PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi's Alternative Energy Plan "Brain Fuel"

IS27NY
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YgRG872b1o

Shes so stupid to say that....somebody should legitamitely offer their brain to her and see what she says then

Randy West
08-29-2008, 07:51 PM
You were not really expecting something intelligent from Nancy were you??

IS27NY
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
No way this is just really ********

Bosox Believer
08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
You understand that was a symbolic/ironic statement, yes? She is trying to say, "let's have a discussion of ideas" instead of just shouting what someone told you to say. You noticed he was a "volunteer", and they were all wearing McCain t-shirts right? I mean, do you really think that all those McCain supporters showed up on their own? Do you think they were there for any other reason than to disrupt what was supposed to be a presentation of ideas that just might help our country? I for one would like to get past the age of oil. I still haven't figured out why the oil companies do not drill where they already have been given the right to drill. And what do you suppose it will do for you to drill more oil, but not have the capacity to refine it? You can't just take the stuff out of the ground and throw it in the tank. I'm just saying... alternative energy policy should not be obstructed to make partisan gains during an election, or any other time for that matter.

DenButsu
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM
You understand that was a symbolic/ironic statement, yes? She is trying to say, "let's have a discussion of ideas" instead of just shouting what someone told you to say.

One can dream...

{}
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
...gimme your brains for fuel. http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/images/Nancy%20Pelosi.jpg

gcoll
08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
You understand that was a symbolic/ironic statement, yes?
It was a crappy joke.

The "handmaidens of big oil" was a way dumber statement.

ink
08-30-2008, 12:22 AM
It was a crappy joke.

The "handmaidens of big oil" was a way dumber statement.

Agreed. And this is an insanely dumb thread.

gcoll
08-30-2008, 03:12 AM

Eh. I tend to like pointing out hypocrisy in politics. Sometimes it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but it's still fun.

Something about Nancy Pelosi, accusing protesters of being in the pocket of big oil, lecturing people about the use of alternative energy, and then getting into a big, black SUV.......that kind of stuff amuses me. I'm glad it was posted.

ink
08-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Eh. I tend to like pointing out hypocrisy in politics. Sometimes it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but it's still fun.

Something about Nancy Pelosi, accusing protesters of being in the pocket of big oil, lecturing people about the use of alternative energy, and then getting into a big, black SUV.......that kind of stuff amuses me. I'm glad it was posted.

Yeah, the other part ... the part about the guys who claimed that they came all the way down from Idaho or whatever on their own dime ... I call BS on that! Their way was paid by the oil companies. It strains credibility. Why would some guy from Idaho travel all the way to Denver to support offshore oil drilling!!?? It's hilarious.

gcoll
08-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Yeah, the other part ... the part about the guys who claimed that they came all the way down from Idaho or whatever on their own dime ... I call BS on that! Their way was paid by the oil companies. It strains credibility. Why would some guy from Idaho travel all the way to Denver to support offshore oil drilling!!?? It's hilarious.

Is there any evidence to suggest they were paid by the oil companies?

The "drill here, drill now" stuff....is actually pretty popular. A whole lot of people have signed Gingrich's petition. A lot of people were really pissed off about the blocking of a vote, etc.

Why would a guy from Idaho travel to Denver to support offshore drilling? Idaho's not all that far from Colorado. And didn't they just have the democratic convention in Denver? Don't those things tend to attract protesters, and politically motivated people?

ink
08-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Is there any evidence to suggest they were paid by the oil companies?

The "drill here, drill now" stuff....is actually pretty popular. A whole lot of people have signed Gingrich's petition. A lot of people were really pissed off about the blocking of a vote, etc.

Why would a guy from Idaho travel to Denver to support offshore drilling? Idaho's not all that far from Colorado. And didn't they just have the democratic convention in Denver? Don't those things tend to attract protesters, and politically motivated people?

I don't know. How many oil workers are there in Idaho? Honest question ...

gcoll
08-30-2008, 03:36 AM
I don't know. How many oil workers are there in Idaho? Honest question ...

