PDA

View Full Version : #4 PF In The Game Today!

Mile High Champ
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... Amare Stoudemire took home the third spot with Bosh being the runner up in the latest poll. We now head to number 4!

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list. I will add 5-10 more players after this poll is done.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=261272

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

madiaz3
08-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Where's the poll?

Mile High Champ
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Glad to see so many people voting, the SF poll had few votes but PF has seen a lot of interest. Lets keep it up..

I vote for Bosh, I think he should been 3 but its clear now he is 4 for sure on this list!

knicks1214
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
No doubt it's Bosh.

Mile High Champ
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
haha come on Bosh.. this is all you!

FOBolous
08-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Dirk will definitely get my vote for #4. After that, i'll probably vote Brand at #5. I think people forgot about Brand because he was injured for a season....kinda like how people forgot about how good Chris Paul was after he was injured for a full season...and also like Paul, i think people will remember how good Brand is after he comes back form his injuries. Brand averages 20/10/2...that's some amazing stats and deserves some respect. As for Bosh...i personally think people are overrating Bosh just because Bosh played in the Olympics. Bosh is a good player...yeea...but he needs to improve his defense a little and be more consistent with his rebounding for him to be as good as everyone makes him out to be.

metsfreak
08-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Tough one, but I go with Bosh.

Beno7500
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Dirk Nowitzki

RocketsRule
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
My vote goes to Bosh.

He has the post moves, mid - range game, and rebounding. He's lead his team to the playoffs consecutive years, although they have come up short. Scary thing is, he's only 23, he has plenty of time to get better.

Mile High Champ
08-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Dirk will definitely get my vote for #4. After that, i'll probably vote Brand at #5. I think people forgot about Brand because he was injured for a season....kinda like how people forgot about how good Chris Paul was after he was injured for a full season...and also like Paul, i think people will remember how good Brand is after he comes back form his injuries. Brand averages 20/10/2...that's some amazing stats and deserves some respect. As for Bosh...i personally think people are overrating Bosh just because Bosh played in the Olympics. Bosh is a good player...yeea...but he needs to improve his defense a little and be more consistent with his rebounding for him to be as good as everyone makes him out to be.

I could not disagree anymore with what you have just said. Ill take the 23 year old that now finally has some good teamates, a player who stepped up his game at the inernational level. Bosh continues to impress me every year he is in the league, each year he brings all new moves and a new dynamic to his game. A guy like Brand is way too one dimensional. I actually see him as being the overated player. He is coming off a major injury, how does that warrant him putting him ahead of a 23 year old franchise player in Bosh. You will see this year just how badly Bosh owns Brand... You will see it the first game of the season!

Iodine
08-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Dirk is my #4 but then again bosh is my #3 so............

BRADfromOZ
08-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Bosh again for me. Scolaaa for 10th (i'm starting the drive now).

JordansBulls
08-29-2008, 12:18 AM
How is it Bosh? He still hasn't even gotten out of the 1st round.

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Chris "The Predator Lookalike" Bosh

mikedesi1004
08-29-2008, 12:24 AM
chris bosh

cmoneytakemoney
08-29-2008, 12:25 AM
David West isn't getting the love he deserves at all. I'd take David West over Dirk Nowitzki or Chris Bosh any day man. He's much more physical than either player. Depending on who's covering Chris Bosh in certain games sometimes he'll only end up with 14 pts and 6 boards or 15 pts and 8 boards or something like that. David West will put up 20 pts and 10 boards on anyone including the top 3 PF's on this list Duncan, KG, and Amare. I've seen him do it. David West is stronger than Bosh, more physical than Bosh, can rebound better than Bosh, can shoot better than Bosh and I'm not talking about FG% either. I'm talking about who can hit the 15 foot to 18 foot jumper with more consistency and that's David West. He's almost automatic from that range. A couple of years back Dirk Nowitzki would have been ahead of West on this list but, not know he shouldn't because he's on the decline. David West is a true power forward and a beast and deserves to be ahead of Bosh and Dirk on this list guys and you all know it too.

AirMyles
08-29-2008, 12:25 AM
I totally disagree with the Amare #3 choice. He is only an offensive player. I would say that Bosh is # 3...Dirk #4...Amare #6. I voted bosh for this poll. Dirk better get the #5 vote.

Chronz
08-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Dirk Diggler

AirMyles
08-29-2008, 12:27 AM
David West isn't getting the love he deserves at all. I'd take David West over Dirk Nowitzki or Chris Bosh any day man. He's much more physical than either player. Depending on who's covering Chris Bosh in certain games sometimes he'll only end up with 14 pts and 6 boards or 15 pts and 8 boards or something like that. David West will put up 20 pts and 10 boards on anyone including the top 3 PF's on this list Duncan, KG, and Amare. I've seen him do it. David West is stronger than Bosh, more physical than Bosh, can rebound better than Bosh, can shoot better than Bosh and I'm not talking about FG% either. I'm talking about who can hit the 15 foot to 18 foot jumper with more consistency and that's David West. He's almost automatic from that range. A couple of years back Dirk Nowitzki would have been ahead of West on this list but, not know he shouldn't because he's on the decline. David West is a true power forward and a beast and deserves to be ahead of Bosh and Dirk on this list guys and you all know it too.

West isn't getting love becuase he isnt a top 5 PF. If you think he is you're basketball stupid.

