PDA

View Full Version : Toronto WNBA Team

raptorman12
08-30-2008, 05:20 PM
I was just wondering if any of you Raptors fans would go out and watch and support the WNBA if there was a team in Toronto. Your thoughts?

JermanJaysFan
08-30-2008, 05:32 PM
I would maintain very mild interest. And I mean mild like "Oh, they've won 12 in a row? Cool."

_Sn1P3r_
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I'd keep up to date with it but I won't be a big fan.

brebre82
08-30-2008, 07:32 PM
whats a wnba?

:p

nstojic
08-30-2008, 08:34 PM
:rimshot:
TS is a funny guy

Dragan
08-31-2008, 03:06 AM
i would keep intrest with the team standings but probably wont invest as much time as i do in to the raptors. im shure that they would fill out haft the acc per game

torontosports10
08-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Only if Anthoney Parker err i mean his sister came to play here

Bob_at_york
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I could be interested, it would depend on cost and if there were any hotties on the team.

bidi_nash
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
^^ Ha ha true and ya it would be a very mild interest at best

boms-4
09-01-2008, 11:32 PM
only with there was some good lookin girls on the team:D

marvILLous
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
sure why not. its on during the summer anyway. something to make the nba offseason go by quicker.

PostYourEyes
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
having a wnba team would make toronto's rep even higher :D IMO

_Sn1P3r_
09-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree. ^ That's if two things happen:

1. The team does really good.
2. We have a hot player on our team.

Euro_Fan
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM
the answers to this thread makes me wonder the average age of the posters or the raps forum... tsk tsk

i think a WNBA team would only benefit Toronto, and attendance would prolly be good since this is a big city that has crap teams in almost every sport. Toronto FC has had success.

At the end of the day i think more people would watch a WNBA game then the jays but i guess thats just my opinion.

The Wise 1
09-07-2008, 06:50 PM
At the end of the day i think more people would watch a WNBA game then the jays but i guess thats just my opinion.

I dont think anyone will share your opinion. And to answer the question, no I would not support the WNBA if we got a team. I would rather spend my money to see a high school game or a University game.

_Sn1P3r_
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
the answers to this thread makes me wonder the average age of the posters or the raps forum... tsk tsk

i think a WNBA team would only benefit Toronto, and attendance would prolly be good since this is a big city that has crap teams in almost every sport. Toronto FC has had success.

I respect your opinion but I don't think that is true. There are a lot of baseball fans. More than basketball probably. Last year, the Jays averaged 29,143 people per game. The ACC can only hold 19 800 for basketball I believe. The Raptors usually get 19 000 plus and I don't see the WNBA team beating the Raptors' attendance. Oh and since 2002, the attendance average for the Jays has been increasing every season. Not to mention, Jays have been really good in the last few games which should add more attendance.

Bob_at_york
09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I respect your opinion but I don't think that is true. There are a lot of baseball fans. More than basketball probably. Last year, the Jays averaged 29,143 people per game. The ACC can only hold 19 800 for basketball I believe. The Raptors usually get 19 000 plus and I don't see the WNBA team beating the Raptors' attendance. Oh and since 2002, the attendance average for the Jays has been increasing every season. Not to mention, Jays have been really good in the last few games which should add more attendance.

You didn't even compare the ratings for Jays games compared to Raptors games.

nstojic
09-08-2008, 01:55 AM

must get pretty lonely, eh?.. up there on your pedestal....

Euro_Fan
09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
must get pretty lonely, eh?.. up there on your pedestal....

Thank you kind sir :)

But seriously what do you expect after all the replies "ill only watch if there is a hot player"

I think WNBA team at least will have raps TV run some games other then reruns all day and actually make me tune into it.

da1nonly
09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Thank you kind sir :)

But seriously what do you expect after all the replies "ill only watch if there is a hot player"

well the truth in sports is that sex appeal does help sell...
i'm a casual tennis fan... i don't look for tennis but if i happen to scan thru the channels and see sharapova or ivanovic... i'll definitely stop at the channel to watch some of the game...

if the players on the wnba team are hot... it only helps in getting the casual fan to stop at the channel for a few minutes... I bet if you dresssed the basketball players in tennis outfits... you'd even have more people checking it out... the odd eyecandy makes most guys stop and look...

and to answer the question... I'd have no interest in the WNBA in toronto whatsoever...

well only if the players were hot... hehe

Mile High Champ
09-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I could be interested, it would depend on cost and if there were any hotties on the team.

haha agreed but female basketball players for the most part are not attractive. Especially at the WNBA level. I would not pay any interest myself.