Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Philly
Toronto
Washington
Miami

Eastern Predictions (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=EastOffseasonPredictions)

West:
Lakers
New Orleans
Houston
Utah
SA Antonio
Phoenix
Dallas
Portland

Western Predictions (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=WestOffseasonPredictions)

that is virtually the same way we on PSD predicted things to be and it was exactly the same for the west in the same order. In the East Cleveland and Orlando are mixed up though from how this site had it.

Also they are predicting no team wins more than 55 games either.

NYKnickFanatic
08-29-2008, 03:18 PM
The Knicks will make the playoffs, mark my words.

MOHA
08-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree with NYKnickFanatic. Watch how The Knicks will shock every team in The NBA by making The Playoffs. Dont sleep on them.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
The Knicks will run n' gun the East to claim the 7th-8th spot

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 03:30 PM
^ L O L :laugh2:

But finally somebody giving the Heat some respect :clap:

qwestion13
08-29-2008, 03:31 PM

That's a bold statement, but why not? The East still isn't that good, so if the Knicks have even a decent season they will contend for a playoff spot.

GSW Hoops
If another team in the West steps up, I can see dallas falling out of the playoff picture altogether. Avery being fired was a mistake, Jason kidd is afraid to even shoot the ball anymore, and I think devin harris was a key part of that teams future.

I also don't see san antonio or phoenix that low.

Vidball
Knicks will be closer to the 15th spot in the East than the 8th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blazers grab a 6th seed.

GSW Hoops
08-29-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree with NYKnickFanatic. Watch how The Knicks will shock every team in The NBA by making The Playoffs. Dont sleep on them.

I'm not sure anyone would be shocked to see a team win 35 games and sneak into the Eastern Conference playoffs. Kicking isiah to the curb has to be worth at least 5 games by itself.

Vidball
08-29-2008, 03:41 PM
PHI, CLE, TOR, WAS, CHI, MIA will all be better this season...it'll take a winning record to make the playoffs in the East this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-29-2008, 03:51 PM

THey will. They have so much talent and theyll get rid of theyre cancers(Zach,Marbury) any day now. Alot of ppl can fit into Dantonies system, even eddy curry. just look at Shaq he did alright 15 points 10 rebounds

itll be

Boston
orlando
Cleveland
detroit
philly(will be competing with toronto)
toronto(will be competing with 76ers)
Washington
NY

Dol-Fan
08-29-2008, 03:52 PM
these predictions make sense. Nothing bold, they are being very conservative with their predictions. Usually, the playoffs do not look exactly the same as the previous year so it would be nice if they went out on a limb somewhere. Miami will not make the playoffs, C and PG are the most crucial positions and all they have is Mark Blount and Chris Quinn.

I think Milwaukee or Chicago is a better bet, and I think Orlando will falter a bit... I just don't see Hedo putting up the same stats as last year.

pebloemer
08-29-2008, 03:54 PM
PHI, CLE, TOR, WAS, CHI, MIA will all be better this season...it'll take a winning record to make the playoffs in the East this year.

Well I would say that is true with the exception of the 8th seed. But we will see how injuries mix things up.

fresh prince
Philly should be higher in the east. I think they finish somewhere in the top 4

MiamiHeat
THey will. They have so much talent and theyll get rid of theyre cancers(Zach,Marbury) any day now. Alot of ppl can fit into Dantonies system, even eddy curry. just look at Shaq he did alright 15 points 10 rebounds

itll be

Boston
orlando
Cleveland
detroit
philly(will be competing with toronto)
toronto(will be competing with 76ers)
Washington
NY

:crazy:
seriously? lol
hater :pity: Miami is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy better than NY

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 03:56 PM
these predictions make sense. Nothing bold, they are being very conservative with their predictions. Usually, the playoffs do not look exactly the same as the previous year so it would be nice if they went out on a limb somewhere. Miami will not make the playoffs, C and PG are the most crucial positions and all they have is Mark Blount and Chris Quinn.

I think Milwaukee or Chicago is a better bet, and I think Orlando will falter a bit... I just don't see Hedo putting up the same stats as last year.

Chris Quinn is not even signed yet boy get it straight,
we got marcus banks and the steal of the draft that Wade has trust no other than Mario Chalmers and fk you if you gonna say oh he's unproven or whatever you just wait and see, and yes we do need a C. But we are a good enough team to make the playoffs stop hating

MOHA
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
lol what was The Heat's record last year. Haha.

