PDA

View Full Version : take a look at Portland

nstojic
08-31-2008, 02:36 PM
they've got some extra bodies, would love to see Fernandez as our starting #2 and parker as the backup.. dreams....

back to the point, you're BC, how do you sneak in there and try to pry away some decent talent while they're focus is on Oden, Roy, Aldridge, Bayless... maybe a Diogu, maybe a Fernandez, maybe an Outlaw? hmm?

Dol-Fan
08-31-2008, 02:49 PM
the only possible way, really, would be to throw a young, underachieving player (Graham) and an unprotected pick or two, and you MIGHT get a Fernandez. With our assets, we're not getting Outlaw. Realistically, there won't be any more trades made by BC.

nstojic
08-31-2008, 03:13 PM
the only possible way, really, would be to throw a young, underachieving player (Graham) and an unprotected pick or two, and you MIGHT get a Fernandez. With our assets, we're not getting Outlaw. Realistically, there won't be any more trades made by BC.

i agree 100%, this is definately an off-season thread... to me, this is the dullest point of the year... all the offseason roster stuff has died down but all the upcoming season hype has yet to entirely begin so therefore, this is the grey-area my friends, this is limbo...

i keep telling myself that it's all ok and in a few weeks the training camp reports will start filtering in but i don't believe and then it DOES all start up again and all is well, it's a vicious cycle i go through!

brebre82
08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
^ I must agree, this 'grey area' you talk about is a raptor fan's purgatory.

nstojic
08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
^ I must agree, this 'grey area' you talk about is a raptor fan's purgatory.

THAT's IT! couldn't think of that word at the moment... that's what i meant

drisjr
09-01-2008, 01:12 AM
what we need is a sf who can slash to the net draw the fouls like a grant hill maybe

Dol-Fan
09-01-2008, 05:19 AM
what we need is a sf who can slash to the net draw the fouls like a grant hill maybe

I think an athletic SG who can defend and drop the odd 3 is more crucial. We've got two younger 3s who could easily be starters on a championship team (Kapono, Moon). Parker is getting older with no replacement in sight and neither Kapono or Moon is going to be playing the 2 anytime soon. BC's next goal has to be a star level 2.

star
09-01-2008, 09:48 AM
maybe if ukic plays well he can turn into a 2

deaner
09-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I think an athletic SG who can defend and drop the odd 3 is more crucial. We've got two younger 3s who could easily be starters on a championship team (Kapono, Moon). Parker is getting older with no replacement in sight and neither Kapono or Moon is going to be playing the 2 anytime soon. BC's next goal has to be a star level 2.

Neither kapono or moon should be starting in the league. I think Adams will provide more than moon did last year for the raps. We are fine at the SG spot this year. We have 4 partial players at the SF spot ... That's where the focus needs to be going forward.

nstojic
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM

it's your opinion but not reality

star
09-02-2008, 12:13 AM

WOW buddy .... you think moon or kapono would start over paul peirce? hahahahahahahahah

i dont think there is a single top 4 team in either conference where either would be a starter .... also i dont think there is a PLAYOFF team where either one would be a consensus pick to start ...

Dol-Fan
09-02-2008, 01:01 AM
WOW buddy .... you think moon or kapono would start over paul peirce? hahahahahahahahah

i dont think there is a single top 4 team in either conference where either would be a starter .... also i dont think there is a PLAYOFF team where either one would be a consensus pick to start ...

are you serious? when did I say they would start over Paul Pierce? (PS get his name right...) oh and don't call me buddy, I'm not your buddy.

I said they could easily start on a championship team. Why not? Kapono was KEY on Miami in their championship run, didn't start (I don't think) over Posey but neither of those two are highly regarded as top tier SFs. But with a player like Wade playing the 2 it didn't matter. Does anyone see my point?

How about San Antonio with Bowen... what did he ever do on the offensive end except for sit on the 3pt line? Tenacious defender, yes, but with Moon's athleticism he could do the same thing. Maybe not a reliable shooter like Bowen but if he can become a bit of a threat offensively he could pass.

