PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies sign Iranian center Hamed Haddadi

pwest6
08-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Memphis, August 28, 2008 The Memphis Grizzlies signed free-agent center Hamed Haddadi pronounced (ha-MED ha-DAHD-dee), who led all 2008 Olympians in rebounding and blocks, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The Ahvaz, Iran native recently participated in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, where he was the only player to average a double-double (16.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 2.6 blocks) in Olympic competition while playing five games for the Iranian National Team.

Grizzlies.com (http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grizzlies_sign_hamed_haddadi-080828.html)

lakers4sho
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
nice pickup, they're taking international players (Gasol, Hadadi), idk how those players would feel playing in Memphis.

mzgrizz
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
I bet they'll do just fine......we're a friendly group down South.
Wonder what this means for Darko?????

Chronz
08-28-2008, 11:48 PM
I have a feeling the kid is going to bust

SAVAGE CLAW
08-29-2008, 12:18 AM
I guess after the olympics they are high on Marc Gasol as Starter and are going to trade Darko.

BRADfromOZ
08-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Nice pick up for MEM.

lavis
08-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Darko is on the block. I've read that from a couple of places so far.

Looking forward to seeing how this guy does.

rico
08-29-2008, 01:57 AM
grizzlies are slowly gettin back on track. not too bad actually.

BoSelecta!!!
08-29-2008, 02:02 AM

most likely yes

FromDallas
08-29-2008, 02:04 AM
I thought the NBA banned teams from signing this guy?

ARMIN12NBA
08-29-2008, 02:29 AM

How are you a bust when you are an undrafted free agent? He has hardly any expectations. If he does well then it is a nice surprise. If he does bad then it was expected of him.

Fireworld
08-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Who?!

Hellcrooner
08-29-2008, 02:41 AM
^what does the guy name mean?

Chronz
08-29-2008, 03:18 AM
How are you a bust when you are an undrafted free agent? He has hardly any expectations. If he does well then it is a nice surprise. If he does bad then it was expected of him.
Vassilous Spanoli***** and Sarunas Jasikevi***** came to the league as low drafted prospects or through free agency with pretty high expectations, you dont have to be drafted in the first round to have expectations set on you, I think people think this kid will be a low level player, I think he wont even be an NBA caliber player and out of the league within a few years.

You can be a bust just by not performing to what people expect, this kid wasnt drafted but from what Ive heard hes held in pretty high regard.

Hellcrooner
08-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Can you spell Cezarek Trybansky part II?

He will end up in the knicks at some point of his career, like Lampe, Jerome James,Moochie norris, Frank Williams and every other **** no one wants

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 03:49 AM
i saw his game in Olympics, he has a lot to improve if he wants to play in the nba, not just sit on the bench, get stronger...

S.J.Basketball
08-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Out after 2 seasons..or a guy who goes from team to team being a back up to a back up. Done.

DeeJay
08-29-2008, 05:31 AM
He will end up in the knicks at some point of his career, like Lampe, Jerome James,Moochie norris, Frank Williams and every other **** no one wants

Whats your point exactly?

Faneik
08-29-2008, 06:34 AM

Word!

Nighthawk
08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
George Muresan Version 2.0

im curious to see what he does on the GRIZ. why trade Darko.. i still think he can be something. Play em at the 4.

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I think at his best he would be a decent backup.

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 06:04 PM

im curious to see what he does on the GRIZ. why trade Darko.. i still think he can be something. Play em at the 4.

every time i see ur sig i gotta make it bigger :)

but how does this make the Grizzlies better?:eyebrow:

Chaudhry
08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Vassilous Spanoli***** and Sarunas Jasikevi***** came to the league as low drafted prospects or through free agency with pretty high expectations, you dont have to be drafted in the first round to have expectations set on you, I think people think this kid will be a low level player, I think he wont even be an NBA caliber player and out of the league within a few years.

You can be a bust just by not performing to what people expect, this kid wasnt drafted but from what Ive heard hes held in pretty high regard.

