PDA

View Full Version : Should Amare Stoudemire ask for a trade?

ertanozgur
08-31-2008, 07:27 AM
I think Amare should ask for his trade ..Because in phoenix , he stay under the shadow of Steve Nash and "run n gun" offense ...

I think he is such a great player that you can build your team around .. He can make offensive moves , he can shoot , he can block shots , grab rebound ..

What do you guys think ?

Tom81
08-31-2008, 07:32 AM
I think you wrong ,he is phoenix future.
He will be next season MVP candidate.Suns will be he's team.

$ NyC $
08-31-2008, 08:08 AM
yeaa...instead of getting traded and looking 4 somewhere else he should stay in Phoenix he's basically the man there now...Nash is getting old and most of his assists should be going 2 Amare...i think kid got MAJOR game

Knicks845
08-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I don't know about use, but when I think "Pheonix Sun's" I think Amare.

SLY WILLIAMS
08-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Why would a guy that likes to score want to leave one of if not the best most unselfish passers (Nash) in the game?

barreleffact
08-31-2008, 08:50 AM
nash makes amare. y would he want to leave?

ertanozgur
08-31-2008, 08:56 AM
nash makes amare. y would he want to leave?

to be the first player of his franchise

LakerzDQ
08-31-2008, 09:01 AM
to be the first player of his franchise

Amare is now officially the 1st option of phoenix suns. it's not like anyone in the team scores 30 points per game or anything. Nash can have his 15 points, Shaq can have his 15 points, Barbosa can have his 15 points off the bench, Amare will score his 25 points.

barreleffact
08-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Amare is now officially the 1st option of phoenix suns. it's not like anyone in the team scores 30 points per game or anything. Nash can have his 15 points, Shaq can have his 15 points, Barbosa can have his 15 points off the bench, Amare will score his 25 points.

exactly. amare is already their face. the play is always the same....amare pic and roll....or mix it up. pick and pop. thats about it. no matter what the first option is amare

bostncelts34
08-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Isnt his contract up like in 2010? No need for a trade. But once Nash leaves, he should definitly consider leaving PHX, sohe doesnt waste his prime years in a rebuilding tram without Nash, Shaq, Hill. Imagine him signing with cleveland if lebron stays in 2010?

MO
Sczer
lebron
amare
big Z

Lakerfrk
08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Isnt his contract up like in 2010? No need for a trade. But once Nash leaves, he should definitly consider leaving PHX, sohe doesnt waste his prime years in a rebuilding tram without Nash, Shaq, Hill. Imagine him signing with cleveland if lebron stays in 2010?

MO
Sczer
lebron
amare
big Z

OR imagine him going to Jersey with Lebron...

Harris
Carter
LeBron
Amare
Lopez

goku
08-31-2008, 12:07 PM
i could see him with lebron or lebron with D12 in orlando

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Amare is not a #1 guy. In fact, without Nash, he wouldn't even be considered an elite player. Anyone who plays with a giftgiver like Nash should thank them everyday. How many handoff dunks does he get a game??? And his defense it terrible. Sure, he gets some weakside help blocks due to his jumping ability, and the fact that Nash lets everyone go by him, but his straight up, man to man defense it terrible. PF's and C's have monster games against him. Amare will continue to be overrated until he is exposed when Nash leaves or retires.

quhawk11
08-31-2008, 12:38 PM
stoudemire will sign a HUGE extension and stay with the suns and kerr will build around him for the future... they have already started by getting robin lopez who will allow stoudemire to play the 4 spot which he feels more comfortable in and plays better at..... he will stay a sun

gumpspeed
08-31-2008, 12:45 PM
How good is Bynum without Kobe? How good is Chandler without Paul, and Boozer with Deron breaking down defenses??? That's why they call it a team sport. Everyone makes everyone better. You haters of Amare make me laugh. I guess he should just get the ball and go one on one all the time, to show you how good he can be without Steve. Letter to the editor, Amare was rookie of the year with Marbury as the PG. Why would Amare leave PHX to go to nasty ash Clevleand?? Lebron can come to PHX in 2010. It is funny how everyone thinks Amare will uproot to come to their sorry city to play for their sorry team!!! When Nash, Shaq and Bell all leave, someone will be joining Amare, not the other way around!

