PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on nathan jawai

G Stars
08-31-2008, 03:36 AM
Is Nathan Jawai good enough to backup bosh or o'neal if one goes down (injury)? .....Hopefully no one does

Check this video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nKLCJRgvc

lukeem21
08-31-2008, 06:49 AM
C- Jermaine Oneal.... Andreas Bargnani.......... Nathan
PF- CHris Bosh.......... Kris Humphries............... Jawai
SF- Jamario Moon................. Jason Kapono..... Joey Graham
SG- Anthony PArker.............. Jason Kapono..... Hassan Adams
PG- Jose Calderon................ Roko Ukic/ Will Solomon

I dont think anyone is counting on anything too serious from Jawai this year, even if JO or Bosh go down it will mainly be a three man post rotation

torontosports10
08-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Hes a big lad and not afraid of going to the hole which is what we want. I can see him earning some playing time.

ramz.n
08-31-2008, 09:25 AM
when you put together a video you put highlights of the players to make them look good, i personally think Jawai is behind Bargnani and Humphries but i can see hump getting moved back a spot or 2

star
08-31-2008, 10:24 AM
when you put together a video you put highlights of the players to make them look good, i personally think Jawai is behind Bargnani and Humphries but i can see hump getting moved back a spot or 2

RIGHT ON!

You tube highlights can make Yogi Stewart look like a phenom

Beach Rock
08-31-2008, 12:06 PM
For me its too early to tell. I've seen him play very little but like his play. I love a big banging centre especially with how soft we've been for the last few years. There's a need for what he brings with us, so hopefully he's a good student because his ability brings alot of upside. He's an athlete.

nstojic
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
i like the highlight but when i watch JoeyG tear up summer league, it loses a bit of it's luster... we all know jawai's only played a few years of organized ball and not much will be expected from him this upcoming season, BC and sam have both said as much... his value will be in practice, his youth and hunger will keep practices competitive and uptempo and it's there that he'll learn the most this season

_Sn1P3r_
08-31-2008, 01:12 PM
He's a big body that's for sure. I think in a year or two, he could be our back up C because he's agressive and not afraid to sacrifice his body for that one rebound.

blujaysrock
08-31-2008, 01:44 PM
C- Jermaine Oneal.... Andreas Bargnani.......... Nathan
PF- CHris Bosh.......... Kris Humphries............... Jawai
SF- Jamario Moon................. Jason Kapono..... Joey Graham
SG- Anthony PArker.............. Jason Kapono..... Hassan Adams
PG- Jose Calderon................ Roko Ukic/ Will Solomon

I dont think anyone is counting on anything too serious from Jawai this year, even if JO or Bosh go down it will mainly be a three man post rotation

ya jawai is 3rd on the dept chart. so no worries about him

Halladay
08-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Is Nathan Jawai good enough to backup bosh or o'neal if one goes down (injury)? .....Hopefully no one does

Check this video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nKLCJRgvc

That's not really a thought.;)

blazers=future
09-01-2008, 08:04 AM
give Jawai time and i think ull be pleasently surpised
he's a very good athlete with a reasonable mid range game from what i saw in the aussie league this year...

stillio
09-02-2008, 07:54 PM
The video shows how soft he plays when on offence and someone is defending him. Not very impressed with supposive strong big men playing soft. I envisioned him as a banger.

argo
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
he's hungry.. he's got some ball smarts, good passer, sets nice screens.. he should fill in nicely as a big body, rebounding, energy guy off the bench.
give him a couple years before he sees quality minutes, but he should learn a lot playing alongside CB4 and JO. It's nice to have a big guy with a good attitude and potential developing in the system.

i do like our front court with JO, Bosh, Bargs, Hump, and Jawai. it looks like a nice defense/ toughness/ rebounding upgrade from Rasho, Bosh, Bargs, Hump, and Baston.

daboy44
09-03-2008, 02:12 AM
first off to those people who think jamario is going to start think please....when you got to post players like JO and CB4 if teams double up inside and they have to kick it out do u want Jamario taking the three you props to the dude but really the raps can afford to give up something on the outside like defence in the starting line up cause they two big man who are able to step out and challange shots......Jawaii cant argue with a dud who is 6'9--6'10 280 who loves to bang out the boards and has a soft touch round the basket id say he might get some time in the L.....