NYKnickFanatic
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Chris Quinn is not even signed yet boy get it straight,
we got marcus banks and the steal of the draft that Wade has trust no other than Mario Chalmers and fk you if you gonna say oh he's unproven or whatever you just wait and see, and yes we do need a C. But we are a good enough team to make the playoffs stop hating

Hmm, someone seems a little mad??

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I like that more and more writers are respecting LeBron and the Cavaliers.

Good to see they didn't put Toronto or Philly above them like this site does.:crazy:

prash
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Houston will be better than NO and LAL in the West.

Toronto will finish 4th ahead of Orlando & Philly.

:D

Oh & the Knick WILL NOT make playoffs.

Vidball
08-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow...Heat projected as an 8th seed---pump your chest and be proud! :D

KnickVeteran
Knicks will not make the playoffs unless certain changes are made

MiamiHeat
lol what was The Heat's record last year. Haha.

so all the matters to you is the record?
what if they win the title this season will it still matter?
no i don't think so shut the fk up ;)
is a fresh new start with the big trio, Wade is 100% healthy that's all the matters

BullsNumber1Fan
08-29-2008, 04:05 PM
If the Knicks can rid themselves of Zach Randolph + Stephon Marbury, they have a better chance of making the playoffs. Not a big chance, but still a chance.

superkegger
08-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Couldn't agree more.

I like that more and more writers are respecting LeBron and the Cavaliers.

Good to see they didn't put Toronto or Philly above them like this site does.:crazy:

I don't have any doubt about Lebron can do, not at all. But over the course of an 82 game season, i don't have faith in the cavs. I have complete faith lebron will bring them to the playoffs, and once there, hoist them on his back and carry them a good ways, but I just don't see them, with that roster winning a whole bunch of games. I think they'll go farther then Orlando, Philly and Toronto in the post season, but I can easily see them finishing behind them in the regular season.

MOHA
08-29-2008, 04:12 PM
so all the matters to you is the record?
what if they win the title this season will it still matter?
no i don't think so shut the fk up ;)
is a fresh new start with the big trio, Wade is 100% healthy that's all the matters

We will see who Wins on October between The Heat and The Knicks. The Knicks own The Heat in Head To Head Meetings. GO KNICKS.

Phitin' Phan
08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
ESPN loves to hype up Lebron, and they have done it so much they have confused themselves. Both the Raptors and Sixers should be higher and the Cavs lower.

goku
08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
i see houson vs portland in the first round for some reason

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 04:29 PM
We will see who Wins on October between The Heat and The Knicks. The Knicks own The Heat in Head To Head Meetings. GO KNICKS.

:pity:
okay we'll see

MOHA
08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
:pity:
okay we'll see

This is my first time talking trash about The Heat I usual dont cause they are on my top 5 list as favorite teams.

Cavs_Fan24
08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
ESPN loves to hype up Lebron, and they have done it so much they have confused themselves. Both the Raptors and Sixers should be higher and the Cavs lower.

Actually, i think that the Cavs should be second in the East because Philly doesnt have any perimeter shooters besides Willie Green, and even he isnt all too great and you cant win without 3-point shooting, especially in the East, and Toronto couldn't possibly be ahead of the cavs. They're not nearly good enough, i think they're a bit overrated as a team, not saying they're not good, but they're not good enough to be a top 3 team in the East just yet. And i also think that Detroit is basically done as far as conference finals runs this year. Too many players on that team are aging, and it's really starting to show.

Anyways.. I watched basically every game last season, and they dont get much credit or how good they actually are, and now that they have Mo Williams, they'll be even better. i can see them winning maybe around 55 games this year pending injuries.

dre1990
08-29-2008, 05:06 PM
looks good but detoit wil get like 55 wins and boston will get around 57

atl_braves_fan
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
East:
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Philly
Toronto
Washington
Miami

Eastern Predictions (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=EastOffseasonPredictions)

West:
Lakers
New Orleans
Houston
Utah
SA Antonio
Phoenix
Dallas
Portland

Western Predictions (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=WestOffseasonPredictions)

that is virtually the same way we on PSD predicted things to be and it was exactly the same for the west in the same order. In the East Cleveland and Orlando are mixed up though from how this site had it.

Also they are predicting no team wins more than 55 games either.
Is this even possible? Aren't the Hornets and Rockets in the same division?

Beno7500
08-29-2008, 05:39 PM
****** predictions

SensandRaps
08-29-2008, 05:41 PM
i see the raptors finishing ahead of philly and maybe even orlando

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 05:44 PM
i see the raptors finishing ahead of philly and maybe even orlando

oh wow isn't that shocking :rolleyes:

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
The Knicks will run n' gun the East to claim the 7th-8th spot

NOT.

