PDA

View Full Version : #7 PF In The Game Today

Mile High Champ
09-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... Elton Brand took home the 6th spot just ahead of Carlos Boozer, .... We now head to number 7!

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=261272

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7)
8)
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

Mile High Champ
09-01-2008, 12:12 AM
This was tough for me, I think boozer is kind of overated due to his situation and have deron as his pg. Im gonna go with Pau for this one..

cheers

LA_Raiders
09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Damn...Gasol doesn't get love around here....

I want to see one of the avobe PF take a team (without All-Stars) to the Gold medal game & be the World Champs...

Gasol is a top 5....

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 12:24 AM

I want to see one of the avobe PF take a team (without All-Stars) to the Gold medal game & be the World Champs...

Gasol is a top 5....

Lol Pau Gasol had alot of help with good young players like his brother, Rudy Fernandez, Rubio, Calderon, Navarro, and Delfino....plus they have been playing together forever....it was the ultamate team and if that is your argument for Gasol as top 7 or top 5....yeah what?

Westbrook36
09-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Gasol is not Top 5..I took Boozer.

phillyphan4ever
09-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Between Boozer and Gasol, but i picked Pau.

KG#1
09-01-2008, 12:36 AM
boozer>pau

BullsNumber1Fan
09-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Gasol>Boozer.

Take D.Williams away and you have the Carlos Boozer that was in Cleveland and he isn't nearly as good as he is now. Paul has NEVER had a great PG like D.Williams.

BlueBolts21
09-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Tough one between Pau and Boozer. Pau is the better offensive player but Boozer is the better Rebounder and defender.

I will take Carlos Boozer due to the fact that Boozer is very far ahead of Pau in Rebounding and defense department and Pau is not ahead of Boozer by much in the offense department.

barreleffact
09-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Tough one between Pau and Boozer. Pau is the better offensive player but Boozer is the better Rebounder and defender.

I will take Carlos Boozer due to the fact that Boozer is very far ahead of Pau in Rebounding and defense department and Pau is not ahead of Boozer by much in the offense department.

exactly...but it doesnt matter. all these lists suck anyway. they are never accurate. dirk shouldnt be a num 5 and brand has been injured forever. i think booz is top 5 because ev teams needs a dirty guy. and ppl can say that having d will on his team makes him. they wrong tho. it helps him, i wont argue against that, but it doesnt make him. he is a capable back to the basket guy, and can shoot. he works from the high post in well. he isnt MADE by will what-so-ever IMO. i mean cmon...we aint talkin amare and nash. lol

_Sn1P3r_
09-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I think Boozer then next Pau.

bogdanrom
09-01-2008, 01:12 AM
It's pretty close, but I went with Boozer, then Pau then Jamison.

innovator
09-01-2008, 01:14 AM

since when was boozer better than pau defensively?

FOBolous
09-01-2008, 01:17 AM
I took Gasol cause Gasol was the franchise player for Memphis for awhile and he did a good job...he managed to take Memphis the the Playoffs..granted he lost in the first round but still.

as for Boozer...i can't see Boozer being a franchise player and taking a team to the playoffs

so yeea

go Pau Gasol :)

BlueBolts21
09-01-2008, 01:20 AM
since when was boozer better than pau defensively?

Umm are you serious? Since when was Pau even a decent defender?

skyhibballpj87
09-01-2008, 01:20 AM
there are so many good power fowards its really hard to pick but im gonna get critized for this one but here me out first. gotta go with antwan jaminson for 7 im the only one whos probably gonna vote for him but look at what he did last year. he basically carried that washington team without arenas for the whole season and butler for a good 30 games and they still made playoffs. He stepped up his game by averaging 21 and 10 for the first time in his career and to remind u all he isnt young anymore at the age of 32 he had his best season. the guys a very undersized pf and hes still battles on the boards like crazy. boozer has deron and gasol has kobe so yes they made it deeper into the playoffs. but boozer and gasol disapeared when the teams needed them the most Jaminson has rose to the occassion many times throughout the season. IF he plays like this next season then the wizards are gonna be a nasty team. realistically it should probably go to boozer or pau but if jaminson doesnt make top ten i will be upset because he definitly beats out david west emka rasheed and many more on this list

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Gasol>Boozer.

Take D.Williams away and you have the Carlos Boozer that was in Cleveland and he isn't nearly as good as he is now. Paul has NEVER had a great PG like D.Williams.

He had white chocolate! Blasphemy!!!

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 01:28 AM
there are so many good power fowards its really hard to pick but im gonna get critized for this one but here me out first. gotta go with antwan jaminson for 7 im the only one whos probably gonna vote for him but look at what he did last year. he basically carried that washington team without arenas for the whole season and butler for a good 30 games and they still made playoffs. He stepped up his game by averaging 21 and 10 for the first time in his career and to remind u all he isnt young anymore at the age of 32 he had his best season. the guys a very undersized pf and hes still battles on the boards like crazy. boozer has deron and gasol has kobe so yes they made it deeper into the playoffs. but boozer and gasol disapeared when the teams needed them the most Jaminson has rose to the occassion many times throughout the season. IF he plays like this next season then the wizards are gonna be a nasty team. realistically it should probably go to boozer or pau but if jaminson doesnt make top ten i will be upset because he definitly beats out david west emka rasheed and many more on this list

Jamison is very underrated I agree with you. He is just as good as anyone on this list talent-wise....and he stepped it up by putting up double-digit rebounds and being the leader of a Wizards team that was burdened by injuries all year....

still1ballin
09-01-2008, 01:29 AM
boozer wins this

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 01:41 AM
No Rockets homer votes for the Scola???

ink
09-01-2008, 02:17 AM
I'll just keep saying Gasol until he makes it onto the list. :sigh: How do you say "under-rated" in Spanish?

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 02:24 AM
I'll just keep saying Gasol until he makes it onto the list. :sigh: How do you say "under-rated" in Spanish?

I don't know....but I think overrated in Spanish is "Marc Gasol"

ink
09-01-2008, 02:26 AM
I don't know....but I think overrated in Spanish is "Marc Gasol"

:laugh2:

UK Bull
09-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Boozer then West

BRADfromOZ
09-01-2008, 03:43 AM
I went with David West.

DeeJay
09-01-2008, 04:12 AM
Gasol
West
Boozer

innovator
09-01-2008, 04:13 AM

umm since he came into the league

Faneik
09-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Lol Pau Gasol had alot of help with good young players like his brother, Rudy Fernandez, Rubio, Calderon, Navarro, and Delfino....plus they have been playing together forever....it was the ultamate team and if that is your argument for Gasol as top 7 or top 5....yeah what?

Delfino is Argentinian...

I voted Boozer b/c imo his post game is better than Gasol's.

innovator
09-01-2008, 04:53 AM
but boozer needs sum1 to pass it to him like deron who always use the pick and roll and boozer isnt really much of a 1 on 1 player like gasol, boozer proved that he cant play w/o a good passer in cleveland

LakerzDQ
09-01-2008, 04:54 AM

rebounding does not equal defense. don't be stupid.

Boozer and Pau both suck at defense. I can't say Gasol's better, but he isn't much worse.

with that said, I still think Boozer is a bit better.

Tom81
09-01-2008, 05:20 AM
David West

Chronz
09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Pau, didnt you guys see how he owned Boozer in the playoffs.

Chronz
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Hes still a better defender than Boozer and Pau isnt horrible defensively, there are some advantages to being 7ft tall with excellent mobility.

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
this is getting pretty annoying. :rolleyes:
I'll still reply to this threads though :D
I'll go with Carlos BOOZER

Bound To Lose
09-01-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm surprised Okafor hasn't received more consideration.

dre1990
09-01-2008, 03:38 PM
BOOZER. he should have been number 3

Jayg1712
09-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Boozer no doubt. Pau is an ugly sack of poop

skyhibballpj87
09-01-2008, 04:16 PM
BOOZER. he should have been number 3

wow idk thats alittle extreme i think boozer wouldnt even be that good without deron. i mean hed be decent no doubt and hes a good rebounder for his size but he lacks defense. and consistency in important games there were many times in the playoffs where deron was the only one doing anything in those games which is y they got elminated i admit boozers got alot of upside to him but theres no way. i mean you can kinda say the same thing for amare but amare can create his own shots and his expanded his range more then boozers. plus amare is more versetile and brand is a better all around power foward with his defense and his great scoring ability hes one of the best shot blockers in the game yet hes only 6 8 boozers good no way hes # 3 ill give him 7 or 8 anything less is over rating him

Bound To Lose
09-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Look at Boozer's numbers in 04-05. They were still very good.