No idea.

In_Ned_I_Trust
08-30-2008, 03:53 AM
Democrats THIS IS YOUR PARTY Lunatics like Pelosi, Boxer, Dean (I could go on for ages but I won't) and the likes Bobby and John Kennedy are turning over in their graves.

DenButsu
08-30-2008, 04:38 AM
Bobby and Jack would be extraordinarily proud of the Democrats right now after the fine convention they just put on and the nomination of Barack Obama who is a fitting recipient of the torch they lit.

I shake my head in disbelief that you actually believe otherwise, Ned. They aren't rolling in their graves about Obama leading this party - but they would be to think that you would disgrace their legacy by suggesting that they would have anything to do with the Bush/Cheney/Rove Republican party. It's absolutely unfathomable to me that you would try to connect them to that ...

In_Ned_I_Trust
08-30-2008, 04:40 AM
^ Not of the man that is their candidate but the policy of the party.

DenButsu
08-30-2008, 04:47 AM
^ Not of the man that is their candidate but the policy of the party.

Well, I guess you hadn't heard yet, so let me be the first to proudly inform you that Barack Obama has taken firm control over the Democratic Party. His campaign started systematically taking over once he became the unofficially official presumptive nominee.

That's why the convention went off without a hitch - it was run by his campaign, because by this point Obama has pretty much brought the DNC into the fold of his campaign.

SmthBluCircus (and probably Ari too) know more about these party mechanics than I do, but I think they'll vouch for this.

And just fwiw, I'm no fan of Pelosi or Reed - they've both been completely fickle, caving on issue after issue. Plenty of Dems have been horribly disappointed at their so-called "leadership" over the past couple years.

Fortunately - and this will be especially true if Obama is elected - the reigns are somewhat out of their hands now.

ari1013
08-30-2008, 08:31 AM

She's a complete hypocrite -- she gets money from Pickens Plan so of course she's going to want to see us switch off oil to natural gas.

She's as bad as the oil-lobby-funded Republicans that she rails against.

ari1013
08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Well, I guess you hadn't heard yet, so let me be the first to proudly inform you that Barack Obama has taken firm control over the Democratic Party. His campaign started systematically taking over once he became the unofficially official presumptive nominee.

That's why the convention went off without a hitch - it was run by his campaign, because by this point Obama has pretty much brought the DNC into the fold of his campaign.

SmthBluCircus (and probably Ari too) know more about these party mechanics than I do, but I think they'll vouch for this.

And just fwiw, I'm no fan of Pelosi or Reed - they've both been completely fickle, caving on issue after issue. Plenty of Dems have been horribly disappointed at their so-called "leadership" over the past couple years.

Fortunately - and this will be especially true if Obama is elected - the reigns are somewhat out of their hands now.
Sorry DB, I probably know less than you regarding the day-to-day issues. I'm more of a policy person.

SmthBluCitrus
08-30-2008, 09:47 AM

Yea, I believe the Kennedy's would be proud of the party structure and the way they've been able to successfully bring people out.

I'll say that our congressional party leaders have been a disappointment -- especially Reid. I think Nancy Pelosi will ultimately get another shot, but I think we'll see Hillary Clinton as the Senate Majority Leader before too long.

Bosox Believer
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Democrats THIS IS YOUR PARTY Lunatics like Pelosi, Boxer, Dean (I could go on for ages but I won't) and the likes Bobby and John Kennedy are turning over in their graves.

As much as you would like to believe this sentiment, even though I believe that DB has made it pretty clear here and elsewhere how silly this claim is, I think it is more appropriate to suggest that anyone who voted for the CURRENT Republican "leadership" SHOULD be tossing and turning in their beds every night. Stop trying to hijack some of the most influential and popular people in American political history and try to claim them as your own.

IS27NY
08-30-2008, 12:30 PM

Stop attacking me:cry::cry:

DenButsu
08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Stop attacking me:cry::cry:

Let it go. You weren't the only one whose posts were deleted, and in the case that yours were, you instigated. So drop it, please.