PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009... Realistically

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I know were all Nuggets fans here but, do you guys really think we're gonna make tha post season next season?

The 3 teams that are supposed to pass us are

Golden State
LA Clippers
Blazers

Neither of these teams scare me. So I think we still are going to make tha post season. Will we win a championship?......Problley not. :cry:

Golden State just lost monta Ellis, but even with him I still see them declining from last season.

Clippers, Camby at tha 4? Plz... I cant wait when he has to face other power forwards like, Dirk, Amare, KG, Atawn Jamison etc. I guarntee they all go for like 50 (Camby isnt good man to man defensivly)

Blazers... I'm pretty sick of hearing about these guys :puke: They do have talent on there team, but lets all admit, they were a team that over-acheived last year. Now they have Oden, you really think a rookie Center (problley the tuffest position to come in and play as a rookie) can lead these guys to 10 more wins? These guys are un proven yet.

Unless one of our core guys gets injured wich I pray to tha good lord to prevent :pray: We will be in the post season.

Let me know what you guys think.... Please don't give me a homer answer. Keep it realistic.

(i posted this cuz no one else wants to post anything)

F15Eagle
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I know were all Nuggets fans here but, do you guys really think we're gonna make tha post season next season?

Golden State
LA Clippers
Blazers

Neither of these teams scare me. So I think we still are going to make tha post season. Will we win a championship?......Problley not. :cry:

Golden State just lost monta Ellis, but even with him I still see them declining from last season.

Clippers, Camby at tha 4? Plz... I cant wait when he has to face other power forwards like, Dirk, Amare, KG, Atawn Jamison etc. I guarntee they all go for like 50 (Camby isnt good man to man defensivly)

Blazers... I'm pretty sick of hearing about these guys :puke: They do have talent on there team, but lets all admit, they were a team that over-acheived last year. Now they have Oden, you really think a rookie Center (problley the tuffest position to come in and play as a rookie) can lead these guys to 10 more wins? These guys are un proven yet.

Unless one of our core guys gets injured wich I pray to tha good lord to prevent :pray: We will be in the post season.

Let me know what you guys think.... Please don't give me a homer answer. Keep it realistic.

Did you think that Hornets would make the playoffs last season ?

DJiC
08-30-2008, 04:44 PM
dirk is soft, and since guys like garnett/amare bang down low they have kamen...gs is like us all offense no defense but then again they have biedrins who can put up a double double..if we do make it to the post season again it will be around 6-8 and most likely again we will lose in the 1st rd

MILESC04
08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
well with the team we have im not too disappointed i mean we do need to pick up a back up point gaurd but as of now it looks like our starting line up will be iverson,smith,melo,kmart,and nene...not too bad and off the bench we'll have hunter,balkman,birdman,dahntay jones,kleiza,and as of now our tentative backup point gaurd..atkins and anthony carter...i like dahntay jones athletiscism to guard the 2,3,4 and i like balkman and birdmans hustle and defense in the paint off the bench and i like hunters height and potential shot blocking ability and kleiza is a scrapper that can launch from behind the arch...jus no back up point gaurd. i think we are one or two more guys away..maybe a health livingston

DJiC
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
you mean we'll have kleiza/birdman/balkman off the bench hunter jones i highly doubt will get time same with atkins

08-30-2008, 06:32 PM
i can't give you a realistic opinion, becuase my opinion would be too biased towards the nuggets. I'm actually pretty ennoyed with the espn prediction, nuggets getting 33 wins... camby din't get us 17 wins...... no way..
I don't see how goldenstate will be better than the nuggets next year.. They don't have baron, and o monta ellis, their only scary players.. And even when monta comes back,.... they don't have baron..
I guessn we did lose camby, but we do have a (hopefully) healthy nene, and if he was healthy last year, we could have had atleast 3-7 more wins. We also have a stronger defensive bench aswell.. so who knows what happens next year. Definately no 45< wins, no way...
But i don't know about portland.. honeslty i believe they have a lot of potential to become playoff contenders... let's face it they have alot of good young players,, who are good. and if they got 41 wins last year, and just added (PROBABLE) future ROY greg oden and MVP of the summer league.. things will only get better..
My predictions wil be it will be a fight between nuggets and portland for 8th spot, or suns or mavs go on the decline.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Did you think that Hornets would make the playoffs last season ?

