PDA

View Full Version : Blazers offer Outlaw to Bulls

#1Mavericksfan
08-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Source: Rumorpress

The Portland Trail Blazers are in an intense search to find a point guard, and they’re interested in one on the Chicago Bulls. The Blazers have offered Forward Travis Outlaw and Center Joel Przybilla to Bulls in exchange for Kirk Hinrich and possibly a future draft pick. The Bulls are mildly interested in the deal, but are still reluctant to trade Hinrich. The Bulls are trying to see if the Blazers have any interest in Ben Gordon instead, that of course if Gordon is interested in accepting a deal to go to the Blazers. Outlaw, a five year veteran, averaged 13.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season. Przybilla, an eight year veteran, averaged 4.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game last season."

http://www.rumorpress.net/

knicks1214
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I think the Blazers get the better part of the deal. They get their starting point guard and maybe a draft pick? If they get the draft pick, then good for them because their future just got even brighter than it is now, which is hard to believe.

rico
08-28-2008, 11:24 PM
this is a few days old. we've been talking about it in the bulls forum fo a couple days im pretty sure. stupid deal for us. outlaw is decent, but they arent worth hinrich.

Beno7500
08-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Hinrich is nothing

rico
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Hinrich is nothing

haha yeah. ok... thats like us saying 'hey we'll give you aaron gray and simmons for kevin martin' pretty much.

Raptors27
08-28-2008, 11:33 PM
haha yeah. ok... thats like us saying 'hey we'll give you aaron gray and simmons for kevin martin' pretty much.

not quite, hinrich is less valuable to the bulls compared to martin to the kings IMO.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
What are they planing to do?

Having two complete teams with similar talent?

Play half the guys the first time and Play the others the second half?

SAVAGE CLAW
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Or Mess up Potential All star careers by playing only one of the two talented options at each position?

Why in hell did stupid Phoenix trade Rudy to HELL!!!!!1

Chronz
08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Good trade for both teams, Hinrich isnt much of a PG for them and the Bulls lack muscle in the middle. Portland could make better use of Hinrichs defensive abilities with Roy handling the ball so much he wouldnt be asked to do as much and could actually have a career year playing more off the ball. I liked Hinrich's game not too long ago but its pretty clear hes a combo guard whos not elite at either so you have to pair him with another combo guard to compliment his versatility.

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Isn't Portland kind of stacked at the point guard position.Blake, Bayless, Rodriguez. Or is Bayless going to play the SG, even then. Portland only lack is SF, or maybe a back up SG.

lakers4sho
08-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Isn't Portland kind of stacked at the point guard position.Blake, Bayless, Rodriguez. Or is Bayless going to play the SG, even then. Portland only lack is SF, or maybe a back up SG.

Rudy will probably be their backup SG.

BRADfromOZ
08-29-2008, 12:17 AM
IMO that is a good trade for both teams.

blackjack_119
08-29-2008, 12:59 AM
This is a bad trade for both teams. Deng and Nocioni would limit Outlaw's minutes. Hinrich would take the Blazers out of the free agent hunt in 2009 and would leave them with one SF on their roster.

rhino17
08-29-2008, 01:01 AM
the bulls have a ton of sf already

IversonIsKrazy
08-29-2008, 01:13 AM
blazers get a really good part of the deal. i like bayless though, but im not sure if he'll fit w/ portland.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Why do the Blazers want to get rid of Outlaw?!
This guy is still young and probably 2nd best player n the Blazers roster
Give him 35 mpg and he can average 20/7/3 with a block and steal!
Keep Outlaw or you will regret it.

G Stars
08-29-2008, 01:28 AM

http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/jamariomoon.jpg

SAVAGE CLAW
08-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Imagine this Game

Blake vs Bayless.

Roy vs Rudy.

Webster vs Outlow.

Aldrige vs Frye.

Oden vs Diogu.

Is everyone sure the first team would win?

Imnot so sure.

Do they need all those assets who could very well all of them Start in other teams?.

It is going to be a REAL problem not so long in the future.

lavis
08-29-2008, 01:35 AM
I think Bulls should consider that. Przybilla's hustle companied with Gooden's range wouldn't be a bad big men combo. Only problem being that they really do have a ton of SF's.

rico
08-29-2008, 02:04 AM
that and noah's hustle > prz :P

blazers=future
08-29-2008, 05:28 AM
blazers should wait and see what bayless turns out to be during the season and whether or not he fits at the PG
Hinrich only adds to Blake, Rodriguez and possibly Bayless and the Bulls have Deng and Nocioni at the SF
Can't see it happening

Faneik
08-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Outlaw > Ben Gordon

dodie53
08-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Roy can play PG for Portland,
why would they trade for Hinrich?

yankeesown69
08-29-2008, 08:08 AM
outlaw is highlt underrated.. the guy can shoot the midrange J and he is very athletic and likes to take it to the rim. he is also good defensively. hinrich hasn't been great lately. so IMO that is a gud trade 4 both teams

Z-ray21
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Or Mess up Potential All star careers by playing only one of the two talented options at each position?

