PDA

View Full Version : Which players will be gone?

Spurred1
08-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Which players do you think will be gone by the trade deadline or next offseason? Yes-it is early to start predicting, but what else have we got to do until the season finally starts?

cmellofan15
08-31-2008, 10:31 PM
I'll go Bold-Chauncey Billups

pwest6
08-31-2008, 10:32 PM
I hope Jamaal Tinsley. :pray:

29$JerZ
08-31-2008, 10:32 PM
Jamaal Tinsley
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Allen Iverson - Have a feeling

heyman321
08-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh God I hope Joey Graham and Andrea Bargnani off the Raptors and Randolph and/ or Curry off the Knicks.

BillyHoyle35
08-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Josh Howard or Lamar Odom could be possibilites

rapswin98
08-31-2008, 10:48 PM
billiups
carter
randolph
iverson

Strumpy
08-31-2008, 10:50 PM
I'll go Bold-Chauncey Billups

Definitely a distinct possibility if the Pistons start out below par.

NastyRud
08-31-2008, 11:33 PM
From the Bulls, I think Noci and maybe Hughes will be traded.

Jay22Redd
08-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Billups
Josh Howard

knicks1214
08-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Hopefully Zach Randolph...

Lone Maverick
08-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Sheed
Billups
Odom
Iverson

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 12:18 AM
It all deppends on wich teams deliver and wich ones suck, and how much do they deliver or suck.

For example if Lakers make a 72-10 Record and go on wining the League they will resign Odom, but if they are like 25-20 in february he will be gone for sure.

If Mavs are doing great no one will move, but if they are sucking big time maybe Dirk goes Wild and asks for a trade.

It also depends on wich players you have, for example Blazers have two great player for each position so they may trade some for a suddenly available star.

You have to take on account that some teams will feel near the ring and will like to exchange youth or expirings for Stablished star, and others will want to get rid of Stablished star with Long Contract to rebuild.

So basically, taking on account those things here are the Likely Candidates in each team.

NY: EVERYONE is likely to move and i mean EVERYONE.

NJ:Carter for some expirings and youngsters to a team that wants to contend NOW.

PHI: Miller if they are not meeting their expectations, for a solid Player.

BOS: No one unless they start sucking big time, then maybe they will get rid of Allen.

TOR: They Need badly outside shooting they have Three Power fowards, They are no longer so fond of Barganini , sounds like a trade for a SG ( Ben Gordon anyone? Arent bulls looking for a Pf that can SCORE?).

CHA:If they are Near the Playoffs i can see them using Morrison, Either Felton or Rookie PG and or May to try to lure another veteran.
Okafor is a candidate for Sign and Trade.

ATL: No one really but looks Smith didnt really want to Resign......May ask out if they suck.

ORL: Nobody, maybe some expiring scrub from the bench for a younger player.

MIA: Marion has a fat expiring contract and they need a Center or a Point Guard Badly he will eventually get traded. Maybe Haslem.

WAS:No one really likely.

IND: Tinsley if they find someone stupid enough to eat his bad and LONG contract, Unless someone likes Granger SO much to eat up his contract too and even Murphys... (Desperate Lakers getting rid of Odom?).

MIL:Charlie Villanueva is not compatible with RJ he may get traded.

CHI:Gordon does not want to go on, they will try to get rid of Hugues and Gooden, wich will probably require them to sweeten the taker with Tyrus Thomas.

DET: Anyone of the big Four can be moved being Wallace the Most Likely and Billups the hardest to Deal.

CLE: Lebron shoudl be traded, im positive if the trade him Now they will manage to get a GOOD player some expiring Contracts and 2 or 3 First Rounds, if they wait to 2010 they will lose him for nothing.
I wont hold my breath until it happens tough, im sure Scerbiak will be moved on a Pack with Gibson posibbly to get LBJ more Guns to fight.

MEM: I Expect Milicic to be Moved and also a BIG FEUD between Mayo and Gay for the Leader of the franchise spot so one may be trade, also one of this three , Lowry, Conley or Critt will be dealt.

NO: I dont see them trading anyone unless someone is crazy enough to want Peja .

S.A: I dont see Major changes happening, their plan is keep going old and let tehir guys expire and then rebuild with cap space.

HOU: I can see Battier being dealt for a Point Guard to try to win it all, or Artest if he go nuts once again.

DALL: wont resign Kidd, maybe will deal Howard and try to move Dampier,Iverson vould be a good Deal , have Kidd, Ai and Dirk a last Try .

DEN: Iverson, Period.

