PDA

View Full Version : Offensive BS

rrude
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Probably no one will care but check out the blurb about Ron Artest here:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-33-232/First-Cup--Wednesday.html

The writer basically equates him to OJ Simpson. I'm sorry but killing your wife and being a certified maniac is way worse than anything Ron's ever done. I think a lot of Ron's mistakes seem pretty human (I mean, wouldn't you be tempted to punch someone if they threw a beer on your head from nowhere? How many of us haven't had one argument with a girlfriend or wife that didn't get at least a little physical?). Whereas OJ seems like a space alien. This is the kind of thoughtless stuff that completely undermines a writers credibility.

SensandRaps
08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
the writer should be fired immediately!

Jezeble
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Last time I checked, OJ was found not guilty in a court of law, yet every time a Black man is being denigrated, he is immediately compared to OJ. Imagine what would happen if it was vice versa with comparisons to Jeffrey Dhama(sp) or Son of Sam.:rolleyes:

Rome
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
That's stupid. If I played in the NBA I'd be a lot like Ron artest.

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
That's dumb. I don't even see Artest being an OJ. What OJ did was just crazy. Artest had a reason to punch the guy.

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Ridiculous.

njnets
08-27-2008, 06:29 PM
lets see:

ron punches a guy, OJ allegedly KILLED his wife. too totally different scales and scenarios.

people do make mistakes though. he should have to apologize to ron, not be fired. people are not perfect. if he doesn't apologize though, he should be fired ASAP.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Let's get real now. OJ DID kill his wife, not allegedly. If he didn't have the best lawyers in the world, and his fame, he would be in prison trying to make a shank as we speak.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, OJ was most likely guilty of those murders, but he got off. Don't even want to get into that. But Artest is nothing like a murderous Simpson. He is certifiably crazy, for sure, but I don't think anyone is in serious danger. Although, living in Houston, I did make a joke that the trade will be great, but hopefully Artest doesn't shank McGrady in the shower for missing him on the break

DreamShaker
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Well, OJ was most likely guilty of those murders, but he got off. Don't even want to get into that. But Artest is nothing like a murderous Simpson. He is certifiably crazy, for sure, but I don't think anyone is in serious danger. Although, living in Houston, I did make a joke that the trade will be great, but hopefully Artest doesn't shank McGrady in the shower for missing him on the break

Your wrong! He's not guilty....he's even looking for the real killers!!!

bigmac8675
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow... i just wasted a few minutes of my life.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Ron Artest is definitely nothing like Simpson. OJ was a much better actor. He was great in The Naked Gun, and also pretty talented in the courtroom (or maybe it was the money). Either way, Ron Artest is nothing like O.J. Simpson; he's just a moronic bafoon claiming to "represent his race."

USMCLaker
08-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Last time I checked, OJ was found not guilty in a court of law, yet every time a Black man is being denigrated, he is immediately compared to OJ. Imagine what would happen if it was vice versa with comparisons to Jeffrey Dhama(sp) or Son of Sam.:rolleyes:,

I agree 100%, I could never understand how so many people can state that OJ is guilty; the fact is he was acquitted by 12 jurors not 11, not 10, 9, 8, etc...12 jurors and to say that they let him go because they were black is both ignorant and racist. They had to find him guilty without a reasonable doubt which was clearly not established. I live in Los Angeles, I watched the trial everyday and I don't know whether he did it or not. The murders were clearly committed in the trademark coke cartel style and there were men seen running from the scene of the crime if that does not cause reasonable doubt nothing does. There were many other points leading to reasonable doubt which led to an acquittal but the bottom line is that the only people that know whether OJ committed those murders is the victims, OJ, and the actual killer(s).

I am glad that he did some time because he did beat his wife like a freaking coward he deserved to get the zhit beat out of him for the domestic violence, I only wish that I could legally do it; I hate men that put their hands on women, punk azzz cowards. I feel sorry for the Simpson children for losing their Mother, Father (innocent or guilty they will never see him the same) and their innocence, the Goldmans annoyed me, I don't know why.

USMCLaker
08-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Oh yea and Artest rocks. Unless your a saint you can't justifiably judge him.

GSW Hoops
08-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Last time I checked, OJ was found not guilty in a court of law, yet every time a Black man is being denigrated, he is immediately compared to OJ. Imagine what would happen if it was vice versa with comparisons to Jeffrey Dhama(sp) or Son of Sam.:rolleyes:

For me it has nothing to do with race. OJ's a scumbag any way you look at it. Look at how he raises his kids.... Plus, he steals satellite TV.

There are plenty of nutcases of every race. It just so happens that O.J. is the most well-known athlete who is a notorious scumbag. Watch CSPAN for about half an hour and you'll hear several references to Hitler, the Unibomber, Manson, etc.

But anyways, comparing Ron to OJ is ridiculous. Ron snapped when provoked, which is not excusable but definitely understandable. But Rockets fans, there has to be a reason that every team Ron's been on has been itching to trade him...

S.J.Basketball
08-28-2008, 08:44 AM
That's dumb. I don't even see Artest being an OJ. What OJ did was just crazy. Artest had a reason to punch the guy.

Didn't he go after the WRONG guy which in turn started a riot and made children cry in the stands and then instead of apologizing he tried promoting his record label and some weak albums on TV in interviews through all the publicity? Just sayin.....

Personally I thought the OJ comparison was funny. OJ WAS GUILTY!!!

ewing
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Probably no one will care but check out the blurb about Ron Artest here:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-33-232/First-Cup--Wednesday.html

The writer basically equates him to OJ Simpson. I'm sorry but killing your wife and being a certified maniac is way worse than anything Ron's ever done. I think a lot of Ron's mistakes seem pretty human (I mean, wouldn't you be tempted to punch someone if they threw a beer on your head from nowhere? How many of us haven't had one argument with a girlfriend or wife that didn't get at least a little physical?). Whereas OJ seems like a space alien. This is the kind of thoughtless stuff that completely undermines a writers credibility.

just another unhappy judgemental prick. If your a Rocket fan you should be happy that Ron is coming to town. He is special basketball player and other then the Pacers crumbling after the bawrl he has always made his teams better. I'll never understand these "fans/writers" that act like if Ron is on there team they have room with him or something. He makes the team better that way fans are happy moron

USMCLaker
08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Didn't he go after the WRONG guy which in turn started a riot and made children cry in the stands and then instead of apologizing he tried promoting his record label and some weak albums on TV in interviews through all the publicity? Just sayin.....

Personally I thought the OJ comparison was funny. OJ WAS GUILTY!!!

I bet he felt dumb going after the weakest and wrong guy but I have to admit the OH Zhit expression on his face was funny.