Why in hell did stupid Phoenix trade Rudy to HELL!!!!!1

phoenix are so stupid man ... they traded rudy and what did they get? nothing basically

Z-ray21
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Why do the Blazers want to get rid of Outlaw?!
This guy is still young and probably 2nd best player n the Blazers roster
Give him 35 mpg and he can average 20/7/3 with a block and steal!
Keep Outlaw or you will regret it.

yeah i agree man. i would trade webster instead of outlaw but im not kevin pritchard so hey

J-Relo
08-29-2008, 08:43 AM
phoenix are so stupid man ... they traded rudy and what did they get? nothing basically

first let's see him at least playing in the nba... cause i see you already overrating him...

also what could they get for him, draft pick...nothing more...

BowDown32
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Well both teams need a point guard that can give their rookies some help. IMO I think Portland steals this deal. This way they have Bayless and Hinrich at the point and you can leave Rudy and Roy to be the SG (where they both should be... teams with score first pg's dont win... they are scorers and should play the 2). All they give up is Prysbilla and Outlaw. That is nothing for a solid pg who can still play despite what people think and a draft pick. Count it!

Cavs_Fan24
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
thats a nice trade for both teams. Chicago gets a great player potential-wise in Outlaw, and a low-post guy in Joel AND the Blazers get a solid PG.

Portland would be amazing!!!

RSA27
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
What are they planing to do?

Having two complete teams with similar talent?

Play half the guys the first time and Play the others the second half?

Sadly as a life long bulls fan I believe this is exactly what they are doing. They have assembled a team of 10 good players, when they really need 2 stars and maybe 6 or 7 solid role players.

m26555
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
So what was the purpose of trading for Bayless? Very, very dumb trade for Portland if it goes down.

Afridi786
08-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah we need another forward. Y not have a log jam at every position.

MassoDio
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking that they probably realize, like anyone who watched University of Arizona games, that Bayless isn't a pg. He is a sg. He has ok handles at best, and is a poor passer, and poor decision maker. That is why I see them going after a pg better than Blake, who is a career back up.

BowDown32
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
So what was the purpose of trading for Bayless? Very, very dumb trade for Portland if it goes down.

I don't think it is smart to have a rookie such as Bayless getting the bulk of your minutes at the PG spot. Hinrich is a good player still, he will help Bayless develop and can show him the ropes. Bayless is going to be an excellent player, but he still has to learn. Outlaw is a good player as well, but I don't think it's too much to give up for a solid pg and another pick.

mrblisterdundee
08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
yeah i agree man. i would trade webster instead of outlaw but im not kevin pritchard so hey

Webster might be inconsistent, but I wouldn't trade him yet. Outlaw has never dropped 24 points in a quarter like Webster. Besides, Webster has improved every season, and overall shows more of a work ethic than Outlaw, who had trouble just finishing a physical endurance test at the beginning of last season. Meanwhile, Webster's been working on polymetrics most of the summer down in Los Angeles. Outlaw is hanging out in Mississippi, relaxing.
When a 22 year old scores 24 points in one quarter, inconsistency can be delt with. Webster has more of an ability to score than Outlaw.

PhxGiant
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
This trade doesnt make sense to me, like many others have said the bulls are already stacked at the SF position. If the Bulls make moves its to make space in the back court by trading Hughes and or Gordon IMO.

IndyRealist
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Imagine this Game

Blake vs Bayless.

Roy vs Rudy.

Webster vs Outlow.

Aldrige vs Frye.

Oden vs Diogu.

Is everyone sure the first team would win?

Imnot so sure.

Do they need all those assets who could very well all of them Start in other teams?.

It is going to be a REAL problem not so long in the future.

Well, seeing as Ike Diogu is 6'8", I don't think he's going to bother Oden much. He's undersized for PF and too slow to play SF, which is why he never got any time in Indiana, despite the obvious lack of depth at PF.

I think the idea is to have Nick Batum back up Webster, or have Roy slide to SF and have Webster back him up. I don't like this trade at all, for either team. Outlaw will end up being the backup PF in Chicago and Pryzbilla will be the 3rd center behind Noah and Aaron Gray. If they trade Hinrich, they will be lacking a backup PG behind Rose.

Portland would be trading their 6th man and tampering with the team chemistry that proved so effective last year. They will have Hinrich and Blake at PG, but then Roy (or Batum), Fernandez, Rodriguez and Bayless at SG. Aldridge and Oden will start at PF and C, but Channing Frye would be backing up both of them unless the 6'8" Diogu learns to play D on PF's. They're thin up front and guard-heavy, I don't see trading a valuable frontcourt player to increase the glut of guards.

I'm sure the Pacers will give you Jamaal Tinsley and Shawne Williams for Pryzbilla and a draft pick.

mamba24
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
i'd do that... hinrich stunk last year. let him go and let rose get his minutes

fredv
08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Blazers are definitely building a heck of a franchise.

superkegger
08-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Why would the Bulls want outlaw when they already have Deng and Nocioni? I don't get it...

GregOden#1
08-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Why would the Bulls want outlaw when they already have Deng and Nocioni? I don't get it...

Same thing with Portland. Its a dumb trade for both teams and I REALLY REALLY doubt Portland made this offer, KP has gone as far as to say that Outlaw is the "big 4" and that he's untouchable, it woudn't make sense to trade him now.