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 12:45 PM
stoudemire will sign a HUGE extension and stay with the suns and kerr will build around him for the future... they have already started by getting robin lopez who will allow stoudemire to play the 4 spot which he feels more comfortable in and plays better at..... he will stay a sun

If the Suns consider Lopez the answer at center, they are in for some painful years. They also have to start thinking about the point position, because Nash only has a couple years tops

Tom81
08-31-2008, 12:48 PM
If the Suns consider Lopez the answer at center, they are in for some painful years. They also have to start thinking about the point position, because Nash only has a couple years tops

at pg we have Dragic second best PG in last draft my friend.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
How good is Bynum without Kobe? How good is Chandler without Paul, and Boozer with Deron breaking down defenses??? That's why they call it a team sport. Everyone makes everyone better. You haters of Amare make me laugh. I guess he should just get the ball and go one on one all the time, to show you how good he can be without Steve. Letter to the editor, Amare was rookie of the year with Marbury as the PG. Why would Amare leave PHX to go to nasty ash Clevleand?? Lebron can come to PHX in 2010. It is funny how everyone thinks Amare will uproot to come to their sorry city to play for their sorry team!!! When Nash, Shaq and Bell all leave, someone will be joining Amare, not the other way around!

Amare is considered by many to be a top 10 player. He is not. It is that simple. His defense it terrible. I will say this, that injury was actually a blessing in disguise. He had to develop a short jumper and a hook shot, which he didn't have as a rookie, when he won ROY off his unmatched athletic ability.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
at pg we have Dragic second best PG in last draft my friend.

a player who has never played an NBA game isn't something to bet the farm on.

STAT32
08-31-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm expecting Amare to sign about a 5 year $100 million extension.

Tom81
08-31-2008, 01:06 PM
a player who has never played an NBA game isn't something to bet the farm on.
truth

cmellofan15
08-31-2008, 01:20 PM
If they thought of trading him they should have gave him away instead of Marion IMO. That would've gave them time to adjust and maybe Shaq wouldn't be on the team...

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 01:20 PM

That sounds about right. I don't see him leaving Phx. Why would he?

DreamShaker
08-31-2008, 01:24 PM
exactly. amare is already their face. the play is always the same....amare pic and roll....or mix it up. pick and pop. thats about it. no matter what the first option is amare

Pretty much....Amare is one of the best in the NBA at finishing the pick and roll...if he WAS to demand a trade....I think he should beg to go to Utah....so Deron Williams can keep him fed off those P&R's for the rest of his career....

DreamShaker
08-31-2008, 01:26 PM

Really now? No freaking way Amare deserves to be the highest paid player in the NBA....

dre1990
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Amare is not a #1 guy. In fact, without Nash, he wouldn't even be considered an elite player. Anyone who plays with a giftgiver like Nash should thank them everyday. How many handoff dunks does he get a game??? And his defense it terrible. Sure, he gets some weakside help blocks due to his jumping ability, and the fact that Nash lets everyone go by him, but his straight up, man to man defense it terrible. PF's and C's have monster games against him. Amare will continue to be overrated until he is exposed when Nash leaves or retires.

:pity: i hope your kidding

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
:pity: i hope your kidding

no. He is not a player who is capable of carrying a team to the championship. He is not a #1 guy. He is a really good second banana, but if he doesn't have a point like Nash, his stats will decline.

STAT32
08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Why wouldn't Amare warrant a Max contract from his club? Amare wouldn't sign for less than the Max, not to mention he is still on the rise. He hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Joshtd1
08-31-2008, 02:14 PM

Agree 100%

STAT32
08-31-2008, 02:16 PM
^^ Of course you would...

Joshtd1
08-31-2008, 02:20 PM
^^ Of course you would...

:confused:

Seeing as Amare is terrible on defense, and doesnt have any post moves, and has a suspect shot, why wouldnt I?

IMO, take Nash away and Amare's stats would decline big time.

SLY WILLIAMS
08-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Amare is a very good player.

Amare will get paid like the all star he is but Nash also helps his game a lot.