Chronz
08-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I could not disagree anymore with what you have just said. Ill take the 23 year old that now finally has some good teamates, a player who stepped up his game at the inernational level. Bosh continues to impress me every year he is in the league, each year he brings all new moves and a new dynamic to his game. A guy like Brand is way too one dimensional. I actually see him as being the overated player. He is coming off a major injury, how does that warrant him putting him ahead of a 23 year old franchise player in Bosh. You will see this year just how badly Bosh owns Brand... You will see it the first game of the season!

Age has nothing to do with this, international play has nothing to do with this, Bosh impressing fans every year is nothing Dirk hasnt done himself to greater extents.

Brand is far from 1 dimensional though its unclear how effective he will be after his injury but if he returns to form hes a rich mans bosh because of his defense. But I have no problem with Bosh getting the benefit of the doubt but how is he more worthy than a true franchise player in Dirk?

Indi23
08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
I totally disagree with the Amare #3 choice. He is only an offensive player. I would say that Bosh is # 3...Dirk #4...Amare #6. I voted bosh for this poll. Dirk better get the #5 vote.

We'll see this year who the better overall player is.

FOBolous
08-29-2008, 12:55 AM
West isn't getting love becuase he isnt a top 5 PF. If you think he is you're basketball stupid.

:laugh:

Afridi786
08-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Dirk, he led his team to the Finals, and has been the MVP, Bosh hasn't led his team to anything in the relatively weak East. People are underrating him these days.

FOBolous
08-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Dirk he led his team to the Finals, and has been the MVP, Bosh hasn't led his team to anything in the relatively weak East.

:clap:

like i said...i think people are overrating bosh because of the olympics

pauljames
08-29-2008, 01:05 AM
christopher wesson bosh

DQL
08-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Bosh baby

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Dirk
Mvp, been to the finals, gets amazing stats in the west.

Bosh>Dirk because of age
But Dirk is my choice for number 4.

IversonIsKrazy
08-29-2008, 01:14 AM
CB4 w/o a doubt.

DreamShaker
08-29-2008, 01:15 AM
#3 should have been Dirk and it slightly disgusts me that it wasn't....no way Brand is better than Dirk guys.....Dirk was an MVP....and a deserving one....and he lead his team to the Finals....

Dol-Fan
08-29-2008, 01:19 AM

i think he looks more like the Arbitor from Halo...:)

either way, I'm gonna take Bosh. Rebounds better than Dirk, better defensively than Dirk and more of a complete player than Brand. I'm not a big fan of Boozer or West.

rhino17
08-29-2008, 01:36 AM
How is bosh better than Dirk? or boozer for that matter

G Stars
08-29-2008, 01:39 AM

You mean more like Chris "Snoop Dogg Lookalike" Bosh haha..... Bosh all the way!

http://www.cavsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/Lebron%20James%20All-Star%20MVP.jpeg

Vidball
08-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Dirk...I voted for Dirk as the #3 PF. Bosh has the potential for sure, but Dirk is still a notch ahead of him IMO.

DreamShaker
08-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Dirk...I voted for Dirk as the #3 PF. Bosh has the potential for sure, but Dirk is still a notch ahead of him IMO.

I agree....people have just been ridiculously down on Dirk since that Warriors series...but people forget how great he has played for so long....he is a top 10 player in the NBA and a former MVP who is probably gonna be considered the 6th or 7th best PF in the NBA.....that is just backwards in every sense of the word....

Chronz
08-29-2008, 03:04 AM
i think he looks more like the Arbitor from Halo...:)

either way, I'm gonna take Bosh. Rebounds better than Dirk, better defensively than Dirk and more of a complete player than Brand. I'm not a big fan of Boozer or West.

Their rebounding numbers are neck and neck, Dirks offensive superiority and leadership takes over any slight edge Bosh has defensively because Bosh isnt much of a defender himself. So why exactly would you take the lesser player?

Chronz
08-29-2008, 03:09 AM
How is bosh better than Dirk? or boozer for that matter

We keep asking but none of the Bosh voters have the balls to stand up for the vote, this thread is losing all of its value because the voters arent chiming in on their opinions. Several established posters have already weighed in with strong arguments, not a single Bosh supporter has made a valid point. Amare I was less inclined to disagree with because his offensive numbers are just insane but Bosh vs Dirk is a no contest.

UK Bull
08-29-2008, 03:12 AM
Its close but im going with dirk

JMKnick33
08-29-2008, 03:15 AM
Okie dokie..let's see here...I got a quick question first. WHY IS BOSH BEING OVERRATED RIGHT NOW?! SERIOUSLY!!!

I agree he's a great talent, a franchise player, has not reached his ceiling, and he's still very young at the age of 23.

But the poll is..who's the #4 'best' PF today? The question isn't who's the #4 'whohasthebetterpotential' PF today is it? Dirk is only one year removed from getting his NBA MVP award, an award very few people have earned. You don't win MVP by luck. Sure, he got eliminated in the first round that year..but that's a different story.

Dirk has been in this league far longer than Chris Bosh and therefore gives Dirk the upper hand in who the 'better' PF is today with his experience and knowledge of the game..and don't forget..HE CARRIED HIS TEAM TO THE NBA FINALS, while Bosh has won the Atlantic Division (Nets, Knicks, Sixers [when they sucked]). BIG WOOP!

Yes, if i were to start a franchise right now and I had to choose between Bosh and Dirk, of course I'd take Bosh. He's a frikkin beast, and may one day be better than Dirk. But until he gets further into the playoffs, and we see Dirk's game take a decline..then I say Dirk is the better PF right now.

S.J.Basketball
08-29-2008, 03:38 AM
You know what would be funny? If all the Laker fans united and voted for Gasol only...lol blow out everyone else and out him super high on the list.

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Glad to see so many people voting, the SF poll had few votes but PF has seen a lot of interest. Lets keep it up..

I vote for Bosh, I think he should been 3 but its clear now he is 4 for sure on this list!

Bosh over who? Amare... nahh...

Bosh is worth 4th place, but not higher...

Voted for Bosh.

theimortalone
08-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Wow Bosh over Dirk? :speechless:

Chronz
08-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Bosh over who? Amare... nahh...

Bosh is worth 4th place, but not higher...

Voted for Bosh.

Can you give us a reason why you voted for Bosh? Or is every Bosh voter incapable of forming an argument?

Ima sound like a slap but people who provide facts should count as 2 votes, people who vote for their favorite player should be eliminated. By my count Dirk is winning this poll

Tom81
08-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Dirk Nowitzki

Faneik
08-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Bosh, Dirk is a close #5

Lakersfan2483
08-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Dirk gets the nod over Bosh, Dirk took his team to the finals a few yrs. back and has won an MVP.

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Can you give us a reason why you voted for Bosh? Or is every Bosh voter incapable of forming an argument?

Ima sound like a slap but people who provide facts should count as 2 votes, people who vote for their favorite player should be eliminated. By my count Dirk is winning this poll

in my post i said that Bosh is worth nothing higher than 4th place, maybe putting him to 4th place over Dirk was wrong, but maybe not...

why Bosh over Dirk? well of course maybe it came not as from nba analyst but as from nba fan... if i would have my team, i would pick Bosh... maybe Dirk had a better career (NBA finals, MVP) as he really did, but i like Bosh more... also their statistics from last year are almost the same in the same amount of minutes...

Dirk's number are getting lower and lower each season (05/06 - 26.6, 06/07 - 24.6, 07/08 - 23.6), Dirk is older and i think he won't be able to post the same numbers as he did, as he did in his MVP season... Olympics took away the rest i think he needed and also i can't say that i saw the same Nowitzki as he was before, carrying his team... As for Bosh i see that he continues to play great, he is young and the experience he got playing in the USA team only made him better, he played good in Olympics and I believe he will have great season...

Dirk is top 5 PF, but this time i pick other guy over him and left him only the 5th place...

Mile High Champ
08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
its bosh for sure people.. come on David West got a vote over Dirk of Bosh.. Something is very wrong here..

CELTICS4LYFE
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
a yr or 2 ago it would of deff been dirk but i will go wit bosh now

pebloemer
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Dirk took my vote. Someone already said it but I'll echo the same thought. If I could pick one for my franchise, I would choose Bosh, but if I am going to say who is a better PF today, I'll say Dirk. I expect this time next year that will change, but for now it is still Dirk.

I expect Bosh to be better than Dirk this year, but to relate this to a common saying "innocent until proven guilty;" Dirk is still better until Bosh proves he is on a higher level.

To evaluate the present all we have is the past. To project the near future you have present circumstances combined with the past. If I were to choose based on who is will be better this year, I'd put my money on Bosh due to the present circumstances (showing signs of improvement, character, etc), but presently I cannot assert that Bosh is better at this point as I base that on what has been done.

marques724
08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Bosh

Nexus
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_MO_FYEf6M

mjt20mik
08-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Dirk..
and I'm a Raps fan.

BowDown32
08-29-2008, 11:14 AM
This spot belongs to Bosh.

GCOOKIE7
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Dirk, he led his team to the Finals, and has been the MVP, Bosh hasn't led his team to anything in the relatively weak East. People are underrating him these days.

Nash should have gotten MVP anyway that year

BowDown32
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
We keep asking but none of the Bosh voters have the balls to stand up for the vote, this thread is losing all of its value because the voters arent chiming in on their opinions. Several established posters have already weighed in with strong arguments, not a single Bosh supporter has made a valid point. Amare I was less inclined to disagree with because his offensive numbers are just insane but Bosh vs Dirk is a no contest.

Alright bud, if you are gonna talk **** I'll step up for Raps fans. This is all about an opinion forum so don't say a thread is losing its value because people are putting in their own opinion. Don't fault someone because they don't vote the way you want to.

This is close, but in no way shape or form is this no contest. Dirk is a great player, but so is Bosh and if you think it's a no contest how is your point valid? Are you an analyst or are you a fan like everyone else?

Bosh has shown that he is the leader of the Raptors. He took them to an Atlantic division titled and led his team to the playoffs. Yes he hasn't one a series yet, but that is based on your team as well. Dirk has had the likes of Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Harris, Finley, Nash on his team to help push them in the playoffs. Bosh hasn't had this yet. With JO this year I bet you will see that Bosh can still lead his team to the playoffs and probably win a series. That doesn't mean Dirk is better cuz he won a playoff series.

Dirk won MVP. I'll give you that, but he really shouldn't have won it that year. Nash once again should've got that but they didn't want to give it to him 3 years in a row. Nash shouldn't have got his the year before, that was Shaq's. Bosh isn't there yet, but in the next 2 years he will be 1st or 2nd team All-NBA and Dirk will be nowhere to be found.

Bosh is a fantastic player. You ask coaches and players around the league and they will tell you he is one of the quickest players at his position. He is able to get to the lane and if he doesn't make he is an excellent free throw shooter. He has a great face up game and a good jumper. Offensively Dirk is money too, but don't discount Bosh, because his offensive game is one of a kind and not many players at his size can do what he does.

Defensively Bosh is better. Dirk plays like Bargnani. And that is Bad!! I admit the Raps play bad D, but that is not all on Bosh, that is team defense. Bosh at the Olympics was phenomenal. He guarded the best big man on the other team, usually being undersized and used his quickness to his advantage. With JO in the middle that free's Bosh to play a little more like he did with Team USA and he will show you that his is much better defensively than Nowitzki. I have seen battles here in T-dot with Garnett on Bosh one-on-one and Bosh holds it down. I don't feel Nowitzki would have a chance defensively against a player like that.

So I'm done for now, but IMO Bosh is a better player than Nowitzki. It's close, but if I had to vote I would take 1KG, 2TD, 3Amare, 4Bosh and 5Nowitzki. If you don't think this is a valid post then that's your opinion. I know my ball I can guarantee you that so that's my opinion.

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Alright bud, if you are gonna talk **** I'll step up for Raps fans. This is all about an opinion forum so don't say a thread is losing its value because people are putting in their own opinion. Don't fault someone because they don't vote the way you want to.

This is close, but in no way shape or form is this no contest. Dirk is a great player, but so is Bosh and if you think it's a no contest how is your point valid? Are you an analyst or are you a fan like everyone else?

Bosh has shown that he is the leader of the Raptors. He took them to an Atlantic division titled and led his team to the playoffs. Yes he hasn't one a series yet, but that is based on your team as well. Dirk has had the likes of Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Harris, Finley, Nash on his team to help push them in the playoffs. Bosh hasn't had this yet. With JO this year I bet you will see that Bosh can still lead his team to the playoffs and probably win a series. That doesn't mean Dirk is better cuz he won a playoff series.

Dirk won MVP. I'll give you that, but he really shouldn't have won it that year. Nash once again should've got that but they didn't want to give it to him 3 years in a row. Nash shouldn't have got his the year before, that was Shaq's. Bosh isn't there yet, but in the next 2 years he will be 1st or 2nd team All-NBA and Dirk will be nowhere to be found.

Bosh is a fantastic player. You ask coaches and players around the league and they will tell you he is one of the quickest players at his position. He is able to get to the lane and if he doesn't make he is an excellent free throw shooter. He has a great face up game and a good jumper. Offensively Dirk is money too, but don't discount Bosh, because his offensive game is one of a kind and not many players at his size can do what he does.

Defensively Bosh is better. Dirk plays like Bargnani. And that is Bad!! I admit the Raps play bad D, but that is not all on Bosh, that is team defense. Bosh at the Olympics was phenomenal. He guarded the best big man on the other team, usually being undersized and used his quickness to his advantage. With JO in the middle that free's Bosh to play a little more like he did with Team USA and he will show you that his is much better defensively than Nowitzki. I have seen battles here in T-dot with Garnett on Bosh one-on-one and Bosh holds it down. I don't feel Nowitzki would have a chance defensively against a player like that.

So I'm done for now, but IMO Bosh is a better player than Nowitzki. It's close, but if I had to vote I would take 1KG, 2TD, 3Amare, 4Bosh and 5Nowitzki. If you don't think this is a valid post then that's your opinion. I know my ball I can guarantee you that so that's my opinion.

ye... that's it! great post... :cool:

i agree with you, i tried to wrote smth like that in my post (but my english isn't that good so i could post everything what's in my mind)... are you thinking what i'm thinking?... :eyebrow:

DreamShaker
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM

Dirk didn't have Nash or Finley when he got his team to the Finals....if I had to go to war in a game 7 with any power forward on this list....I would choose Dirk over everyone outside of Duncan....including KG....

LA_cabals
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Dirk

..without a shadow of doubt. At no point did I wonder who is better between him and Bosh.

NYKnickFanatic
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow, all of you people are totally just judging Bosh's play from the Olympics.

Bosh has not proved anything!

Dirk should get the 4 spot.

But I voted for Brand. :D

Dol-Fan
08-29-2008, 02:44 PM

wow man do you just sit on here and wait for people to vote, and then get upset when no one replies right away? I, for one, have a life and don't come on here every moment of the day. But, if you want my argument i'll make an attempt.

by my count, many of the people voting for Bosh aren't Raptors fans... so I don't know where you find the people voting for their favourite player. Chris Paul is my personal favourite. Anyway...

you make the argument that Dirk is a better leader, where do you get that from? If you watched a Raptors game you would see that Bosh is always in the face of his teammates, leading by example along with leading with his own voice. Bosh has now had 2 winning seasons with a roster that is really not all that good. The second option next to Bosh is Anthony Parker, Dirk's second options have included Jerry Stackhouse, Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Devin Harris... Dirk has had more talent around him.

Bosh is the only REAL scoring threat on his team (Calderon and Parker are pretty good but neither are truly consistant scorers), yet he still manages to put up over 50 FG%. Often times when a player has to shoulder the bulk of the load, FG% drops.

