Beno7500
08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Sounds like he/they won't fire Reggie.

DES
08-28-2008, 10:48 AM
crazy....guys

Remmni
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Why would he fire Reggie. Look the Maloofs new we were going to get young real fast. So we got one of the best motivational College coaches with basketball experience to back up his talk. He will groom our youth and get the most out of them then he can ride the wave of championships

SlowRide
08-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I would trust the Maloof's opinion. I would guess Malloof is not forking over the cash without a good plan, and he sounds pretty excited about the "plan."--I am too. At least with a young team, there is more hope for the future when watching a growing team, rather than a team on its way down. Up is good for me.

RocketsRule
08-30-2008, 01:16 PM
7th or 8th seed is a long-shot....

Especially without Artest, who was a huge part of our team, and we didn't even make it last year. However, if Kevin Martin, Fransisco Garcia, John Salmons, and the others' step up there game, there might be a slim chance of us making it. It would be super hard, however, due to the numerous playoff caliber teams.

warrior007
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
No way the Kings make it this year. Too many good teams in the West. Lakers, Hornets, Rockets, Jazz, Spurs are 1-5, then you gotta get past Portland, Suns, Mavs, Warriors, Clips, and the Nuggets.
Best thing that could happen for the Kings would be to trade a few more big contracts (Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, Rahim) and suck this year so you can move up in the draft a get a stud. Then use some of that cap room.
Petrie knows what he is doing though...and the Kings have some nice pieces. Aint happening this year though.
Hope Reggie doesn't take the blame for not making the playoffs (phil jackson would miss it with this group if he was coach).

RocketsRule
08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
No way the Kings make it this year. Too many good teams in the West. Lakers, Hornets, Rockets, Jazz, Spurs are 1-5, then you gotta get past Portland, Suns, Mavs, Warriors, Clips, and the Nuggets.
Best thing that could happen for the Kings would be to trade a few more big contracts (Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, Rahim) and suck this year so you can move up in the draft a get a stud. Then use some of that cap room.
Petrie knows what he is doing though...and the Kings have some nice pieces. Aint happening this year though.
Hope Reggie doesn't take the blame for not making the playoffs (phil jackson would miss it with this group if he was coach).

Couldn't agree more. This isn't are year, although it will be in 2-3 more years.

Although, I think we are gonna hold on to Shareef Abdur Rahim, Kenny Thomas, and Brad Miller because all of them expire before the legendary 2010 free agency. That is what I think Petrie is doing, getting contracts that expire before 2010, and getting young talent as well. So far, he has done a great job doing this, he has done it much better than a few other teams (ala Knicks).

Kyle N.
09-25-2008, 01:35 AM
You know now that I think of it. The 8th seed doesn't sound too unreasonable.The Nuggets seem to be on the downturn. The Warriors lost Ellis for however long I don't remember. The Clippers got Baron, but besides him they really don't have much. The Kings could seriously step it up this year. They were able to beat quality teams last year and yeah I know they don't have Artest, but still, we might be suprised.

Beno7500
09-25-2008, 01:45 AM
^^^ i agree

sacgiants1213
09-25-2008, 01:55 AM
sneaking into the 8th slot and pulling a 1st round upset a la gs/dal would be awesome. anything can happen in this league. everyone has equal shot at making the playoffs. we just need kmart to play all 82 and all the youngs to contribute right away.

Kings Faithful
09-25-2008, 02:33 AM
And if someone were to upset a number 1 or 2 seed it would be the Kings...considering how well we play against better competition. As long as we stick to the game plan and dont choke we can beat anyone....except mabye the Celtics..i didn't even see us get close to them last year but who knows.

Pipes
09-25-2008, 03:00 AM
I know were on the verge of preseaon and optimisum should be at a high... but with that said.... Guy's there is no way in hell were getting the 8th seed let alone the 7th...:laugh2: It sounds like to me that the Maloofs are smoke'n to much of the endo..... And are in serious need of pulling their head out of the clouds and realize this team is still atleast a year away if not more...

