PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Punter

SenecaValley46
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Who would you like to see win the job?

Ernster or Berger

I havent been able to really follow it because i have football practice pretty much all day long.

dbroncos78087
08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
I always liked Ernster (when he was with the Broncos) but he kept letting me down. He would show a great punt and then several bad ones. Including unblocked punts of roughly 20-30 yards.

NYMetros
08-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I always liked Ernster (when he was with the Broncos) but he kept letting me down. He would show a great punt and then several bad ones. Including unblocked punts of roughly 20-30 yards.

That's not good. Inconsistency is not something you want to have as a punter. It's really a tough decision as to who to give the starting nod to. Both Berger and Ernester didn't play much last season, I'm not really sure how much that ties into the decision though.

I'll say Berger just because he is the more consistent punter.

dbroncos78087
08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
That's not good. Inconsistency is not something you want to have as a punter. It's really a tough decision as to who to give the starting nod to. Both Berger and Ernester didn't play much last season, I'm not really sure how much that ties into the decision though.

I'll say Berger just because he is the more consistent punter.

Ernster was pretty good with kickoffs if i remember correctly but i wouldnt want him as a punter.

Steelinks
08-27-2008, 03:29 PM
I haven't seen enough of either to make a sound decision. I'll go with Ernster I guess because he hasn't looked to bad yet I guess.

CubbieSteve
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Berger.

myqntab
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
eh...one half dozen or the other....neither one stood out....

hyp21
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Berger imo is best suited to punt for us. Never thought I'd say this, but i miss our punter already!

NYMetros
08-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Berger imo is best suited to punt for us. Never thought I'd say this, but i miss our punter already!

People think that special teams isn't important, but they are mistaken. ST's are extremely important. In the playoffs last season, one of the huge factors in helping the Giants and Chargers to upset the Cowboys and Colts respectively were their punters and return teams. Hopefully this isn't an area where we struggle in this year.

SwaggaIke
08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Ernster is garbage. Nobody wants to see him shank all year long.

myqntab
08-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Ernster is garbage. Nobody wants to see him shank all year long.

agreed...berger is the obvious choice