Bosh had an off-year for rebounding last year, much of that being due to Bargnani starting the majority of games at C. Bargnani does not box out, averaging only 3.5 boards per game, this leaves Bosh alone to do the rebounding. In the lone year where Bosh had a big body to box out in the middle, he averaged 10.7 RPG. Dirk has yet to average 10+ RPG, and he has 5 years in the league on Bosh.

Bosh is a better finisher around the basket, runs the floor better and is a better dribbler. They are both very efficient at getting to the free throw line, and they both complete a high percentage of their free throws. Dirk is a better shooter, by a long shot obviously but Bosh is nonetheless very efficient in his mid-range game and has hit quite a few clutch 3's when he really has to. Bosh is also very good at half court shots, or 3/4 court shots (irrelevant, yes, but I wanted to end this on an interesting note)

So pick this apart if you must but at least I provided an argument/

dre1990
08-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooozeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

skyhibballpj87
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Dirk didn't have Nash or Finley when he got his team to the Finals....if I had to go to war in a game 7 with any power forward on this list....I would choose Dirk over everyone outside of Duncan....including KG....

wow he had josh howard harris and terry and a really good coach so what are you saying he didnt have any help at all. id never pick dirk to go to war with if you forgotten yea the team made it to the finals they blew a 2-0 lead. dirk played good one game the rest of the series he was not really that good yes he average 20 and 10 but superstar players should shoot more then 39 percent from the field and more then 25 percent from 3. and dont say it was one bad series when it comes down to it when team needed it the most he couldnt get it done especially in the finals. then the next 2 years virtually they have better teams they cant even make out of the first round of the playoffs. aganist a 8th places team come on. KG is a proven warrior when you get some talent on his team take the year they made the conference finals they had cassell and sprewell and KG proved he could do somehting when a team had talent. kg is also a better defender then dirk and more of team player dirk is more of a catch and shoot player his post game has gotten better but hes nothing special. bosh also plays better defense and has carried that team and the only people who helped him was calderon. Dirk has had josh howard j kidd, harris terry and still has not been able to make out of the 1st round in 2 years please. again in the 07 series when they lost to the warriors he shot 38 percent for the playoffs and 21 percent from 3. yea i guess the warriors lock down Defense was too much for him lol. he was good din the playoffs last season but to no avail they still lost in 5 games. and the year he won MVP Nash deserved it way more then he did. Dirk is a good PF true 4th best i dont think so ill go as low as 6th best because i think bosh and brand are both better then dirk because they actually play D. bosh lost in the 1st round of the playoffs but his stats are better and hes the only guy on the team kaponos the second highest scorer. BOSH is my number4 and you can mark it down now Brands my #5 because if not for injuries his team would have kept rising to the top. in the conference semfinals of 05 when they lost to the suns in 6 he played amazin 30 pts 10 boards 3 blocks and shot almost 60 percent from the field yes the next season they didnt make the playoffs but with the team plague by injuries the last 2 seasons its not there fault. Brand will come back strong on the sixers and with iggy and dalmebert and miller sixers will be a tough team in the east to beat. and boozer is a close 7 to me him and dirk are neck in neck

Chronz
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
in my post i said that Bosh is worth nothing higher than 4th place, maybe putting him to 4th place over Dirk was wrong, but maybe not...

why Bosh over Dirk? well of course maybe it came not as from nba analyst but as from nba fan... if i would have my team, i would pick Bosh... maybe Dirk had a better career (NBA finals, MVP) as he really did, but i like Bosh more... also their statistics from last year are almost the same in the same amount of minutes...

Dirk's number are getting lower and lower each season (05/06 - 26.6, 06/07 - 24.6, 07/08 - 23.6), Dirk is older and i think he won't be able to post the same numbers as he did, as he did in his MVP season... Olympics took away the rest i think he needed and also i can't say that i saw the same Nowitzki as he was before, carrying his team... As for Bosh i see that he continues to play great, he is young and the experience he got playing in the USA team only made him better, he played good in Olympics and I believe he will have great season...

Dirk is top 5 PF, but this time i pick other guy over him and left him only the 5th place...

Solid argument, but Dirk will be 30 by the time the season starts, his rate of production wasnt the same as it was in his MVP year or even the year before when he had his best season ever but it still consistent with the rest of his career and still higher than Bosh's last season. Every advanced metric rates Dirk as the better player statistically so after that you have to ask yourself are there any aspects of the game that Dirk or Bosh possess that cant be quantified such as leadership, defense or even subjective measures like making players around you better. Dirk isnt a good defender by any means and while Bosh is an excellent pick and roll hedger and a better overall defender Dirk is a very underrated defensive rebounder. And as far as leadership gos I dont see any evidence supporting Bosh over Dirk.

Yes Bosh is on the way up but for all we know Dirk could have another spectacular season and match Bosh. Players do this all the time, Bosh shouldnt be rated higher until he actually proves it. I would agree with your estimations if Dirk was 33 or something but hes not that old.

Manos
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Bosh took the Raptors to an Atlantic Division title? So what, it was in the weakest division in the NBA and their record was 47-35.... That same season Dirk lead his team to the top of the Western Conference with a record of 67-15. Dirk had better players around him, but he was playing in toughest division of the toughest conference in the NBA.