I bet there are a lot of centers that would like to have a pass first PG like Nash setting him up.:)

$ NyC $
08-31-2008, 02:30 PM
...OK

while Nash helps Amare's game ALOT...he is still a All-Star with out him...and i truly believe that...his does have some post-moves and 4 a big man he's really quick...his athleticism is amazing...and he isn't the BEST defender but he rebounds well and is a good blocker...i think he could make it w.o Nash...this isn't K-Mart and Kidd...

DreamShaker
08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Why wouldn't Amare warrant a Max contract from his club? Amare wouldn't sign for less than the Max, not to mention he is still on the rise. He hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Dude NOBODY IN THE NBA makes 25 million a year....nobody....why would they pay Amare any more??? Not saying he's not a guy who deserves a great deal of money....but 25 mill is utterly ridiculous for Amare....Kobe doesn't even make that much....

DreamShaker
08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
...OK

while Nash helps Amare's game ALOT...he is still a All-Star with out him...and i truly believe that...his does have some post-moves and 4 a big man he's really quick...his athleticism is amazing...and he isn't the BEST defender but he rebounds well and is a good blocker...i think he could make it w.o Nash...this isn't K-Mart and Kidd...

More like Kemp and Payton....minus the drugs and horrible weight gain hopefully....Kemp and Amare are alot alike....both freaks athletically who mentally are just not capable of doing it on their own....Amare doesn't make guys around him better....he is not a low post player....he does not pass well....he's not a defensive anchor or even an above average defender....he's not tough....he has no leadership skills.....he needs Nash's titty to suck on for him to be completely effective.....is he an All-Star without Nash?? Yeah....would I want him as the PF on my team? Of course! But would I be confident in contending for a championship with him as my team's best player? Absolutely not.

$ NyC $
08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
haha....yea i guess that also works...both Kemp and Payton were all-stars together and w.o each other

Tom81
08-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Dude NOBODY IN THE NBA makes 25 million a year....nobody....why would they pay Amare any more??? Not saying he's not a guy who deserves a great deal of money....but 25 mill is utterly ridiculous for Amare....Kobe doesn't even make that much....

agreed

BowDown32
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM
OR imagine him going to Jersey with Lebron...

Harris
Carter
LeBron
Amare
Lopez

You are talking into consideration all these guys are still around. In Cleveland Big Z is going to be done and Wally is already done (he is so overated). In Jersey do you have salary to have Amare and LeBron BOTH under max contracts and Vince and Harris with pretty big money? The rest of there team will be scrubs.

I think he stays in Phoenix. His game is suited to there style of play. Nash may lose a step in the next few years but he will still be able to get Amare the ball at will. I'm with those saying Amare will return to his 1st Team All-NBA form this year. With Shaq and Lopez he moves to the 4 and can play a bit more comfortably and not worry so much about foul trouble.

dannyking18
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
instead out trading Amare Stad,they should trade grant hill and boris diaw and some future picks for a liggette SF who can shoot and can handle the ball...jamal crawford,andres nocioni or someone like mike miller would be a nice add to the suns along with nash,bell amare and barbosa...shaq is too old to play long minutes lol

$ NyC $
08-31-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm actually a big Boris Diaw fan...i think he got alotta talent...he literally does it all...Amare/Diaw/Barbosa isn't that bad a trio but it won't get them any where...they need a legitimate perimeter player...a Kevin Martin type

97'bulls
08-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Only if he has some strange desire to stop making all star teams, without Nash, Amare wouldn't be nearly as good as he is.

KG#1
08-31-2008, 03:18 PM
nash improves amare no doubt....he would make anyone better... amare is a top 10 player in the league with or without him as long as there is so decent tallent around him... u guys are assuming they are gonna have a terrible pg once nash retires, but babosa and diaw are good and whoever they add in the future... amare is staying in phoenix

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 03:30 PM
More like Kemp and Payton....minus the drugs and horrible weight gain hopefully....Kemp and Amare are alot alike....both freaks athletically who mentally are just not capable of doing it on their own....Amare doesn't make guys around him better....he is not a low post player....he does not pass well....he's not a defensive anchor or even an above average defender....he's not tough....he has no leadership skills.....he needs Nash's titty to suck on for him to be completely effective.....is he an All-Star without Nash?? Yeah....would I want him as the PF on my team? Of course! But would I be confident in contending for a championship with him as my team's best player? Absolutely not.

explained perfectly. Kemp is an awesome comparison

#1Mavericksfan
08-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Amare is the future...there's no way the Suns are gonna trade him or just let him walk and get nothing for him, Amare's only 25 you can still build around him.