POR: No one in principle, they may like Bayless or Rudy so much that they decide to trade Roy, or one of them, doubt they will keep the three for long.

UTA: Will try to trade Kirilenko.

MIN: Done trading i guess.

OKC: Everyone except Durant, i guess they will try to get a second young star.

LAK: I see a Pack of Odom+Farmar going somwhere for a Crappy Pg and a SF.

LAC: May end up trading Camby if he does not work well with Kaman.

SAC: Will try to get rid of Shareef , Miller and Thomas.

SUNS: Could Deal Nash for Young Pieces or try to fool someone else on Shaq for Some pieces, If they dont start rebuilding now they will Risk Stoudamire going Nuts on them and deciding to taste FA in 10.

GS: Harrington? Jackson?

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 01:16 AM
for example Blazers have two great player for each position so they may trade some for a suddenly available star.

Great point....everyone looks at their lineup now but if somebody like Josh Smith demands a trade....they have more than enough to trade for him without hurting much....

MEM: I Expect Milicic to be Moved and also a BIG FEUD between Mayo and Gay for the Leader of the franchise spot so one may be traded

Gay is too passive to battle for anything....

HOU: I can see Battier being dealt for a Point Guard to try to win it all, or Artest if he go nuts once again.

I don't see Battier getting traded....

Yeah he needs a change of scenery

Westbrook and Green look very promising I would say....

bigmac8675
09-01-2008, 06:29 AM
I say Harrington and maybe others in a package deal from the Warriors will be gone.

Mckphins
09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Shaq and iverson to find new homes sometime soon. Iverson needs to go to a contender, and shaq is done

mitch91
09-01-2008, 09:07 AM
who is going to take shaq? and what would the suns trade him for? unless rolo has a great first season they are going to keep shaq unless they can get another post player in return

J-Relo
09-01-2008, 09:56 AM
SUNS: Could Deal Nash for Young Pieces or try to fool someone else on Shaq for Some pieces, If they dont start rebuilding now they will Risk Stoudamire going Nuts on them and deciding to taste FA in 10.

nahh... PHX is now at his probably at its best in last few years, i don't think smth like that will happen... at least this season...

innovator
09-01-2008, 10:14 AM
^lafrentz,pryzbilla for shaq? shaq can be oden's mentor

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I hope Jamaal Tinsley. :pray:

no doubt, but who is stupid enough to take him?

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
From the Bulls, I think Noci and maybe Hughes will be traded.

Hughes makes way too much money to trade. He only went to Chicago as part of a huge deal. That is the only way he leaves

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Mark Blount :pray:

Cavs_Fan24
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Rasheed Wallace

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Mark Blount :pray:

keep dreaming. He makes like 15 million guaranteed over the next 2 years. You have to hope he is a potential expiring contract deal next summer. Why the Heat traded for him I will never understand. McHale 1, Riley 0 on that one.

fins08
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Marion. You can have Mark Blount free.

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 11:50 AM
keep dreaming. He makes like 15 million guaranteed over the next 2 years. You have to hope he is a potential expiring contract deal next summer. Why the Heat traded for him I will never understand. McHale 1, Riley 0 on that one.

everybody said that Shaq was untradeable but nothing is
to Riley :p

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-01-2008, 11:55 AM
It all deppends on wich teams deliver and wich ones suck, and how much do they deliver or suck.

For example if Lakers make a 72-10 Record and go on wining the League they will resign Odom, but if they are like 25-20 in february he will be gone for sure.

If Mavs are doing great no one will move, but if they are sucking big time maybe Dirk goes Wild and asks for a trade.

It also depends on wich players you have, for example Blazers have two great player for each position so they may trade some for a suddenly available star.

You have to take on account that some teams will feel near the ring and will like to exchange youth or expirings for Stablished star, and others will want to get rid of Stablished star with Long Contract to rebuild.

So basically, taking on account those things here are the Likely Candidates in each team.

NJ:Carter for some expirings and youngsters to a team that wants to contend NOW.

BOS: No one unless they start sucking big time, then maybe they will get rid of Allen.

TOR: They Need badly outside shooting they have Three Power fowards, They are no longer so fond of Barganini , sounds like a trade for a SG ( Ben Gordon anyone? Arent bulls looking for a Pf that can SCORE?).

CHA:If they are Near the Playoffs i can see them using Morrison, Either Felton or Rookie PG and or May to try to lure another veteran.

ATL: No one really but looks Smith didnt really want to Resign......May ask out if they suck.