Dirk won MVP.

Exactly.

No one is argung that Bosh isn't a good player, just that he isn't as good as Dirk.

Defensively Bosh is better.

Debatable. Neither one is a very good defender.

Dirk plays like Bargnani. And that is Bad!!

Wow. Have you ever watched a Dallas game? If Bargnani played half as good as Dirk the Raps would be pissing themselves in excitement right now.

I admit the Raps play bad D, but that is not all on Bosh, that is team defense. Bosh at the Olympics was phenomenal. He guarded the best big man on the other team, usually being undersized and used his quickness to his advantage. With JO in the middle that free's Bosh to play a little more like he did with Team USA and he will show you that his is much better defensively than Nowitzki. I have seen battles here in T-dot with Garnett on Bosh one-on-one and Bosh holds it down. I don't feel Nowitzki would have a chance defensively against a player like that.

Well in the only game Dirk and KG played against one another last season Dirk put up 22 and 19 KG put 20 and 13. Seems to me that Dirk can hold his own against KG.

Dirk at this point is definitley better than Bosh.

Chronz
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
wow man do you just sit on here and wait for people to vote, and then get upset when no one replies right away? I, for one, have a life and don't come on here every moment of the day. But, if you want my argument i'll make an attempt.
Chill out, no one is upset, I post and wait for anyone to respond I dont care how long it takes you guys.

by my count, many of the people voting for Bosh aren't Raptors fans... so I don't know where you find the people voting for their favourite player. Chris Paul is my personal favourite. Anyway...

Voting for Bosh without giving any rebuttle to the immense amount of voters arguing for Dirk means they are simply voting for the player they like.

you make the argument that Dirk is a better leader, where do you get that from?
The fact that hes led his team to more success, hes a proven winner atleast when compared to Bosh and he raises his game in big games.

If you watched a Raptors game you would see that Bosh is always in the face of his teammates, leading by example along with leading with his own voice. Bosh has now had 2 winning seasons with a roster that is really not all that good.
Dirk wouldve done more with that squad

The second option next to Bosh is Anthony Parker, Dirk's second options have included Jerry Stackhouse, Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Devin Harris... Dirk has had more talent around him.
No doubt, but how does that take away from what Dirk has accomplished?

Bosh is the only REAL scoring threat on his team (Calderon and Parker are pretty good but neither are truly consistant scorers), yet he still manages to put up over 50 FG%. Often times when a player has to shoulder the bulk of the load, FG% drops.

Thats why they arent contenders, I never said Bosh wasnt an elite player, you would expect elite players to carry their teams.

Bosh had an off-year for rebounding last year, much of that being due to Bargnani starting the majority of games at C. Bargnani does not box out, averaging only 3.5 boards per game, this leaves Bosh alone to do the rebounding. In the lone year where Bosh had a big body to box out in the middle, he averaged 10.7 RPG. Dirk has yet to average 10+ RPG, and he has 5 years in the league on Bosh.

There is a fundamental flaw with your logic that you really need to pay attention to, typically when surrounded by inferior rebounders your rebound rate gos up. If Bosh was in fact surrounded by lesser rebounders then your only making things worse for Bosh supporters by revealing this.

Dirk has never averaged 10 rebounds a game because hes a poor offensive rebounder, Bosh is twice as better on the offensive glass. Nothing new there.

Bosh is a better finisher around the basket, runs the floor better and is a better dribbler. They are both very efficient at getting to the free throw line, and they both complete a high percentage of their free throws. Dirk is a better shooter, by a long shot obviously but Bosh is nonetheless very efficient in his mid-range game and has hit quite a few clutch 3's when he really has to. Bosh is also very good at half court shots, or 3/4 court shots (irrelevant, yes, but I wanted to end this on an interesting note)

When comparing offensive efficiency all that matters is what you do with your possessions, Dirk scores at a more efficient rate because of his shooting ability, he can create a high number of shots without ever turning it over and hes a better passer than Bosh. Offensively Dirk is superior.

So pick this apart if you must but at least I provided an argument/

Thats all we ask

pebloemer
08-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Solid argument, but Dirk will be 30 by the time the season starts, his rate of production wasnt the same as it was in his MVP year or even the year before when he had his best season ever but it still consistent with the rest of his career and still higher than Bosh's last season. Every advanced metric rates Dirk as the better player statistically so after that you have to ask yourself are there any aspects of the game that Dirk or Bosh possess that cant be quantified such as leadership, defense or even subjective measures like making players around you better. Dirk isnt a good defender by any means and while Bosh is an excellent pick and roll hedger and a better overall defender Dirk is a very underrated defensive rebounder. And as far as leadership gos I dont see any evidence supporting Bosh over Dirk.

Yes Bosh is on the way up but for all we know Dirk could have another spectacular season and match Bosh. Players do this all the time, Bosh shouldnt be rated higher until he actually proves it. I would agree with your estimations if Dirk was 33 or something but hes not that old.

Great argument - it was my reasoning behind picking Dirk as well. This is a really good debate going on in my opinion.

Dol-Fan
08-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Dirk wouldve done more with that squad

I respect most of your argument but this is just silly. How can you say that without actually seeing him play with that squad? The Raptors are a team built with shooters. Dirk is a shooter. Teams would simply play tight on every player and allow no open looks. Dirk would be a terrible fit on the Raptors.