Are you saying theres gonna be another surprise team out of the West?

chaugh970
08-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes i thought the the hornets were gonna make the playoffs, as did everyone else who watched the nba. They almost made it the season before without Peja, Tyson, and david west for extended periods of times.

As for our starting line up, hate to say it but AI isnt going to start at point, Chucky atkins is.
Chucky
AI
Melo
Kmart
Nene

JR, Kleiza, Balkman, Carter, anderson will be the energy off the bench.

IF I had it my way the starting line up would be :
Atkins
AI
Kleiza
Melo
Nene
I think melo is better off muscling it out with power forwards and they are slower/ easier for him to guard. It also forces his game to work more on offensive rebounding, post moves and getting open for easy tres. Kleiza and chucky spread the floor to keep defenses honest.

C-Dub
08-30-2008, 09:19 PM
um, i think the blazers will not pass us up, but they will pass the mavericks and take 8th spot, lol. we have 6th after phoenix falls cuz shaq is too old.
But seriously, camby is more of a PF, he is isnt huge (except tall) like other Cs and he has nothing to scare other Cs with. He will probably play better at PF imo.

DenButsu
08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I really do believe that if

a) we somehow manage to stay healthy all season, and

b) Karl actually follows through on his promise to, you know, actually coach the team this team, then...

We can finish in the 6th seed.

Look at it this way:

If AI plays his usual 42, JR gets 28, Melo gets 37, and K and Nene each get 30 minutes, then we have some serious high level NBA talent playing for 167 of our 240 minutes, leaving just 73 remaining.

And a third of that remaining 73 goes straight to LK, probably (24).

Of the remaining 49 minutes, about 30 are guard minutes and about 19 or 3,4,5 minutes. So we're looking at 20 minutes of Chucky, 10 of AC, and probably about 10 each to Balkman and the Birdman. (I'm just assuming here that Karl keeps not playing Hunter).

The key to all of this is simple: Nene

In terms of both offense and *real* defense, he's an upgrade over Camby - we're a better team. And I think 20 minutes of Balkman and Anderson should pretty effectively patch what we lost from Najera.

Chucky will be back so we'll have a much better shooter/distributor at the point than AC when he's in the game (albeit a lesser defender).

Okay, so we lost Camby and Najera.

But we got Nene.
We got Atkins.
We got Balkman and Andersen.
We'll have an improved Kleiza, and improved and fully re-habbed K-Mart, and a very improved JR for the entire season.

I think we're a better team right now than we were when we got swept by the Lakers. Or, at least, we should be a better team. The chemistry should be better without Camby just wandering all around. The offense should be better with a true post player and K-Mart's effectiveness increased in a better-spaced floor created by JR and Atkins. More JR = less midgets = true on-ball post defender = better defense.

I'm bored as hell with it right now, but I'm really hardly discouraged by this offseason at all.

C-Dub
08-30-2008, 09:44 PM
i guess ill be the second to say that im really happy with the offseason, the PG situation isnt going to be that bad now, and chucky will be healthy so, idk, im just not that worried about it....looks like we agree with 6th seed, im going to go further and say that if we have over 55 or more wins, we make it to the second round in 5 games

F15Eagle
08-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Are you saying theres gonna be another surprise team out of the West?

Nuggets can be a surprise team by winning the conference. This prediction may sound too far fetched to some people, but, it is possible because Denver has the best team on paper in the western conference. The major problem is the number of turnovers, especially between Iverson and Melo. Melo leads the team in the # of turnovers followed closely by AI for a total of about 500 between them. The two of them have the highest turnovers between any two best players in any team in their conference last season, followed closely by Deron Williams and Boozer. Nash leads the conference in turnovers followed by Deron Williams. Hornets combo of CP3 and West were no match to AI and Melo combo in terms of performance (although CP3 was outstanding in # of steals and assists) but, their number of turnovers was much lower than that of AI and Melo, a factor that helped them win more games than the Nuggets.
Thus, if the Nuggets control their turnovers they will be on top of the conference.

IndyFan
08-31-2008, 08:26 AM

Golden State
LA Clippers
Blazers

not a nuggets guy, but i see GSW and LAC falling out of things quickly. just not enough fire power. portland will be a good team. home court for the first round. their youth will work against them. nuggets will go as far as kmart and nene take them. imo, that is a slim reed to depend on. don't see this version of the nuggets going very far. but hopefully for you, i am suprised.

:)