ARMIN12NBA
09-01-2008, 05:02 PM

Pau held Kevin Garnett to his lowest FG% in his whole entire career in the playoffs. That FG% was 42%, which is absolutely horrendous for a power forward (in comparison, Bryant shot 41% and is ridiculed and called a choker by some). Basically Gasol is a pretty underrated defender. He also held Tim Duncan to a 42 FG% and held Boozer to a 40 FG%. People calling Gasol a terrible defender are basically misinformed.

Goon.Weezy
09-01-2008, 05:08 PM
gasol or booz

Bound To Lose
09-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Gasol is a good defender. Period.

Westbrook36
09-01-2008, 05:17 PM
exactly...but it doesnt matter. all these lists suck anyway. they are never accurate. dirk shouldnt be a num 5 and brand has been injured forever. i think booz is top 5 because ev teams needs a dirty guy. and ppl can say that having d will on his team makes him. they wrong tho. it helps him, i wont argue against that, but it doesnt make him. he is a capable back to the basket guy, and can shoot. he works from the high post in well. he isnt MADE by will what-so-ever IMO. i mean cmon...we aint talkin amare and nash. lol

Hello? One year...

$ NyC $
09-01-2008, 05:18 PM
boozer...rock solid big man

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Gasol is a top 5....

Fernandez, Navarro, and the rest of the crew may have helped a bit. His team has more NBA players than any team except the US. That is why

yaowowrocket11
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
David West, but its close between him, Boozer, and Gasol.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Pau held Kevin Garnett to his lowest FG% in his whole entire career in the playoffs. That FG% was 42%, which is absolutely horrendous for a power forward (in comparison, Bryant shot 41% and is ridiculed and called a choker by some). Basically Gasol is a pretty underrated defender. He also held Tim Duncan to a 42 FG% and held Boozer to a 40 FG%. People calling Gasol a terrible defender are basically misinformed.

Bryants whole job is to score and defend, of which he did little outside game 2 and 3, one of which was a loss on his home floor. KG is there to score and rebound. Everyone's % goes down in the finals, they are playing good defensive teams. I think Gasol is a decent defender, but he was weak in the finals. West got my vote anyways.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Gasol doesn't need Deron Williams

mikedesi1004
09-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Carlos Boozer

SeoulBeatz
09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
pau is soft, boozer is meh

west it is

hockeypro68
09-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't think Brand is better than Pau or Boozer. Maybe in his prime he was, but certainly not anymore.

Bound To Lose
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Gasol doesn't need Deron Williams

Gasol doesn't have Deron Williams.

BenFrank
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Boozer's over-rated, Gasol's better

rapswin98
09-01-2008, 08:06 PM
boooooooooooooooozer

ShaunRiching9
09-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Boozer by a Hair

skyhibballpj87
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Look at Boozer's numbers in 04-05. They were still very good.

boozer average 17 and 9 boards in 04-05 which are decent numbers i never said boozer wasnt good. but you claim hes the third best pf in the lg i dont think so. yes he average 20 and 10 so did jaminson and he didnt have a good pg to feed him in the post all the time. boozer is overrated hes good but without deron his numbers would go down. hes very weak on defense because alot of the other pfs over power him and his post game is decent and he can hit that 12 to 15 foot jumper occasionally but to say hes the 3rd best is insane does he make my top ten list yes i think so but theres no way he makes my top my list. duncan, kg, amare, bosh, brand, jaminson all guys i would take before boozer. and about gasol i like him i think hes better then boozer but i dont always see the effort from him sometimes he just looks unmotivated to do anything i dont see the determination is he good yes but I dont think you always see him give his all on the boards and even in the finals there were a couple games where kobe looked like he was by himself.

Aapox
09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I voted for Boozer, but I just gotta say that Im definitely voting for Jamison soon, probably next. He is so underrated.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Gasol doesn't have Deron Williams.

Boozer needs Deron Williams to be considered top 10.
before Deron Williams Boooozer was just an awful PF who fouls out too early in games and had a overpaid contract.

