PDA

View Full Version : Sam I Am/Livingston

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Kirk Hinrich is out of tha picture so these two are in my opinion tha next players of intrest. I'm all for signing both of these guys... for tha right price that is. They both have they're pro's and cons, I wanna hear from other people about this

Sam Cassell
Pro's:
Sam Cassell is very tuff mentally and physically, he can get into opposing teams heads very easily.

He brings a great mid-range game, and is a solid post-up PG STILL.
He can distribute tha ball, and play good enough defense.

He won't put up with Melo or any of our players at that for whining and crying at tha refs everytime tha whistle doesn't blow.

Cassell is a great leader, and has 2 championships on his resume, to make our guys hungrier.

I only would sign him to a 1-year deal, I think he could solve our PG problems to an extent atleast for 1 season. I wouldn't wanna overpay him, nor would I wanna see him gettin more than 15-20 minutes a game.

Cons:
Cassell is older than tha hills.
In my opinion that's tha only thing wrong with this guy.

Shaun Livingston
Pro's
He's still young 22 years old I beleive... He still has alot of upside being so young. Look at KMart and Amare both players had horrific injuries, and are both solid. Of course Kenyon isnt on Amare's level but, still solid.

Where can you go wrong with a 6'7" PG?
He's a pass first type point guard

Cons:
He's coming off tha nastiest leg injury I beleive I've ever seen...
Will he be tha same player he was before tha injury?

Don't over-pay him becuz he's still in a way unproven. and only sign him to a 1 year deal for tha right price as well.

I made this thread cuz I was just on ESPN.com and I saw tha Shaun is gonna practice with tha Warriors, and it made me kinda sad to think "We might be passing up a bright young star"

Let me know what you guys think...

DenButsu
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Against Sam.

I'd approve Livingston for no more than $2 million on a contract that is guaranteed for only a single year and has two team option seasons after that.

I don't want to rehash my thoughts again and again, but I've said my reason why for both in a lot of other threads (usually w/ "Cassell" or "Livingston" in the title) if you want to dig them up.

C-Dub
08-28-2008, 10:39 PM
hey, livingston should just fly over to denver and work out with them, that would be good! about kmart and amare though, kmart has been back for a year, amare 2 or 3, hes had time to unrust himself and hes younger, im expecting kmart to have a huge season with camby gone, on O and D. Him and Nene are gonna be feared.

SlowMo
08-29-2008, 12:53 AM
No Sam. Please no Sam. I hated him as a non-nugget, I'll hate him more as a nugget. His good days are long gone. I'd rather have AC than Sam.

His game isn't that good, and even though he "wont put up with" our players whining to the refs, our players are the nuggets not Sam. Kenyon, Melo and AI have been together now for a couple years and together they all beleive they're great players and will do what they think they should. They aren't gonna listen to Sam ***** at them. Instead he'll just piss them off, then AI and Melo will play crappy cause they're pissed at Sam from the other planet.

I understand all the pros you have for Sam, but his style of leadership wont work on these guys. If our coach can't/won't do anything about it, neither will Sammy.

Livingston though, I'd be interested if he'll accept a one year deal for not too much money. Heck, if he worked out with us, ran the court with our team for a while and looked good, I think he'd be a great fit for the nuggets, he meets most of the criteria: previously injured, great talent but not lived up to his potential, interesting hair...

IversonIsKrazy
08-29-2008, 01:24 AM
livingston, i said it b4, i'll say it agian. Livingston will b the best PG fit 4 us. AI is 6'0, we need a tall PG so he can guard the sg's while AI can match-up w/ the pg's. at 6'7 giving him under $2 for 1year, how can we do wrong?

fly boy
08-29-2008, 02:02 PM
i really hope we can get livy that would be a good pick up..i hope he works out for us and we sign him if he's healthy enough as for cassel..NO!!! he's to old and should retire he had his time

DJiC
08-29-2008, 08:18 PM
well no livingston for us since the warriors are 1 pg less they are working him out... hell we didnt even work him out to see if he'd be good for us stupid move FO now hes most likely going to the warriors

fly boy
08-31-2008, 05:44 PM
we play the same way gs does but better we have better pieces n steve hess can help him out when needed i dont c y denver hasnt leaked anything out about anything lately i like the way we worked this offseason with resigning jr and all that and we need atleast a big man or a pg or both but they havent said anything i wonder what there plans r

DenButsu
08-31-2008, 08:48 PM
we play the same way gs does but better we have better pieces n steve hess can help him out when needed i dont c y denver hasnt leaked anything out about anything lately i like the way we worked this offseason with resigning jr and all that and we need atleast a big man or a pg or both but they havent said anything i wonder what there plans r

No, they've kept a tight lid on things, haven't they?

What we do know:

-J.R.'s been working his *** off in the gym this summer, and the FO is just impressed as hell. (This according to Wark when they announced the re-signing).

-Melo was working hard to branch out his game into its weakest areas on the Olympic team - his defense, being effective without the ball, his rebounding, and just generally speaking meshing in as a team player (I personally don't consider that a weakness of his, but he gets a lot of criticism for it and his Olympic play was decidedly team-oriented). Also, Melo's conditioning at the beginning of the Olympics was sub-par but he did get back on track and into game shape quickly enough - so that was a shot in the arm for having him show up for training camp in better shape.

-LK had a run of fantastic Olympic performances, capped (unfortunately) by choking bigtime in Lithuania's last two games. But taken as a whole, he looked really, really good out there, and I think his track of improvement will continue.

What we don't know - and this is the most crucial thing of all:

Nene's health and conditioning.

K-Mart's health and conditioning.

Atkins's health and conditioning.

Andersen's conditioning and game readiness.

Hunter's health and conditioning.

Weems' health, rehabilitation and conditioning.

Will we sign any additional free agents?

Those are my biggest concerns, in that order.

fly boy
08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
you are right on everything u just said i have to agree lol