PDA

View Full Version : September call ups..

sleewizard
08-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Give me your list of names as to who will be joining the Orioles september first..

Mine is:
Radhames Liz
Bob McRory
Haydenn Penn
Kameron Mickolio
Garrett Olsen
Chris Roberson
Elder Torres
Nolan Reimold
Bradley Bergeson
David Hernandez

( Adam Jones is coming off the DL so hell also count on the active roster )

orioole26
08-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Give me your list of names as to who will be joining the Orioles september first..

Mine is:
Radhames Liz
Bob McRory
Haydenn Penn
Kameron Mickolio
Garrett Olsen
Chris Roberson
Elder Torres
Nolan Reimold
Bradley Bergeson
David Hernandez

( Adam Jones is coming off the DL so hell also count on the active roster )

You won't see those 3 until after the playoffs, if that. Reimold probably for sure and really don't think Bergesen or Hernandez will get the call due to too many innings, IMO.

sleewizard
08-31-2008, 12:32 PM
True, they both have pitched a lot of innings, but i do think Reimold will get the call after Bowie either wins or is eliminated. Hes 24 and certainly ready for atleast a taste of the bigs.

Eicholtz
09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
None of the Bowie arms need to be up this year. There is no point in bringing them up. Reimold so be it but only after the playoffs. I don't want any of the Bowie guys rushed. They need to do their thing in the minors then come up. There is no point in moving any of them up unless something crazy happens. There is something special with that rotation so those guys need to stay and grow together. They need as much seasoning as possible. It's cool in Bowie that these pitchers are working with the same catcher that they will have once they do make it with Wieters. Maybe next year if they do really well in AA and then AAA but maybe 2010 for most of them. There is no need for another Olsen and Liz situation and looking at their numbers over the years they never pitched as good as these guys in Bowie are doing ever. So this needs to be done right with patience. But Reimold I would like to see him and Montanez in the bigs next year.

Brendan
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I may not be a true fan for saying this but after August, i just stop watchin the O's. It gets boring for me cuz they call all they young guys up and REALLY suck it up. Keep me updated on who is playing well and who isnt tho

bshone
09-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I cancelled my mlb.tv package because they are out of the race, but if I still lived in or around Maryland I'd certainly watch/listen to them when I could.

I understand that they need to bring up some young guys, but we're 1-11 in our last 12 games (if you don't include the makeup game against the CWS). This is partly why our record at the end of the year isn't within 10 games of .500 ball.

I wish they'd finish the season on a strong note for once. It seems as though every year the manager doesn't care anymore once the race for the playoffs ends.

BleedGreen819
09-04-2008, 11:45 PM
when will we get the star we need! damn yankees take all of them