No doubt, but how does that take away from what Dirk has accomplished?

It doesn't, however it does show that Dirk has had much more help to get to where he has been. If Bosh had those type of players (a huge banger at center, a borderline all-star SF and a solid shooting SG) he would likely do very well.

Thats why they arent contenders, I never said Bosh wasnt an elite player, you would expect elite players to carry their teams.

The Lakers weren't good when Kobe was on his own... the Heat sucked when Wade was on his own (albeit he was injured) but you get my drift. Just because you're an elite player doesn't mean you can carry a team on your shoulders. Yes, you are supposed to shoulder the load but Bosh still needs a talented wing before they are contenders. Jermaine O'Neal will not do that for them.

There is a fundamental flaw with your logic that you really need to pay attention to, typically when surrounded by inferior rebounders your rebound rate gos up. If Bosh was in fact surrounded by lesser rebounders then your only making things worse for Bosh supporters by revealing this.

No, when Bosh is the only man boxing out whereas the opposition has 3 guys in the paint fighting for the rebound, it is less likely for him to pull down the defensive boards.

And for us to really gauge a player's intangibles, I suppose we would both have to watch an entire Mavs or Raps season. I have watched an entire Raps season so this is where I get my judgment, no doubt it is likely flawed but I am making my argument based on my own observations.

Chronz
08-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Take a breath and realize that no one is talking ****, its one thing if people give their opinion, its quite another when you vote and give NO OPINION, other than the fact that you voted for someone. What made matters worse was the fact that several quality posters were practically begging for Bosh supporters to come out of the closet and defend theirs. I could care less if people dont agree with me, I just would like to see someone take the initiative and respond to the number of posters who said WHY BOSH?

If you dont consider yourself an analyst of the game then your opinion doesnt mean much. I have more respect for posters who respond with conviction in their posts. If you consider yourself like every average fan then dont bother responding.

I never said I expected Bosh to lead his team to a championship, but typically if a player is on a team with lesser players the said player will raise his offensive responsibility. Heres the thing though, Dirk created more plays for his team than Bosh did, and did so by scoring more effectively. Bosh has neither quantity nor quality on his side over Dirk. That my friend is why the Raps wouldve done more if Dirk was on that team over Bosh. So while you can name tons of excuses as to why Bosh has failed to produce like Dirk has throughout his career, I can vote for Dirk KNOWING hes proven more and has been the better player throughout his career. Basically the only thing Bosh voters have is the idea that Bosh has a decent chance of surpassing Dirk this year, but until it happens it makes more sense to give the benefit of the doubt to the former MVP. The discussion is about today, and you cant go by the unknowns.

I agree 100%, Shaq shouldve won it the first year, Dirk shouldve won it the 2nd, and Nash shouldve won it the following year. Your probably in that Kobe side but thats for another day.

For their positions, Dirk is the rarer of the 2 breeds. And hes more effective in that role.

Dirk plays nothing like Bargnani, and yes I know about Bosh's defensive potential. But until hes surrounded by the right pieces or plays in the right system thats all it is, POTENTIAL. And yea Ive seen those games, the C's put Posey on Bosh alot while Bosh actually takes the responsibility on KG, I have alot of respect for Bosh. I dont see why you guys think me saying Dirk is better makes Bosh any less of a player. Would it change anything if I told you guys Bosh is the guy right after Dirk?

Its a valid post, just stop thinking Im talking ****. When all I wanted was for someone to speak up, Im glad I posted what I did, it helped stimulate a debate. Threads like these should be all about debates, not a popularity contest.

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 04:11 PM
At some point i agree with you, Chronz... even confused me a bit, but it's too late... by the amount of votes it's clearly that Bosh will get it...

I think Bosh could be better with a good solid big-guy (Nesterovic or Bargnani don't fit to this category), i mean same situation as now with Amare (he played C, struggled against other true C, but as Shaq came look how he plays...posting huge number in his natural position)... I think smth like that could happen with Bosh either... JO will help him a lot, look out for Bosh career high season...

Chronz
08-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I respect most of your argument but this is just silly. How can you say that without actually seeing him play with that squad? The Raptors are a team built with shooters. Dirk is a shooter. Teams would simply play tight on every player and allow no open looks. Dirk would be a terrible fit on the Raptors.
A team full of shooters, yea that sounds horrible. Dirk is more than capable of putting the ball on the floor, and Im not saying it 100% certainty because you never can when dealing with speculations, but odds are on Dirks side.

It doesn't, however it does show that Dirk has had much more help to get to where he has been. If Bosh had those type of players (a huge banger at center, a borderline all-star SF and a solid shooting SG) he would likely do very well.
He would likely not do as well as Dirk has.

The Lakers weren't good when Kobe was on his own... the Heat sucked when Wade was on his own (albeit he was injured) but you get my drift. Just because you're an elite player doesn't mean you can carry a team on your shoulders. Yes, you are supposed to shoulder the load but Bosh still needs a talented wing before they are contenders. Jermaine O'Neal will not do that for them.

Heres the thing though, every player whos on a good team is expected to do good and every player on a less than inspiring team is expected to shoulder the burden. It gets to the point where thats all people argue, their teammates. We both know the difference in talent, that doesnt change the fact that Dirk has been the better player, just like Kobe was as great of a player regardless of his teammates. Kobe is always Kobe, the same way Dirk has always been Dirk. Their teammates have an effect on them but what we're debating about is individual impact.