Even Prince when Detroit won the championship was not yet a highly regarded player, since then, yes he has risen but he was the fourth option behind Wallace, Hamilton and Billups and was really only used for his defense and offensive STABILITY not firepower.

I see that no one read my full post, if we have a star calibre SG we can get by with Kapono or Moon as a SF. There is no need to have a starting lineup of 5 all-stars.

and don't give me the "hahahahaha" ******** that attitude will get you banned in no time. You don't poke fun at people on a message board no matter how stupid you believe their opinions may be. Provide an argument and show me WHY they can't be starters on a championship team.

pebloemer
09-02-2008, 09:05 AM
are you serious? when did I say they would start over Paul Pierce? (PS get his name right...) oh and don't call me buddy, I'm not your buddy.

I said they could easily start on a championship team. Why not? Kapono was KEY on Miami in their championship run, didn't start (I don't think) over Posey but neither of those two are highly regarded as top tier SFs. But with a player like Wade playing the 2 it didn't matter. Does anyone see my point?

How about San Antonio with Bowen... what did he ever do on the offensive end except for sit on the 3pt line? Tenacious defender, yes, but with Moon's athleticism he could do the same thing. Maybe not a reliable shooter like Bowen but if he can become a bit of a threat offensively he could pass.

Even Prince when Detroit won the championship was not yet a highly regarded player, since then, yes he has risen but he was the fourth option behind Wallace, Hamilton and Billups and was really only used for his defense and offensive STABILITY not firepower.

I see that no one read my full post, if we have a star calibre SG we can get by with Kapono or Moon as a SF. There is no need to have a starting lineup of 5 all-stars.

and don't give me the "hahahahaha" ******** that attitude will get you banned in no time. You don't poke fun at people on a message board no matter how stupid you believe their opinions may be. Provide an argument and show me WHY they can't be starters on a championship team.

Of course you can make an argument or make the statement that Kapono or Moon can be starters on a championship team. ****, Radmonovic started for the Lakers this year. But is that what you aspire to? Any player that knows their role and plays it well could start on a championship team as long as they have others on the team that can pick up the scoring or defensive slack.

Your original argument is that we need someone at the 2 "who can defend and hit the odd three." I think that is actually one of the better descriptions I have ever heard of Anthony Parker. He is missing the athleticism, but I would take him on a championship team before Moon or Kapono. In Moon you get a good help defender but any defender you prefers to play with his hands over his feet is going to get some bad fouls along with the great blocks or steals. And Kapono can't defend at all.

I think Parker is a more complete player than either of those two options. Everyone talks about his age, but at 33 he still has a few years left in him. He is only 1 year older than Garnett. Bruce Bowen is still on a starter on a championship team and he is 37.

I definately agree that we need someone who can slash to the basket and defend but I just think Parker is close to that description than either Kapono or Moon.

I do think we could both agree that the two positions where we need upgrades are the 2 and the 3.

star
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM

You said he could start on a championship team - last i checked the champs were Boston and as far as i can tell their starting SF was Pierce

He was NOT the starter - your argument that i found faulty is "that he could START" - he cannot and has not.

Bowen can defend (one of the best) and can shoot 3's (well) -
Jamario can defend (not close to bowen) but CANNOT shoot 3's at all.
Kapono can shoot - better than bowen - but could not defend Vince's mom

Therefore - unless you had a machine to merge Jamario and Kapono into one player - BOWEN would start - and they would not start over him

Prince > defensively than Kapono & Moon & does MORE on the floor than offensively than Kapono or Moon

We have scrubs at both SG and SF every sungle one of them would not start on any of the contending teams

Provide an argument? Your point is so delusional it would be like asking you to argue "Andrea is better than Dirk" ... cause when YOU say Kapono OR Moon could start over - Posey, Pierce, Bowen, Prince, J. Rich, Diaw, J. Howard
etc it is essentially the same thing ...

hahhaahahhaahaha - is me not making FUN of you (cause i feel sorry for you) it is my reaction to reading this article ... like if we were having a conversation and you would see me laugh in your face.

Dol-Fan
09-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Of course you can make an argument or make the statement that Kapono or Moon can be starters on a championship team. ****, Radmonovic started for the Lakers this year. But is that what you aspire to? Any player that knows their role and plays it well could start on a championship team as long as they have others on the team that can pick up the scoring or defensive slack.

