PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting enjoyment from the Dodgers?

Tragedy
08-29-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm not normally a jerk in the sense that I take joy seeing other teams struggle, but I have to say - Seeing the Dodgers, a team I've usually liked in the past, play poorly with Manny just makes me giggle like a little girl. Anyone else just happy to see Manny's "wish" to be on the Dodgers not being so perfect?

bosox3431
08-29-2008, 01:26 AM
I think it's funny, but I honestly dont think Manny gives a **** about winning right now, he has two rings, he's just looking for a big payday(by that I mean a longer contract) and he wasnt going to get that by staying in boston, and thats all he's concerned about

lil'papi
08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Karma ....

RedSoxtober
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm not normally a jerk in the sense that I take joy seeing other teams struggle, but I have to say - Seeing the Dodgers, a team I've usually liked in the past, play poorly with Manny just makes me giggle like a little girl. Anyone else just happy to see Manny's "wish" to be on the Dodgers not being so perfect?

I don't really take any joy in seeing them struggle. I do like watching them start to get from Manny what we got from him. I saw an inning or two from the Dodgers-Phillies the other day and watching him amble to the corner on a J-Roll should-be double that Manny loafed into a triple made me as happy as Darth550 watching Drew hit the DL.

Karma ....

Chameleon. Is this word association?

Raidaz4Life
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM

I'm very torn, the dodgers are probably my favorite NL team (grew up near LA) but yeah I kinda do considering I don't want to see Manny win.

BRADY4MVP
08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
i'm right there with ya, enjoying this a lot.........although you have to like the dodgers, they are basically the red sox-west

PapelbonLester
08-29-2008, 03:57 PM
i'm right there with ya, enjoying this a lot.........although you have to like the dodgers, they are basically the red sox-west

excatly....how dont u like nomar, manny, lowe, jason johnson (remember him) haha, didnt we have chan ho park too?

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
I loved watching Manny get doubled off third. :)

And when Victorino turned a soft single to Manny into a double. :laugh:

Tragedy
08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
excatly....how dont u like nomar, manny, lowe, jason johnson (remember him) haha, didnt we have chan ho park too?
No, we never had Chan Ho Park. You're either thinking of Hideo Nomo (Also from the Dodgers), Sun-Woo Kim, or Byung-Hyung Kim. Either way, you racist.:p

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
No, we never had Chan Ho Park. You're either thinking of Hideo Nomo (Also from the Dodgers), Sun-Woo Kim, or Byung-Hyung Kim. Either way, you racist.:p

:laugh:

RedSoxtober
08-29-2008, 07:15 PM

...and Bill Mueller, Grady Little, and the owner Frank McCourt!

Osiagledknarf
08-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I really have alot of respect for the history of the Dodgers organization. It's a great and proud franchise and I wish them nothing but luck...after this year.

Manny proved himself to be a top grade douche, and I gladly welcome any turn of events that offsets his douche agenda. Watching him haul *** around the bases makes me want to break something and I really just want to see his stock go down any way possible.

That being said, I don't think he cares about winning right now. He wants's his $100M over 4 years (which is absurd in the first place) and that's what he all about. I hope teams realize he's a glorified DH and he gets low-balled in his contract.

I feel bad for Dodgers fans though (the real ones, not the 2nd inning-7th inning ones), they're usually good guys.

lil'papi
08-30-2008, 08:27 AM
You want to feel good, then just watch Manny in yr four of that contract.
Won't run, can't run, my knee hurts, my hammy hurts, I just want out of here, NYM FO robbed me, Minaya is treating me bad.
This is my last yr, i'm coming back for one more yr, anyone see my cell phone. I fired Borass, hired Borass back, love NYM fans, hate the fans.

Oh' I'm in LA? :p

Tragedy
08-30-2008, 10:06 AM
You want to feel good, then just watch Manny in yr four of that contract.
Won't run, can't run, my knee hurts, my hammy hurts, I just want out of here, NYM FO robbed me, Minaya is treating me bad.
This is my last yr, i'm coming back for one more yr, anyone see my cell phone. I fired Borass, hired Borass back, love NYM fans, hate the fans.

Oh' I'm in LA? :p
Maybe Detroit?!:p

They've now lost 8 in a row. So another potential Playoff team picked up Manny, and they're falling out of contention, as were we before we traded him. Now without him, we're in a better position to make the Playoffs. Funny.

moneyball
08-30-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm not normally a jerk in the sense that I take joy seeing other teams struggle, but I have to say - Seeing the Dodgers, a team I've usually liked in the past, play poorly with Manny just makes me giggle like a little girl. Anyone else just happy to see Manny's "wish" to be on the Dodgers not being so perfect? You have to understand this is perfect for Manny, no playoffs to bother with.

Snipeshow
08-30-2008, 03:02 PM

Maybe you're thinking of Hee Seop Choi?

gosawks
08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, anyway... simple answer is yes. I love them losing. But I also really don't like many National League teams and I'm still pissed at Manny not playing here and then putting numbers up in LA. So to see them now get what we got here... I love it.

I saw this coming when I was watching a Dodgers Sunday night game on ESPN and Manny was nowhere to be found when the team took the field, only to run out with his jersey unbuttoned and a new blue glove...