PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Greg Oden or Derrick Rose for Al Jefferson?

JordansBulls
08-29-2008, 11:56 AM
If you are a Bulls or Blazers fan, would you trade Greg Oden or Derrick Rose for Al Jefferson?

thesparky33
08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Not a bad question, JB.

From a Timberwolves fan perspective, I'd think about trading Al Jefferson for Oden, but I would never trade him for Rose, at least straight up... and it would actually take a lot to make it worthwhile IMO... mostly because I havent given into the Rose hype yet...

And right now, I wouldnt accept an Oden/Jefferson swap, even though down the road, Oden could turn into a better player... it's just too unknown, and too risky given his early set-back surgery... and of course the fact that Jefferson has already bloomed into a dominant offensive force and franchise player (at least IMO).

thesparky33
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
But seriously, any Bulls fan who wouldnt trade Rose for Jefferson is pretty crazy IMO...

I wouldnt hold anything against Blazer fans for not giving up Oden for Jefferson, because of his outrageous potential though...

JordansBulls
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
But seriously, any Bulls fan who wouldnt trade Rose for Jefferson is pretty crazy IMO...

I wouldnt hold anything against Blazer fans for not giving up Oden for Jefferson, because of his outrageous potential though...

Yeah, I posed this question once before to Bulls fans and I thought I was on crack or something.

kozelkid
08-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I posed this question once before to Bulls fans and I thought I was on crack or something.

maybe because getting a star pg is MUCH harder than a star pf. Fact is pg is arguably one of the most valuable positions in basketball. Only position more valuable is maybe center. So if it was rose for oden, yes I would consider it (though probably not mainly cause of his injury issues, but if he never had any, then I'd do it in a flash), but not for a pf.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
^True, but as of now, we don't know how D.Rose is gonna play. He could be a bust, let's hope not, or he could be a STAR. But with the current roster, AJ would be a PERFECT fit. We have Kirk who can still play. The only postion missing from our team is a big man(PF/C) and we would get that. Imagine this team if BG7 were to resign and we traded Gooden as well to even the salary cap:

PG Hinrich/Hughes
SG BG7/Thabo
SF Deng/Nocioni/Nichols
PF TT/Noah/Simmons
C AJ/Gray

That would be a DYNAMIC young team that could make it very far in 1-2 after playing with each other. I would PREFER to keep Rose, but this team would be a contender in a year. Imagine if TT develops, like expected this year, and we have a duo of AJ + TT. Who could stop BOTH of them when they play different styles and would compliment each other so well.

A.Mopp
09-06-2008, 03:06 PM
as a blazer fan i would not trade Oden for Jefferson. Both have tremendous upsides, but i like the 7 footer a bit more.

Kyben36
09-06-2008, 05:25 PM
As a bulls fan, I might just have to say yes to that one. Look at our team. it would probably be a trade like Hughes and Rose for Al and a filler.

Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Tyrus
Al Jeferson

I would think that team can contrend.

boeknows
09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
As a Wolves fan i wouldnt do either of those trades.

kozelkid
09-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Some of you guys forget that AJ wasnt most effective as a center. He is undersized and is best fit as a pf because of that. And a duo of tyrus and AJ is possibly the most undersized frontcourt in the league. That's mainly why I wouldnt do that trade because I believe tyrus can be a good pf in this league and AJ imo shouldnt be anything but a pf. Also, I believe that a pg as an overall position is more valuable than a pf, assuming both become top 3 in their respective positions. Only position I'd value more than pg is center, so had not been for oden's injuries I would do a rose for oden swap anyday, but seeing as that's not the case, being a bulls fan, and possibly a slight homer, I'd definitly wouldnt trade rose for either if I had the option.

rico
09-07-2008, 02:42 AM
i say no. i like AJ, but not for rose. i would give deng for AJ i love deng, but i know noce could fill that spot.

boeknows
09-08-2008, 12:22 AM
i say no. i like AJ, but not for rose. i would give deng for AJ i love deng, but i know noce could fill that spot.

We would want a lot more than just deng.

Joshtd1
09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
If I were the T-wolves, I wouldnt trade AJ for Rose straight up.

Oden might be a better player down the road, like Sparky said, but at this point I would keep Al Jeff over him since we know what AJ can do.

HouRealCoach
09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Blazers fan: No
Bulls Fan: Yes