This guys not as hyped as those guys... the greeks were fresh off an impresive display i believe and Vassilous was the best player on that team... sarunas was hyped as the best shooter in the world... there is no where near as much hype for this guy... he's expected to be a back up and an experiment...

this guy has way more offensive potential then muresan did...

i don't think he's gonna be a bust... this is an era with weak centers... you have yao and dwight as the only elite C's... i think he has a good chance of succeeding as a backup and a small chance of being a starter for a weak team...

jgonboricua
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM
good pick up! he could turn out to be a pretty decent big man....

dre1990
08-29-2008, 07:13 PM
he could grow into a 12/10 guy. good pickup

Chronz
08-29-2008, 07:23 PM
This guys not as hyped as those guys... the greeks were fresh off an impresive display i believe and Vassilous was the best player on that team... sarunas was hyped as the best shooter in the world... there is no where near as much hype for this guy... he's expected to be a back up and an experiment...

Thats because hes no where near as good as those guys, the expectations set upon him arent as high but his level of performance will be much lower, thus hes a bust.

bball1217
08-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Good pick up, not much risk.

Nighthawk
08-29-2008, 07:26 PM
What other options do the Grizzlies have. I personally like Darko an think he can become atleast a serviceable starter in the NBA. I Say Play Gasol at the 5 Darko at the 4 Gay at the 3 Mayo at the 2 and Conley at the 1. The Grizzlies with this guy or without wont be any good. He has the oppertunity to get some playing time on THAT roster. Hopefully he can showcase what hes got

DerekRE_3
08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Thats because hes no where near as good as those guys, the expectations set upon him arent as high but his level of performance will be much lower, thus hes a bust.

I don't think anyone can say anything positive or negative about the guy until he plays an actual NBA game. Once that happens, then people can talk. But for now, he's a low risk (since they didn't spend a draft pick on him) prospect. Simple as that.

Chronz
08-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't think anyone can say anything positive or negative about the guy until he plays an actual NBA game. Once that happens, then people can talk. But for now, he's a low risk (since they didn't spend a draft pick on him) prospect. Simple as that.

Well yea, but Im just saying I have a feeling hes going to suck. I saw him play in the olympics and he just wreaked of cruddiness, he got his numbers by staying out on the court even when they were getting blown out.

DreamShaker
08-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Darko is on the block. I've read that from a couple of places so far.

Looking forward to seeing how this guy does.

I hope the Rockets get him.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Since it seems Grizz are moving Milicic to New York for Randolph i guess its a good signing to make the frontcourt look like this.

Gasol/Hadadi.

Randolph/Warrick.

Marc will make up for the Lack of D from Randolph, quite similar to how Bynum will Make up for his brother.

I have a good Feeling about Milicic and Knikcs ( Maybe wishful thinking?), Now he is mature and if there is one coach that can make him finally pan out is Dantoni, who is basically an EURO coach with euro mind on the players.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
he should be a nice center.

njnets
08-30-2008, 01:08 PM
thought the NBA said it would not allow any teams to sign him???

Sixerlover
08-30-2008, 01:44 PM

He has no expectations. Who expects him to do anything in the NBA? I know I don't, and judging by the "media" coverage on this signing, America doesn't either. His expections are also much lower than the Greek players, not "aren't as high". The way you phrase something makes a difference.

blacknell
08-30-2008, 01:51 PM
noooooooooooo

cubulls
08-30-2008, 02:07 PM
thought the NBA said it would not allow any teams to sign him???

http://www.interbasket.net/news/437/2008/08/20/nba-cleared-to-talk-deal-with-hamed-ehadadi/

ATX
08-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Wow, all this love for Hamed? He is nothing special...He is slow, stiff and soft. Really all he has is size...no game. Bust

Nighthawk
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Wow, all this love for Hamed? He is nothing special...He is slow, stiff and soft. Really all he has is size...no game. Bust

thats my general feelings about him aswell. Although i will tune in to watch an see if he can get it done.

njnets
08-31-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.interbasket.net/news/437/2008/08/20/nba-cleared-to-talk-deal-with-hamed-ehadadi/

thanks