PDA

View Full Version : RoLo comparison ideas...

amare#1
08-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Just trying to see how good everyone thinks RoLo will end up being. At this stage I would compare him to Anderson Varejao, but with better blocking ability. In his first 2 or 3 seasons I can see him giving us some solid hustle minutes, but also being able to defend all-star caliber big guys in the low post with both man-on-man D and getting some great blocks.
Although in the future I see his career going further than that of Varejao. I personally envisage him being a Chandler-esc player in the future who is a great defender and blocker, but also capable on offense. This is just who I compare RoLo to.... I personally think it is a pretty good outcome.
Just wondering who everyone sees him ending up like at the prime of his career in a best case scenario?

blazers=future
08-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Anderson Varejao??

king4day
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I think thats a good starting comparison.
If Carlos Boozer is right and RoLo does improve his offense, then we may be eventually comparing him to bigger names.

dodie53
08-29-2008, 08:30 AM
varejao maybe?

if he becomes the player andy is,
i would be glad

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 08:53 AM
I think he will be better than Varejao...

Avg: Varejao.
Best: Dave DeBusschere???, Dave Cowens

Voodoo Alchemy
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
AV is a good comparison but Lopez needs to work on his total NBA game. He doesn't have to be a great scorer but he does need to learn the game of basketball, at the NBA level. He kinda looks lost out there at times.

Rome
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Anderson is a good comparison, but people are saying it because of their hair style similarities lol. I think Chandler is a good comparison.

PhxGiant
08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Anderson is a good comparison, but people are saying it because of their hair style similarities lol. I think Chandler is a good comparison.

Yeah it actually is a good comparison, Chandler probably has more athleticism though. We have to wait and see, but RoLo can probably end up with a better offensive game than Chandler.

STAT32
08-30-2008, 02:35 AM
He reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler. Not a real prolific scorer, just plays great D, rebounds, and cleans up around the glass.

_Sn1P3r_
08-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Out of curiosity, is he a great finisher around the net?

lavis
09-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Varejao is overrated. Honestly he's only a little bit better than Mark Madsen.

amare#1
09-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Out of curiosity, is he a great finisher around the net?

Umm... he is decent but not amazing. He is predominantly a defensive player. His offensive game does need some work, but his main problem is his unselfishness... kind of like Diaw. This isn't such a problem with RoLo though because he will be playing alongside Amare more often who will easily make up for his offensive weakness.

God of War
09-01-2008, 06:59 PM

AV > MM

theimortalone
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I agree with you guys. He does remind me of Anderson. I hope that he proves he is better, and is able to play offense and defense really well. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

king4day
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM

If that were the case, he'd be on the bench all the time.
Varejao is never going to be an all star, but he's a player anyone would take to be a spark off the bench.

And on a side note.... Mark Madsen gives me angry faces. I hate him so much (not as much as Luke Walton or Vlad-Radical but close).

Rome
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Nobody dances as good as the mad dog! Lmao

theimortalone
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3555402

Rolo compares himself to Ben Wallace, Macrus Camby, and Anderson Varejo.

Rome
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I hope his offensive game is a little flourished then Ben Wallace's lol.

theimortalone
09-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I hope his offensive game is a little flourished then Ben Wallace's lol.

Lol I know what you mean Rome. I hope so too.