PDA

View Full Version : Beckett scratched again, Will see Dr. James Andrews

futureheisman
08-28-2008, 05:13 PM
He will go see Dr. James Andrew as well this is getting scary.

Tragedy
08-28-2008, 05:16 PM
And his season is done, ladies and gents.

Tragedy
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Josh Beckett has been scratched from his scheduled start Friday and is scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews.
No details yet, but Beckett must have had more tingling in his hand yesterday and/or today. His bullpen session Tuesday reportedly went fine, causing him to be penciled in for Friday. The Red Sox figure to place him on the DL and call up someone -- perhaps David Pauley -- to start Friday.
Rotoworld.com

lil'papi
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Elbows are always SCARY.

drock
08-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Just heard on espn something loose in his elbow bad news he is done for the year

celticfan
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Not good for the our playoff push:down:

-Lavigne43-
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-28-2008, 07:22 PM

sboyajian
08-28-2008, 07:36 PM
He hasn't been overly effective this year and we've been just as good while he's been out now and at the beginning. It sucks he hasn't been himself, but I'm not overly upset about it.

futureheisman
08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
#$^*(

smokey2444
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
It's hard not disappointed by this news. Makes one ask why he didn't have his elbow looked at earlier in the season. If this turns out to be serious than we may not see him again until this time next season.

lil'papi
08-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Flexor tendon was mentioned last night, that's not good. Beckett is his own worst enemy throwing through elbow pain is silly.
All pitchers get sore and tweaks , but elbow you sit down and tell people.

sboyajian
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Flexor tendon was mentioned last night, that's not good. Beckett is his own worst enemy throwing through elbow pain is silly.
All pitchers get sore and tweaks , but elbow you sit down and tell people.

Beckett puts a lot on himself.. you can almost read the story in his eyes..

Schilling not coming back.
Dice-K scary to watch
Buccholz doesn't have it right now
Colon on DL
Masterson in the pen
I'm hurting, but they need me to pitch.. deal with it.

knittingmill
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
lil' papi 100%. players playing hurt for an extended period isn't heroic but stupid. if lowell had been given time off instead of playing through the pain he wouldn't be on the DL. you don't wanna be a crybaby but you've gotta be man enough to admit something's not right.

RedSoxtober
08-29-2008, 08:26 AM
It's hard not disappointed by this news. Makes one ask why he didn't have his elbow looked at earlier in the season. If this turns out to be serious than we may not see him again until this time next season.

Not sure why you'd ask that. If he'd done it we would have thrown in the towel and complained about losing him this season. If he misses time it really doesn't matter when it occurs.

I know that Dr. James Andrews name strikes fear into most fans (and probably a bunch of players, too) but it's worth noting that Beckett has a long history with him and this may be as much a reflection of his trust in a long-time doctor as anything.

Ever since experiencing arm problems when he was 19 years old, Beckett has had a strong relationship with Andrews, and he has often spoken about the enormous trust he has in him.

"We don't want to put any pitcher in a position where he has to take the mound at anything less than 100 percent," said Epstein. "We think this is the right move. We had him penciled in. I think you could tell from our answers to you guys the last couple of days, this might be a possibility. It's the right thing to do."

In his session with reporters on Wednesday, Beckett admitted how much the elbow problem has been weighing on him.

"It's tough," Beckett said. "I think mentally it's equally as hard as physically. There's some sleepless nights. You're thinking about all kinds of stuff and generally whenever you're dealing with something like this, you end up thinking the worst and not necessarily staying optimistic all the time."

And that, ultimately, is the main reason he's going to see a man he has long confided in.

"We're always concerned for all our pitchers when they're less than 100 percent, but we're pretty optimistic," Epstein said. "This thing is getting better. It just makes sense. Josh has a great relationship with Dr. Andrews; he's an accomplished doctor. We hope he comes back and can take the ball pretty soon."
Source: MLB.com

Maineiac
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
David Pauley on Saturday now!.................UGH>>>>>>> I got two tickets who's interested..........THIS SUCKS

lil'papi
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm not sold on Epstein's theory. Same theory he had when Schilling had a sore arm.

Andrews is a friend of his and they speak all the time. That might explain the decision to get a look see before any damage is done , or made worse.

Hope for the best.

sboyajian , I could not agree more. Every great player thinks that way. This explains the missing -eye of the tiger- this year from him too.

Brooke
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Not good :(

This is a really big blow

BRADY4MVP
08-29-2008, 11:00 AM
:pray: uh oh