PDA

View Full Version : Any more major trades? Or even little ones?

Spurred1
08-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Do you anticipate any more major trades being made before the season begins?
A number of teams would benefit from little trades, but do think any of those will happen,either?

cubulls
08-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Sign and trade involving Ben Gordon.

Spurred1
08-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Sign and trade involving Ben Gordon.
To who, I wonder...

SAVAGE CLAW
08-28-2008, 11:14 PM
If Knicks wallace is wise enough to wait to february instead of waiving him he can get a SUPERSTAR or two promising pieces for Marbury at deadline.

cubulls
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Anyone willing to take him :D Theres a rumor going around about the Utah Jazz being involved.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Bulls will have 1-2 big trades coming. They will try and clean up the SG and PF positions. Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Kirk Hinrich can/should all be traded. I didn't put Ben Gordon in a possible trade because Paxson and Vinny Del Negro both REALLY want him back and they say they hope something can happen so they can bring him back.

JordansBulls
08-28-2008, 11:17 PM
A number of teams would benefit from little trades, but do think any of those will happen,either?

I would like to see the Bulls get Iverson or Vince Carter. However, I believe what makes the most sense is the Jazz going after Vince Carter without giving up (Deron, Boozer, Okur, AK47) or the Mavs going after him without giving up (Dirk, Howard, Diop, or Terry) or Suns going after him without giving up (Nash, Amare, Shaq)

cubulls
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I would like to see the Bulls get Iverson or Vince Carter. However, I believe what makes the most sense is the Jazz going after Vince Carter without giving up (Deron, Boozer, Okur, AK47) or the Mavs going after him without giving up (Dirk, Howard, Diop, or Terry) or Suns going after him without giving up (Nash, Amare, Shaq)

Iverson or Carter would be nice. Its definitely a step up than anything we have at the moment. Its been a while since the Bulls had a go to guy.

rico
08-28-2008, 11:26 PM
If Knicks wallace is wise enough to wait to february instead of waiving him he can get a SUPERSTAR or two promising pieces for Marbury at deadline.

hughes + gordon for marbury and a pick or two. :P

Iverson or Carter would be nice. Its definitely a step up than anything we have at the moment. Its been a while since the Bulls had a go to guy.

ai would be a dream, even for only a year.

knicks1214
08-28-2008, 11:27 PM
We're not getting a superstar for Marbury. I hope we hold onto him because then we get an expiring contract. Plus, he might play well...However, if we do get the right trade, then we should jump on it. And to the trade above this post, we're not giving up any draft picks lol... But, there is a rumored trade involving Darko and either Walker, Crittenton, or second round pick for Zach Randolph. I hope Walsh pulls off Darko, Crittenton and a 2nd round pick...we need to get rid of Zach...he's a cancer to whatever team he is on...and he has a huge contract.

DerekRE_3
08-28-2008, 11:33 PM

I think there is a chance that Brad Miller is traded. A team looking to contend could use him. And the Kings are rebuilding.

rico
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
i hope we can get miller hehe

bogdanrom
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I hope there will be a lot trades. Unfortunately my Wizards won't partake in any of this, unless they're really small, pointless trades.

Fireworld
08-29-2008, 02:49 AM
I think Sheed will be traded. and maybe Ben Gord in a s&t.

marques724
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Ben Gordon sign and trade. I think you might see Randolph go in a trade. Maybe Portland does something.

IndyRealist
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Chicago - Ben Gordon, sign and trade. Probably packaged with Tyrus Thomas for a veteran big man. I do not think Hinrich is going anywhere.
Houston - Carl Landry, free agent signing, Rockets do not match. They drafted two PF's, something had to be up.
Indiana - Jamaal Tinsley, trade for expirings and filler to a team desparate for a true point guard. Portland, Miami come to mind.
Memphis - Some nonsensical trade probably involving Rudy Gay to a contender for expirings, seeing as he's due for a major contract extension next year.
New York - Eddie Curry or Zach Randolph, for anyone with a more favorable contract, packaged with David Lee. Marbury at the trade deadline for role players and draft picks.
Phoenix - None, but Boris Diaw gets traded at the deadline or next summer, signalling the Suns' rebuilding around Stoudamire, Barbosa, and Bell. The major expiring contracts of Shaq and Nash in 2010 fuel the acquisition of a major talent (Wade, Lebron, etc) or young talent and draft picks.
Sacramento - Abdur-Raheem for Jamaal Tinsley. C'mon, you know you want to.
San Antonio - Trades away a valuable role player to acquire a key piece. That role player then gets waived and resigns with the Spurs.
Oklahoma City - Will trade some, if not all, of their $30M in expiring contracts
in order to give Kevin Durant a reason to stay.
Toronto - Andrea Bargnani will be traded, either now for a veteran backup C and backup SG, or at the trade deadline.

Many more teams will be sitting tight until the trade deadline, either waiting for their expiring contracts to have the most value, or waiting to see if their respective lineup expirements work.

