PDA

View Full Version : Donyell Marshall

ktuck911
08-28-2008, 10:05 PM
He just had a live interview with Bob Picozzi during the UCONN/Hofstra football game (on SNY - The Mets channel) and he said that he's going to visit with the 76ers on Tuesday...

phillyphan4ever
08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
interesting...

BChydro86
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM
def interesting. the more guys on the roster the better i guess. cant complain when theyre coming so cheap anyway.

Fred
08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
The guy always annoyed me as a sixers fan, from the standpoint that he seemed to do something good against them....I agree that this is interesting

McPeak92
08-28-2008, 10:42 PM
cant hurt

cant really help to much

but cant hurt

PhillyForLife90
08-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Interesting indeed...I'd love to have him shoot 12 three pointers against the Raptors like he did to us 2 years ago or more...Seriously he'd be a nice pickup, so I'm all for it.

SeoulBeatz
08-28-2008, 11:43 PM
nice pickup if we snag him.

he cant hurt.

he could drain a key three here and there so ill def take him.

Iodine
08-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Interesting indeed...I'd love to have him shoot 12 three pointers against the Raptors like he did to us 2 years ago or more...Seriously he'd be a nice pickup, so I'm all for it.

key word is 2 years ago

he is to old

PhillyForLife90
08-29-2008, 12:07 AM
key word is 2 years ago

he is to old

Well he's 35..which is pretty old but he could be of some use to us though.

SeoulBeatz
08-29-2008, 12:27 AM
give him a year man, he'll just add to the depth and give us 2 3-point threats....

god i love this team, especially if donyell rounds it off

Andre/Lou/Ivey
Iggy/Green
Thad Young/ Rush/ Marshall
Elton Brand/ Reggie Evans/ Marreese Speights
Dalembert/ Ratliff/ Smith

phillyphan4ever
08-29-2008, 12:34 AM
yeaaa very deep bench

Bubba17
08-29-2008, 06:55 AM
You can only have 12 players dressed and if Donyell came that would give us 13...who would sit? Ivey?

McPeak92
08-29-2008, 08:47 AM
You can only have 12 players dressed and if Donyell came that would give us 13...who would sit? Ivey?

Hopefully Green but im guessing speights would go to the NBADL

FNM BOY
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
^^I dont see Speights spending any time in the D-League.

Shieldsz
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Speights in the D-League is pointless. I think the d-league contradicts intself. A lot of players that go don't get stronger as players... look at lou. Never spent a minute in the Dleague and is great.

I think you need to work you way up through practices.

I don't LIJKE Marshall but i don't mind him. If he can still hit a 3 then welcome aboard. I just rather have a Salim Stoudamire instead... just saying

SeoulBeatz
08-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Speights in the D-League is pointless. I think the d-league contradicts intself. A lot of players that go don't get stronger as players... look at lou. Never spent a minute in the Dleague and is great.

I don't LIJKE Marshall but i don't mind him. If he can still hit a 3 then welcome aboard. I just rather have a Salim Stoudamire instead... just saying

yeah but i cant imagine salim seeing anytime if he were here. he's just another undersized two guard which we already have in lou and green.

marshall is 6'9" so he is a misatch problem cus he plays SF. Hes a veteran and thats whats most important.

If we do sign him u gotta love the Veteran to Youth Ratio

Elton and Theo can teach Marreese and Sammy

Marshall can teach Thaddeus

Andre can teach Lou.

its beautiful

MylesKong
08-29-2008, 10:58 AM

What!!? Do you just make this stuff up? Hell yeah, Lou went to the D-league! Twice, if I'm not mistaken.

yeah but i cant imagine salim seeing anytime if he were here. he's just another undersized two guard which we already have in lou and green.

marshall is 6'9" so he is a misatch problem cus he plays SF. Hes a veteran and thats whats most important.

If we do sign him u gotta love the Veteran to Youth Ratio

Elton and Theo can teach Marreese and Sammy

Marshall can teach Thaddeus

Andre can teach Lou.

its beautiful

Other than helping him with his form on the long ball, I don't want Donyell teaching Thaddeus ****!
Get you head in the game Donyell...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaD2KOcKxQU

AirJordanXVIII
08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Wow. Very interesting. Big man who can shoot the 3 ball...

Theo + Marshall is pretty damn close to Jason Smith.

Sixerlover
08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Meh. Is he ever going to get on the court? We'll see.

qwestion13
08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
^^^ Yeah I thought Lou did go to the D-League at some point....

Phitin' Phan
08-29-2008, 01:15 PM

He played 1 career D-League game I believe and he dropped 35. All I remember was reading it on the Sixers website.

dbow1920
08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
He played 1 career D-League game I believe and he dropped 35. All I remember was reading it on the Sixers website.

i was about to say the same thing

MylesKong
08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
He went down for 3 games I think. He had that 35 point game and another when he had 28 pts, 10 assist. That's when Bobby Jones was a rookie.

SaintHollowTips
08-29-2008, 02:56 PM
First off, yea Lou was in the D-League we know that. Second of all, calling him "great" is a bit of a stretch. He's good, he's not GREAT.

Rafer Alston, Matt Barnes, Matt Carroll, Chuck Hayes, Devin Brown, Kelenna Azubuike, Bobby Simmons, Martell Webster, Mikki Moore, Jamario Moon, Andray Blatche.

