PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Larish

Bondomania
08-31-2008, 03:27 PM
I thought this guy might be blocked and turned into trade bait in the future, or he could have been our future DH.. however, in the last week he has looked pretty solid at 3B.. now i am starting to think maybe he could be the 3rd basemen of the future with Worth or Iorg as the SS of the future. Larish has displayed an ability to make most of the plays and has also displayed a pretty good arm, not to bad for a guy that has been primarily a 1st basemen throughout his minor league career. Maybe the best solution would be to move Guillen to DH next year, with the occassional appearance at 3rd and maybe in an emergency SS. I think if Larish can take the next step and adjust to big league pitching, i think he could produce at a level similar to Guillen, 15 to 25 hr's and 70 to 90 rbi's, somewhere in that area.

Epic89
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
He leaves me flat. Absolutely flat. I really don't think the kid is anything special (at all)

Bondomania
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
i like him more than i like a lot of the players on the field currently.. the guy hustles down the line, and i believe he could steal a base every once in a while.. He isn't a stud blue chip prospect like a lot of prospects, but he can hit anywhere from .250 to .280 with power.. lately he hasn't looked good, but i think it more has to do with him learning a new position.. but that is my opinion, right now we don't have a lot of young guys that are ready and Hollimon failed miserably at AAA this last year. He might not be good right now, like i said, but he really can work a count, has good plate discipline, however, there are times where he does look overmatched at the plate by some of the better pitchers in the league, but i think he can adjust

mark1125
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I do agree that I would much ratehr see him get playing time than some of the others. We have nothing to lose, so I want to see how he handles some PT.

I do not seehim being much more than a part time player who can provide some pop off the bench. That is in Detroit. If he can show a little, maybe we could trade him off for some pitching help.