IversonIsKrazy
08-29-2008, 03:18 PM
hopefully AI

mikedesi1004
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
the knicks just traded for patrick ewing jr..its on the knick site

superkegger
08-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't think BG is going anywhere.

I think by the deadline (or earlier) this season the following will be on new teams:
Hinrich and Hughes
Marion
Tinsley
Odom
Brad Miller
Melo
barbosa

Don't know where, but I think they'll be somewhere whence the trading deadline passes.

fredv
08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
If you guys are interested, which I doubt since i'm not, the Rockets just traded Pat Ewing Jr. for Frederick Weill.

Cavs_Fan24
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Chicago - Ben Gordon, sign and trade. Probably packaged with Tyrus Thomas for a veteran big man. I do not think Hinrich is going anywhere.
Houston - Carl Landry, free agent signing, Rockets do not match. They drafted two PF's, something had to be up.
Indiana - Jamaal Tinsley, trade for expirings and filler to a team desparate for a true point guard. Portland, Miami come to mind.
Memphis - Some nonsensical trade probably involving Rudy Gay to a contender for expirings, seeing as he's due for a major contract extension next year.
New York - Eddie Curry or Zach Randolph, for anyone with a more favorable contract, packaged with David Lee. Marbury at the trade deadline for role players and draft picks.
Phoenix - None, but Boris Diaw gets traded at the deadline or next summer, signalling the Suns' rebuilding around Stoudamire, Barbosa, and Bell. The major expiring contracts of Shaq and Nash in 2010 fuel the acquisition of a major talent (Wade, Lebron, etc) or young talent and draft picks.
Sacramento - Abdur-Raheem for Jamaal Tinsley. C'mon, you know you want to.
San Antonio - Trades away a valuable role player to acquire a key piece. That role player then gets waived and resigns with the Spurs.
Oklahoma City - Will trade some, if not all, of their $30M in expiring contracts
in order to give Kevin Durant a reason to stay.
Toronto - Andrea Bargnani will be traded, either now for a veteran backup C and backup SG, or at the trade deadline.

Many more teams will be sitting tight until the trade deadline, either waiting for their expiring contracts to have the most value, or waiting to see if their respective lineup expirements work.

I dont think the Grizzlies are stupid enough to trade him.

And i think that Brad Miller will be traded to Chicago for Drew Gooden and maybe a future second-rounder.

And i think Utah will get Ben Gordon in a S&T. I think he'd fit into Utah's system perfectly because of his outside shooting ability, and their need of a SG.

rapswin98
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
i don't see the raps trading bargs during the offseason. the only way he gets traded is if he doesn't improve from last year

stevefrancis
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
there is no way the grizzlies trade rudy gay. yea they have to pay him thats the point. so when oj mayo wants his extention there gonna trade him?

$ NyC $
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
no way in hell gay gets traded...he's basically their star right now...

im hoping the Knicks pull off a deal bigger than Patrick Ewing Jr.

hopefully a Zach Randolph trade been hearing all these rumors about him

stevefrancis
08-29-2008, 10:41 PM
how about andrea bargnani for ben gordon?

Nets fan 93
08-29-2008, 10:50 PM

ben gordon and Andres Nocioni for Carter would be awesome!

heyman321
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I hope Vince Carter does get traded to the Suns. I would really like to see Nash win a championship before he retires, he deserves one. Hey he doesn't play D, but his passing and scoring skills are just so damn nice.

Epic89
08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I think Sheed will be traded. and maybe Ben Gord in a s&t.

Would've happened already. Joe D is giving him one last chance

I Am Awesome-O
08-29-2008, 11:31 PM
We're not getting a superstar for Marbury. I hope we hold onto him because then we get an expiring contract. Plus, he might play well...However, if we do get the right trade, then we should jump on it. And to the trade above this post, we're not giving up any draft picks lol... But, there is a rumored trade involving Darko and either Walker, Crittenton, or second round pick for Zach Randolph. I hope Walsh pulls off Darko, Crittenton and a 2nd round pick...we need to get rid of Zach...he's a cancer to whatever team he is on...and he has a huge contract.

It would be Darko and Antione Walker for Randolph if any kind of trade for Randolph happened. Otherwise, it wouldn't happen.

Oh and IndyRealist, there is no way in hell the Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay, let alone for expirings. The reason they traded Pau was so they could sign Rudy, O.J., Conley, Lowry, Crittenton, and Hak to extensions and to sign a free agent that is better than Pau. Rudy Gay is the guy that the front office is going to build this team around (which is the right decision), so it's foolish to say that they would trade him for expirings.

hockeypro68
08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Look for the Clippers to possibly ship out expiring contracts Mobley and Thomas (who are also useful veterans), for someone like Vince Carter. Am I dreaming? Maybe. But these Clippers+Vince Carter=Championship Contender.

_Sn1P3r_
08-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I see a BG trade.