Aapox
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I think 8 - Antawn, 9 - David West, 10 - Pau Gasol, maybe Sheed.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I voted for Boozer but KnicksandKobe makes a good point...Boozer needs Deron to have the stats that he has now...but he was not awful so I disagree with you on that...is it possible to switch to Pau? Pau was still a very very good pf/center when he was in Memphis with no point guard like Deron.

Aapox
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Lies. Boozer has completely developed. He does flourish off of D-Will but he can still work the post well. Of course, D-Will does feed him well, but I'd say he's a lot less dependent on Deron than David West is on Chris Paul.

With all that said, I'm not the biggest Boozer fan, but he's a damn good player.

Aapox
09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't say that Pau was "very very good". I'd say that he flourished from being the 1st option on a bad team. It's easier to dominate as a big man with a bad team than it is at G/SF, with the exception of extremely talented players.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't think Brand is better than Pau or Boozer. Maybe in his prime he was, but certainly not anymore.

Brand is 29. He is in his prime. He had a freak injury, he is recovered, he will be a top 5 PF this season for sure

Bound To Lose
09-01-2008, 10:55 PM
boozer average 17 and 9 boards in 04-05 which are decent numbers i never said boozer wasnt good. but you claim hes the third best pf in the lg i dont think so

Did I? I simply said that Boozers numbers before Deron Williams were comparable to his numbers after Deron Williams. I never said Boozer should be number 3.

Westbrook36
09-01-2008, 10:56 PM

Might be because your a Clippers fan? Alittle Grudge? :rolleyes:

Bound To Lose
09-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Boozer needs Deron Williams to be considered top 10.
before Deron Williams Boooozer was just an awful PF who fouls out too early in games and had a overpaid contract.

Never was Boozer considered awful.

Nighthawk
09-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Glad to see Boozer winning this spot decisively. Hes the best choice. For 8 i think its a toss up between Pau/Sheed/West. Any of those 3 can fill the final spots in any order.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Jamison deserves it more than Sheed...hands down. I might put him ahead of a few others as well...He's been putting up 20,10 (or very close to those numbers) for a while. And, he's been doing it as the 3rd option.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Jamison deserves it more than Sheed...hands down. I might put him ahead of a few others as well...He's been putting up 20,10 (or very close to those numbers) for a while. And, he's been doing it as the 3rd option.

Jamison has always flown under the radar. I have always liked him.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Yea, he's been one of my favorite players. Always one of the most underrated players in the NBA but always one of the top players.

RocketsRule
09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
For me, the choice is between Carlos Boozer and Pau Gasol.

I went with Boozer because I feel that he is the tougher one inside. He rebounds better and plays much better defense that Gasol as well. Both are 20 and 10 guys, but the fact that Gasol plays little defense, and is very soft didn't help his case. Still, it was a close decision, but Boozer came out on top here.

LA_Raiders
09-01-2008, 11:49 PM
BS...Gasol Schooled Boozer last year...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-01-2008, 11:50 PM
BOOzer is over-rated.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
It's kinda hard to overrate someone who averages 20 and 10...he is a very good pf but to be honest with you, I'm not sure where he belongs.

GCOOKIE7
09-01-2008, 11:53 PM

isn't Delfino Argentinian?

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Yea he is lol.

skyhibballpj87
09-02-2008, 12:13 AM
sry bounds to loose i was arguing with dre he said that boozer should be #3 and then you made a comment under it that boozers stats were good before deron so i thought it was the same guy cause by saying that it seemed you were going aganist my argument that boozer is third best and doesnt need deron to do well. my bad but dre ur smoking something good if you think boozer is 3rd best in the lg

hockeypro68
09-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Brand is 29. He is in his prime. He had a freak injury, he is recovered, he will be a top 5 PF this season for sure

I think you're mistaken. Brand has Definitely passed his prime. ESPECIALLY after last season's injury. I don't see Brand averaging 20 points next season. All I was saying is that I think Boozer and Pau are better. Brand is still great, but he'll have to impress me after missing last season to deserve the #7 PF spot over Boozer and Pau.

Bound To Lose
09-02-2008, 02:08 AM
He's in his prime, regardless of last years injury.