Your original argument is that we need someone at the 2 "who can defend and hit the odd three." I think that is actually one of the better descriptions I have ever heard of Anthony Parker. He is missing the athleticism, but I would take him on a championship team before Moon or Kapono. In Moon you get a good help defender but any defender you prefers to play with his hands over his feet is going to get some bad fouls along with the great blocks or steals. And Kapono can't defend at all.

I think Parker is a more complete player than either of those two options. Everyone talks about his age, but at 33 he still has a few years left in him. He is only 1 year older than Garnett. Bruce Bowen is still on a starter on a championship team and he is 37.

I definately agree that we need someone who can slash to the basket and defend but I just think Parker is close to that description than either Kapono or Moon.

I do think we could both agree that the two positions where we need upgrades are the 2 and the 3.

No my friend I said BC's next goal has to be a star level 2 guard, read the whole post and notice I have not edited it.

Thank you for the competent response though I appreciate the civil discussion. I agree with you that Parker is probably a better piece to a championship team (truth be told, I love his game, I think its perfect for a winning system). If we can come across a star level 3 by 2010 then I would absolutely LOVE to keep Parker around for a championship run, but I just don't see it happening. All of the star potential SFs seem to be off the market (Iggy, Smith) James isn't happening, Prince isn't dynamic enough, don't like Marion's game, Outlaw won't be good enough, maybe Durant if OKC doesn't go anywhere soon but you can see that the options are limited.

I'd like to see if Moon can improve his D with more experience, remember last year was his first in the league.

My reasoning for suggesting a star level 2 rather than 3 is because of a lack of options at the 3 not because of an abundance of talent that we already have there.

Star, you should really stop posting here and if I was still a mod I would lobby to have to banned. That is no way to act on a message board.

pebloemer
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
No my friend I said BC's next goal has to be a star level 2 guard, read the whole post and notice I have not edited it.

Well I may have been loose in my words when describing your argument, so I apologize for that, but it does not make too much of a difference with what I am saying.

Would we agree that the best available 2 or 3 at a reasonable price over the next couple years would be top priority?

star
09-02-2008, 04:52 PM

Thank you for the competent response though I appreciate the civil discussion. I agree with you that Parker is probably a better piece to a championship team (truth be told, I love his game, I think its perfect for a winning system). If we can come across a star level 3 by 2010 then I would absolutely LOVE to keep Parker around for a championship run, but I just don't see it happening. All of the star potential SFs seem to be off the market (Iggy, Smith) James isn't happening, Prince isn't dynamic enough, don't like Marion's game, Outlaw won't be good enough, maybe Durant if OKC doesn't go anywhere soon but you can see that the options are limited.

I'd like to see if Moon can improve his D with more experience, remember last year was his first in the league.

My reasoning for suggesting a star level 2 rather than 3 is because of a lack of options at the 3 not because of an abundance of talent that we already have there.

Star, you should really stop posting here and if I was still a mod I would lobby to have to banned. That is no way to act on a message board.

LOL ... banned? for what quoting your post and pointing out every flaw?

I know your feelings maybe hurt or you may feel embarrassed but i definately did not resort to anything that would warrant a ban. I guess your just sensitive.

Bob_at_york
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
LOL ... banned? for what quoting your post and pointing out every flaw?

I know your feelings maybe hurt or you may feel embarrassed but i definately did not resort to anything that would warrant a ban. I guess your just sensitive.

I will say this, the tone of your posts come off as rude. Whether you are going for that or not, that is how they sound and that is why you find yourself getting in arguments like this all the time. Like even the whole "feelings hurt" thing. You don't need to say that kind of thing. You don't need to be disrespectful to respected posters.

Dol-Fan
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I will say this, the tone of your posts come off as rude. Whether you are going for that or not, that is how they sound and that is why you find yourself getting in arguments like this all the time. Like even the whole "feelings hurt" thing. You don't need to say that kind of thing. You don't need to be disrespectful to respected posters.