Those are probably the most recognizable names, that were in the D-League at some point. So to say It's not worth it - Skip, Barnes, Hayes, Webster, and Simmons are all excellent examples of success.

AirJordanXVIII
08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Lou went down and played a couple of games....

^^ Good list.

Shieldsz
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Lou Will went to the dleague???

wow.

Only spent a few games though. I still stand by the fact that staying with the team and wokring your way up that way helps more than dleague. Many players can rock the D-league. Lou Amundson, Morris Almond. But I doubt either will ever see good minutes playing.

BADizzleBoY
08-29-2008, 11:00 PM
i think the d-league is one of the best thing the nba ever made for players, when lou was sent down he was struggling bad. He went down there for a week, a week and a half. He came back the next game and scored 11 points or something, but it was for sure above 10. It helps build players mental game imo.

HipSlappyJoe
08-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Old players who go to good teams mysteriously are nice role players. just sayin, look at the Celts

Ph1lly Diehard
08-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Even if he just comes in for 2-3 min. a game it is helping the team if he can drain a 3 pointer or 2..

It doesn't hurt at all, he is still a huge mismatch, and he can probably still shoot the 3 if the 76ers are going to give him a contract..

AirJordanXVIII
08-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Old players who go to good teams mysteriously are nice role players. just sayin, look at the Celts

Sam was already decent.... PJ Brown got open looks because they were double teaming KG, Ray, and Pierce.... Posey was always decent, and House was always a knock down shooter.

Sixerlover
08-30-2008, 11:44 AM
PJ Brown made me hate basketball in that game 7 game against the Cavs.. I mean what the hell was he doing in the back that turned him into batman?

ruslan898
09-04-2008, 11:48 PM
he is nothing special. Hell get his 15min/game

AirJordanXVIII
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
^^ PJ? He's not even in the league.

Sixerlover
09-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I think he's talking about Donyell.. Could be wrong though

Raider Front
09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
agreed

Raider Front
i can't wait

Raider Front
oops, wrong topic

sev66
09-30-2008, 12:00 AM
PJ was on the world champion Boston Celtics

Shieldsz
09-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes, good job. I reward you with a cookie.

:rolleyes:

edla423
09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
donyell is gettin too old and you cant count on his 3 point shot anymore.hes not a good idea to sign.trust me i would know..his son goes to my school.

Sixerlover
09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Okay, well he is still the 11 man on the team. The 5th or 6th man off the bench, so it isn't like we signed him to be the starting PF.

FNM BOY
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Exactly we just need him for about 5 to 8 minutes a game...if necessary.

phils07
09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
guys can we get something straight? DONYELL MARSHALL IS NOT A GOOD THREE POINT SHOOTER. look at the stats. hes 35, hes bad, just cuz he is CAPABLE of hitting a three doesnt mean he should shoot them. he wont be getting many minutes but he might take a little of someone more valuable like speights.

AirJordanXVIII
09-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Wait. If he's capable. Doesnt that EXACTLY mean he should shoot them?

And Speights shouldnt be getting much minutes regardless. We're a playoff team, and even if we werent we wouldnt tank.

phils07
09-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Wait. If he's capable. Doesnt that EXACTLY mean he should shoot them?

And Speights shouldnt be getting much minutes regardless. We're a playoff team, and even if we werent we wouldnt tank.

no it EXACTLY does NOT. willie green IS CAPABLE of hitting threes. but hes bad too. he shot 28 percent from three last year and for his career he is bad. donyell wasnt that much better last year or for a couple years before last. and for him to actually prove he is a good shooter, he would probably have to do that in high volumes...aint gona happen.

i am capable of hitting an nba three, like put me out there. i never said speights would be getting a lot of minutes. all i meant was that i would put speights or anyone else on the floor before donyell (unless literally the only thing he has done this summer is jack up tres...very improbable). again, he wont get many minutes, so it shouldnt be a big deal. but the notion that he is going to just LIGHT IT UP from downtown when he comes off the bench is just unfounded.

also its like a rookie never made a positive impact. have u forgotten thaddeus young? i believe the second youngest player in the league last year and he had a great impact on this team. we werent tanking. and putting speights in wouldnt mean that we would be tanking. it would mean dalembert or brand are tired and he can come in off the bench.

AirJordanXVIII
10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
When you tie a nba record for 3's made in a game (12), I think you pretty damn capable of shooting threes and should shoot them.

AirJordanXVIII
10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
no it EXACTLY does NOT. willie green IS CAPABLE of hitting threes. but hes bad too. he shot 28 percent from three last year and for his career he is bad. donyell wasnt that much better last year or for a couple years before last. and for him to actually prove he is a good shooter, he would probably have to do that in high volumes...aint gona happen.

i am capable of hitting an nba three, like put me out there. i never said speights would be getting a lot of minutes. all i meant was that i would put speights or anyone else on the floor before donyell (unless literally the only thing he has done this summer is jack up tres...very improbable). again, he wont get many minutes, so it shouldnt be a big deal. but the notion that he is going to just LIGHT IT UP from downtown when he comes off the bench is just unfounded.

a i lso its like a rookie never made a positive impact. have u forgotten thaddeus young? believe the second youngest player in the league last year and he had a great impact on this team. we werent tanking. and putting speights in wouldnt mean that we would be tanking. it would mean dalembert or brand are tired and he can come in off the bench.

Chances of that happening again....

5% - 0%