Beno7500
09-25-2008, 10:18 AM
^ Joykill, also, who though portland could pull 41 wins last season?

kfranks22
09-25-2008, 05:40 PM
The fact of the matter is that the West is just too deep, and we just arent quite there yet. We will probably be one of about six teams going for one spot, and will almost certainly be on the outside looking in. It's not being a buzzkill thinking this way, it's being realistic. The positives are that we are on our way up while most other teams are headed the other way. Give it a year, maybe two, and we should be contenders in the West for years too come!!!

Pipes
09-25-2008, 09:44 PM
The fact of the matter is that the West is just too deep, and we just arent quite there yet. We will probably be one of about six teams going for one spot, and will almost certainly be on the outside looking in. It's not being a buzzkill thinking this way, it's being realistic. The positives are that we are on our way up while most other teams are headed the other way. Give it a year, maybe two, and we should be contenders in the West for years too come!!!

That's was the point I was trying to make.... I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or anything...But we are a few years away guys... Why get are expectations so high that in the likly hood there not met you'll get all bumed...No.. we are on our way up.. But I truly feel though until we get one siginficant surge in talent (Big trade, Big FA or Big Draft prospect) were going to be hanging where were at...

I like Martin like many of you... but until we can land someone to help compliment him on the court he's going to be like Mitch was when he was here... (A lone Gunman) I feel the up grade has to be at PF... If Thompson works out then GREAT!!! ... but I'm not going to put all my eggs into his basket qwite yet... But I love your guy's optimisum... I'm a realist so I'll just sit back watch this thing unfold with my epectations at an improved team but a team still missing a crucial peace...

Kyle N.
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I know were on the verge of preseaon and optimisum should be at a high... but with that said.... Guy's there is no way in hell were getting the 8th seed let alone the 7th...:laugh2: It sounds like to me that the Maloofs are smoke'n to much of the endo..... And are in serious need of pulling their head out of the clouds and realize this team is still atleast a year away if not more...

If there's no way in hell, then tell me which 8 teams you think will make the playoffs.

kfranks22
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
If there's no way in hell, then tell me which 8 teams you think will make the playoffs.

1.) LA
2.) NO
3.) SA
4.) Utah
5.) Houston
6.) Phoenix
7.) Portland
8.) Denver
9.) Dallas
10.)Golden State

Also possibly the Clippers (probably not) and the T-Wolves won't be there this year but they have a decent young core

I would put the Kings in the 8-11 range, the same place they were last year, and there is a small chance they could sneak in and surprise some people. But putting playoff expectations on this team at this point is simply unfair, but that could change by mid-season depending on how some of our young players progress.

Beno7500
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
^^I doubt Portland will make it. We are going to be better than Denver and Golden State.^^

kfranks22
09-25-2008, 11:19 PM
^^I doubt Portland will make it. We are going to be better than Denver and Golden State.^^

Portland is better than we are at this point, and we are not definitively better than Denver or G.S. We will probably finish above G.S. because they will be w/o Monte, but when he's out there they are be a better team at this point. Denver should finish ahead of us simply because of the offensive firepower on their team. Again, I give the Kings a fighting chance, I'm just not willing to put them in the playoffs at this point.

Kyle N.
09-25-2008, 11:24 PM
1.) LA
2.) NO
3.) SA
4.) Utah
5.) Houston
6.) Phoenix
7.) Portland
8.) Denver
9.) Dallas
10.)Golden State

Also possibly the Clippers (probably not) and the T-Wolves won't be there this year but they have a decent young core

I would put the Kings in the 8-11 range, the same place they were last year, and there is a small chance they could sneak in and surprise some people. But putting playoff expectations on this team at this point is simply unfair, but that could change by mid-season depending on how some of our young players progress.

