PDA

View Full Version : goodnight Golden State

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
They are no longer in the playoff conversation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3556108

Spurred1
08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
I think they probably started fading from it when Davis left. This Ellis injury pretty much confirms it, unfortunately.

FromDallas
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Sucks to be them.

Nets fan 93
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Ellis is only injured 3 months i thought... I see them right where the were last year, them fighting for the playoffs but missing

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Ellis is only injured 3 months i thought... I see them right where the were last year, them fighting for the playoffs but missing

they were already on the outside looking in. Take their best player, and he misses the first 30 games. It takes him another 15 games to get in shape. They are 16-29 by then in all reality. I am sure I will be blasted by GS fans for this prediction, but it is a reality.

bball1217
08-27-2008, 11:08 PM
man that sucks for them...

SAVAGE CLAW
08-27-2008, 11:15 PM
They never where since they let Davis Walk.

They have to many combo Sg/sf and SF/PF and lack a true Pg a true PF and a center.

This may be the most disgraceful franchise in the last 20 + years.

Two times they reached the Poffs , two times they completely messed up the achievemente right away.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 11:38 PM
When Greg Oden went out, people thought Portland would blow, but they didn't. Besides, Monta Ellis won't be out the entire season. Marcus Williams, Stephen Jackson, and Al Harrington can still step up to produce a semi-successful season. I don't really see them getting much worse; they already have to accept change with Baron Davis gone.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
When Greg Oden went out, people thought Portland would blow, but they didn't. Besides, Monta Ellis won't be out the entire season. Marcus Williams, Stephen Jackson, and Al Harrington can still step up to produce a semi-successful season. I don't really see them getting much worse; they already have to accept change with Baron Davis gone.

I forgot to include Andris Biedrins stepping up too.

dre1990
08-27-2008, 11:45 PM
I think they probably started fading from it when Davis left. This Ellis injury pretty much confirms it, unfortunately.

agreed

TMAC94
08-27-2008, 11:47 PM
still a chance

TMAC94
08-27-2008, 11:48 PM
they have harington, Jackson and Beindris

Nets fan 93
08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
they were already on the outside looking in. Take their best player, and he misses the first 30 games. It takes him another 15 games to get in shape. They are 16-29 by then in all reality. I am sure I will be blasted by GS fans for this prediction, but it is a reality.

Well you never know... Marcus played extremely well when Kidd left and Devin was still hurt. i think we went 4-6... not sure. Maybe that trade will for Marcus will land him the starting spot?

dodgers07champs
08-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Right after his big contract, too. That sucks..I was looking forward to watching them play, hopefully Ellis recovers fast.

#1Mavericksfan
08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
I was looking foward to him playing the PG but I guess now that's gonna have to wait.

bigmac8675
08-28-2008, 02:03 AM
I will admit that it is going to be much more difficult for the W's to make the playoffs this year with Ellis injured for the first part of the season.... but I wouldn't count them out with Maggette, Jackson, and Beidrins. I guess I just have faith.

TheAnswer037108
08-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Without ellis their lineup looks like this: Marcus Williams, Stephen Jackson, Corey Maggette, Al Harrington, Andris Biedrins. Now compare that to their chief rivals that eight spot...the Clippers: Baron Davis, Cuttino Mobley, Ricky Davis, Marcus Camby, and Chris Kaman....doesnt look too favorable if u ask me.

FortyDubs
08-28-2008, 03:12 AM
They never where since they let Davis Walk.

They have to many combo Sg/sf and SF/PF and lack a true Pg a true PF and a center.

This may be the most disgraceful franchise in the last 20 + years.

Two times they reached the Poffs , two times they completely messed up the achievemente right away.

Get this nonsense out of my face. If you're going to insult a franchise at least be somewhat coherent. All retardation aside, I'm a realist. Their playoff hopes weren't high going into the season, and now they obviously have dropped even more. We shocked the world once, let them play their season without your mindless dribble.

DenButsu
08-28-2008, 03:47 AM
Well you never know... Marcus played extremely well when Kidd left and Devin was still hurt. i think we went 4-6... not sure. Maybe that trade will for Marcus will land him the starting spot?

Uh, Nets fan 93, any particular reason you suddenly decided to start making all your posts size 4?

Is it really so noisy in here that you have to shout over everyone else?

Really, I think it probably isn't.

I think we can all hear you just fine in regular ol' size 2.

Sorry, not trying to be an ***.

Just trying to save my eardrums.