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I know this is going to be a surprise to you guys but I personally think that the Wizards should be higher.

SensandRaps
08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
oh wow isn't that shocking :rolleyes:

like u heat fans making like ten threads a day on how great ur team is:eyebrow:

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 06:01 PM

don't bring my fellow Heat fans into this
is between me and you

LayZbone
08-29-2008, 06:04 PM

lol. those were all made my one person who was new to the site. I think his name was Ashyboy21 or something.

LAKERS 24/7
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Lakers on top?

No arguments here

SensandRaps
08-29-2008, 06:06 PM
don't bring my fellow Heat fans into this
is between me and you

all i said that the raps should have been placed higher just like how on some thread a week ago i said that the heat could get the 7th spot in the east and u agreed with me dont bash on my opinion

LAKERS 24/7
08-29-2008, 06:07 PM
NOT.

He's a knicks fan, how can you not expect him to be optimistic about his team?

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 06:07 PM
all i said that the raps should have been placed higher just like how on some thread a week ago i said that the heat could get the 7th spot in the east and u agreed with me dont bash on my opinion

i didn't bash it did i say i disagree with it
i just said oh that's shocking :rolleyes:
:up:

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
He's a knicks fan, how can you not expect him to be optimistic about his team?

I think that's a little more than optimism. (:crazy:) JK:D

LayZbone
08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
fk you

so shut the fk up ;)

make us proud lol

Lakersfan2483
08-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I have the Lakers winning 62 games. Also, I can see a healthy Boston team winning 60 games this year.

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 06:12 PM
make us proud lol

you know it,
i don't even remember typing that :cool:

Lakersfan2483
08-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I hope the Knicks make the playoffs. I miss MSG during the playoffs, a truly great arena for games to be played in.

rapswin98
08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
cleveland is so overrated, i won't even be surprised if they barely make the playoffs

showtym24
08-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I got the lakers breaking the bulls record.

cmellofan15
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM

Really? I'd never expect that from a Lakers fan

showtym24
08-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Really? I'd never expect that from a Lakers fan

lol, to tell you the truth i could care less if we break it i just want the ship.:smoking:

rapswin98
08-29-2008, 06:33 PM

i hav the raps winning all 98 games including playoff games

aman_13
08-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I thinks the predictions are good, everyone would like to see there teams ranked higher, but its only predictions.

hockeypro68
08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Clippers are making the playoffs. Otherwise, the predictions are fair. I agree no team will win over 55 games. Theres just too many good teams in Both conferences now.

showtym24
08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
i hav the raps winning all 98 games including playoff games

that would be awfully hard :smoking:

oh yea and Jermaine oneal's done

IversonIsKrazy
08-29-2008, 08:00 PM
nets will b 14th, and knicks will b 15th with the 2nd worst record in the NBA after OKC.

Nets fan 93
08-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Nets>Knicks... no way we are that bad... i see us fighting for a playoff spot not dead last :pity:

BullsNumber1Fan
08-29-2008, 11:00 PM

Really, then you'll be up for a disapointment if you guys win around 60 games then, right? Cause that is where I got you guys at. If the West was like the East last year, then I would agree with you.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
nice standing i would out houston second.

heyman321
08-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I think Miami does make the 8th seed, but I don't see why everyone thinks there is now a "trio". Wade and Marion, sure, but Beasley has not played a single NBA minute yet, I don't know how that is considered a trio. He was a good college player, but he's not Lebron James.

Epic89
08-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Cleveland winning 50 games? As many as Detroit? More than Orlando or Philly?

Were they high when they did this? :shrug:

SeoulBeatz
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
i just cant see the knicks making the playoffs.

there team is a mess.

I think a solid team like the Bucks or Bobcats could make it instead of the knicks. Maybe even the heat since D Wade is back to form.

I really like the bobcats though now that their pieces are all finally healthy.

Felton/Augustine
Richardson (led the NBA in 3 pointers made last season)
Wallace
May
Okafor

no too shabby

SeoulBeatz
08-29-2008, 11:51 PM
and i would also like to add that the Sixers, Raptors, and Magic will end up in any spot between 2-5.

It's THAT close, no team is clearly better than the other, which is why its going to be an exciting year.

p.s the sixers do have 5 solid outside shooters. Soon to be 6 when we sign Donyell Marshall on tuesday.