No, when Bosh is the only man boxing out whereas the opposition has 3 guys in the paint fighting for the rebound, it is less likely for him to pull down the defensive boards.

Your exaggerating, tell me how is it a team allegedly so devoid of rebounders managed to rank so highly in defensive rebounding%? Both the Mavs and Raptors were within 1 percentage point of eachother and very close to the number 2 ranking. Point being both of these teams were GREAT defensive rebounding teams.

And no when your surrounded by lesser rebounders your individual rebounding numbers increase even if its by the slightest of margins, your TEAM EFFECTIVENESS decreases but not your individual output. Really no point in arguing this statistical fact because I have decades of proof behind it.

And for us to really gauge a player's intangibles, I suppose we would both have to watch an entire Mavs or Raps season. I have watched an entire Raps season so this is where I get my judgment, no doubt it is likely flawed but I am making my argument based on my own observations.

Thats your prerogative, it doesnt take me an entire seasons worth of games to start noticing the little intricancies and nuances of a players game. Really the game of basketball isnt that hard to dissect. Its been pretty repetitive and its the reason I love the game.

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Chris Bosh

Chronz
08-29-2008, 04:37 PM
At some point i agree with you, Chronz... even confused me a bit, but it's too late... by the amount of votes it's clearly that Bosh will get it...

I think Bosh could be better with a good solid big-guy (Nesterovic or Bargnani don't fit to this category), i mean same situation as now with Amare (he played C, struggled against other true C, but as Shaq came look how he plays...posting huge number in his natural position)... I think smth like that could happen with Bosh either... JO will help him a lot, look out for Bosh career high season...
Believe me Im recording as many Raptor games as I can this year, the Bosh Jermaine duo has really sparked my curiosity, the only problem is that Jermaine has expressed his dislike for playing Center. Both are PF's to me but I think their games compliment eachother perfectly defensively so it should work.

rapswin98
08-29-2008, 06:24 PM
bosh

cmellofan15
08-29-2008, 06:29 PM
DIRK!!! Bosh isn't above him!

BowDown32
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Chronz, you were talking cuz you said no one has the balls to speak up. I did and I'm done on this topic, I don't have all the time in the world to sit here and argue about who is better. IMO I would choose Bosh not simply based on his upside. If I had to choose no age or anything who I would have on my team at PF spot I would take Bosh before Dirk because I think he is a better player.

Chronz
08-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Chronz, you were talking cuz you said no one has the balls to speak up. I did and I'm done on this topic, I don't have all the time in the world to sit here and argue about who is better. IMO I would choose Bosh not simply based on his upside. If I had to choose no age or anything who I would have on my team at PF spot I would take Bosh before Dirk because I think he is a better player.

Wait so if both were the same age you would take Bosh?

Nighthawk
08-29-2008, 07:29 PM
BOSH NUMBER 4???:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechles s::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless::speechless:

that makes me ashamed to be apart of these forums...NO-ONE on this site can tell me that Bosh is a better NBA player than Dirk. As good as Mr. Bosh is i think i can safely say he will NEVER win an MVP award. im positive enough to make that claim. HE WONT EVER WIN AN MVP. Dirk has one under his belt. Dirk is a much better player. much better power forward. much better all around game. this is beyond ridiculous 89 of you need to serious rethink your choice.

cmellofan15
08-30-2008, 12:51 AM
BOSH NUMBER 4???:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechles s::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless::speechless:

that makes me ashamed to be apart of these forums...NO-ONE on this site can tell me that Bosh is a better NBA player than Dirk. As good as Mr. Bosh is i think i can safely say he will NEVER win an MVP award. im positive enough to make that claim. HE WONT EVER WIN AN MVP. Dirk has one under his belt. Dirk is a much better player. much better power forward. much better all around game. this is beyond ridiculous 89 of you need to serious rethink your choice.

This is hilarious! Bosh over DIRK??!!!?? Hahahaha!! I guess Boozer's goin next and West is right after him!! C'mon guys put a write in vote for Kwame!

CowboysKB24
08-30-2008, 01:31 AM
It is Dirk. Then Bosh. Then Brand. Then West.

CowboysKB24
08-30-2008, 01:33 AM
This is hilarious! Bosh over DIRK??!!!?? Hahahaha!! I guess Boozer's goin next and West is right after him!! C'mon guys put a write in vote for Kwame!

Bosh may never win the MVP but he is definitely comparable to Dirk. Bosh is very versatile. He can shoot he can rebound he can play down low. He basically has it all. Look who else the Raptors have besides him? Previous seasons.

Nighthawk
08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Bosh may never win the MVP but he is definitely comparable to Dirk. Bosh is very versatile. He can shoot he can rebound he can play down low. He basically has it all. Look who else the Raptors have besides him? Previous seasons.

Bosh is good...Hes just not a better player than Dirk. I know theres tons of raptor homers on here maybe thats why. I just know theres lots of people on here that dont know basketball. if they did Dirk would be winning this. Its not like im going to lose sleep over a poll on PSD. But atleast i know where you guys are basketball wise with your knowledge. BOSH over DIRK??? soooo laughable. And im not even a huge fan of dirk, although is sounds like im defending him. Just Bosh over him is blasphemy.