SLY WILLIAMS
08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Take a look at Amare's FG% with Nash and before Nash. I bet you will see a huge difference.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-31-2008, 03:51 PM

If you divide 100/5, it is 20 million and not 25 million. And there is like 5 people in the NBA who make above 20 million.

BRADfromOZ
08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Amare is the future in Phoenix. Nash is aging and can't have too many more seasons of excellent basketball in him. Phoenix need to change ther emphasis from Nash to Amare and start tooking at what needs to be done to keep them strong in the future.

Playoff Magic
08-31-2008, 04:40 PM
I want to see Amare with Oden and Roy in Portland!!!

WOW!

STAT32
08-31-2008, 05:07 PM
I believe I said a 5 year 100 million dollar extension. Not a 5 year 125 million dollar deal. Please guys, get some basic math down before you go attacking me about how Amare can't make 25 million a year because not even Kobe makes that.

kntresistheheat
08-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I think jordan made 30mil for one year and shaq played for 25mil for one season 2??? But anyways I think amare would a contract for about 17mil a year or a 7yr 100mil if not for sure a 6yr 90mil? Where ever he is at he would be a beast, I wish Miami can get him thats for sure!

I believe I said a 5 year 100 million dollar extension. Not a 5 year 125 million dollar deal. Please guys, get some basic math down before you go attacking me about how Amare can't make 25 million a year because not even Kobe makes that.

STAT32
08-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Yea but the problem is we have to lock him up now otherwise some team like New York or NJ could offer him a huge deal in 2010. He'll get a max contract, book it.

Lone Maverick
08-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Amare is Phoenix's future plain and simple. He could be the face of a their franchise for the rest of his career. They'll give him a max contract and build around him.

With all that being said he IS to some degree be it big or small a product of Nash, but name a player that wouldn't benefit from the D'antoni system he had or a PG like Nash.

The only way I think he should ask for a trade is if they start rebuilding. No sense in wasting his best years on a team that has no shot.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Yea but the problem is we have to lock him up now otherwise some team like New York or NJ could offer him a huge deal in 2010. He'll get a max contract, book it.

Would you give him a 5 year, $100 million deal? If someone else offers that, let him walk. Phx is an attractive place for free agents due to the great weather, and nightlife. It's not like if Milwaukee or Minnesota had this dilema. Only the top 5 players or so deserve upwards of $20 million a year.

STAT32
08-31-2008, 07:02 PM
That's the great thing about Shaq's contract, we have massive amounts of money to build a team with in one summer.

STAT32
08-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Would you give him a 5 year, $100 million deal? If someone else offers that, let him walk. Phx is an attractive place for free agents due to the great weather, and nightlife. It's not like if Milwaukee or Minnesota had this dilema. Only the top 5 players or so deserve upwards of $20 million a year.

Yes I would, Amare is only getting better. He's not in his prime yet and may become one of the most prolific scorers of all time. I consider Amare a top 10 talent at this point and give a couple of years he will probably be top 5 if not 3

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes I would, Amare is only getting better. He's not in his prime yet and may become one of the most prolific scorers of all time. I consider Amare a top 10 talent at this point and give a couple of years he will probably be top 5 if not 3

well, judging by your name, and picture, you are a huge Amare fan, so you are biased. But whatevs, good luck. I will tell you this though, I am a Wolves fan, and I would take Al Jefferson for the 5 years, $60 million they paid him over $20 million a year for Amare. That $8 million a year difference gets you a really good player, and Jefferson gives you similar stats.