:cool:

LAKERS 24/7
08-28-2008, 03:53 AM
I thought Beidrens went to Phoenix?

Nets fan 93
08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Uh, Nets fan 93, any particular reason you suddenly decided to start making all your posts size 4?

Is it really so noisy in here that you have to shout over everyone else?

Really, I think it probably isn't.

I think we can all hear you just fine in regular ol' size 2.

Sorry, not trying to be an ***.

Just trying to save my eardrums.

:cool:
I dont know I thought it looked cool when i used it in my final writeup(mock offseason), so i said, why not :)

BTW i dont think any of you can here me at all ;)

DenButsu
08-28-2008, 04:43 AM
We can.

AllTheWay
08-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Seriously. Tune it down

Iodine
08-28-2008, 05:28 AM
I dont know I thought it looked cool when i used it in my final writeup(mock offseason), so i said, why not :)

BTW i dont think any of you can here me at all ;)

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!

AllTheWay
08-28-2008, 05:32 AM
so keep it down

JJ81
08-28-2008, 07:56 AM
I feel sorry for Ronny

S.J.Basketball
08-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Mavs and Nugs aren't 50 win teams this season. Nugs have garbage D and the Mavs...don't get me started. I see Portland creeping in and with an improved Clippers squad it's going to be difficult for the Warriors to stay with the playoff race although I have faith in them being able to do it even with Ellis out.

BTW...Davis leaving actually gave the warriors ALOT of room to sign their young core players to long term contracts and I see that as a good thing. We're moving on without Davis. No biggie. We're far better off at this point growing into a better team locking up our young core instead of giving another huge contract to an aging Davis who won't bring us a championship. Highlights and fun plays are great, but that can only last so long and we want a team we can build on that can be a major playoff contender and this is the first step. Plus...the getting drunk the night before the biggest game of the year was ridiculous....

And we didn't "let Davis get away". He left us. Get your facts straight.

SensandRaps
08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
to bad for the warriors i thought they were finally becoming a descent basketball team

DenButsu
08-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Mavs and Nugs aren't 50 win teams this season. Nugs have garbage D

I think the Nuggets D will be better than last season if Nene is healthy, and if J.R. Smith starts.

That's right. Better without Camby, and with J.R. in the starting 5.

AI-JR-Melo-K-Mart-Nene > AC-AI-Melo-K-Mart-Camby... ...defensively.

You'll see.

RapsFan4Life
08-28-2008, 08:44 AM
monta is wicked and i love to watch GS play so his injury will hurt fans, he is an electric player and someone who plays with heart, i hope he can jump back and warriors will get a nice draft pick and 2009/2010 fight for in the West

S.J.Basketball
08-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I think the Nuggets D will be better than last season if Nene is healthy, and if J.R. Smith starts.

You'll see.

LoL allright allright. It can't get any worse that's for sure:p

DenButsu
08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
LoL allright allright. It can't get any worse that's for sure:p

Short version... Camby only swats and blocks, basically. Nene actually plays on-the-ball post defense. K-Mart does, too.

J.R.'s D has sucked in the past, but it improved dramatically over the course of the last season. And having another midget (AC) next to AI will always be a liability. J.R. can't really contain the league's better sgs yet, but his height offsets the liability of AI's shortness, and he should be able to do a decent enough job so that, if K and Nene are holding the middle, Melo can rotate for doubles. I know this will sound crazy to most people, but look at Melo in the Olympics. The problem is not that he's not capable of playing good D - he is. Not great, maybe, but good.

Rome
08-28-2008, 11:11 AM
There gonna have to step it up bigtime until he's back to 100 percent. Don't think they can do it.

Nets fan 93
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Seriously. Tune it down

We can.
Whats the big deal?

superkegger
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Maybe they should take a look at the jobless Shaun Livingston? couldn't hurt.

Nets fan 93
08-28-2008, 11:51 AM
marcus will do just fine imo

superkegger
08-28-2008, 11:54 AM
marcus will do just fine imo

maybe, but it never hurts to have a backup pg. :shrug:

IndyRealist
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM

You'll see.

If Kevin Martin starts producing like he did pre-injury, I think they're not in bad shape. You can't lose a defensive player of the year and not slip some, though. But this isn't a Nuggets thread, so....

