PDA

View Full Version : ESPN has Suns as 6th

hrf821
08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=WestOffseasonPredictions

This just came out on espn.com. Has the Suns in sixth place. It's funny cause dude actually says Suns were hot at the end of last year and Spurs limped out of WCF and still the Spurs are ranked higher then us.

They also predict 47 wins.

I know there is a similar thread regarding Fox Sports I think but I am interested to hear your thoughts. Particularly on number of games won.

amare#1
08-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah I can see us finishing #4, having a better record than Utah and the Spurs. Its hard to say if we can beat the Rockets because of their new outfit. I'd personally say they will probably have a record slightly better than ours. In terms of the 47 wins, I'd say we can probably win 55-60 considering we managed to win 55 last season and we are much improved now with our D. They seem to have everyone's games down tho... with the top team in the west, the Lakers, only winning 55. We'll see. The top teams in the West won less games than the top teams in the east, simply because if your in the West you play 52 games against West teams and if your in the East you play 52 against East teams..... and obviously the West is much tougher.

Tom81
08-30-2008, 06:49 AM
whatever man ,I don't care about may - to be,

J-Relo
08-30-2008, 07:51 AM
expected that...

king4day
08-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't take the numbers too seriously. They have L.A. winning only 55 which is insanity.Same with Boston.
So add 5 wins to every team and that's the true indication IMO.

I also disagree with their Bobcats and Knicks predictions.

On a side note though, it is cool that they at least have us in the playoffs. I know in our forums, we're talking about 4 seeds or higher, but experts have been ripping our team pretty bad, saying we might even miss the playoffs. So I take their prediction of a 6th seed as a compliment.

rocky4104
08-30-2008, 01:48 PM
only teams that scare me are LA Lakers (because of Kobe), Spurs (cant seem to beat them - they always get the breaks against us - remember dunc's 3?) and Boston (they are the defending champs for a reason).

We have a completely (well, almost) diff team, a deeper one at that. cant wait for next season - go suns!

amare#1
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
only teams that scare me are LA Lakers (because of Kobe), Spurs (cant seem to beat them - they always get the breaks against us - remember dunc's 3?) and Boston (they are the defending champs for a reason).

We have a completely (well, almost) diff team, a deeper one at that. cant wait for next season - go suns!

Hornets don't scare you at all? We played them 4 times last season and lost 4 times. Plus they've gained James Posey who proved last year what he can bring to a team.

STAT32
08-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Don't bother with these dumb predictions. It'd be different if these anyalysts were actually right most of the time; but they're not.

rocky4104
08-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Hornets don't scare you at all? We played them 4 times last season and lost 4 times. Plus they've gained James Posey who proved last year what he can bring to a team.

sorry bro, no they dont scare me at all - not with the lineup that we have now - we're bigger and meaner lol

it's my opinion

not saying that anyone who thinks that the suns will have a nightmare season against the hornets ( i believe they are a solid team) are wrong - that's your opinion and i respect it - just dont see hornets going 4-0 on us again

amare#1
08-31-2008, 04:34 AM
sorry bro, no they dont scare me at all - not with the lineup that we have now - we're bigger and meaner lol

it's my opinion

not saying that anyone who thinks that the suns will have a nightmare season against the hornets ( i believe they are a solid team) are wrong - that's your opinion and i respect it - just dont see hornets going 4-0 on us again

Fair enough man.
I can't see them going 4-0 against us again either. Should be like 2-2 I think.

God of War
09-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Fair enough man.
I can't see them going 4-0 against us again either. Should be like 2-2 I think.

Remember the Suns were 1-3 against the Grizzs back in 04/05? We swept them in the playoffs.

amare#1
09-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Remember the Suns were 1-3 against the Grizzs back in 04/05? We swept them in the playoffs.

You follow the Suns?

Rome
09-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Most do in a suns forum. Even if it doesn't seem like it.

amare#1
09-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Most do in a suns forum. Even if it doesn't seem like it.

Yeah true. Just haven't seen God of War round much and hes got over 1000 posts. A typical example of a Phoenix follower who doesn't seem like one is Voodoo Alchemy.

king4day
09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah true. Just haven't seen God of War round much and hes got over 1000 posts. A typical example of a Phoenix follower who doesn't seem like one is Voodoo Alchemy.

God of War was a big part of the forums through the season last year actually.
When he wants to, he puts together some really good posts. Not all of them are agreeable, but some are well thought out.

Tom81
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM

welcome back God of War what's up.

rhensley3
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
i think its foolish to predict anything now...it takes very little to make a big change in the way things are. for instance, golden state's standing...with ellis hurt. what will that do to them? look what happened to dallas when dirk was injured. there are far too many unknowns that could turn somebody's season on a dime, out there.