BRADfromOZ
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
That's the great thing about Shaq's contract, we have massive amounts of money to build a team with in one summer.
yeah you do.

barreleffact
08-31-2008, 11:35 PM
just thinking...maybe kerr is a genius. doesnt shaq's contract expire for the 2010 free agency? why wouldnt they be able to sign amare to more money and pull another elite player?

DreamShaker
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
If you divide 100/5, it is 20 million and not 25 million. And there is like 5 people in the NBA who make above 20 million.

Ohhh ok for some reason I thought it was 4 years or at least divided it that way....I still don't see Amare as a 20 mill guy though....

LA_Raiders
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I think Amare should ask for his trade ..Because in phoenix , he stay under the shadow of Steve Nash and "run n gun" offense ...

I think he is such a great player that you can build your team around .. He can make offensive moves , he can shoot , he can block shots , grab rebound ..

What do you guys think ?

Not any more...They will play the Slow Mo with Ol'Shaq now...

blazers=future
09-01-2008, 03:35 AM
I want to see Amare with Oden and Roy in Portland!!!

WOW!

Too true!
Ask for a trade to Portland, Amare and jump on board the bandwagon!

quhawk11
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM

Lopez is considered at least a decent purposal at center.... why wouldnt he be? he is the perfect complement to STAT, he is aggressive, hits the boards, and is defensive minded. With the intensity that lopez brings on the defensive side along with what stoudemire brings on the offensive side would be a tough match up for anyone. Lopez doesnt have to be a star... he needs to be the complement to stoudemire.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Lopez is considered at least a decent purposal at center.... why wouldnt he be? he is the perfect complement to STAT, he is aggressive, hits the boards, and is defensive minded. With the intensity that lopez brings on the defensive side along with what stoudemire brings on the offensive side would be a tough match up for anyone. Lopez doesnt have to be a star... he needs to be the complement to stoudemire.

the dude hasn't even played a game yet, so a comprehensive scouting report is kind of useless. He will be an energy guy, who will foul out in 14 minutes his first year. So no, he isn't the answer anytime soon. Or ever in my opinion. Best case is Varejo

J-Relo
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
the dude hasn't even played a game yet, so a comprehensive scouting report is kind of useless. He will be an energy guy, who will foul out in 14 minutes his first year. So no, he isn't the answer anytime soon. Or ever in my opinion. Best case is Varejo

do i have to repeat what you just said....

JMG15
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Pretty much....Amare is one of the best in the NBA at finishing the pick and roll...if he WAS to demand a trade....I think he should beg to go to Utah....so Deron Williams can keep him fed off those P&R's for the rest of his career....

The only way Amare leaves if he goes to a team with a great pg, but if he went to Utah Boozer is gonna be going the other way with others. Amare is a GREAT player. And his injury was a blessing since it gave him a chance to develop the jump shot he never had before.

JMG15
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Too true!
Ask for a trade to Portland, Amare and jump on board the bandwagon!

Wouldnt even be fair.....if he got traded to Portland it would be for Aldridge and a filler or 2.

STAT32
09-01-2008, 01:46 PM
If we trade Amare it's either going to be for another superstar or two stars. There's just no way we could trade him and make up for what we just lost...

JMan17
09-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Amare is gonna stay unless he demands a trade, otherwise he's staying, he's the heart of the Suns now and trading him will only make the trade worse unless they get AI and Melo or Howard or something like that, but otherwise, he's staying for good until maybe his contract expires

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
No he shouldn't ask for one

J-Relo
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Should Amare Stoudemire ask for a trade?

No, he is in great team with great team-mates, he really likes Phoenix, so he is in great conditions and there are no reasons to ask for that.

CowboysKB24
09-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Amare should get traded. He could do much better on a different team. Phoenix isn't going anywhere at least until Nash gets out. He's done.

$ NyC $
09-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Amare is basically their corner-stone...they wouldn't trade him...

dodie53
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Amare is THE Suns right now

dodie53
09-01-2008, 06:13 PM
suns should sign Wade when his contract runs out,
imagine a Wade and Amare combo.
nice.

Rome
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Lol too funny. Amare being traded.