Though I realize it's very unlikely they'll make the playoffs I'm just saying it may not be as unreasonable as some people think. And how is it not fair to put playoffs expectations on them? Nobody goes into the season wanting to win only 38 games. Every team should expect to make the playoffs every year.

Beno7500
09-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Though I realize it's very unlikely they'll make the playoffs I'm just saying it may not be as unreasonable as some people think. And how is it not fair to put playoffs expectations on them? Nobody goes into the season wanting to win only 38 games. Every team should expect to make the playoffs every year.

That's Kevin Martins' mind set going into this season, Playoffs.

kfranks22
09-25-2008, 11:40 PM

I'm not referring to the players, your right, the players should always expect to not only make the playoffs, they should expect to win the championship. What I'm saying is if this team makes the playoffs this year it should be an added bonus to us as fans. The most important thing this year imo, is the progression of our young core Hawes, Thompson, and Greene, along obviously with K Mart. We just need to keep the future in perspective and not so much worry about being an 8 seed and a first round exit.

Beno7500
09-25-2008, 11:42 PM
[/B]

I'm not referring to the players, your right, the players should always expect to not only make the playoffs, they should expect to win the championship. What I'm saying is if this team makes the playoffs this year it should be an added bonus to us as fans. The most important thing this year imo, is the progression of our young core Hawes, Thompson, and Greene, along obviously with K Mart. We just need to keep the future in perspective and not so much worry about being an 8 seed and a first round exit.

Couldn't agree more.

hyphy king 88
09-26-2008, 12:02 AM
I think we can be anywhere between the 7-11th seeds.

Beno7500
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
And I don' think the West is as strong as last year. Last year was an amazing time for the west and I think it was a 1 year thing.

Kyle N.
09-26-2008, 12:48 AM
[/B]

Yeah ok, I see what you're saying.

Pipes
09-26-2008, 12:54 AM

1.) LA
2.) NO
3.) SA
4.) Utah
5.) Houston
6.) Phoenix
7.) Portland
8.) Denver
9.) Dallas
10.)Golden State

That was pretty much what I thought... I think Dallas is better the where he has them placed!... and I'm not sure Portland (even though I really like them) has the eperience yet to compete at a high level consitantly... in what I feel is still a extremley difficult Confrence! If Sac expects to reach the just the 8th seed they'll need to take Giant leaps this season... and with us still being pretty young like Portland I just don't see it THIS YEAR ... but this is just my opinion...

Kyle N.
09-26-2008, 01:29 AM
That was pretty much what I thought... I think Dallas is better the where he has them placed!... and I'm not sure Portland (even though I really like them) has the eperience yet to compete at a high level consitantly... in what I feel is still a extremley difficult Confrence! If Sac expects to reach the just the 8th seed they'll need to take Giant leaps this season... and with us still being pretty young like Portland I just don't see it THIS YEAR ... but this is just my opinion...

For the record, I understand what everybody is saying on this issue and I will listen to and respect all opinions and there is nothing personal in anything I post, they're just arguments and discussions regarding basketball. Now what your saying is the Kings need a giant leap to pass other teams, but we're assuming that all the other teams are going to get better or stay the same. I'm saying if the Kings get a litte bit better and the other teams get a little bit worse, maybe we can pass them up. Look at how the Heat dropped. Maybe it will happen to a couple West teams that we're close to in positioning. Maybe not as dramatic as the Heat, but anything is possible.

Beno7500
09-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Warriors, Mavs, Denver, Spurs (maybe), and Phoenix are all on the downside

Pipes
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
But that still doesn't make us better then them... They still have the 1 thing that we just don't... And that's experiance...I agree were heading in opposite directions with us heading up! but that still doesn't mean were going to get in... Like i've said I'm just going to sit back.. watch this thing unfold and hope the Kings can put themselves in a position to slide into a Playoff spot...

DerekRE_3
09-26-2008, 01:24 PM
The Maloofs are going to be disappointed at the end of the season.