MIA: Marion has a fat expiring contract and they need a Center or a Point Guard Badly he will eventually get traded. Maybe Haslem.

IND: Tinsley if they find someone stupid enough to eat his bad and LONG contract, Unless someone likes Granger SO much to eat up his contract too and even Murphys... (Desperate Lakers getting rid of Odom?).

CHI:Gordon does not want to go on, they will try to get rid of Hugues and Gooden, wich will probably require them to sweeten the taker with Tyrus Thomas.

DET: Anyone of the big Four can be moved being Wallace the Most Likely and Billups the hardest to Deal.

CLE: Lebron shoudl be traded, im positive if the trade him Now they will manage to get a GOOD player some expiring Contracts and 2 or 3 First Rounds, if they wait to 2010 they will lose him for nothing.
I wont hold my breath until it happens tough, im sure Scerbiak will be moved on a Pack with Gibson posibbly to get LBJ more Guns to fight.

MEM: I Expect Milicic to be Moved and also a BIG FEUD between Mayo and Gay for the Leader of the franchise spot so one may be trade, also one of this three , Lowry, Conley or Critt will be dealt.

NO: I dont see them trading anyone unless someone is crazy enough to want Peja .

S.A: I dont see Major changes happening, their plan is keep going old and let tehir guys expire and then rebuild with cap space.

DALL: wont resign Kidd, maybe will deal Howard and try to move Dampier,Iverson vould be a good Deal , have Kidd, Ai and Dirk a last Try .

POR: No one in principle, they may like Bayless or Rudy so much that they decide to trade Roy, or one of them, doubt they will keep the three for long.

That would be the dumbest thing to do.

No one is certain where he is going, but giving up on a player that only comes around maybe once in a franchises history is very, very dumb.

Besides Cleveland can build a good team now, they have Szczerbiak as a very attractive trade piece come trading deadline time. So the team is only going to get better around LeBron, I honestly think LeBron is staying and all you dreamers can stop dreaming, because Cleveland's only getting better.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
everybody said that Shaq was untradeable but nothing is
to Riley :p

true, there is always a whiner out there like Marion making money, and a desperate team realizing they missed their window, ie, Mavs or Suns

fredv
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Suprised nobody said Carmelo Anthony. I see him leaving for fresh air.

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Suprised nobody said Carmelo Anthony. I see him leaving for fresh air.

nobody really gives a ***** about Melo :D

Faneik
09-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe Brad Miller leaving the Kings since they're trying to go young...

BullsNumber1Fan
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM

:confused:That's where you are wrong, if we(the Bulls) trade Drew Gooden, then we want Tyrus Thomas to take his place. Not trade him to sweeten the deal.

chi-town kid
09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with you #32

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I meant in a package for Hughes not for Gooden.

And about Lebron.

He already said he would consider an offer from europe for the right amount.

Dont you know that he has a clause in his Nike Contract that says they will pay him TRHEE to FOUR more times more money if he signs with a team in the top three markets? Chi,NY,L.A

There is a snowflake chance in hell that he stays in Cleveland.

The BEST they can take is HOPE all the 5 teams that are in those citys are over the cap and they can take something back from a sign and trade.

But im POSITIVE that at least 2 of the Five teams, Knicks and Nets will be able to offer him the Max.

NastyRud
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Hughes makes way too much money to trade. He only went to Chicago as part of a huge deal. That is the only way he leaves

If you read the thread, it says by the trade deadline or next off season. Hughes would be in the last year of his deal next year so he will become very valuable. I can easily see a team like Nets, Miami, or any other team trying to cash in on 2010 go after him just to clear cap room.

RoyalG333
09-01-2008, 08:53 PM
With the arrival of D rose, I think Hinrich will be moved along with guys like Gooden and Gordon. If I were the Bulls, I keep Tyrus Thomas, Nocioni, Hughes, Noah, and try to get a really good PF for Hinrich.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I meant in a package for Hughes not for Gooden.

And about Lebron.

He already said he would consider an offer from europe for the right amount.

Dont you know that he has a clause in his Nike Contract that says they will pay him TRHEE to FOUR more times more money if he signs with a team in the top three markets? Chi,NY,L.A

There is a snowflake chance in hell that he stays in Cleveland.

The BEST they can take is HOPE all the 5 teams that are in those citys are over the cap and they can take something back from a sign and trade.

But im POSITIVE that at least 2 of the Five teams, Knicks and Nets will be able to offer him the Max.

1st of all there was hardly any truth to the LeBron to Europe thing. LeBron simply said If Europe offered me 50million I would consider, and who wouldn't?