Thank you. I don't have a problem with disagreement but I have a problem with disrespect. I don't laugh in others' faces and I expect the same treatment.

My basic point is, we can get by with either Parker or Moon/Kapono (we would have to keep both). But we would have to pair either of those with a star wing player. I guess I should have simplified as so in the first place.

The "I guess your just sensitive" part was unnecessary as well. I'm not sensitive I just don't like immature high schoolers laughing in my face.

nstojic
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
hey, how did my portland thread turn into a battleground?

Dol-Fan
09-02-2008, 11:43 PM
hey, how did my portland thread turn into a battleground?

when people started poking fun at opinions ;)

on portland: I don't think they make any moves, and try to gel together and raise the value of their young players even more. Then they will package some guys for a point and be championship contenders.

nstojic
09-03-2008, 01:36 AM
^^ THANK YOU! back to business it is... i agree... this team is starting to remind me of what i thought of the PIT penguins two seasons ago, with all their young talent... i thought it was a matter of time till they became really good and those guys gelled, happened sooner than i thought last season... with POR, they stand to have an awesome 5, down the road to add to a great 2, plus solid guys at the 3 and one very solid guy at the 4... they're just missing that one...

if JO's healthy, we'll be a top 3 team in the east IMO, however, i wonder what BC could've got from POR for TJ... hmmmm....

star
09-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Thank you. I don't have a problem with disagreement but I have a problem with disrespect. I don't laugh in others' faces and I expect the same treatment.

My basic point is, we can get by with either Parker or Moon/Kapono (we would have to keep both). But we would have to pair either of those with a star wing player. I guess I should have simplified as so in the first place.

The "I guess your just sensitive" part was unnecessary as well. I'm not sensitive I just don't like immature high schoolers laughing in my face.

Shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house buddy.
Im not in high school.
If you think the "sensitive" comments are unnecessary then saying "immature high schooler" would make you a hypocrite.

"Keep that attitude up and i will lobby for you to get banned" ;)

Bob_at_york
09-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house buddy.
Im not in high school.
If you think the "sensitive" comments are unnecessary then saying "immature high schooler" would make you a hypocrite.

"Keep that attitude up and i will lobby for you to get banned" ;)

still bringing the attitude. It is disappointing that you can't seem to get along with any one on here. :pity:

To everyone on the raptors board, immature fighting is not acceptable. If you don't like someone, that is what the ignore function is for.

Dol-Fan
09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
^^ THANK YOU! back to business it is... i agree... this team is starting to remind me of what i thought of the PIT penguins two seasons ago, with all their young talent... i thought it was a matter of time till they became really good and those guys gelled, happened sooner than i thought last season... with POR, they stand to have an awesome 5, down the road to add to a great 2, plus solid guys at the 3 and one very solid guy at the 4... they're just missing that one...

if JO's healthy, we'll be a top 3 team in the east IMO, however, i wonder what BC could've got from POR for TJ... hmmmm....

I like the comparison to the Penguins :p and then they went and dealt some of that young talent for Hossa. Too bad he was just a rental and didn't take them all the way, Pritchard isn't dumb enough to throw away his talent like that. He'll wait for something really, really good. For some reason, I could see them landing a Deron Williams if Boozer bolts for the beach.

I don't think he could have gotten much for him, maybe Jack and Outlaw. Although JO is an injury risk, he is the highest impact player that we could have gotten. High risk, very high reward. I agree with you that we could be a 3 seed or better if JO is completely healthy and rejuvenated.

PS done with the immature fighting, thanks for reminding me of the ignore feature Bob. It's just silly when people resort to this over a message board, no need to be disrespectful of an opinion.

Legitimate
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I agree, Stars post in the raptors forum are mostly all negative. He is like Simon Cowel of this forum, he keeps posting in here acting all "anti-raptor". He shows no love for raptors so I don't understand why he keeps posting in this forum. Even if raptors made it to the eastern conference finals , all he would do is criticize them for a successful season. This is going to be raptors best season and he is still going to act as if we are in the wrong direction. Come on Star, please give the raps a chance, show some love for once :).

I think that it would be awesome if we got one of portlands good-young players, but I feel that it would not be possible.