Lou Williams, Kareem Rush (.39 from 3 last year), Thaddeus Young, Andre Miller (its ugly, but his midrange is deadly for those whove actually seen him play) and Willie Green.

but man oh man IGGY CANT SHOOT, hes gotta learn how to shoot. just watch the youtube vid in my sig and ull see what i mean

mjt20mik
08-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Cavs deserve to be above Toronto and Philly. Their record was better than both of those teams last year, so you can't count them out.

mjt20mik
08-29-2008, 11:53 PM
and i would also like to add that the Sixers, Raptors, and Magic will end up in any spot between 2-5.

It's THAT close, no team is clearly better than the other, which is why its going to be an exciting year.

Yup! Finally some balance in the East with some elite teams. I am really scared of the Magic though. Their pickup of Pietrus was really great.

bogdanrom
08-30-2008, 12:26 AM

p.s the sixers do have 5 solid outside shooters. Soon to be 6 when we sign Donyell Marshall on tuesday.

Lou Williams, Kareem Rush (.39 from 3 last year), Thaddeus Young, Andre Miller (its ugly, but his midrange is deadly for those whove actually seen him play) and Willie Green.

but man oh man IGGY CANT SHOOT, hes gotta learn how to shoot. just watch the youtube vid in my sig and ull see what i mean

I think that the Cavs and the Wiz should also be up there. Also the Sixers do not have a good outside shooter(midrange is not outside). Maybe Kareem Rush but he won't play that much. I think they should have kept Korver. :shrug:

stevefrancis
08-30-2008, 12:30 AM
the utah jazz will suck so bad they will be placed in the d-league =]

cmellofan15
08-30-2008, 12:36 AM
the utah jazz will suck so bad they will be placed in the d-league =]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thats almost as stupid as your sig!!!

Ph1lly Diehard
08-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Actually, i think that the Cavs should be second in the East because Philly doesnt have any perimeter shooters besides Willie Green, and even he isnt all too great and you cant win without 3-point shooting, especially in the East, and Toronto couldn't possibly be ahead of the cavs. They're not nearly good enough, i think they're a bit overrated as a team, not saying they're not good, but they're not good enough to be a top 3 team in the East just yet. And i also think that Detroit is basically done as far as conference finals runs this year. Too many players on that team are aging, and it's really starting to show.

Anyways.. I watched basically every game last season, and they dont get much credit or how good they actually are, and now that they have Mo Williams, they'll be even better. i can see them winning maybe around 55 games this year pending injuries.

Do you follow basketball at all?

#1- Lou Will was our #1 3 point shooter last year.
#2- We picked up Kareem Rush, a 3 point shooter off the bench.

Learn your facts before you say were a bad 3 point shooting team.

cmellofan15
08-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Do you follow basketball at all?

#1- Lou Will was our #1 3 point shooter last year.
#2- We picked up Kareem Rush, a 3 point shooter off the bench.

Learn your facts before you say were a bad 3 point shooting team.

But remember Iggy can't shoot at all:rolleyes:

IversonIsKrazy
08-30-2008, 01:02 AM
i got raps over philly, a nugz getting 9th not wariors. plus knicks and nets switch. but thas pretty much it.

cmellofan15
08-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Cavs drop out and the Bucks/Bobcats get 8th seed

BullsNumber1Fan
08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Cavs drop out and the Bucks/Bobcats get 8th seed

And then after that, the Celtics drop out and the Bulls get a playoff spot.:rolleyes:

DQL
08-30-2008, 01:30 PM
whichever list that has Miami in top 8 East teams is accurate :up:

Jayg1712
08-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Ive never seen so much Knick love in my life. I love it, but its awfully weird seeing how we still suck.

kntresistheheat
08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Man I hope miami can get the 7 or 6 seed:pray: I dont want to see the celtics in the first round. Yeah they will be in the playoffs for sure!!!!!

JIDsanity
08-30-2008, 02:11 PM
:crazy:
seriously? lol
hater :pity: Miami is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy better than NY

I agree, but that spot is a toss up. NY is not in it though

illastrate
08-30-2008, 05:52 PM
How is GSW and DEN ranked ahead of LAC? I guess these 25 so-called "experts" didn't get the memo about Monta Ellis or Marcus Camby.

$ NyC $
08-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Ive never seen so much Knick love in my life. I love it, but its awfully weird seeing how we still suck.

bring's tears 2 my eyes:cry:

rapswin98
08-30-2008, 07:55 PM
oh yea and Jermaine oneal's done:bs:jus a hater:pity: