PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum.

Pages : [1] 2

TMAC94
08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
What has the future got for this guy? people are high on him as they probally should be, but he was injuried, personally in his prime i dont think he will be good as shaq was. im tihnking 19 points 12 rebounds in his prime, his gonnna have the same numbers as he did last year probally like 14 points 10 rebounds coz of Bryant and Gasol and even odom, what u guys think he will be in his prime and even next season?

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
He is average

lakers4sho
08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
After Kobe's era with the Lakers, which is probably 5-6 years from now, Bynum will only be around 26 y.o, which will still give him a good 5 years to hit his prime and adjust to being the main option of the Lakers.

With Kobe/Odom, he was already posting 20/10 numbers in limited minutes.

rhino17
08-27-2008, 11:59 PM
another overrated player in the book of rhino

ARMIN12NBA
08-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Shaq was amazing. I doubt a lot of people are going to be as good as him. Anyways.

Prime? 25-15-3 is close to a best-case scenario
Next Season? 16-12-2 is close to a best-case scenario

goku
08-28-2008, 12:01 AM
yes overrated

TMAC94
08-28-2008, 12:04 AM
i was thinking he was overrated but i was gonna think everyone would bash me

ARMIN12NBA
08-28-2008, 12:04 AM
yes overrated

This is not an overrated and underrated thread. Read it. It is asking for what you think his prime numbers will be and what his numbers next year will be.

TMAC94
08-28-2008, 12:07 AM
actually his not overrated, he is unproven, he will never be like shaq, and i dont think many players will.

14 and 10 next season

19 and 12 in his prime if lucky

dre1990
08-28-2008, 12:08 AM
he will be a 20/10 guy

LAcowBOMBER
08-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Why are people saying 19pts? Have you seen him? With his size and footwork I think 19 is a pretty conservative statement. He will get 19 even if he doesn't reach his full potential.

pmmr2113
08-28-2008, 12:17 AM
hate hate hate hate hate

he'll be a beast in his prime 20-15-3 AT LEAST

nygiants242
08-28-2008, 12:24 AM
22, 12, 3 in his prime. Do you guys realize how young he is? theres no ceiling to his potential right now

SAVAGE CLAW
08-28-2008, 12:27 AM
He will be third option while Kobe and Gasol are there.

If they dont win this year and kobe opts out he will be Second to Gasol.

If they stay togheter he will be Second to Gasol After Kobe Retires and Second to New Star taken in FA or via Gasol Trade.

He wont ever be a first option, he lacks heart for that.

mrblisterdundee
08-28-2008, 12:29 AM
If the Lakers play team ball, then Bynum won't have the most impressive stats. The area he will be able to develop in the most is being a defensive anchor. Rebounds will be his most impressive statistic.

TMAC94
08-28-2008, 12:35 AM
If the Lakers play team ball, then Bynum won't have the most impressive stats. The area he will be able to develop in the most is being a defensive anchor. Rebounds will be his most impressive statistic.

but they dont play team ball they play bryant ball and if he hasnt got a shot, he'll make himself get one pass it too gasol or best option but mainly gasol

amare#1
08-28-2008, 12:36 AM
I hate the Lakers but there is no denying that the kid will be a superstar. He's only 20 and he is going to be a rebounding machine with those freakishly long arms. I'd say best possible outcome in his prime once Kobe, Odom and Gasol are gone would be 25,15,3asts,3blocks.

lakers4sho
08-28-2008, 12:39 AM
but they dont play team ball they play bryant ball and if he hasnt got a shot, he'll make himself get one pass it too gasol or best option but mainly gasol

They play Bryant ball?? Have you actually seen a Laker game before??

SAVAGE CLAW
08-28-2008, 12:39 AM
If things kept any logic Kobe should score like 25 a game Pau like 20 , Odom like 15 ( since he is a veteran) and Developing BYnum should be happy with 10 points a game this year.

theimortalone
08-28-2008, 12:43 AM
hate hate hate hate hate

Are you serious? 20-15-3? Maybe with the scoring and the blocks, but 15 rebs???? I dont think so. Maybe 20-10-2 at the highest.

ShaunRiching9
08-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Overrated

SeoulBeatz
08-28-2008, 01:02 AM
he is overrated by laker fans, but its okay cus the kid def has skill.

i see 18-20 and 10-11 in his prime.

but of course he wont be as good as shaq was... def no to that

Hotone1401
08-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Shaq is one of a kind. We won't see another player like him in my opinion. Shaq in his prime and even before that was very very big man with a great amount of agility that most forget. Andrew Bynum is nothing like him. Seriously, who else but Shaq could push the ball up on a fastbreak with the size that he had. It was comical and impressive.

Antbanks21
08-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Overrated

HATER

LAcowBOMBER
08-28-2008, 01:41 AM

If they stay togheter he will be Second to Gasol After Kobe Retires and Second to New Star taken in FA or via Gasol Trade.

He's gona be better than Gasol in 2-3 years, if not this year. He has the strenghth to go up against anyone(unlike Pau) and he's so young. There is no ceiling on this kid, or atleast it's very high

grega1976
08-28-2008, 02:01 AM
He's gona be better than Gasol in 2-3 years, if not this year. He has the strenghth to go up against anyone(unlike Pau) and he's so young. There is no ceiling on this kid, or atleast it's very high

He doesn't have the strength to go up against Yao or Dwight. And there is a cieling on everyone and everything. Especially people coming off of knee surgery, who had complications. Remember people he was supposed to be back last year before the playoffs, he wasn't.
The truth is ALMOST ALL Lakers fans WAY over rate this guy. He will probably be an above average C. 16-18 10-12 2.5
And people should really quit with what he averaged last year. it was only 35 games. Dampier averaged 13 12 2 for 74 games his last year with the Warriors, how good is he?

agnine
08-28-2008, 02:11 AM
13 and 10 in 27mpg. For all the microfracture quoters out there, he didn't come back last season for 2 reasons
1. LAL got Gasol and were playing very good B-Ball
2. Amare. The Suns had him take an extended leave after his surgery and he didn't miss a step. Part of the reason why was that he was so young. Most likely scenario is that Bynum comes back at full strength.

Bynum won't be as physically dominate as Shaq, but he is learning the game from the Captain, who is teaching him to play smart and developing a smart post game. He will be 24 and 14 in 2 years, but he could do it this year.

LAcowBOMBER
08-28-2008, 02:13 AM
He doesn't have the strength to go up against Yao or Dwight. And there is a cieling on everyone and everything. Especially people coming off of Microfracture surgery, who had complications. Remember people he was supposed to be back last year before the playoffs, he wasn't.
The truth is ALMOST ALL Lakers fans WAY over rate this guy. He will probably be an above average C. 16-18 10-12 2.5

Yea, that's why I said or atleast it's very high. And he might not be as strong as Dwight, but he could hold his own, and he isn't even done developing physically.

ARMIN12NBA
08-28-2008, 02:13 AM
If things kept any logic Kobe should score like 25 a game Pau like 20 , Odom like 15 ( since he is a veteran) and Developing BYnum should be happy with 10 points a game this year.

He averaged 15 PPG as a starter last year though (while shooting at an NBA-BEST 64%). If anything, Odoms points will go down and not up from last year.

ARMIN12NBA
08-28-2008, 02:19 AM
He doesn't have the strength to go up against Yao or Dwight. And there is a cieling on everyone and everything. Especially people coming off of Microfracture surgery, who had complications. Remember people he was supposed to be back last year before the playoffs, he wasn't.
And people should really quit with what he averaged last year. it was only 35 games. Dampier averaged 13 12 2 for 74 games his last year with the Warriors, how good is he?

He did not have microfracture surgery, people! He had a minor scope done, which is why he was back on the practice court within a few weeks. It was a very successful surgery. Microfracture, which is the worst surgery in sports, will take a player out for an entire year (a la Oden). Bynum had the surgery in June and was back playing in July. He was fine, but he delayed on the surgery because they thought it wasn't needed. It turned out it was needed so he had the minor surgery done.

BTW--Dampier may have averaged that, but he was at age 29 when he averaged 12, 12, and 2 (shooting 53%). Andrew Bynum is a 20 year old kid averaging 15, 11, and 2 as a starter (shooting 66%). There is a huge difference.

LAKERS 24/7
08-28-2008, 02:33 AM
For people doubting laker fans for saying he will come back strong after his surgery, would you beleive his doctor?

http://www.andrewbynum.com/index.cfm...095/pid/400026

Dr. Z "Blogs" on Bynum

Attention: All Andrew Bynum/ Laker Fans..........He's Back!!!!!

Allow me to formally introduce myself; I am Dr. Sean Zarzana (Dr. Z), Andrew’s personal trainer. I am pleased to report that Andrew has earned a Sunday day of rest after 10 straight days of grueling re-conditioning. He arrived in Atlanta late on the 23rd of July and wasted no time beginning his training the next morning.

Andrew wanted me to share with all of you what the last ten days have looked like from his perspective. It all begins on the track at about 7:30-8:00 a.m. each morning for a serious hour and a half workout. We must begin early because after all,....... this is “Hotlanta” and after 9:30 a.m. one could practically melt! Immediately following extensive work on the track we move on to resistance (weight) training in the weight room for about a one-hour session. Basketball is the last activity for the morning/afternoon session and varies from one to three hours. Later that evening he is again put to the test for one more conditioning activity which usually lasts for about an hour and a half. That only leaves time for healthy eating and much needed sleep. This guy is a serious worker; you almost can’t give him enough.

At lunch on Saturday, Andrew said something that made me realize that he’s back. While eating grilled chicken and green beans he was cradling a basketball as if he were holding an infant in his arms. (Keep in mind, this was in the middle of a fairly busy restaurant). He excitedly yet softly spoke the following words, “Yo Z I can’t wait for this season.” There is a look in his eyes and a confidence in his workouts that should get all in Lakerland really excited.

Check back as we will update his workouts and progress from time to time!

Yours Truly,

Dr. Z!

grega1976
08-28-2008, 02:34 AM
He did not have microfracture surgery, people! He had a minor scope done, which is why he was back on the practice court within a few weeks. It was a very successful surgery. Microfracture, which is the worst surgery in sports, will take a player out for an entire year (a la Oden). Bynum had the surgery in June and was back playing in July. He was fine, but he delayed on the surgery because they thought it wasn't needed. It turned out it was needed so he had the minor surgery done.

BTW--Dampier may have averaged that, but he was at age 29 when he averaged 12, 12, and 2 (shooting 53%). Andrew Bynum is a 20 year old kid averaging 15, 11, and 2 as a starter (shooting 66%). There is a huge difference.

Edited

I am not by any means trying to say Bynum=Dampier.. however the sample on Bynum is too small to say what he will be. Especially coming back from an injury. He had a good 35 games. Not great good. However, I'm not going to get too excited about him till he does something for a season. I mean Lakers fans act as if he is the greatest C in the NBA because he averaged 13 10
but people say Yao is overrated when he averages 22 11. BTW I was living in Vegas all last season and saw pretty much every lakers game, and have to say Bynum's pts are drastically inflated due to playing with Kobe. The dude has no shot outside 5ft and no moves. He gets his points just like Tyson Chandler, he has a great G that draws the D and allows for easy baskets. Put Bynum on a team where he had to be the #1 option and he wouldn't be ****.

pmmr2113
08-28-2008, 02:35 AM
you guys assume that lamar odom is going to be the third option, while i'm pretty sure he won't. for those saying that the lakers play kobe ball, he passes the ball 50% of the time he touches it, while lebron james, a player labeled as unselfish, passes it 55%. not much of a difference. so to say kobe is selfish, won't pass the ball, all about himself, should really have something new to say because its already overused. now back to bynum, as far as people saying he wont average 15 boards, he rebounded 23% of defensive rebounds opportunties while he was on the court, that's about top 10 in the league. 10% on the offensive rebound, again top 10 in the league. and to say that his touches will go down, he didn't get many last year so there's no way it'll go down. he's not the type of player to hold the ball and the offense up like pau gasol is, they both play very different styles of basketball. pau finishes with finesse around the basket while bynum finished hard at the rim. so at the percentage at which he makes shots, he really doesn't need many shots to score 20. on top of all of that, he got fouled 20% of the time he shot the ball last year, and made 70% of his free throws, so scoring 20 pts per game is not farfetched. so haters, please shut up. :)

god i hope he has heart, if not then RIP andrew bynum (10-27-1987 - 8-27
-2008)

LAKERS 24/7
08-28-2008, 02:37 AM
I hate the Lakers but there is no denying that the kid will be a superstar. He's only 20 and he is going to be a rebounding machine with those freakishly long arms. I'd say best possible outcome in his prime once Kobe, Odom and Gasol are gone would be 25,15,3asts,3blocks.

Beleive this guy people. He's probably saying that because he witnessed what Bynum could do first hand. He dominated Amare in the games they played this season. Not trying to bait here, but its kinda true. (I love Amare :))

grega1976
08-28-2008, 02:38 AM
For people doubting laker fans for saying he will come back strong after his surgery, would you beleive his doctor?http://www.andrewbynum.com/index.cfm...095/pid/400026

Dr. Z "Blogs" on Bynum

Attention: All Andrew Bynum/ Laker Fans..........He's Back!!!!!

Allow me to formally introduce myself; I am Dr. Sean Zarzana (Dr. Z), Andrew’s personal trainer. I am pleased to report that Andrew has earned a Sunday day of rest after 10 straight days of grueling re-conditioning. He arrived in Atlanta late on the 23rd of July and wasted no time beginning his training the next morning.

Andrew wanted me to share with all of you what the last ten days have looked like from his perspective. It all begins on the track at about 7:30-8:00 a.m. each morning for a serious hour and a half workout. We must begin early because after all,....... this is “Hotlanta” and after 9:30 a.m. one could practically melt! Immediately following extensive work on the track we move on to resistance (weight) training in the weight room for about a one-hour session. Basketball is the last activity for the morning/afternoon session and varies from one to three hours. Later that evening he is again put to the test for one more conditioning activity which usually lasts for about an hour and a half. That only leaves time for healthy eating and much needed sleep. This guy is a serious worker; you almost can’t give him enough.

At lunch on Saturday, Andrew said something that made me realize that he’s back. While eating grilled chicken and green beans he was cradling a basketball as if he were holding an infant in his arms. (Keep in mind, this was in the middle of a fairly busy restaurant). He excitedly yet softly spoke the following words, “Yo Z I can’t wait for this season.” There is a look in his eyes and a confidence in his workouts that should get all in Lakerland really excited.

Check back as we will update his workouts and progress from time to time!

Yours Truly,

Dr. Z!

No I don't believe any doctors.. Remember Dr's are the ones who said he would be back within a couple weeks of the original injury. How accurate were they on that?

grega1976
08-28-2008, 02:40 AM
you guys assume that lamar odom is going to be the third option, while i'm pretty sure he won't. for those saying that the lakers play kobe ball, he passes the ball 50% of the time he touches it, while lebron james, a player labeled as unselfish, passes it 55%. not much of a difference. so to say kobe is selfish, won't pass the ball, all about himself, should really have something new to say because its already overused. now back to bynum, as far as people saying he wont average 15 boards, he rebounded 23% of defensive rebounds opportunties while he was on the court, that's about top 10 in the league. 10% on the offensive rebound, again top 10 in the league. and to say that his touches will go down, he didn't get many last year so there's no way it'll go down. he's not the type of player to hold the ball and the offense up like pau gasol is, they both play very different styles of basketball. pau finishes with finesse around the basket while bynum finished hard at the rim. so at the percentage at which he makes shots, he really doesn't need many shots to score 20. on top of all of that, he got fouled 20% of the time he shot the ball last year, and made 70% of his free throws, so scoring 20 pts per game is not farfetched. so haters, please shut up. :)

god i hope he has heart, if not then RIP andrew bynum (10-27-1987 - 8-27
-2008)

Do you got links for all that info you spewed? or are you just throwin out numbers?

ARMIN12NBA
08-28-2008, 02:45 AM
No I don't believe any doctors.. Remember Dr's are the ones who said he would be back within a couple weeks of the original injury. How accurate were they on that?

They said 8 weeks if everything went great. It took longer. Big deal.

BTW-- This doctor is more of Bynum's personal trainer. He trains Bynum so he is not really evaluating his health (which is good anyways), but actually his play.

pmmr2113
08-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Do you got links for all that info you spewed? or are you just throwin out numbers?
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Andrew-Bynum-428/stats/

want some more?

LAKERS 24/7
08-28-2008, 03:18 AM

anymore questions big boy?

GspLAL
08-28-2008, 03:32 AM
What has the future got for this guy? people are high on him as they probally should be, but he was injuried, personally in his prime i dont think he will be good as shaq was. im tihnking 19 points 12 rebounds in his prime, his gonnna have the same numbers as he did last year probally like 14 points 10 rebounds coz of Bryant and Gasol and even odom, what u guys think he will be in his prime and even next season?

No he wont be that good, If Shaq was at least decent at the strike (70%ish) then he would have been the best center all time, but he has HUGE potential. In the short time that Laker fans saw him play, it seemed like he was improving every day. his footwork will be amazing and hes shown that he worked on a jump hook already. When you throw up a lob you know hes gonna get it, plus we had good post defense with him there, hopefully injuries dont slow him down.

LAcowBOMBER
08-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Edited

I am not by any means trying to say Bynum=Dampier.. however the sample on Bynum is too small to say what he will be. Especially coming back from an injury. He had a good 35 games. Not great good. However, I'm not going to get too excited about him till he does something for a season. I mean Lakers fans act as if he is the greatest C in the NBA because he averaged 13 10
but people say Yao is overrated when he averages 22 11. BTW I was living in Vegas all last season and saw pretty much every lakers game, and have to say Bynum's pts are drastically inflated due to playing with Kobe. The dude has no shot outside 5ft and no moves. He gets his points just like Tyson Chandler, he has a great G that draws the D and allows for easy baskets. Put Bynum on a team where he had to be the #1 option and he wouldn't be ****.

I don't know what games you were watching then. Bynum has moves. He may have no shot outside of 10 ft (c'mon 5) but he's a center. What was Shaq's range?

Bleeds Blue
08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
there is no way that anyone will compare to shaq but bynum has some serious talent. his post moves are improving and of course he is a dunk machine with those huge arms of his. the guy avergaged more than 10 rebounds a game in 29 minutes a game last year. people say that he hasnt proven himself as a good center are wrong. anyone who watched those 35 games saw that he was consistently putting up 15 10 and 2. the thing is he hasnt yet established himself as a star. hes not going to get star type numbers with all those other great players the lakers have but he certainly should be awesome. in his prime where he becomes the 2nd option (he'l always be # 2 with kobe on the team even when kobe is in his mid 30s) i can definitely see 18-22 ppg 12 rpg and 2 bpg with solid post defense

innovator
08-28-2008, 04:50 AM
20/13 minimum in his prime

Chronz
08-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Are you serious? 20-15-3? Maybe with the scoring and the blocks, but 15 rebs???? I dont think so. Maybe 20-10-2 at the highest.
Rebounding%
Dwight Howard : 21.7 ranked 1st
Andrew Bynum : 19.6 ranked 5th

If there is one thing we know about Bynum is that the Kid can rebound. If hes averaging 20PTS its because hes getting the minutes, and if hes getting the minutes hes going to average atleast 14 rebounds especially if he continues to improve. If hes not averaging those rebounds it will be because the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the league.

As for his potential, its unlimited. He has all the tool, his per possession/minute numbers are through the roof, he doesnt have to be a focal point to have great stats (something Ive been trying to drill into you guys for awhile now), if hes not the focal point it means hes getting easier looks, easier looks = higher efficiency. I can see him being an all-star as early as next year.

AllTheWay
08-28-2008, 05:31 AM
Rebounding%
Dwight Howard : 21.7 ranked 1st
Andrew Bynum : 19.6 ranked 5th

If there is one thing we know about Bynum is that the Kid can rebound. If hes averaging 20PTS its because hes getting the minutes, and if hes getting the minutes hes going to average atleast 14 rebounds especially if he continues to improve. If hes not averaging those rebounds it will be because the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the league.

As for his potential, its unlimited. He has all the tool, his per possession/minute numbers are through the roof, he doesnt have to be a focal point to have great stats (something Ive been trying to drill into you guys for awhile now), if hes not the focal point it means hes getting easier looks, easier looks = higher efficiency. I can see him being an all-star as early as next year.

:nod:

LakerzDQ
08-28-2008, 08:28 AM

agree.

I think he was a better rebounder than Chandler before his injury, and if he's in fact in top shape when he comes back, I can look forward to seeing him average 11+ rebounds per game.

Bynum will NEVER be a Shaq, he'll never be Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, Bill Russell, Patrick Ewing, or any of those great centers. but to me, he's a prototype center. you know, very good rebounding, very good shot blocking, very good defensive player, very big, good dunker, above-average passer from the post, very strong, but below average freethrow shooting, limited shooting touch, a few reliable post moves, and a down to earth attitude.

I think Bynum has everything that a center needs to have. But I don't think he can carry a team by himself and be a franchise player. at his peak, if everything goes right, could be a 20 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks guy. a more realistic peak, still being optimistic, is 18 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks.

I'm uncertain about him because of his injury. this guy is all about confidence. if he loses confidence, he takes a giant step back.

THE NATION
08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
AB is going to be good. This season he should be at 18ppg 12rpg and 2bpg. Kobe is getting older and smarter so he will be looking for others to take on some of the scoring load. Kobes assists will go up this season because he has two options down low to get the ball to. Gasol is a proven player so teams will also focus on him, but he is a really good passer and that should help Bynum out as well.

I don't know why people are saying LO is going to score more, he is another good passer and will find the open guy and Im pretty sure the open guy wont be Kobe or Gasol, so that opens up Bynum.

All the haters will see how good he is in 2 months, he will be going up against the next big thing in Greg Oden. There are people that say he is better than Bynum, but he hasn't played a game.

Lakersfan2483
08-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Bynum is a future all-star and will be a top center in the league very soon.

Lakersfan2483
08-29-2008, 04:02 AM
At the top of his game, Bynum's average will be the following: 25ppg, 12rpg, 2.5bpg.

grega1976
08-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Bynum is a future all-star and will be a top center in the league very soon.
There's no doubt about that. There are no C's in the league now that are worth a **** except for Yao and Dwight.

At the top of his game, Bynum's average will be the following: 25ppg, 12rpg, 2.5bpg.

There is no way Bynum will ever average 25pts. With Kobe and Pau there arent enough shots. Plus Bynum scores off of Kobe's ability to get him easy shots. If Bynum ever had to be the primary scorer he wouldn't come close to being that effective offensively. His shot sucks and he is an average freethrow shooter. He could average 12 and 2.5 though, but if he ever averages 20+ he would be overachieving.

grega1976
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Andrew-Bynum-428/stats/

want some more?

anymore questions big boy?

why you laker fanboy *****es get all pissy if someone wants a link? I didn't disagree with you god damn.. one thing to remember though Pau is going to hurt Bynums reb numbers..
In the end it doesn't matter how Bynum's stats are.. The game is about winning, not putting up stats.

bogdanrom
08-31-2008, 12:35 AM
There's no doubt about that. There are no C's in the league now that are worth a **** except for Yao and Dwight.

There is no way Bynum will ever average 25pts. With Kobe and Pau there arent enough shots. Plus Bynum scores off of Kobe's ability to get him easy shots. If Bynum ever had to be the primary scorer he wouldn't come close to being that effective offensively. His shot sucks and he is an average freethrow shooter. He could average 12 and 2.5 though, but if he ever averages 20+ he would be overachieving.

Amare will probably play C after Shaq retires or leaves, Greg Oden has a chance.

bogdanrom
08-31-2008, 12:38 AM
agree.

I think he was a better rebounder than Chandler before his injury, and if he's in fact in top shape when he comes back, I can look forward to seeing him average 11+ rebounds per game.

Bynum will NEVER be a Shaq, he'll never be Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, Bill Russell, Patrick Ewing, or any of those great centers. but to me, he's a prototype center. you know, very good rebounding, very good shot blocking, very good defensive player, very big, good dunker, above-average passer from the post, very strong, but below average freethrow shooting, limited shooting touch, a few reliable post moves, and a down to earth attitude.

I think Bynum has everything that a center needs to have. But I don't think he can carry a team by himself and be a franchise player. at his peak, if everything goes right, could be a 20 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks guy. a more realistic peak, still being optimistic, is 18 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks.

I'm uncertain about him because of his injury. this guy is all about confidence. if he loses confidence, he takes a giant step back.

I agree with the whole post, especially the bolded parts.

grega1976
08-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Amare will probably play C after Shaq retires or leaves, Greg Oden has a chance.

Oden has a chance.. I like Amare at PF better, but if he is a C he's on the list.. I wasn't counting guys like Amare or Duncan who can play both since their natural position is actually PF. I'm still not to sure what to think about Oden or Bynum, but the gyst of the post was that there aren't very many C's in the league anymore that are worth a damn so saying that someone will be a top C doesn't hold nearly as much weight as it did in the early/mid 90's and before.

bogdanrom
08-31-2008, 12:49 AM
Oden has a chance.. I like Amare at PF better, but if he is a C he's on the list.. I wasn't counting guys like Amare or Duncan who can play both since their natural position is actually PF. I'm still not to sure what to think about Oden or Bynum, but the gyst of the post was that there aren't very many C's in the league anymore that are worth a damn so saying that someone will be a top C doesn't hold nearly as much weight as it did in the early/mid 90's and before.

Yeah I agree there aren't a lot of good quality true centers. It seems a lot of team are trying to play PF as C, Amare, Emeka, and others. Even Dwight Howard was supposed to be a PF.

DreamShaker
08-31-2008, 12:54 AM
22, 12, 3 in his prime. Do you guys realize how young he is? theres no ceiling to his potential right now

There is a big ole ceiling to his potential...it's probably around the 17-19 11 rebound department.....he's not a beast....he's not dominating.....he's not overly skilled or outstanding at any aspect of his game....he's solid at all aspects though....problem is....people say "Oh he will be a 20/10 player" you know how many 20/10 guys are in the NBA?? Not many....it's not like 20/10 guys grow on trees...Bynum seems to me like a Brad Daughetry type player at best....if he stays healthy who knows? He could make the Hall of....ok i'm stopping myself there....he's not that wonderfully great....

dannyking18
08-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Andrew Bynum in his prime would be something like this..24.6/13/3 bpg
next season best case scenerio 14/11/2.8 bpg..

dannyking18
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
forgot to mention something do you guys know he's 20 yr's old?....hahahahaahhaah....know that is scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay22Redd
08-31-2008, 01:02 AM

I disagree, I think he is going to be a really good player starting this upcoming season. He's going to be a big part of the Lakers success.

bogdanrom
08-31-2008, 01:06 AM
I disagree, I think he is going to be a really good player starting this upcoming season. He's going to be a big part of the Lakers success.

It's funny at first a lot people bashed the Lakers by picking a fat, lazy, Shaq-looking like player, but he has turn out pretty good. He's young and he's already a double double guy. At best some around 22-23PPG, 12-13RPG, 2-3BPG.

innovator
08-31-2008, 03:02 AM
^yeah when the lakers drafted bynum in 2005 as the no.10 pick i was like WTF who is this kid? but when i saw his dunk vs. shaq i realized that this kid will be good and hopefully he continues on where he left last season

LA_Raiders
08-31-2008, 03:08 AM
LOL...Damn Haters...

Bynum will be a great C (with rings)....

20/12/3

yojoe792
08-31-2008, 04:16 AM
Shaq was amazing. I doubt a lot of people are going to be as good as him. Anyways.

Prime? 25-15-3 is close to a best-case scenario
Next Season? 16-12-2 is close to a best-case scenario

hate hate hate hate hate

While I do think Bynum is the next great center, a step below Dwight Howard, no one is getting 15 rebounds. Not Camby, not Howard, not Bynum. It just can't be done in today's game.

yes overrated

I don't see how you can say that. He played his first good season last year, in which he averaged 14 and 10. IN VERY VERY LIMITED MINUTES. If he was 32 and playing 40 mins a game, you can say that. But not when the guy is 20, full of potential, and performing well early in his career.

fredv
08-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Overrated guy.

Iceman_9
08-31-2008, 12:22 PM
^ You are just jealous coz big men are hard to find these days..

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
I think Bynum may have a couple years at 22-13, but expect him to hover around that 20-12, with some blocks for most of his prime. He will make an appearance at a few all star games, depending on who else is listed at center in the west. For example, if the Wolves ever get it together, would you really take Bynum over Al Jefferson? And Yao has a few years left. Plus Oden has come onto the scene.

WillisLovechild
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
He is average

Bynum > Hawes
Bynum > Miller

think what you want, but he's still better than pretty much any player on the kings.

ShaunRiching9
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Bynum is nothing Compared to Shaq in his prime bynum is a good player but
overrated i would say

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
He is average i not sold on him yet

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Bynum > Hawes
Bynum > Miller

think what you want, but he's still better than pretty much any player on the kings.

I think Kevin Martin may have an issue with your statement.

knicks1214
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
He is never going to be the next Shaq. I think that goes to Howard. However, I think he can be a very good second player on the team. In his prime I see him averaging close to 20 and 12 and 2 blocks per game. However, he's not aggressive enough to be the next Shaq. When he's the best player on a team, I doubt the team would make the playoffs because he doesn't have that drive to win yet. If he is the second player with another great player, he will win a few championships. But, like I said before, he's not winning anything on his own.

breedlove2drug
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM

you know nothing on bynum, so dont talk

breedlove2drug
08-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Bynum is nothing Compared to Shaq in his prime bynum is a good player but
overrated i would say

nobody is gonna be like shaq... at least for now....

People... you have to stop comparing centers with shaq

gumpspeed
08-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Until he shows me some post moves or mid range game, he is an avg center. Just like his numbers stated 13 pts 10 rebs!

grega1976
08-31-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks he is so great after 35 games.. it's rediculous.. oh wait nevermind now I see its a bunch of Laker homers... got it.. he will NEVER be a 20-10 guy.. NEVER... there just arent that many 20-10 C's anymore, and the ones that do average 20-10 are ELITE C's.. guys who can dominate a game.. not some 3rd or 4th option on a team full of talent. 2 C's averaged 20-10 last year, Yao and Dwight.. that's all. No C's did it in 06-07 (Yao was close), and only Yao did it in 05-06. Bynum will never be as good as Yao because he can't shoot, and he can't make freethrows.. He will never be as good as Howard because he isn't as agressive and he can't dominate. Oh and for all you laker Fanboys who obviously don't know much about basketball, you say don't compare him to Shaq, he'll never be as dominant as Shaq.. You're right, he won't. and Shaq never averaged 14reb either.. Bynum will be the 4th or 5th best true C in the league by default.

MiamiHeat
08-31-2008, 12:58 PM
He's a good backup for Dwight Howard in my nba game :D
But i think he will be 20 and 10 guy

knicks1214
08-31-2008, 01:03 PM
If Jefferson can do it for the Wolves-averaged 21 and 11. Bynum can do it if he's stuck on a bad team also...Also, Jamison did it as a second option this past year with the Wizards and Boozer on the Jazz...

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I hope he does not have good stats until Kobe retires. He does not need to. As long as he plays his role he will be great at what the team needs. He rebounds, blocks, and plays tough inside. Too many people get caught up in stats. With a roster like the Lakers have, all their players overall numbers will go down. Everyone needs to get their shots up. So you wont have one guy getting fat stats. But I bet if you put Bynum on a young team like the T-Wolves, he would average 25 13 and 3 blocks. But on the Lakers I hope he gets 10 points and 13 rebounds with 3 blocks. Thats all they need him to do to be successful

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
I hope he does not have good stats until Kobe retires. He does not need to. As long as he plays his role he will be great at what the team needs. He rebounds, blocks, and plays tough inside. Too many people get caught up in stats. With a roster like the Lakers have, all their players overall numbers will go down. Everyone needs to get their shots up. So you wont have one guy getting fat stats. But I bet if you put Bynum on a young team like the T-Wolves, he would average 25 13 and 3 blocks. But on the Lakers I hope he gets 10 points and 13 rebounds with 3 blocks. Thats all they need him to do to be successful

I would take Al Jefferson any day of the week before him, and I guarantee Kobe Bryant would too.

cmellofan15
08-31-2008, 01:12 PM
I would take Al Jefferson any day of the week before him, and I guarantee Kobe Bryant would too.

Duh! Who wouldn't? Al Jefferson is terrific and Bynum's still growing.

grega1976
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM
If Jefferson can do it for the Wolves-averaged 21 and 11. Bynum can do it if he's stuck on a bad team also...Also, Jamison did it as a second option this past year with the Wizards and Boozer on the Jazz...

1) I didn't include Jefferson, Boozer, or Jamison because they are not C's. Jefferson played alot of C, but he is a natural PF.
2) I don't think there are too many people who would take Bynum over Jefferson
3) Bynum won't be on a bad team unless he gets traded. Or Kobe and Pau quit, leave or die
4) You're right Jamison did it as a second option.. Major Difference is he can shoot, and Bynum will never be second option as long as Pau and Kobe are there.
5) Boozer was the first option for the Jazz. He took 180 more shots than DWill
anything else?

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-31-2008, 01:25 PM

Than you and Kobe would be wrong. Im glad your not the Lakers GM.

At 20 years old,

Bynum

13.1 pts
10.2 reb 2.1 blocks
shooting 636%

At 20 years old

Jefferson
6.7 pts
4.4 reb
.08 blocks
shooting 528%

Bynum is 2 inches taller and weighs 30 pounds more. But Bynum actually has muscle. I would take Bynum any day of the decade. And anyone with half a brain would also.

x_notorious
08-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Honestly, he isn't going to be a 20 PPG guy this upcoming year. Very unrealistic and I'm a Laker fan while saying that. Kobe, Gasol and Odom are on all the same team as him so he won't have to be a go to guy. But what I want him to do is to know in his mind that he is the 2nd scoring option behind Kobe. Gasol will get his no matter what and it is very important to feed the big men.

Realistically, on this years Laker team, I see him averaging about 15PPG/12RPG/2 BPG. I'd be VERY happy if he got any where near that.

You guys need to understand that he averaged 13/10/2 in ONLY 28 minutes per game last season. Plus, he shoots at a 63% from the field. The kid hardly misses. That is just scary. His potential is off the roof if he continues to work hard.

In basketball reference, they show how a players averages could be in 36 minutes of play, and Bynum's was very impressive. 16.4 Points/12.7 Rebounds/2.6 Blocks and 63% FG.

If he keeps on improving, I have no doubt in my mind that Bynum will be a future all-star in the NBA. He has the skills to do it and is very determined reading various off-season articles. Good centers in the NBA are very slim today, in the near future, he could be one of the best in the NBA.

There is a lot of hype surrounding him, hopefully, he lives up to it. Just imagining a Lakers team going to the Finals WITHOUT Bynum is a scary thought. Insert a 7 foot center capable of putting up 13-15 PPG and 10-12 RPG along with a couple of block shots will only make that team better.

RocketsRule
08-31-2008, 01:31 PM
^ Although that is true, and I agree, you should be happy if he just plays the same way he did last year. He is coming off a bad injury, and he has a new teammate in Pau Gasol who wiil get some of his touches.

There's so many question marks with Bynum that you can't tell until he has actually played a game. His potential is high, however, the sky is the limit with this kid.

WillisLovechild
08-31-2008, 01:36 PM
I think Kevin Martin may have an issue with your statement.

idk what "pretty much" means to you, but to me it means the vast majority of the team, but not everyone... meaning i know kevin martin is better and thats why i said pretty much. and he's the only player on that team right now that is better than bynum.

DreamShaker
08-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Bynum > Hawes
Bynum > Miller

Lol is that really saying much??

WillisLovechild
08-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Lol is that really saying much??

.............. :cry:.

:cry:=kings fan.

PWNAGE

to answer ur question, nope.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 02:08 PM

At 20 years old,

Bynum

13.1 pts
10.2 reb 2.1 blocks
shooting 636%

At 20 years old

Jefferson
6.7 pts
4.4 reb
.08 blocks
shooting 528%

Bynum is 2 inches taller and weighs 30 pounds more. But Bynum actually has muscle. I would take Bynum any day of the decade. And anyone with half a brain would also.

Jefferson is already a 21-11 player. You guys are hoping Bynum turns into that. And Jefferson is already one of the best back to the basket scorers in the NBA. If you don't double team him, and he catches the ball deep, change the scoreboard. Bynum has zero post moves. If you would take Bynum ahead of Jefferson, you are a Laker fan, or don't really follow Jefferson.

x_notorious
08-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Jefferson is already a 21-11 player. You guys are hoping Bynum turns into that. And Jefferson is already one of the best back to the basket scorers in the NBA. If you don't double team him, and he catches the ball deep, change the scoreboard. Bynum has zero post moves. If you would take Bynum ahead of Jefferson, you are a Laker fan, or don't really follow Jefferson.

I think you need to watch more basketball games, Laker games in particular before you say such a ridiculous statement.

grega1976
08-31-2008, 02:20 PM

At 20 years old,

Bynum

13.1 pts
10.2 reb 2.1 blocks
shooting 636%

At 20 years old

Jefferson
6.7 pts
4.4 reb
.08 blocks
shooting 528%

are you serious.. if so you're a moron..
at 20yrs old Bynum was in his third season and played 28.8mpg, Al was a rookie and played 14.8mpg..
If you look at their numbers on a per 36min basis they are almost IDENTICAL from Bynum's third season to Al Jeff's rookie season..

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I think you need to watch more basketball games, Laker games in particular before you say such a ridiculous statement.

I have seen plenty of them. He gets follow up dunks, and rotation error passes for dunks. He does have a little 2 ft hook shot, and a drop step, but those are moves an 8th grade big man should know.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-31-2008, 02:52 PM
are you serious.. if so you're a moron..
at 20yrs old Bynum was in his third season and played 28.8mpg, Al was a rookie and played 14.8mpg..
If you look at their numbers on a per 36min basis they are almost IDENTICAL from Bynum's third season to Al Jeff's rookie season..

How many years they were in the league makes no difference. They were both 20 years old. Bynum was playing on a team that was in first place while he was there. Playing with Kobe and Odom getting most the touches. Bynum was playing bigger minutes on a team that was going somewhere while Jefferson was not NBA ready at 20. Bynum is. Its pretty simple. Bynum has the height, reach and weight to be a better player than Jefferson. At 20 years old was Jefferson the player that Bynum is? If he was, he would have been playing ahead of Raef Lafrentz and Mark Blount

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-31-2008, 02:59 PM

That is exactly what Bynum is. If he catches it low change the scoreboard. He was leading the league in field goal percentage. He does not need to develop post moves if all he has to do is dunk on people. What could Shaq do outside 5 feet? Does that mean Jefferson is better than Shaq? Lebron cant shoot a good % from outside 15 feet. Does that mean Michael Redd is a better player than him? You have to play to your strengths. Bynums strength is his height and length he has over most defenders.

Here is just one game against one of the leagues better centers as an example of Bynums game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_gH72uDLkg

Chronz
08-31-2008, 04:01 PM

Your looking at the wrong stats if you think the Lakers would do better if Bynum doesnt have great numbers. Bynums numbers were incredible last year, you should hope that trend continues.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 04:15 PM
That is exactly what Bynum is. If he catches it low change the scoreboard. He was leading the league in field goal percentage. He does not need to develop post moves if all he has to do is dunk on people. What could Shaq do outside 5 feet? Does that mean Jefferson is better than Shaq? Lebron cant shoot a good % from outside 15 feet. Does that mean Michael Redd is a better player than him? You have to play to your strengths. Bynums strength is his height and length he has over most defenders.

Here is just one game against one of the leagues better centers as an example of Bynums game

disagree, but you have drank the Laker cool aid, nothing I can say will change your mind. In my opinion, Bynum will never be a great player from what I have seen. So what? You do. Good for you. And if you think that Bynum has the low post game that Al Jefferson does, you are nuts. Jefferson has 20 ways to score down there.

knicks1214
08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Actually, we don't know how well Bynum is on the low post because they do not dump the ball down there and let him create for himself a lot. Jefferson is not as much as a banger as Bynum is. Plus, Bynum has been working with Kareem for the last 2 years and has made huge improvements. Bynum has also been in the year one year less than Jefferson. If Bynum were on Minnesota, he would be the main player there and having stats like Jefferson, but he isn't.

goku
08-31-2008, 04:26 PM
bynum will be less effect with pau in the post kobe got to get his shot odom to

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Actually, we don't know how well Bynum is on the low post because they do not dump the ball down there and let him create for himself a lot. Jefferson is not as much as a banger as Bynum is. Plus, Bynum has been working with Kareem for the last 2 years and has made huge improvements. Bynum has also been in the year one year less than Jefferson. If Bynum were on Minnesota, he would be the main player there and having stats like Jefferson, but he isn't.

Jefferson has been working with McHale, and he has the greatest post moves in history. And no, Bynum would not have great stats in Minnesota either. Better than he has now? Sure, but he isn't averaging 21 ppg.
In their third years, here are the stats
Jefferson: 16 ppg, 11 rpg, 1.5 bpg
Bynum: 13 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg

Bynum needs to prove he can take the next step THIS year. Yes he is only 21 before the season starts, but he has been in the league long enough. Youth can only be an excuse for so long. You either do it, or you don't.

knicks1214
08-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Keep in mind that Bynum is playing with Kobe, Pau, and Odom...Jefferson is playing with...who? Do they have any superstars on their team? No. Jefferson would not be averaging 21 and 11 with the Lakers...I'm sorry, I also didn't know that 13, 10, and 2 bpg in 29 mpg is bad. Especially when he has 3 players on the team who are better than him. You have to remember that Jefferson is the #1 option in Minny and Bynum is the #4 option in L.A. He had so few plays run for him last year...most of his points came from put backs and offensive rebounds.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Keep in mind that Bynum is playing with Kobe, Pau, and Odom...Jefferson is playing with...who? Do they have any superstars on their team? No. Jefferson would not be averaging 21 and 11 with the Lakers...I'm sorry, I also didn't know that 13, 10, and 2 bpg in 29 mpg is bad. Especially when he has 3 players on the team who are better than him. You have to remember that Jefferson is the #1 option in Minny and Bynum is the #4 option in L.A. He had so few plays run for him last year...most of his points came from put backs and offensive rebounds.

I know what Bynum has around him. But, Jefferson has proven that he is a #1 now, at 23. Bynum has not. Who is to say that if Bynum was the #1 option on a team, he would score over 20. Jefferson has actually done it. And Jefferson saw double and triple teams, because, like you said, the Wolves don't have a lot around him, yet he still managed to score 21 ppg. Bynum is aloud to make his move to the rim, if he has one. The comment about most his points coming on put backs will continue.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Jefferson has 20 ways to score down there.

I don't care if Al Jefferson has 20 post moves witch he doesn't he still aint shooting a better percentage than Bynum, witch means that Bynum is more affective when he touches the ball! period.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't care if Al Jefferson has 20 post moves witch he doesn't he still aint shooting a better percentage than Bynum, witch means that Bynum is more affective when he touches the ball! period.

yeah, I measure how good a player is on one stat. So by your calculation, Beidris is the most effective player in the NBA when the ball is in his hands.

downsos
08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
20/10 guy

bogdanrom
08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
How many years they were in the league makes no difference. They were both 20 years old. Bynum was playing on a team that was in first place while he was there. Playing with Kobe and Odom getting most the touches. Bynum was playing bigger minutes on a team that was going somewhere while Jefferson was not NBA ready at 20. Bynum is. Its pretty simple. Bynum has the height, reach and weight to be a better player than Jefferson. At 20 years old was Jefferson the player that Bynum is? If he was, he would have been playing ahead of Raef Lafrentz and Mark Blount

Actaully it makes a big difference especially when you're talking about two players that are almost the exact same.Through the years player can knowledge and experience. I don't know if you have noticed this, but usually as players spend more time in the league they become better. How do you explain that? More years in the NBA. To me both players are a lot similar. I can't really say which is which, but I am leaning a little towards Al. The thing is right now Al Jefferson looks like he's the better player, but there is no doubt that Bynum has more potential. But there is also another thing and that is the injury Bynum sustained last season. Will that affect this season, will this affect for the rest of his career, we won't know until the season starts.

bogdanrom
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
yeah, I measure how good a player is on one stat. So by your calculation, Beidris is the most effective player in the NBA when the ball is in his hands.

That also means that Biedrins is the best rebounder in the league. He got 27 rebounds in one game. ;)

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 06:32 PM
to all the people who think that he would be an average center, what would that be 12 pts and 6 rebounds??? if so he's beyond t hat and bearly 20 so what do you mean when you say he's going to be average.

ARMIN12NBA
08-31-2008, 06:32 PM

:clap:

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 06:36 PM
remember that year Scott Skiles had 30 assists in one game? He was the best point guard in the league then. Seriously, I think the fact that Bynum, in 35 games, had more points than Jefferson averages per game, in only 4 games. He is not the next great center people.

FOBolous
08-31-2008, 06:37 PM

or you could say that it is BECAUSE Bynum is playing with Kobe, Gasol, and Odom that he can average 13 points because Bynum does not have to deal with the double team and triple team a #1 option like Al Jefferson has to. In fact...not only does he have to deal with the double teams and triple teams a #1 option like Al Jefferson has to deal with..he probably doesn't have to deal with very much defensive pressure at all because the opposing team will put their best post defender on Gasol so yeea....

basically Bynum got it easy by playing with all those other star players and because of that, it's not wrong to question whether Bynum have the offensive abilities to score 10+ points game if he doesn't have Kobe and Odom keeping him from being double teamed and Gasol keeping the opposing team's best post defender busy.

it's also not wrong the speculate that Bynum might actually be overachieving on the offensive end by playing with Kobe, Odom, and Gasol because he probably gets a lot of easy buckets cause...think about it...if the game is coming to an end, you got Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum on the court at the same time. Kobe and Gasol is probably going to be double teamed so that's 4 defenders right there...Odom is going to have to be covered so that's another defender. so who's going to cover Bynum? you can rotate one of Gasol or Kobe'd defender to Bynum if Bynum gets the ball but that's a big risk.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 06:38 PM
to all the people who think that he would be an average center, what would that be 12 pts and 6 rebounds??? if so he's beyond t hat and bearly 20 so what do you mean when you say he's going to be average.

nobody is calling him average dude. But I don't think he will be a great player, one to build a team around. I don't see him ever making first team NBA, or being a multiple year all star. That is the point I have been trying to make. Would I love him on my team? Sure, but I will not give you Al Jefferson, Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Al Horford, Amare Stoudemire, as far as young big guys go. No way.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 06:43 PM
or you could say that it is BECAUSE Bynum is playing with Kobe, Gasol, and Odom that he can average 13 points because Bynum does not have to deal with the double team and triple team a #1 option like Al Jefferson has to. In fact...not only does he have to deal with the double teams and triple teams a #1 option like Al Jefferson has to deal with..he probably doesn't have to deal with very much defensive pressure at all because the opposing team will put their best post defender on Gasol so yeea....

basically Bynum got it easy by playing with all those other star players and because of that, it's not wrong to question whether Bynum have the offensive abilities to score 10+ points game if he doesn't have Kobe and Odom keeping him from being double teamed and Gasol keeping the opposing team's best post defender busy.

it's also not wrong the speculate that Bynum might actually be overachieving on the offensive end by playing with Kobe, Odom, and Gasol because he probably gets a lot of easy buckets cause...think about it...if the game is coming to an end, you got Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum on the court at the same time. Kobe and Gasol is probably going to be double teamed so that's 4 defenders right there...Odom is going to have to be covered so that's another defender. so who's going to cover Bynum? you can rotate one of Gasol or Kobe'd defender to Bynum if Bynum gets the ball but that's a big risk.

Once upon a time in La la land, Lakers had a player named Kwame Brown playing along side Odom,Walton,Kobe,Fisher and sucked ***, Bynum came along played with the same team and showed a bright future. theres this other guy in Boston playing with 3 future hall of famers and is worst than Bynum.

FOBolous
08-31-2008, 06:47 PM

Shaq was a special case. How many other centers do yall know of that can be as dominating as Shaq without being skilled?

ARMIN12NBA
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Once upon a time in La la land, Lakers had a player named Kwame Brown playing along side Odom,Walton,Kobe,Fisher and sucked ***, Bynum came along played with the same team and showed a bright future. theres this other guy in Boston playing with 3 future hall of famers and is worst than Bynum.

:laugh2: Very true.

FOBolous
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM

well some players are better than others at cleaning up after other players.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 06:58 PM

Nobody is saying he compares with the biggest bust ever (sorry Olowokandi), just saying he isn't the next Laker great.

Squad13
08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Nobody is saying he compares with the biggest bust ever (sorry Olowokandi), just saying he isn't the next Laker great.

What makes you think this? The only thing stopping this kid is injuries.... It may be a big risk but the kid has the Height, Length (arms), with amazing hands for a big man that is working on developing the hook shot from the master himself Kareem. He has plenty of room to bulk up which he has been doing every year in the league and will continue to blossum into one of the best centers in the league.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
well some players are better than others at cleaning up after other players.

Maybe Bynum is just a good rebounder and can actually put the ball in the whole.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 07:21 PM
What makes you think this? The only thing stopping this kid is injuries.... It may be a big risk but the kid has the Height, Length (arms), with amazing hands for a big man that is working on developing the hook shot from the master himself Kareem. He has plenty of room to bulk up which he has been doing every year in the league and will continue to blossum into one of the best centers in the league.

because I have watched him play on a few occasions, and I don't think he has the heart or desire to get great. His post moves are robotic. And nobody gets Kareems hook shot, sorry. That was a once in a lifetime shot. Hey, I could turn out to be wrong, these boards are opinions full of biases and grudges, and I am trying to look at him subjectivley. I hate the Lakers, and Laker fans dominate these boards talking their team up. I personally don't think he is anything special, and I have watched basketball religiously since 1987.

rhino17
08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
at his peak, bynum will be a 16/10 player

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I hate the Lakers.
that explains alot and no Lakers fans don't hype up there players, they only defend Kobe when they say he's not the best when it has been said hundreths of times by the media, coaches, players, most fans that he is. other than that Lamar isnt that great he can't hit 3's and Fisher can't really defend. and Pau should be a better rebounder. I would choose so many other players before these 3, Not one Lakers has said that Bynum is the going to be like Shaq, or that Odom is not best Sf, and yes Bynum can be great and even better than Howard. So no im not talking my team up, im calling it how I see it.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM

:crazy:Hahaha! Bynum already averaged 13 points a game and has only played 28minutes a game oh and did u know he's still developing his skills???? and then you ppl wonder why lakers fans act a certain way.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
that explains alot and no Lakers fans don't hype up there players, they only defend kobe when they say he's not the best when it has been said hundreths of times by the media, coaches, players, most fans that he is. other than that lamar isnt that great he can't hit 3's and Fisher can't really defend. and Pau should be a better rebounder. I would choose so many other players before these 3, Not one lakers has said that bynum is the going to be like Shaq, or that Odom is not best Sf, and yes Bynum can be great and even better than Howard. So no im not talking my team up, im calling it how I see it.

Well, I hate the Spurs too, but they get my respect because their fans don't believe their players are gods. Yes, a good number of Laker fans hype their team up, big time. Is Kobe the best in the NBA? Not in my opinion, but that is a very debatable subject. At worst, he is #2. So what, you like oranges, I like apples. If my favorite team were the Lakers, then hell yeah, its Kobe. But I see outside Los Angeles. And you are calling it how you see it, which is gold and purple. Bynum is a 18/11 player in his prime. Nothing to laugh at, for sure, but please, he is not the next Laker franchise player. And I apologize to the many reasonable Laker fans on these threads, it just gets annoying.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
:crazy:Hahaha! Bynum already averaged 13 points a game and has only played 28minutes a game oh and did u know he's still developing his skills???? and then you ppl wonder why lakers fans act a certain way.

when he plays more than 35 minutes, he tends to have about 5-6 fouls. May be what is limiting his playing, don't you think? Oh no, you don't my bad. Lakers forever!!!!!! Please dude

goku
08-31-2008, 07:45 PM
when he plays more than 35 minutes, he tends to have about 5-6 fouls. May be what is limiting his playing, don't you think? Oh no, you don't my bad. Lakers forever!!!!!! Please dude

that is true

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 07:48 PM

actually he wasn't in shape to run for that long. dang dude get ur stories straight.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, I hate the Spurs too, but they get my respect because their fans don't believe their players are gods. Yes, a good number of Laker fans hype their team up, big time. Is Kobe the best in the NBA? Not in my opinion, but that is a very debatable subject. At worst, he is #2.

oh but u see nothing wrong when other ppl say that he sucks. oh I forget Ur a Laker hater, you wouldnt understand.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
oh but u see nothing wrong when other ppl say that he sucks. oh I forget Ur a Laker hater, you wouldnt understand.

If someone says Kobe sucks, they don't even deserve a response. I am realistic, and I would understand why somebody would question my opinion on LeBron being better. But I am not a hater to the point that I don't realize Kobe is unreal, and that Bynum has the "potential" to be a really good player, but I am not about to agree that a man who has played 3 years in the NBA, regardless of age, is the next "IT", after averaging 13-10, and having surgery. Sorry. I can't say truthfully, btw, the I hate the Lakers. That was strong. I have always liked Farmar, and I like Phil Jackson. I just don't like the team all that much, and if you get on these boards, tons of obnoxious Laker fans fill every conversation with the stupidest comments. Now, there are many reasonable Laker fans out there, so I don't want to include everyone. But you belong in the annoying group, fo sure

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM
actually he wasn't in shape to run for that long. dang dude get ur stories straight.

well that's even worse. A 20 year old not in shape??? What will he be when he is 29? And no, I wasn't wrong. Per 48 minutes, he averages just short of 5 fould per game.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
But you belong in the annoying group, fo sure

why cause I don't agree with you?lol

ARMIN12NBA
08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
because I have watched him play on a few occasions, and I don't think he has the heart or desire to get great. His post moves are robotic. And nobody gets Kareems hook shot, sorry. That was a once in a lifetime shot. Hey, I could turn out to be wrong, these boards are opinions full of biases and grudges, and I am trying to look at him subjectivley. I hate the Lakers, and Laker fans dominate these boards talking their team up. I personally don't think he is anything special, and I have watched basketball religiously since 1987.

:laugh2: Spoken like somebody has no idea what they are talking about. Bynum may turn out to be a bust, which is fine, but it will definitely not be because of a lack of heart or desire. That is one thing I really respect about Bynum. He truly tries his hardest and has a great desire to be great. Last off-season he hired a trainer to become better. Guess what? Now he runs the mile 3 minutes faster. He can bench, squat, and clean much more and for many more reps than he could before. He can jump higher as well. The one thing I know about Bynum is that he has an amazing desire to become better each and every year. His trainer talks about how he brings a basketball with him everywhere he goes: restaurant, etc. Bynum wants to get a better feeling for the ball. He may turn out to be a bust, but I know it won't be for lack of trying.

G-Funk
08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Look homie when people tell me that he's going to be the next big thing I stay quite cause the limit is the sky for him, just like I do when people talk up Lebron. When People say that he aint going to be **** or an average player I can't help it but to say something, cause the sky is the limit for him. Also, there is nothing wrong with his game for his age. you can't say stupid **** like he can't catch, he can't run the fast break, or he can't post, he's not that explosive, he doesn't have heart, etc. No way do I think that he's going to be better than Kareem or Shaq but he can be better than the best Center right now(Howard).

$ NyC $
08-31-2008, 09:45 PM
next season

16 ppg 11 rpg 2 bpg

Prime

23 ppg 13 rpg 2.5 bpg

mamba24
08-31-2008, 09:51 PM

you obviously dont watch the guy... he came in last season and was supposed to be the back up and ended being the defensive presence we lacked in the middle. on offense he gave us a threat in the post (from his offensive rebound and the kid has got some pretty amazing foot work)... his improvments were drastic to say the least. you dont know what you are talking about... he will be at least a 23 13 3 sorta player in his prime... next season 16 11 2

Lost Art
08-31-2008, 09:57 PM
He's good guys, really good. He's got every skill that you'd want your big man to have and has freakish size as well. He's got great hands, a soft touch, a nice shooting stroke (the jumper will fall in time), great leaping ability, nice post moves, a great work ethic, and is trained by Kareem. What else do you want? IMO him and D-Howard will be the best big men in the league for many many years. Book it!

Hawkeye15
08-31-2008, 10:04 PM
:laugh2: Spoken like somebody has no idea what they are talking about. Bynum may turn out to be a bust, which is fine, but it will definitely not be because of a lack of heart or desire. That is one thing I really respect about Bynum. He truly tries his hardest and has a great desire to be great. Last off-season he hired a trainer to become better. Guess what? Now he runs the mile 3 minutes faster. He can bench, squat, and clean much more and for many more reps than he could before. He can jump higher as well. The one thing I know about Bynum is that he has an amazing desire to become better each and every year. His trainer talks about how he brings a basketball with him everywhere he goes: restaurant, etc. Bynum wants to get a better feeling for the ball. He may turn out to be a bust, but I know it won't be for lack of trying.

Nah, I will stick with my opinion. He doesn't play that hard. Or maybe he is lost out there, and relies on athletic ability and size. I don't know, and I don't care. Fact is, my opinion is that he will never become a dominate low post player. He hired a trainer??? Wow. Maybe that is because he wasn't in good enough shape to deal with the rigors of 82 games. And if I'm his trainer, and he is paying me $$$$$, I talk him up too. This is a talented young big with minimal post skills, but with enough athletic ability to be a better than average starting center. That is it.

Chronz
08-31-2008, 10:27 PM

Cmon man your better than that.

grega1976
08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Look homie when people tell me that he's going to be the next big thing I stay quite cause the limit is the sky for him, just like I do when people talk up Lebron. When People say that he aint going to be **** or an average player I can't help it but to say something, cause the sky is the limit for him. Also, there is nothing wrong with his game for his age. you can't say stupid **** like he can't catch, he can't run the fast break, or he can't post, he's not that explosive, he doesn't have heart, etc. No way do I think that he's going to be better than Kareem or Shaq but he can be better than the best Center right now(Howard).

Better than Yao? Better than Dwight?.. No way.. I haven't seen anyone really say he was average, just that he wouldn't be a 20/10 guy.. that's no insult, there aren't very many 20/10 guys out ther.. as far as the sky's the limit..
ummm.. same thing was said about
Stromile Swift
Kandi man
Shawn Bradley
Kwame Brown
should I continue...
I'm not saying that Bynum is a bust, I'm just saying that from what I've seen he won't be a GREAT C, he'll definately be a top 4 or 5 in the league for many years to come, depending on how he comes back from his knee.
Here is the real deal.. Laker fans are SOOOOOOOOO one sided in their argument it is ridiculous. To compare Bynum to anyone at this point in his career after he had a good 35 game stretch is stupid.. What about Bogut over the last 21 games he played in the season he averaged 17 12.. Is he the next great C? No, however it just shows that anyone can have a good stretch of games. Look at Kaman at the begining of last season.. 18 14 and 3 for the first 2 months of the season.. do you think he is a Great C because of that stretch?

grega1976
08-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Cmon man your better than that.

Chronz I respect your opinion more than most on here, but what is wrong with 16/10? I think his rebounds will probably be higher. however with Pau Odom and Bynum there won't be as many to go around. And I don't see 16 points as being out of line. If anything I think it is a little high due to the fact that Pau is going to take alot of the touches Bynum would get..

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Your looking at the wrong stats if you think the Lakers would do better if Bynum doesnt have great numbers. Bynums numbers were incredible last year, you should hope that trend continues.

I know he will get better and would be able to average more points and rebounds a game. I just dont think the Lakers need him to do that. All he really needs to do for the Lakers to be successful is defend and rebound and clean up missed shots on the offensive end. The Lakers have enough scorers but really no one to do the dirty work. When Pau Kobe and Lamar are gone I would like to see them run more plays for him. But my heart is with the Lakers success, not with Bynums numbers just so some people on PSD would get wide eyed with a great stat line. I just think if everyone plays their role, it would be better for the team. Bynum should be used as a defensive force and to throw a few lobs to occasionally cause he can really go get em'.

kylem4711
09-01-2008, 01:05 AM
overrated clap clap clapclapclap

G-Funk
09-01-2008, 01:51 AM
20 and 10 guy that's for sure.

G-Funk
09-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Bothered by his struggles during the second half of last season, Bynum hired a personal trainer months before Kobe's eruption. But there were times when the star's harsh words helped push him through his off-season, five-hour-a-day, six-day-a-week training regimen: more than 90 minutes on the outdoor track in the 100° heat of Atlanta, 90-plus in the weight room and 90 more on the court with trainer Sean Zarzana and former NBA players. "I bet there are only five to 10 guys in the league who worked as hard as I did In fact, Andrew even went out and hired a trainer on his accord this summer, leaving the experienced Lakers training staff for a month this August to work with a strength/conditioning/athletic performance specialist.

“At first we were a little startled to hear him say that he wasn’t going to be with us for the month of August, which is what we want,” said Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak. “But then, the more we thought about it, the fact that he would take that initiative to go out and hire someone on his own, to go live in a hotel for a month and then just live, drink and breathe weights, running, conditioning and basketball, we thought that was good
If Bynum were to live up to the big expectations placed on his 7-foot, 285-pound frame, something had to change. That's where Zarzana came in.

Zarzana began the process by educating Bynum on nutrition, sleeping habits and overall wellness. He worked with something Zarzana calls core neuromuscular proprioceptive training, to "try to get the brain and body to function together."

Then there were the workouts. Zarzana designed a program that makes Bynum "more effective at his position." They worked out four to six hours, six to seven days a week in Atlanta.

Bynum ran a mile in 8 minutes, 49 seconds when they began. Zarzana said he's shaved more than two minutes off that time.

Bynum improved his bench press from 265 pounds to 305, and his squats from 265 pounds 10 times to 405 pounds 10 times. His body fat dropped from 12 percent to nine.

He ran 50- and 100-meter sprints. He did sprints with a parachute on his back, 50 to 60 yards on straightaways, backpedals at 45-degree angles and zigzags.

And of course there were basketball drills that former NBA star Gerald Wilkins put Bynum through.

"The kid has worked extremely hard, and on his own accord," Zarzana said by phone. "It didn't take anybody to fire this kid up but himself. He realized going into his third year that he's no longer a rookie and he's expected to be a starter now. He came to me and said, 'I want to be the best center in this game. Can you help me?' "

Don't Question his desire or heart to be great.

ink
09-01-2008, 02:22 AM
IMO Bynum will be good because Kareem thinks he will be good. I'll take his word for it. Anything wrong with that? lol.

G-Funk
09-01-2008, 02:37 AM
nobody is calling him average dude.

I haven't seen anyone really say he was average

he is an avg center.

He is average

He is average i not sold on him yet
there u go.

G-Funk
09-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Ok 5 good reasons why he won't be capable of being a 20/10 player.

ink
09-01-2008, 03:18 AM
20 and 10 guy that's for sure.

I agree. And even if he doesn't reach 20 and 10 it'll be because of the other scorers on the team, and not a negative on him. He was having a breakout season last year and only expect him to be better this year. What's the issue with people giving the guy his due anyway?

lakersrock
09-01-2008, 03:29 AM
I agree. And even if he doesn't reach 20 and 10 it'll be because of the other scorers on the team, and not a negative on him. He was having a breakout season last year and only expect him to be better this year. What's the issue with people giving the guy his due anyway?

The horrid year that made picking Bynum possible has become so wonderful. :D I just think it's funny the kid is just some other loser because most people hate the Lakers. If he played for some team nobody hates/cares about, he'd be the next coming. He absolutely dominated Amare. I mean, he made him look like a child out there. Yeah, it was two games, but that said, he was a first time starter and was playing an All-Star. To compare him to Kandi Man, Kwame, etc. is laughable. Name me a time where those guys played as good as he did, as long as he did ,under as much pressure and against that much talent. Bynum has every physical tool to do it and he has the heart/desire as well. If KAJ can see the talent this guy has, I don't really care to take anyone else's opinion of his talent......especially since he's been his coach for years and everyone here hasn't.

Leafking13
09-01-2008, 10:14 AM
To compare him to Kandi Man, Kwame, etc. is laughable. Name me a time where those guys played as good as he did,

Kandi Man:
3rd year in the NBA : 11.1 pts 8.9 rebs 1.8 blks (32 mins)
4th year in the NBA : 12.3 pts 9.1 rebs 2.2 blks (38 mins)

ink
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
The horrid year that made picking Bynum possible has become so wonderful. :D I just think it's funny the kid is just some other loser because most people hate the Lakers. If he played for some team nobody hates/cares about, he'd be the next coming. He absolutely dominated Amare. I mean, he made him look like a child out there. Yeah, it was two games, but that said, he was a first time starter and was playing an All-Star. To compare him to Kandi Man, Kwame, etc. is laughable. Name me a time where those guys played as good as he did, as long as he did ,under as much pressure and against that much talent. Bynum has every physical tool to do it and he has the heart/desire as well. If KAJ can see the talent this guy has, I don't really care to take anyone else's opinion of his talent......especially since he's been his coach for years and everyone here hasn't.

That was my point too and I was being serious. Kareem is one of the all-time great individuals in the sport and he is fully behind Bynum. The kid is a major talent. It's that simple.

wayneo92
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
7'1 Center, 290 pounds, 9% body fat, Freakishly long arms, can jump pretty high, has great footwork, soft left hand, great rebounder and still improving, Kareem is his teacher, Kobe Bryant/ Lamar Odom/ Pau Gasol will be on the floor with him, oh here is my favorite one(he is only 20!!!!!!!) Tell you the truth only other center i would take with the Lakers would be Greg Oden but i would take Bynum over Oden too.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
7'1 Center, 290 pounds, 9% body fat, Freakishly long arms, can jump pretty high, has great footwork, soft left hand, great rebounder and still improving, Kareem is his teacher, Kobe Bryant/ Lamar Odom/ Pau Gasol will be on the floor with him, oh here is my favorite one(he is only 20!!!!!!!) Tell you the truth only other center i would take with the Lakers would be Greg Oden but i would take Bynum over Oden too.

Olowokandi was an athletic freak too at 7' tall.

JMan17
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Olowokandi was an athletic freak too at 7' tall.

9% body fat? i don't think so :)

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 01:36 PM
9% body fat? i don't think so :)

how do you know his bodyfat? weird. If 9% is true, he better lose more, cause he was too out of shape to play more than 28 mpg. Plus, 9% is not impressive

wayneo92
09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
apparently you dont know about the human body because 9% is pretty darn good

JMan17
09-01-2008, 02:13 PM
how do you know his bodyfat? weird. If 9% is true, he better lose more, cause he was too out of shape to play more than 28 mpg. Plus, 9% is not impressive

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KLAC-AM/080728%20Mitch%20K.mp3

any questions???

also LOL NAME 2 players, no wait NAME ONE! who has less then 9% body fat?? lol 9% not good hahaha you're delusional. Guess you don't know how the human body that well do you???

Chronz
09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Chronz I respect your opinion more than most on here, but what is wrong with 16/10? I think his rebounds will probably be higher. however with Pau Odom and Bynum there won't be as many to go around. And I don't see 16 points as being out of line. If anything I think it is a little high due to the fact that Pau is going to take alot of the touches Bynum would get..

Oh your suggesting that for this year? I thought you meant at his peak, my mistake.

Chronz
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I know he will get better and would be able to average more points and rebounds a game. I just dont think the Lakers need him to do that. All he really needs to do for the Lakers to be successful is defend and rebound and clean up missed shots on the offensive end. The Lakers have enough scorers but really no one to do the dirty work. When Pau Kobe and Lamar are gone I would like to see them run more plays for him. But my heart is with the Lakers success, not with Bynums numbers just so some people on PSD would get wide eyed with a great stat line. I just think if everyone plays their role, it would be better for the team. Bynum should be used as a defensive force and to throw a few lobs to occasionally cause he can really go get em'.

Thats the thing Im not following you on, the better his numbers the greater the chance the Lakers are winning. Doing the dirty work is how I expect Bynum to dominate, I love his passing and basketball IQ so I have no doubt he will have a seamless transition with the team. Him and Pau are perfect compliments I just dont know how Odom will react to playing the 3 full time. We'll see how it works out but Im willing to bet Bynum improves upon last year if hes as healthy as I hope.

Chronz
09-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Kandi Man:
3rd year in the NBA : 11.1 pts 8.9 rebs 1.8 blks (32 mins)
4th year in the NBA : 12.3 pts 9.1 rebs 2.2 blks (38 mins)

Look at the mins, the efficiency (WinScores/PER/WS,etc..) and the per possession stats. Bynum last year was more dominant, by any standard, in fact those were some really crappy years.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 03:11 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KLAC-AM/080728%20Mitch%20K.mp3

any questions???

also LOL NAME 2 players, no wait NAME ONE! who has less then 9% body fat?? lol 9% not good hahaha you're delusional. Guess you don't know how the human body that well do you???

I know I had that % when I was his age, and I wasn't a pro athlete.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Hawk, why are you so anti-Bynum? It seems like you are the only one who does not think he will be one of the top 5 centers in the NBA when he is in his prime...

EddieB
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
He can be a 18 points - 14 rebounds - 4 block shots a game center, he can be a dominant defensive center in this league

G-Funk
09-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Hawk, why are you so anti-Bynum? It seems like you are the only one who does not think he will be one of the top 5 centers in the NBA when he is in his prime...

Because he hates the Lakers.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Because he hates the Lakers.

because I haven't seen the tools in him. Oh well, I disagree. And I don't like the Lakers, but I don't let biases distort my opinions. I have watched NBA basketball for over 20 years, and I have seen a lot of players come and go. I don't think he will be all that special. My opinion. Who cares?

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 05:47 PM
there u go.

well, he is right now, but he should get better obviously. Not to the level some of you think, but I think a 18/11 type prime is in his potential.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 05:52 PM

any questions???

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=All&sort2=ASC&draft=0&sort=
they didn't keep fat % until recently, but here is a snapshot of the guys taken in the last few years, and their bodyfat when drafted. 9% is below average. Yi had 3% bodyfat. And yes, I understand the human body quite well

G-Funk
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Come on, Yi is just skin & bones

hockeypro68
09-01-2008, 06:27 PM
The closest thing the NBA is gonna have to shaq for the next few years is Dwight Howard. Bynum is no comparison.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Come on, Yi is just skin & bones

for sure he is, but I was responding to the dude that wanted me to name one player under 9%. The majority of the NBA is under that. Shoot, I was under that at 19-20 years old. I have a sneaking suspicion though, that Bynum will be less at 32 than I am. Ha!

chi-town kid
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Bynum will be a solid center for years to come. I don't see him being on the level that Shaq, the Dream, or the Admiral were at in their prime.

EAGLES3658
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
i think he can be a good player

RoyalG333
09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
OK as you can see I am a Laker fan so my opinion is biased. However, for those who think he is over rated need to watch him this season. He is going to be a beast. He has the soft touch, as well as the ability to slam it down hard. Dwight Howard might be stronger than Drew now, but he lacks a post game. All Dwight is good for is dunking. Drew under the guidance of KAJ, will become one of the most dominant centers in this league. Remember he averaged about 15 and 10 only playing about 27 minutes per game.

This season I expect 16 ppg, 12 rpg, 3 apg, 2 bpg
Career, my prediction 25 ppg, 15 rpg, 3 apg, 3 bpg

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
OK as you can see I am a Laker fan so my opinion is biased. However, for those who think he is over rated need to watch him this season. He is going to be a beast. He has the soft touch, as well as the ability to slam it down hard. Dwight Howard might be stronger than Drew now, but he lacks a post game. All Dwight is good for is dunking. Drew under the guidance of KAJ, will become one of the most dominant centers in this league. Remember he averaged about 15 and 10 only playing about 27 minutes per game.

you except too much

ARMIN12NBA
09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
you except too much

That is a best-case scenario prediction.

RoyalG333
09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
you except too much

Im sure you wouldn't mind having him on your roster. Beasley will be a great player but whose your center? Mark Blount?

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Im sure you wouldn't mind having him on your roster. Beasley will be a great player but whose your center? Mark Blount?

yo calm down no need to get catty
I didn't diss your team or Bynum whatsoever

wayneo92
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
yea and dont expect to much from the heat either

MiamiHeat
09-01-2008, 07:52 PM
yea and dont expect to much from the heat either

:rolleyes:
okay?
Why you gotta insult my team, do you think it hurts me? well it doesn't in no way
because I know what I expect from Heat, what RoyalG333 said I think is a little ridiculous
is like saying I expect the Heat to win the championship is year, you lakers fans
are lucky if bynum averages 20 and 10

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 07:53 PM

he played 28 mpg because he wasn't in good enough condition, and hence was in foul trouble a lot. That career year is ridiculous. Anyone who is going to go 25-15, ala, Shaq, has already taken over by year 3, regardless of age. Laker fans need to hope he can get a 20-10 year or two in there, and that should make you happy. I don't even see that, but just my opinion, as obviously stated throughout this thread

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 07:58 PM
how is this thread still going? He is a f'ing 20 year kid who has proved nothing except that maybe someday, he will be a good center. Who cares? Move on, and watch this season to see how/if he progresses. Jesus

ARMIN12NBA
09-01-2008, 08:05 PM
he played 28 mpg because he wasn't in good enough condition, and hence was in foul trouble a lot. That career year is ridiculous. Anyone who is going to go 25-15, ala, Shaq, has already taken over by year 3, regardless of age. Laker fans need to hope he can get a 20-10 year or two in there, and that should make you happy. I don't even see that, but just my opinion, as obviously stated throughout this thread

Have you even watched a Laker game? He was in fine condition and could easily play more minutes, but Phil Jackson had an infatuation with Kwame Brown. Jackson always wanted Brown to get minutes for some odd reason, but eventually he started playing Bynum more, which resulted in Bynum going on an offensive tear (19 PPG in 5 games before injury). Bynum was rarely in foul trouble as well. He only averaged 2.8 fouls per game...

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Have you even watched a Laker game? He was in fine condition and could easily play more minutes, but Phil Jackson had an infatuation with Kwame Brown. Jackson always wanted Brown to get minutes for some odd reason, but eventually he started playing Bynum more, which resulted in Bynum going on an offensive tear (19 PPG in 5 games before injury). Bynum was rarely in foul trouble as well. He only averaged 2.8 fouls per game...

look at the games where he played 35 minutes plus. Lots of fouls. And yes, I watched him play about 6 times last year. Saw enough. Wasn't impressed

x_notorious
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
look at the games where he played 35 minutes plus. Lots of fouls. And yes, I watched him play about 6 times last year. Saw enough. Wasn't impressed

In 28.8 MPG last year, Bynum averaged 2.8 fouls.

In 36 MPG last year, Bynum averaged 3.5 fouls.

Lots of fouls?

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 08:33 PM
In 28.8 MPG last year, Bynum averaged 2.8 fouls.

In 36 MPG last year, Bynum averaged 3.5 fouls.

Lots of fouls?

You have to look at each game individually, not just use simple math to determine it. Otherwise, in 40 mpg, Carl Landry averaged like 18-12, and was one of the most efficient players around. Those per 40 mpg averages are always funny to me, because playing 25 mpg is WAY different that consistently playing 40

lakersrock
09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Last season he got 6 fouls in a game twice and 5 in a game twice. Every other game he played in was 4 fouls or less.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Last season he got 6 fouls in a game twice and 5 in a game twice. Every other game he played in was 4 fouls or less.

In the 2 games he fouled out, he played 19 and 22 minutes. And as he plays more minutes, teams will go at him.
Again, I didn't drink the Laker coolaid, so I don't give a ***** about Bynum. There are a bunch of 23 and under players I would take over him any day of the week. My opinion. Y'all have yours.

x_notorious
09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
You have to look at each game individually, not just use simple math to determine it. Otherwise, in 40 mpg, Carl Landry averaged like 18-12, and was one of the most efficient players around. Those per 40 mpg averages are always funny to me, because playing 25 mpg is WAY different that consistently playing 40

That's the same metrics that calculates PPG, RPG, BPG, APG etc. So you're telling me all of that if flawed as well? All of that IS based on the game by game basis. Bynum has only fouled out twice this season, that is not much 'foul trouble'.

wayneo92
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
no point in debating with a hater guys=)

kobe24>jordan23
09-01-2008, 11:12 PM
bynum will win a mvp trophy and will be as dominante or better than dwight howard you can quote me on that people!!!!!!!

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
no point in debating with a hater guys=)

Sorry, didn't drink the Laker coolaid. If a player is going to be a total stud, he has done more than 13-10 in year 3. Regardless of age. Period. If I am wrong, then so be it. But if Bynum doesn't go for 20-10 this year, get off his schlong already, and quit bringing up the, "he's only 20". Potential is a word, not going out and getting 21-11 every night.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Kobe, what you said is just about as ridiculous as your name on the forums...Kobe is not better than Jordan...Bynum will also never win an MVP trophy seeing as it's a lot harder for big men to win MVPs in a guard/small forward dominated era in basketball. Also, Bynum will never be better than Howard...Bynum I think will be a top 5 center in the NBA in his prime, but never will he be better than Howard. Hawk, Bynum did that as the 3rd best player on his team before Pau, and now he will get the 4th most touches on the team. Once Pau leaves, Bynum will step up and be a very good center in the NBA, around 20, 10, and 2. Until that day comes though, Bynum will still be a good center, but not a top 5. 13, 10, and 2 is still a very very good stat line for anybody in the NBA. His age does play a role though...he's still only 20. In 5 years, he will be an all star and a lot better than he is now. Just give him more time.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
That's the same metrics that calculates PPG, RPG, BPG, APG etc. So you're telling me all of that if flawed as well? All of that IS based on the game by game basis. Bynum has only fouled out twice this season, that is not much 'foul trouble'.

no, what I am saying, and John Hollinger will back me up here, is that when a player averages 27 mpg, he has stats A. If you increase his minutes to 40 mpg for example, it is not likely that that player will keep the same mpg stats. They are fautiged, and the other team has attempted to solve what they are doing. So playing 40 mpg, and averaging 20-10, is FAR better than playing 20 mpg, and averaging 11-6 for example, even though per 40 mins, the second is better. Understand yet???

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Kobe, what you said is just about as ridiculous as your name on the forums...Kobe is not better than Jordan...Bynum will also never win an MVP trophy seeing as it's a lot harder for big men to win MVPs in a guard/small forward dominated era in basketball. Also, Bynum will never be better than Howard...Bynum I think will be a top 5 center in the NBA in his prime, but never will he be better than Howard.

anyone who argues Kobe is better than Jordan doesn't even justify a response, so no need to go there.

knicks1214
09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
anyone who argues Kobe is better than Jordan doesn't even justify a response, so no need to go there.
Lol, that I can agree with you 100%.

still1ballin
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
We just have to wait til this season to see Bynum's performance to answer all of our theories.

lalakobe24
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM

yu cnt realy say whos better cause jordan was always the number 1 option his whole career

nut anyways i think bynum is a beast and if he was a number option hed average atleast 20 ppg right now

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 11:40 PM
yu cnt realy say whos better cause jordan was always the number 1 option his whole career

nut anyways i think bynum is a beast and if he was a number option hed average atleast 20 ppg right now

well, judging from both statements, you have no understanding of the game of basketball.

lalakobe24
09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
well, judging from both statements, you have no understanding of the game of basketball.

judging from the one statement your a biased hater

x_notorious
09-02-2008, 12:13 AM
no, what I am saying, and John Hollinger will back me up here, is that when a player averages 27 mpg, he has stats A. If you increase his minutes to 40 mpg for example, it is not likely that that player will keep the same mpg stats. They are fautiged, and the other team has attempted to solve what they are doing. So playing 40 mpg, and averaging 20-10, is FAR better than playing 20 mpg, and averaging 11-6 for example, even though per 40 mins, the second is better. Understand yet???

And we are having this argument over what? Foul trouble? It's clear that Bynum doesn't get into it much. As LR mentioned, he has only been fouled out twice and gotten to 5 fouls twice. That's nothing. And his averages for fouls per game only back up my statement. Understand, yet?

I think it's pretty well known that your comments are coming from hatred then actual knowledge and facts. Simply put, you are a Laker hater. That's fine, but when coming into a debate, don't bring any of that nonsense. Especially if the things you are saying are false according to the facts shown.

G-Funk
09-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I think it's pretty well known that your comments are coming from hatred then actual knowledge and facts. Simply put, you are a Laker hater. That's fine, but when coming into a debate, don't bring any of that nonsense. Especially if the things you are saying are false according to the facts shown.

x2 :clap::clap::clap:

labeled a Laker hater, there is no point of debating with him, with anything that has 2 do with the Lakers, he's just going to give a biased answer with no knowledge.

G-Funk
09-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Bynum will still be a good center, but not a top 5. 13, 10, and 2 is still a very very good stat line for anybody in the NBA. His age does play a role though...he's still only 20. In 5 years, he will be an all star and a lot better than he is now. Just give him more time.

What other 5 centers would be ahead of him? top 3 I can see, top 5 I dunno... Yao and Howard ahead are the only on'es I can see ahead of him. I still think that Bynum will be better than D.Howard

JMan17
09-02-2008, 02:05 AM
I know I had that % when I was his age, and I wasn't a pro athlete.

lol sure buddy, unless you forgot to put the 4 or 5 in front of that 9 then i believe you :)

JMan17
09-02-2008, 02:10 AM
for sure he is, but I was responding to the dude that wanted me to name one player under 9%. The majority of the NBA is under that. Shoot, I was under that at 19-20 years old. I have a sneaking suspicion though, that Bynum will be less at 32 than I am. Ha!

I don't count anything with weak bones, i want to see a strong person like bynum is and not some weak bonded person like Yi.

ink
09-02-2008, 10:29 AM

Good post x.

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I was just wsaying top 5 to be safe. Al Jefferson, if he ever gets a center, will continue to get better, but IDK if he will be better than Bynum when Bynum hits his prime. Howard is going to be the best center I think, then Yao, then Bynum.

Frank Costanza
09-02-2008, 10:55 AM
When the Lakers were in their pre-Pau days they needed a big man to put all thier faith into. Bynum was that guy and he did well. Will he be their next hall of famer probably not, will be an intergral peice in a championship push , definatly, his stats would only be inflated to great numbers if they had no one else, but put this guy onto a team with many stars and he will be ur avg 16 points , 8 rebounds guy but team that with pau and u have a good front court and a trip to west conf finals with the rockets , only to get beat

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 11:06 AM

I agree until he proves why he shouldn't be.

THE NATION
09-02-2008, 11:16 AM

How is a 20 year old kid that averaged 13ppg 10rpg and 2bpg overrated? People like Oden and D Rose are more overrated than Bynum because they have done nothing in the NBA and for being the #1 pick Rose looked like trash in summer getting outplayed in every game.

Brian Webstar
09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Not a bad 3rd option to have.. Considering he was leading the NBA in FG % and what 3 blocks a game before he went down.. He's a monster but it's really 2 early to determine his Prime numbers, lets see him make it a full season before anything. I dont' think he's overrated, if you see the improvements he made and how quick he made them thats why everybody is so high on him. and he's got a 7'5" wingspan.. I see a 20-10 25-15 3 blocks regardless. As long as he stays healthy. thats the key with any young talent. And I will take that cause that is more then what most get out of their centers in the NBA now a days. A true 7 footer that will be better then Yao Ming in his prime.. Sky's the limit as long as he keeps working hard.. Better then Shaq will be tough BUT he's already a better FT shooter and already has a better "mini" jumper then shaq.
Bynum, Oden, D Howard are gonna be the top 3 big man for years to come..

ink
09-02-2008, 11:39 AM

How is a 20 year old kid that averaged 13ppg 10rpg and 2bpg overrated? People like Oden and D Rose are more overrated than Bynum because they have done nothing in the NBA and for being the #1 pick Rose looked like trash in summer getting outplayed in every game.

I don't think he said that Bynum was over-rated. JB, your post was cryptic.

Brian Webstar
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Not a bad 3rd option to have.. Considering he was leading the NBA in FG % and what 3 blocks a game before he went down.. He's a monster but it's really 2 early to determine his Prime numbers, lets see him make it a full season before anything. I dont' think he's overrated, if you see the improvements he made and how quick he made them thats why everybody is so high on him. and he's got a 7'5" wingspan.. I see a 20-10 25-15 3 blocks regardless. As long as he stays healthy. thats the key with any young talent. And I will take that cause that is more then what most get out of their centers in the NBA now a days. A true 7 footer that will be better then Yao Ming in his prime.. Sky's the limit as long as he keeps working hard.. Better then Shaq will be tough BUT he's already a better FT shooter and already has a better "mini" jumper then shaq.
Bynum, Oden, D Howard are gonna be the top 3 big man for years to come..
I see a 20-10 25-15 3 blocks regardless. I mean in his prime, Lakers won't need those numbers from him yet, he's just gotta play winning basketball and clog the middle. He gives the Lake show a much better shot blocker and where Pau is not the best of shot blockers he's not the worst.

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 12:10 PM

he's overrate not because he's not good but because everyone talks about him like he's going to be the michael jordan of centers...which to non lakers fan...is getting very annoying.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't think he said that Bynum was over-rated. JB, your post was cryptic.

No it wasn't, he typed what he meant. He picked the Lakers to lose just about every playoff series last year. Even to the Nuggets:speechless: Then when someone in the Rockets forum said they wanted to beat the Lakers in the playoffs just to shut up the Laker fans, JB went with one of these (:clap:) as his reply. I sense some biased in JB's post. :eyebrow:

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
No it wasn't, he typed what he meant. He picked the Lakers to lose just about every playoff series last year. Even to the Nuggets:speechless: Then when someone in the Rockets forum said they wanted to beat the Lakers in the playoffs just to shut up the Laker fans, JB went with one of these (:clap:) as his reply. I sense some biased in JB's post. :eyebrow:

it's not that people hate he Lakers team itself but people hate the Lakers FANS. take me for example, i love Kobe...i think he's the best player in the NBA. I love Phil...he's a great coach. i love Gasol..ever since he was in Memphis...but I HATE the Lakers fans with a passion because i think Lakers fans are the are the most obnoxious fans ever. seriously. yall go around the forum saying "Lakers are the best team" or "kobe's the best player" or "Bynum's the best center" every where every chance yall get to every body. especially the Bynum...yall make him sound like the next michael jordan of centers...some of yall even go as far as saying he's better than Yao Ming and Dwight Howard at the moment. seriously guys. if that's not overrated than i don't know what is.

ink
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
^ We have to get over that and talk about the players without worrying about a fan base. I think we'd have better discussions. Bynum is young and hasn't had time to show a lot, but from what I saw last year, I think he's going to be a great player. I admire Kareem a lot and I think Bynum is lucky to have an outstanding coach like him. I want to see more of the same from him this year.

Guys, relax with the "I hate this team's fans" stuff OK? :clap:

S.J.Basketball
People are just mad cuz the Lakers dominate the forums. Kobe & Bynum for Prez '08 baby!

Lakersfan24
On a good team, he looks like a star.... on an average team, he looks like a player with mere potential to be a star:
meaning
he is going to look good if the lakers are as good as expected to be

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
On a good team, he looks like a star.... on an average team, he looks like a player with mere potential to be a star:
meaning
he is going to look good if the lakers are as good as expected to be

wow...a Lakers fan that's not obnoxious :clap:

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 01:07 PM
lol sure buddy, unless you forgot to put the 4 or 5 in front of that 9 then i believe you :)

seriously?? 9% is not that difficult to attain thru exercise and diet. And when you are 20, you still have a teenage metabolism. There are tons of people his age at 9% that aren't even athletes. I was less than that in high school. More than 70% of the NBA is less than that, but then again, shorter guys tend to be more ripped for some reason, meaning a lot of the guards are around 4-6%. What a stupid tangent to go into dude, I don't need to prove myself to you physically. I am stating, and I attached a link, that 9% isn't even average.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Laker fans need to stop thinking people are haters because they don't agree with their opinions. And I have built a case with facts, and my opinion. People come on these boards to discuss opinions. Just because I don't agree that Bynum will be a star doesn't make me a hater. I don't see it in him, you Laker fans do. Neato. Get over yourselves. Please

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 01:10 PM
it's not that people hate he Lakers team itself but people hate the Lakers FANS. take me for example, i love Kobe...i think he's the best player in the NBA. I love Phil...he's a great coach. i love Gasol..ever since he was in Memphis...but I HATE the Lakers fans with a passion because i think Lakers fans are the are the most obnoxious fans ever. seriously. yall go around the forum saying "Lakers are the best team" or "kobe's the best player" or "Bynum's the best center" every where every chance yall get to every body. especially the Bynum...yall make him sound like the next michael jordan of centers...some of yall even go as far as saying he's better than Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. seriously guys. if that's not overrated than i don't know what is.

I can see that. But every team has that type of fan. Its just that there about 200 Laker fans on this site. For every horrible poster there is probably 10 good ones. But that still means there are 20 really overbearing posters trying to pound Lakers into everyones mind. Of course you are going to remember someone who makes idiotic post over someone that makes legitimate post. The Rockets have a lot of fans on here too. I have seen some of the worst posters on this site happen to be Rocket fans. That TmacYao2 guy has been banned over 50 times for making new names and horrible threads. TMac#1 does the same thing. The guy with a face as his name is always insulting people. Does that mean I should openly root against the Rockets just cause some idiots are from Houston?

So it might seem as if all Laker fans are that way, I think its a small minority of us that cause problems. Laker fans believe in their team. The team has always given us a reason to believe in them. Sometimes I agree, people go a little overboard. But it happens in every teams forum. Not just the Laker fans.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I can see that. But every team has that type of fan. Its just that there about 200 Laker fans on this site. For every horrible poster there is probably 10 good ones. But that still means there are 20 really overbearing posters trying to pound Lakers into everyones mind. Of course you are going to remember someone who makes idiotic post over someone that makes legitimate post. The Rockets have a lot of fans on here too. I have seen some of the worst posters on this site happen to be Rocket fans. That TmacYao2 guy has been banned over 50 times for making new names and horrible threads. TMac#1 does the same thing. The guy with a face as his name is always insulting people. Does that mean I should openly root against the Rockets just cause some idiots are from Houston?

So it might seem as if all Laker fans are that way, I think its a small minority of us that cause problems. Laker fans believe in their team. The team has always given us a reason to believe in them. Sometimes I agree, people go a little overboard. But it happens in every teams forum. Not just the Laker fans.

you should believe in your team. but you shouldn't call out people that don't agree with you opinions. Not pointed at you sir, but Laker fans are the most annoying out there. ZThey aren't reasonable in some cases. I guess thank god the Knicks suck, NY fans would probably be worse

Jetracer
09-02-2008, 01:25 PM
In a half court set, Andrew is better than D. Howard. Andrew is stronger, longer, and bigger than Dwight. In addition, although the statistcis don't reflect, Bynum is a better rebounder.

Rationale:
D. Howard is arguably Orlando's main gun offensively. Also, Howard is their principle rebounder. With the Lakers, Bynum doesn't get as many touches as Howard does due to the fact that we have plenty of offensive weapons, mainly Kobe. In addition, Bynum has to compete with another excellent rebounder on the lakers in Lamar Odom. The only area that I give it up Howard over Bynum is in the open court. Howard is more athletic.

In summary, If you run and gun like D'Antonni and try and get a shot off in 7 seconds, then Howard is your guy. Or Shaq (heheheh)

If you are like the majority of NBA teams and like to execute your offense, then Bynum is your guy.

It's that simple, and yes I am both a Laker and Andrew Bynum fan. Oh yea, and a Sun Yue Club member as well :D

THE NATION
09-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Laker fans need to stop thinking people are haters because they don't agree with their opinions. And I have built a case with facts, and my opinion. People come on these boards to discuss opinions. Just because I don't agree that Bynum will be a star doesn't make me a hater. I don't see it in him, you Laker fans do. Neato. Get over yourselves. PleaseWhat facts? Your just throwing stuuf out there and it really doesn't make sense.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 01:30 PM
In a half court set, Andrew is better than D. Howard. Andrew is stronger, longer, and bigger than Dwight. In addition, although the statistcis don't reflect, Bynum is a better rebounder.

Rationale:
D. Howard is arguably Orlando's main gun offensively. Also, Howard is their principle rebounder. With the Lakers, Bynum doesn't get as many touches as Howard does due to the fact that we have plenty of offensive weapons, mainly Kobe. In addition, Bynum has to compete with another excellent rebounder on the lakers in Lamar Odom. The only area that I give it up Howard over Bynum is in the open court. Howard is more athletic.

In summary, If you run and gun like D'Antonni and try and get a shot off in 7 seconds, then Howard is your guy. Or Shaq (heheheh)

If you are like the majority of NBA teams and like to execute your offense, then Bynum is your guy.

It's that simple, and yes I am both a Laker and Andrew Bynum fan. Oh yea, and a Sun Yue Club member :D

wow. someone needs to take your computer away

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
What facts? Your just throwing stuuf out there and it really doesn't make sense.

look back again. Read thru the Laker bias. I don't feel like reposting everything I have said about why I think Bynum is not the next great center.

Jetracer
09-02-2008, 01:32 PM
wow. someone needs to take your computer away

Why cuz you are still running on a Commodore 64 ? You just like being inflammatory around here, like a bad case of hemorrhoids. Put some cream on your mouth, so it'll stop running.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 01:32 PM
you should believe in your team. but you shouldn't call out people that don't agree with you opinions. Not pointed at you sir, but Laker fans are the most annoying out there. ZThey aren't reasonable in some cases. I guess thank god the Knicks suck, NY fans would probably be worse

I dont think I called anyone out. I can see where you would be skeptical of Bynum. He has been in bad shape for his first two years. He seemed like he lacked the fire that an NBA player needs to be an all star. He did not have what you would call a high basketball IQ. I was with you on all those things.... Until last year. Something clicked in the kids head. I dont know what it was. Maybe Kobe calling him out. Maybe he wanted to make a fat payday. I dont know. But from what I seen from him last year, granted in a limited amount of games, he is the real deal.He is very tall. A legit 7'0 footer with a 7'6 wingspan. Shoots at a high percentage. Shoots free throw well for a big man. Plays good defense. Is tough around the rim. Good rebounder. There is nothing more you could want from your center.

I nor anyone else truly thinks he is going to be one of the best centers ever. I think most of us believe he is very good for our team and its needs. I think because we have Kobe, Gasol, and Odom, Bynum is hyped so much. Because he is our 4th option. That is not a bad option to have. But if we didnt have the names I just mentioned, Laker fans would be saying Bynum sucks as a number 1 option. We need to get some real players in here.

grega1976
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM

:eyebrow: what the **** are you on? can I have some? name the last person to average 25 and 15...

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM

Rationale:

It's that simple, and yes I am both a Laker and Andrew Bynum fan. Oh yea, and a Sun Yue Club member as well :D

did you just say "D. Howard is arguable Orlando's main gun offensively"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOL :laugh2: :laugh: i stop reading the rest of your post after i read that line because that one line shows that the rest of your post isn't worth reading...actually..it shows NONE of your post is worth reading.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
:eyebrow: what the **** are you on? can I have some? name the last person to average 25 and 15...

25 and 15 is some high expectations. I think 22 and 11 at least a couple of years. Of course thats after Kobe and Gasol are gone and its Bynum by himself. Next year Im hoping for 14 and 11 and 3 blocks

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
25 and 15 is some high expectations. I think 22 and 11 at least a couple of years. Of course thats after Kobe and Gasol are gone and its Bynum by himself. Next year Im hoping for 14 and 11 and 3 blocks

that's a reasonable prediction. i agree with you. but i think he'll average a little more rebound when he reach his prime...somewhere around 12 or 13

grega1976
09-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Bynum improved his bench press from 265 pounds to 305, and his squats from 265 pounds 10 times to 405 pounds 10 times. His body fat dropped from 12 percent to nine.

wow a guy that ways 285 benched 305.. HOLY ****.. is he in any strong man contests? :rolleyes:
that's only 20lbs over his body weight.. any pro athelete should be able to do that.. It is good to see that he is trying to get in better shape though, he was pretty doughy when they drafted him.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
that's a reasonable prediction. i agree with you. but i think he'll average a little more rebound when he reach his prime...somewhere around 12 or 13

As long as his knee holds up that might be reasonable. But he has a subfluxation of the knee cap. Its worst than just dislocating it. It means it came out of place, and then went into the side of the knee. That is a far worst injury. USC'S quarterback Marc Sanchez had only a dislocation of the knee cap and he was able to come back playing football in 3 weeks. Sometimes when a joint is dislocated, it falls out rather easily after that. That is why the Laker's did not let him play on it for so long. They want it to be as close to fully heeled as possible so it does not happen again.

THE NATION
09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
look back again. Read thru the Laker bias. I don't feel like reposting everything I have said about why I think Bynum is not the next great center.

Not a fact, just you opinion. If you watched Bynum and looked up his numbers you will see that the more mpg he gets the more his numbers go up.

Sorry, didn't drink the Laker coolaid. If a player is going to be a total stud, he has done more than 13-10 in year 3. Regardless of age. Period. If I am wrong, then so be it. But if Bynum doesn't go for 20-10 this year, get off his schlong already, and quit bringing up the, "he's only 20". Potential is a word, not going out and getting 21-11 every night.

Again, not a fact. Take a look at guys like J Oneal and Josh Smith. Look at their first 2 or 3 years. Look at Al Jeffersons first 2 years.

Kevin Garnett didn’t get 10rpg until his 4 th year. The only reason he scored 18.5 ppg in his 3rd year was because he played 39.3mpg and shot about 16 times a game (15.8 to be exact) and was hitting at a 49.1% clip. Bynum in his 3rd year average 10 rpg while playing 10 less mpg than KG did in his 3rd season, Bynum scored 5.4 less points a game but shot only 8.4 times a game and converted at a 63.6% clip ( KG took double the shots Bynum did per game).

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Not a fact, just you opinion. If you watched Bynum and looked up his numbers you will see that the more mpg he gets the more his numbers go up.

Again, not a fact. Take a look at guys like J Oneal and Josh Smith. Look at their first 2 or 3 years. Look at Al Jeffersons first 2 years.

Kevin Garnett didn’t get 10rpg until his 4 th year. The only reason he scored 18.5 ppg in his 3rd year was because he played 39.3mpg and shot about 16 times a game (15.8 to be exact) and was hitting at a 49.1% clip. Bynum in his 3rd year average 10 rpg while playing 10 less mpg than KG did in his 3rd season, Bynum scored 5.4 less points a game but shot only 8.4 times a game and converted at a 63.6% clip ( KG took double the shots Bynum did per game).

That is shocking to me. I thought KG was a stud right out of high school.

grega1976
09-02-2008, 02:07 PM

that's reasonable.. although I just don't know what he can do without having Kobe around.. Kobe makes everyone ALOT better, he gets Bynum SOOOOO many good looks. I just don't know if Bynum could be a number 1 option because he is not a very good shooter right now.. but there is NO WAY he averages 25-15 for his career like that dude said.. Kareem quite arguably the best C ever only averaged 24.6, 11.2 (lol only), and that was in a period where the NBA was a more C oriented game than now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
that's reasonable.. although I just don't know what he can do without having Kobe around.. Kobe makes everyone ALOT better, he gets Bynum SOOOOO many good looks. I just don't know if Bynum could be a number 1 option because he is not a very good shooter right now.. but there is NO WAY he averages 25-15 for his career like that dude said.. Kareem quite arguably the best C ever only averaged 24.6, 11.2 (lol only), and that was in a period where the NBA was a more C oriented game than now.

I am hoping that the original poster was saying his career high would be 25 and 15. Not his career average. Even though that is still high, I think one player could do it for at least one season. I think KG could have done it if he was more selfish and shot more.

And about Kobe getting Bynum good looks. I totally agree. Bynums points come off offensive rebound put backs and lobs to the rim. His post game is limited right now. But that is why they practice. He is still only 20 and has time to learn to be more affective one on one in the post. I dont think it would be in the Lakers best interest to dump the ball into a 20 year old kid while Kobe, Gasol and Odom are on the floor. I think they will continue to use Bynum that way for the foreseeable future.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Lakers fans overrate him, and expect way to much out of the guy. Give him 3 years or so and he can develop into a 22/12/2 guy, an allstar at that point.

However, saying he's an allstar is just rediculous at this stage of his career, and probably he won't even sniff and allstar game until 3 years from now.

LAKERS 24/7
09-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Lakers fans overrate him, and expect way to much out of the guy. Give him 3 years or so and he can develop into a 22/12/2 guy, an allstar at that point.

However, saying he's an allstar is just rediculous at this stage of his career, and probably he won't even sniff and allstar game until 3 years from now.

Is that why there was talk about him being in it this past season before he got hurt? Granted it was only talk and that there was only a slight chance he would make it, but its still something.

JMan17
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
[/B]

That is shocking to me. I thought KG was a stud right out of high school.

same, and the KG was really the only good player on the t-wolves while bynum had kobe and odom before gasol arrived which means....hehe :D

AllTheWay
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
wow a guy that ways 285 benched 305.. HOLY ****.. is he in any strong man contests? :rolleyes:
that's only 20lbs over his body weight.. any pro athelete should be able to do that.. It is good to see that he is trying to get in better shape though, he was pretty doughy when they drafted him.

Funny how you didnt mention the other part about increasing his squats...

scruffmacgruff
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I say about 14 and 11 so a double double at best the kid is trash without kobe

29$JerZ
09-02-2008, 03:30 PM
14 10 Next season
Prime + No Kobe + Being Main Option = 22 12 2

agnine
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM

Enough of the haterade. Foul trouble, mostly from guards getting in the lane, was what kept Bynum from playing more than 27 mpg. The guy made a major leap from '06-'07 to '07-'08 in terms of production, don't see how anyone cannot see that. Look for minutes and stats to go up this season after a PJax induced slow start.

As far as the D12 vs. Bynum debate. D12 is a superior athlete in terms of speed and explosiveness, but lacks skill. Bynum is not the athlete, though he jumps and runs better than most the haters out there give him credit for, but last season showed better post moves and court awareness. Both were 1 and 2 in DUNKS before th injury.

agnine
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
because I haven't seen the tools in him. Oh well, I disagree. And I don't like the Lakers, but I don't let biases distort my opinions. I have watched NBA basketball for over 20 years, and I have seen a lot of players come and go. I don't think he will be all that special. My opinion. Who cares?

Yeah? Riiiiggghht.

grega1976
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Funny how you didnt mention the other part about increasing his squats...

I know dudes under 200lbs that squat way more than Bynum.. It's not like benching 305 and squating 400 or whatever is that big of a deal, I benched over 270 on several occasions when i only weighed
between 170-180lbs. A guy I was stationed with at PSAB, Saudi Arabia benched 530lbs and he only weighed about 220. The same dude also leg pressed over 1000lbs.. and he didn't have a personal trainer. Anyways, I gave Bynum credit for working out and getting in shape (or trying to) so shut the **** up and get off my nuts...

THE NATION
09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I know dudes under 200lbs that squat way more than Bynum.. It's not like benching 305 and squating 400 or whatever is that big of a deal, I benched over 270 on several occasions when i only weighed
between 170-180lbs. A guy I was stationed with at PSAB, Saudi Arabia benched 530lbs and he only weighed about 220. The same dude also leg pressed over 1000lbs.. and he didn't have a personal trainer. Anyways, I gave Bynum credit for working out and getting in shape (or trying to) so shut the **** up and get off my nuts...:clap:
Good for that guy, I wonder why he hasn't been drafted yet.
Im pretty sure any dude who can do that would not be very good at basketball.

grega1976
09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Is that why there was talk about him being in it this past season before he got hurt? Granted it was only talk and that there was only a slight chance he would make it, but its still something.

I like how you answered your own question. I never heard ANY talk about Bynum making the All Star team.. that must have just been an LA thing. He wasn't even a top 5 C in the West last season before the all star break.
Aldridge 17 7 1
Yao 22 11 2
Kaman 16 14 3
Duncan 20 12 2
Gasol 19 9 1
Amare 23 9 2
were all listed as C's on the ballot and all were more productive than Bynum.. and don't give me any PER or any ******** like that.. those stats are fake the real ones are the ones the player puts up..

grega1976
09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Good for that guy, I wonder why he hasn't been drafted yet.
Im pretty sure any dude who can do that would not be very good at basketball.

he was better at football but he had some game..
the point is I guess if benching 300 and squating 400 is a big deal in LA than good for him.. It's just not that big of a deal where I come from.. especially not from a man who weighs 285

THE NATION
09-02-2008, 05:53 PM
he was better at football but he had some game..
the point is I guess if benching 300 and squating 400 is a big deal in LA than good for him.. It's just not that big of a deal where I come from.. especially not from a man who weighs 285I think the point was how much he improved in those areas in 1 offseason. He also took his mile from like 8 1/2 min to 6 1/2 min, that with the improved strength was pretty impressive for last offseason and he was a lot better on the court. He is working with the same trainer this year and as a Laker fan I don't think he will have any problem putting up 16ppg and 12rpg, with 2 blocks as the 3rd or 4th option. Other fans might want to call him a bust, but other fans would love to have him as their 3rd or 4th option also.