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
suns should sign Wade when his contract runs out,
imagine a Wade and Amare combo.
nice.

haha in your dreams biitch!:rolleyes:

theimortalone
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM

I agree D-Wade is either staying in Miami or he is going to Chicago.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM

If the Heat, by some chance, are not a playoff team by 2010, he may very well leave. He doesn't like losing. Marion will be on the major decline then, and Beasley, who knows? Sky is the limit for him, but he could be the next Derrick Coleman as well

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
If the Heat, by some chance, are not a playoff team by 2010, he may very well leave. He doesn't like losing. Marion will be on the major decline then, and Beasley, who knows? Sky is the limit for him, but he could be the next Derrick Coleman as well

They will be this year

IndyRealist
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Very few players actually make their teammates better, that's what separates the Hall-of-Famers from the rest of the All-Stars. Kobe, Nash, Paul, Kidd, Garnett, there are maybe a handful more in a 400+ person league.

Phoenix needs to get rid of Boris Diaw's contract if they want any hope of making a run at Lebron. While they will be able to offer a max contract to any player in 2010, they're not going to attact a max contract player with a roster of Diaw, Barbosa, Stoudamire, and a bunch of minimum wage scrubs. Diaw's $9M needs to be traded for two or three quality role players if they are going to make a run without completely rebuilding. The numbers just don't support acquiring Lebron in '10. Rather, I see Stoudamire signing a long term contract with Phoenix and rebuilding around him, developing their draft picks, and looking to trade for a big-name talent in '11 or '12.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
They will be this year

I don't see it. Wade is awesome, fo sure. Marion is okay, Beasley will be pretty good right away, but they have no center, no point guard, and no depth. Not a great equation.

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't see it. Wade is awesome, fo sure. Marion is okay, Beasley will be pretty good right away, but they have no center, no point guard, and no depth. Not a great equation.
PG - MARIO/BANKS
DEPTH - HASLEM,WRIGHT,COOK,JONES
C- is still a problem Magloire is good enough for now

:bla:
I don't wanna hear it no more
We will prove you and many wrong when we make the playoffs
I'm Out PEACE

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
PG - MARIO/BANKS

I'm Out PEACE

all that is really bad. Banks is terrible. Chalmers, I think will be a pretty good point eventually, but not soon. Haslem I like, but your other 3, not so much. Magloire is terrible. If he were any good, he would have been employed before 3 days ago.

RoyalG333
09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Amare goes to any east coast team, and he will have a tremendous impact. The best fit for him in my opinion is Cleveland. Teamed up with Lebron, the Cavs would be pretty hard to stop. He can also match up against Garnett.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Amare goes to any east coast team, and he will have a tremendous impact. The best fit for him in my opinion is Cleveland. Teamed up with Lebron, the Cavs would be pretty hard to stop. He can also match up against Garnett.

Garnett is aging, but KG kicks his butt. Amare doesn't guard anyone. In fact, both KG's career high scoring games, are against him. But yeah, Amare and LeBron would be scary. Amare is not a #1 guy in my opinion, but he is a hell of a second banana

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 08:30 PM
all that is really bad. Banks is terrible. Chalmers, I think will be a pretty good point eventually, but not soon. Haslem I like, but your other 3, not so much. Magloire is terrible. If he were any good, he would have been employed before 3 days ago.

I'm not saying that's a contender team
But that is a playoff team

Chalmers/Banks
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire/Blount

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not saying that's a contender team
But that is a playoff team

Chalmers/Banks
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire/Blount

I disagree. Look, you Heat fans should be excited after what you went thru last year, but don't go overboard. Yes, Wade is back, he is a top 5 player. Yes, you got a great pick, possible ROY, but you have so many holes, you can't possibly predict playoffs. That being said, the east is SO bad after that top 4 team mark, you never know. Trust me, when Blount is your backup center, and Banks is your backup point guard, you have problems.

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I disagree. Look, you Heat fans should be excited after what you went thru last year, but don't go overboard. Yes, Wade is back, he is a top 5 player. Yes, you got a great pick, possible ROY, but you have so many holes, you can't possibly predict playoffs. That being said, the east is SO bad after that top 4 team mark, you never know. Trust me, when Blount is your backup center, and Banks is your backup point guard, you have problems.

okay seriously i don't feel like arguing about this over and over again
because is the same ****
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266407
go there and argue, we heat fans made some points
and We will see let's wait until the season starts

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:41 PM
okay seriously i don't feel like arguing about this over and over again
because is the same ****
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266407
go there and argue, we heat fans made some points
and We will see let's wait until the season starts

cool. And like I said, Heat fans have a reason to be excited, I am sure last season was the most disappointing one you have ever had. And the offseason is where all fans live in a world of best case scenarios. So good luck to your team.

ewing
09-02-2008, 08:47 AM

What do you guys think ?

I think he should want to play with a terrible pointguard on a team with terrible offensive system that way he can take full credit for every hoop he gets:bang: :mad::bang::no::pray:

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 02:01 PM

What do you guys think ?

Not until Nash and Shaq leaves. They are still a decent team and can win it all if they play defense this year.

MassoDio
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Amare would be an idiot to ask for a trade for multiple reasons.

1. The free agent year of 2010, the Suns have 38.3 mil coming off the books. That does not include Amare's player option of 17 mil for that year.
2. The Suns can offer him more in that year than any other team, and will give him a max contract. That's not even debatable.
3. Once Shaq's and Nash's contracts expire, the Suns will have the funds, and Amare to lure a top free agent, plus another second level free agent, and still have money left over to put role players around them.
4. The Suns are already Amare's team. Nash is just the MC right now. Amare is the guest of honor.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Amare would be an idiot to ask for a trade for multiple reasons.

1. The free agent year of 2010, the Suns have 38.3 mil coming off the books. That does not include Amare's player option of 17 mil for that year.
2. The Suns can offer him more in that year than any other team, and will give him a max contract. That's not even debatable.
3. Once Shaq's and Nash's contracts expire, the Suns will have the funds, and Amare to lure a top free agent, plus another second level free agent, and still have money left over to put role players around them.
4. The Suns are already Amare's team. Nash is just the MC right now. Amare is the guest of honor.

x2 I dont see why he would want to leave. The Suns are going to be contending the next two years. Then he will be the man along with another superstar in 2010. He will be in his prime in 2010.

king4day
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
:confused:

Seeing as Amare is terrible on defense, and doesnt have any post moves, and has a suspect shot, why wouldnt I?

IMO, take Nash away and Amare's stats would decline big time.

Not gonna argue the defense, but he is one of the best shooting big men in the league. Certainly not suspect there.

king4day
09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
the dude hasn't even played a game yet, so a comprehensive scouting report is kind of useless.

Then u can make the same case for Rose and Beasly. While I'm not comparing the three, none have played an NBA game yet.

He will be an energy guy, who will foul out in 14 minutes his first year. So no, he isn't the answer anytime soon. Or ever in my opinion. Best case is Varejo

Isn't that a comprehensive scouting report too?

king4day
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Very few players actually make their teammates better, that's what separates the Hall-of-Famers from the rest of the All-Stars. Kobe, Nash, Paul, Kidd, Garnett, there are maybe a handful more in a 400+ person league.

Phoenix needs to get rid of Boris Diaw's contract if they want any hope of making a run at Lebron. While they will be able to offer a max contract to any player in 2010, they're not going to attact a max contract player with a roster of Diaw, Barbosa, Stoudamire, and a bunch of minimum wage scrubs. Diaw's $9M needs to be traded for two or three quality role players if they are going to make a run without completely rebuilding. The numbers just don't support acquiring Lebron in '10. Rather, I see Stoudamire signing a long term contract with Phoenix and rebuilding around him, developing their draft picks, and looking to trade for a big-name talent in '11 or '12.

It's possible. KG went to Boston. Turned out pretty well for them.

king4day
09-02-2008, 03:11 PM
PG - MARIO/BANKS

I'm Out PEACE

Even ESPN has the Heat around the 8 seed.
I think it'll depend on how Beasley progresses.
The team isn't drastically different than last, but with a healthy Wade and effective Beasley, it's def possible.

Nets fan 93
09-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Lopez, Sean Williams, Anderson, CDR 2009 1st for Amare

theimortalone
09-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Lopez, Sean Williams, Anderson, CDR 2009 1st for Amare

No thank you!