I think the Warriors are done, personally. Jackson and Harrington are producing at 98%, they can't give much more. Magette will help, but I don't think his scoring compensates for Davis' and Ellis' playmaking. He does play D, though. Maybe Marcus Williams will surprise me.

pippsux
08-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't see them making the playoffs. They lost their floor general and leader to the Clippers, Monte Ellis is out for 3 months after a fat contract and Maggette has pressure to step up into a leading role finally.

DLeeicious
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
It's just a ligament in his ankle I think. Regular season isn't for two months. He could potentially be back and only miss a handful of games. However it may take some time to get back into shape, but still he will be a big part of this team this season.

m26555
08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Where are you getting 30 games? It says three months..We're in August. That means he could be back by the end of November..meaning that they'll be MAYBE 15 games into the season..Golden State will still make the playoffs. Mark it down.

eddynooo
08-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Where are you getting 30 games? It says three months..We're in August. That means he could be back by the end of November..meaning that they'll be MAYBE 15 games into the season..Golden State will still make the playoffs. Mark it down.

Just like how Stephen Jackson was suspended for the first 6 games of the 07-08 season and ended up missing the playoffs by 2 games?

I'm sorry there's no such thing as 9th seed or 15th. There's no such thing as you almost made the playoffs so that's ok for this season. You make the playoffs or you don't.

IndyRealist
08-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Just like how Stephen Jackson was suspended for the first 6 games of the 07-08 season and ended up missing the playoffs by 2 games?

I'm sorry there's no such thing as 9th seed or 15th. There's no such thing as you almost made the playoffs so that's ok for this season. You make the playoffs or you don't.

Amen, brutha. I don't think this team can run without Baron.

And compound Ellis being gone for three months on top of that, getting back into shape for another month after...you're looking at 25-30 games that the team will be lacking it's star player in top form. Say they go .250 during that time, 7-21 just to make the numbers easy (fairly realistic with their top PG out, who was the backup a year ago). Say they go .750 the other 54 games, or 41-13 (highly unrealistic considering it's the west). That puts them at 48-34 for the year, which is not 8th seed in the West. In fact it puts them exactly where they were last year, 9th, which is probably optimistic considering 10th, 13th, and 14th, Portland, LA Clippers and Minnesota, all improved this offseason.

MiamiHeat
08-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Finally Marcus Williams will get a chance to play :D

bigmac8675
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
^^^^It sucks overall... but at the same time I am kind of excited to see him play and what he can do starting over a period of time.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Mavs and Nugs aren't 50 win teams this season. Nugs have garbage D and the Mavs...don't get me started. I see Portland creeping in and with an improved Clippers squad it's going to be difficult for the Warriors to stay with the playoff race although I have faith in them being able to do it even with Ellis out.

BTW...Davis leaving actually gave the warriors ALOT of room to sign their young core players to long term contracts and I see that as a good thing. We're moving on without Davis. No biggie. We're far better off at this point growing into a better team locking up our young core instead of giving another huge contract to an aging Davis who won't bring us a championship. Highlights and fun plays are great, but that can only last so long and we want a team we can build on that can be a major playoff contender and this is the first step. Plus...the getting drunk the night before the biggest game of the year was ridiculous....

And we didn't "let Davis get away". He left us. Get your facts straight.

I agree. I started this thread saying they have no shot at playoffs this year, but they have a bright future possibly

bogdanrom
08-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately for the Warriors I can't see anyway that they make the playoffs, unless someone has like a MVP season which is high unlikely. The good news out of this is that they have a bright future, but also that they will be in the lottery which could put them in the position to draft some talent. In the end they might come up a better, stronger team.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Amen, brutha. I don't think this team can run without Baron.

And compound Ellis being gone for three months on top of that, getting back into shape for another month after...you're looking at 25-30 games that the team will be lacking it's star player in top form. Say they go .250 during that time, 7-21 just to make the numbers easy (fairly realistic with their top PG out, who was the backup a year ago). Say they go .750 the other 54 games, or 41-13 (highly unrealistic considering it's the west). That puts them at 48-34 for the year, which is not 8th seed in the West. In fact it puts them exactly where they were last year, 9th, which is probably optimistic considering 10th, 13th, and 14th, Portland, LA Clippers and Minnesota, all improved this offseason.

agreed. I think they will now finish around 35 wins for the season. They have a bright future though. Davis leaving is actually good in the long run, but it wasn't going to help this season. Add this injury, and Warriors fans are in for a long year. I think they finish ahead of Memphis and OKC, but probably nobody else in the west.

SmeertheBeard
08-28-2008, 07:15 PM
He will be back in December but it could be way worse. We could be the CLIPPERS!