PDA

View Full Version : Backcourt

liliverson819
08-31-2008, 10:32 PM
i just made this thread out of boredom but i just wanted to make a little comparison thread of how many teams in the nba have a better backcourt than ai and chucky and them how many teams have a better backcourt than jr and ai? i think that there are about 20 backcourt better than chucky and ai and maybe only 5 or ten at the most better than ai and jr wat do you all think?

29$JerZ
08-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Mike Bibby + Joe Johnson
Rajon Rondo + Ray Allen
Raymond Felton + Jason Richardson
Chauncey Billups + Rip Hamilton
Rafaer Alston + Tracy McGrady
Derek Fisher + Kobe Bryant
Tony Parker + Michael Finley/Manu Ginobli

Only ones I can think of that are better IMO

liliverson819
08-31-2008, 11:05 PM
are those better than ai and chucky or ai and jr or both?

C-Dub
08-31-2008, 11:57 PM
copycat, lol

rip and chuancey
manu and parker

better than ai and jr

wade and chalmers haha
VC and harris (itll be different for them this season)

better than ai and chucky

DenButsu
09-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Mike Bibby + Joe Johnson
Rajon Rondo + Ray Allen
Raymond Felton + Jason Richardson
Chauncey Billups + Rip Hamilton
Rafaer Alston + Tracy McGrady
Derek Fisher + Kobe Bryant
Tony Parker + Michael Finley/Manu Ginobli

Only ones I can think of that are better IMO

That's a pretty good list of solid backcourts. I'm not convinced that either Rondo/Allen, Felton/J-Rich, or Alston/T-mac is better than AI/JR. Felton/J-Rich... I like Richardson and Felton but I don't think either is the type of impact player that AI, Allen and T-Mac are. And while I think Allen and T-Mac are on comparable levels with AI at this point in his career, I think JR is better than either Rondo or Alston.

But overall pretty good list, I think.

liliverson819
09-01-2008, 02:14 AM
copycat, lol well i figured you did the frontcourt so i might as well do the backcourt lol

DenButsu
09-01-2008, 02:25 AM
well i figured you did the frontcourt so i might as well do the backcourt lol

You guys are on a slippery slope now...

eman
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I think the most telling stat in the league is the number of shot attempts per game. By looking at this stat you can tell who the offensive focal point of a team is. AI is the Nuggets leading shot taker. So in your scenario of an AI and JR backcourt who exactly is the point guard, Kenyon Martin?

AI is a star in this league because of the player he is, an undersized shoot first and ask questions later guard. Asking him to be something else this late in his career is a disservice to him and the Nuggets. When I looked at this stat I understood what the Nuggets had become, the Denver 76'ers!

DenButsu
09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Karl is doing the team a disservice by NOT asking him - the mature, veteran, talented-enough-to-adjust-his-game player that he is - and AI is doing the team a disservice by not stepping up voluntarily - to play a more distributive role when the Nuggets consistently win at a 90% or greater clip in games in which AI has 10 or more assists.

F15Eagle
09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Melo is the one that took the most shots last season.
Melo ~19.4 shots / game. Iverson about 19.1 shots / game.
George Karl is a good Coach, and has full confidence in AI. AI is not a distributor (like Kidd), but a scorer !!!! He is the best combo guard in the league, and can pour in points and gets a lot of assists and steals at the same time. (Best!!!!) For those of you that love Melo, do not worry, AI will feed Melo with the ball, but expect great plays between him and Nene, K-Mart, J.R., Balkman, Kleiza, Hunter, and Birdman. If Nene is healthy AI - Nene combo will be fantastic!!!!

C-Dub
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
i actually think our whole starting lineup got better since last season, by either improving individually in any way or just having better players at the PG and C positions for what our team needs