Again you don't understand the situation, he wants to win and make money.

He can win with Cleveland and he can make the max contract with them.

Yes, it might be a little less then what Nike has to offer, but winning a championship would be much easier to do in Cleveland at this point. (sorry knicks fans)

You must not understand the fact the cavaliers still will get better. Most people are letting this insane topic die down, but you seem to still dream about it.

Lakersfan2483
09-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Lamar may be gone next season, it depends on how he performs this year. It's his last season under contract, he may be traded or just play another year for LA. I think Detroit will make some changes in the near future, maybe Sheed and Billups will get traded.

dre1990
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Kirk Hinrick, Larry Hughes, Drew gooden, Jamal Tinsley, MAYBE lamar, Shawn Marion, and no way in hell id detroit trading mr. big shot

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
If you read the thread, it says by the trade deadline or next off season. Hughes would be in the last year of his deal next year so he will become very valuable. I can easily see a team like Nets, Miami, or any other team trying to cash in on 2010 go after him just to clear cap room.

true, but I think Chicago will have to keep him if they let Gordon walk. Hinrich is just not big enough to play full time 2.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Lamar may be gone next season, it depends on how he performs this year. It's his last season under contract, he may be traded or just play another year for LA. I think Detroit will make some changes in the near future, maybe Sheed and Billups will get traded.

I think it would have made sense for LA to trade him for Artest, but I would keep him now. 6'10", 7', 7' across the front line is impressive. Plus, Bynum will make them a little tougher, and Odom and Pau have a finals under their belts now, might as well ride them. Their role players need some work though. Detroit will do something I think. Billups is the one, with Stuckey waiting in the wings.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Kirk Hinrick, Larry Hughes, Drew gooden, Jamal Tinsley, MAYBE lamar, Shawn Marion, and no way in hell id detroit trading mr. big shot

Agreed. I was so pissed when the Wolves let Billups go. I know Terrell Brandon was healthy, and pretty sweet at the time, but I just liked Billups. They have found a way to reduce his regular season minutes (Stuckey), but I think Detroit knows it has to do something, and he is the most attractive thing they have.

NastyRud
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
true, but I think Chicago will have to keep him if they let Gordon walk. Hinrich is just not big enough to play full time 2.

That's why I think Kirk will stay. Cheaper than Hughes. For now I see him as the starter and when Rose is ready Kirk will move to the top G off the bench. I'm thinking it will be Rose / Thabo as starters with Kirk backing them up after this season.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
That's why I think Kirk will stay. Cheaper than Hughes. For now I see him as the starter and when Rose is ready Kirk will move to the top G off the bench. I'm thinking it will be Rose / Thabo as starters with Kirk backing them up after this season.

you could be right, but why not let Hughes contract expire, and sign a low post scorer? I guess if you can trade for one, even better, but Chicago is a few years off from contending, point guards just take longer to develop. Especially ones without a jumper. I think Rose is going to be what Marbury could have been, but he is a few years off from being a stud. I love him though. Point guards should not be able to throw double pump dunks down from outside the lane. He is a freak

NastyRud
09-01-2008, 09:36 PM
you could be right, but why not let Hughes contract expire, and sign a low post scorer? I guess if you can trade for one, even better, but Chicago is a few years off from contending, point guards just take longer to develop. Especially ones without a jumper. I think Rose is going to be what Marbury could have been, but he is a few years off from being a stud. I love him though. Point guards should not be able to throw double pump dunks down from outside the lane. He is a freak

I agree - we do need a low post scorer. That's why I suggested in our Bulls forum that maybe we should try to trade for Darko (yes, I have been bashed for it). I think he can be a low post scorer if given the chance. Which brings us to two more players that may be gone.
Darko Milicic & # 1 pick for Noci?

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I agree - we do need a low post scorer. That's why I suggested in our Bulls forum that maybe we should try to trade for Darko (yes, I have been bashed for it). I think he can be a low post scorer if given the chance. Which brings us to two more players that may be gone.
Darko Milicic & # 1 pick for Noci?

Not a big Darko fan, but then again, I have't watched him a whole lot. I am getting the NBA league pass this year, so I will watch a ton of games. I know my wife is super happy about it.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Anderson Varejao And Wally Szczerbiak!

NastyRud
09-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Not a big Darko fan, but then again, I have't watched him a whole lot. I am getting the NBA league pass this year, so I will watch a ton of games. I know my wife is super happy about it.

I think it's a low risk deal. 2 yrs for 7 mil a yr. If he doesn't pan out then we clear him in 2010.