PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, who can the Nuggets get to propel them as an elite team?

JordansBulls
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Seriously, who can the Nuggets get to propel them as an elite team?

With 2 guys that are at least top 15 in the league in Iverson and Melo and big guys in Kmart, Nene, and Hunter and now a good bench player in JR Smith, I'm not sure what else this team needs to be compete at the next level.

What is your take on this? Who can the Nuggets get?

Would trading Kmart for Ben Wallace work?

MELO 15
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Seriously, who can the Nuggets get to propel them as an elite team?

With 2 guys that are at least top 15 in the league in Iverson and Melo and big guys in Kmart, Nene, and Hunter and now a good bench player in JR Smith, I'm not sure what else this team needs to be compete at the next level.

What is your take on this? Who can the Nuggets get?

Would trading Kmart for Ben Wallace work?

Heck no on the ben 4 k mart. k mart has more upside in that he brings 2x more O than ben. and k mart to me at this stage plays better man D, and plus look what he did 4 the bulls and cavs, nough said. Now if U were to say Hinrick 4 klieza and part of that 10 mil exception, than that would work, and help us get 2 that next level

Tian Tian Boy
08-29-2008, 03:59 PM
trade A.I to bulls for a bigman and gordon?? then sign either sam / livingston

DJiC
08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
DWIGHT FREAKIN HOWARD WOULD PROPEL US...WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE A FREAKIN PG OR NOT AI/MELO/HOWARD WOULD DOMINATE..hell ill trade jr smith/nene/kleiza and anyone else besides melo of course that the magic would want to get dwight howard

SlowMo
08-30-2008, 11:54 AM
DWIGHT FREAKIN HOWARD WOULD PROPEL US...WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE A FREAKIN PG OR NOT AI/MELO/HOWARD WOULD DOMINATE..hell ill trade jr smith/nene/kleiza and anyone else besides melo of course that the magic would want to get dwight howard

HAHAHA! I agree completely, but it wont happen... ever. The Magic aren't going to let go of Howard even we gave them both AI and Melo. Its too hard to find a Center like him.

Good try though.

DJiC
08-30-2008, 12:23 PM
haha thanx...he asked who would and dwight would or maybe amare we just need someone to play excellent low post and bang

BRAVE KID
08-30-2008, 01:25 PM
the nugs need a dominate low post big man. A KG, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard...etc. We need that type of dominance in the post to be considered an elite team.

F15Eagle
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Get healthy, and a shot blocker e.g. Mutombo.

DJiC
08-30-2008, 02:27 PM
did you just imply we should try and sign 50 yr old mutombo? after we traded a 30 yr old camby who is just like mutombo?

F15Eagle
08-30-2008, 02:41 PM
LOL. Well, he is cheaper, and will not demand too many minutes and will be used primarily when needed.

DJiC
08-30-2008, 03:49 PM
his bones will also break if dwight howard or shaq bangs with him...and we need either a guy like dwight starting or a backup like harrison for nene.....and i doubt mutombo has the energy nor the strength to be backup...he needs to retire

F15Eagle
08-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Who is Harrison ? Is he a free agent ?

DJiC
08-30-2008, 06:22 PM
david harrison from the pacers and yes hes a free agent

08-30-2008, 06:36 PM
we need a decent point guard and some one who is tall and can post up

DenButsu
08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
did you just imply we should try and sign 50 yr old mutombo? after we traded a 30 yr old camby who is just like mutombo?

What wouldn't be alike - aside from their age - is their paycheck.

$10 million is nothing to scoff at.

C-Dub
08-30-2008, 09:24 PM
well, dont get all weird on me and hate me for saying this, but do you guys think michael vick (my favorite NFL player before and after the dog fighting) would be a good pg in the nba, you know if he actaully had some skill, i mean come on, him and AI are good friends and even have the same lawyer if remember correctly, lol

C-Dub
08-30-2008, 11:31 PM
id want him, the dude was born with talent

IndyFan
08-31-2008, 08:33 AM
denver needs bigs. but so do a lot of teams. it is hard to trade smalls for bigs. how about miller from SAC or :puke: zach randolph from NYK or Eddy Curry from NYK. ATL and CHA have some mid-sized bigs that are athletic. or wilcox and collison from OKC. not sure why no one has gone after them. just some thoughts.

:)

DenButsu
08-31-2008, 09:50 AM
denver needs bigs. but so do a lot of teams. it is hard to trade smalls for bigs. how about miller from SAC or :puke: zach randolph from NYK or Eddy Curry from NYK. ATL and CHA have some mid-sized bigs that are athletic. or wilcox and collison from OKC. not sure why no one has gone after them. just some thoughts.

Your list raises another great point, which is that the league's bigs have very disproportionately total crap contracts.

IndyFan
08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Your list raises another great point, which is that the league's bigs have very disproportionately total crap contracts.

supply and demand mainly. augmented by the frantic efforts of GM's on the hot seat who confuse potential with production. :eyebrow:

Spurred1
08-31-2008, 05:14 PM
You can have Ericka Dampier-please take him!! He's a big-more or less.

DenButsu
08-31-2008, 08:38 PM
supply and demand mainly. augmented by the frantic efforts of GM's on the hot seat who confuse potential with production. :eyebrow:

And apparently, especially one former GM in particular. :nod: