PDA

View Full Version : Kobeless lakers?

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Imagine Kobe had to sit out the season with an injury, do lakers still make playoffs ? What seed.

I think since Pau could lead Grizzlies to an 8th seed twice and Odom is not much worse than Battier and Bynum is better than any otehr players they had back then in Memphis he could still lead tehm to 7th or 8th seed.

Rome
08-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I could see them making the 8th spot if even. We all know how stacked the west is. They would have to play great together without their leader and I can't say could see that happening.

Barely making it if even.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
It's always a possibility, but not likely. Pau likes to whine when he doesn't have the players he wants around. He might just drag the team down. Bynum would perform just as well, especially having Kareem Abdul Jabar training him. The Lakers' young guys are stepping up more and more. They might become more cohesive and reliable without Kobe to fall back on. It's always possible, but not likely.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
i think they would fair pretty good maybe 8th seed....dont think it would b as bad as cavs losing lgj cuz at least the lakers have other good players

CELTICS4LYFE
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
It's always a possibility, but not likely. Pau likes to whine when he doesn't have the players he wants around. He might just drag the team down. Bynum would perform just as well, especially having Kareem Abdul Jabar training him. The Lakers' young guys are stepping up more and more. They might become more cohesive and reliable without Kobe to fall back on. It's always possible, but not likely.

:confused: he has never had any players around him b4 he went to the lakers i never heard anything bout him complaining....

lakers4sho
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Probably eighth seed.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
he complained because one year he has Bonzi wells, Jason willams, james posey and Battier and they make the playoffs two times in a row and then suddenly he finds himselg with NONE of the above with eddie jones being the supposed second star....

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
8th seed. 7th seed the best. The West is too stacked and if you get one of your star players is injured, you could easily be out of the playoff race.

Tom81
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I could see them making the 8th spot if even. We all know how stacked the west is. They would have to play great together without their leader and I can't say could see that happening.

Barely making it if even.

agreed,west is too tight.

Wake's Fastball
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Absolutely not. They'd be competing with the Blazers and improved Clippers for that 8th spot, and if Gasol was the centerpiece of the league's worst team when he had Rudy Gay and Mike Miller as a supporting cast, I can't imagine the Lakers remain good with him as their leader.

rapswin98
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
if they were to make playoffs they would finish 8th at best, but i don't think they can make the playoffs the western conference is to competitive

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-27-2008, 02:09 PM
6th seed

Bynum/Gasol is nuff said

JordansBulls
08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Imagine Kobe had to sit out the season with an injury, do lakers still make playoffs ? What seed.

I think since Pau could lead Grizzlies to an 8th seed twice and Odom is not much worse than Battier and Bynum is better than any otehr players they had back then in Memphis he could still lead tehm to 7th or 8th seed.

There was no difference between the 7th and 8th seed this year but one game. I think they would have made the playoffs, but only if Gasol played every game from when Kobe got injured or sat out.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Nooo way the lakers make the playoffs. Kobe is the sole reason they went anywhere. You take Kobe away and whos your number one, soft pau, overrated and overhyped bynum? PLEASE. i wish kobe had to sitout this season. i would love it. the reactions by all these laker fans on here would be classic

MoBASS
08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
If this were two years ago all the Kobe-haters would be saying we'd be even better without Him.

What a difference it makes when people get a chance to actually see who he is, without making judgments on what they see through the eyes of the media.

Kings Faithful
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
No, i dont think they make it. Although they would stay competitive, alot of their wins come from Kobe just going crazy at the end of games and i don't know if the rest of the Laker squad would be able to fill that void.

superkegger
08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Nooo way the lakers make the playoffs. Kobe is the sole reason they went anywhere. You take Kobe away and whos your number one, soft pau, overrated and overhyped bynum? PLEASE. i wish kobe had to sitout this season. i would love it. the reactions by all these laker fans on here would be classic

Thats a lame thing to say. Hoping someone has to sitout. :rolleyes:

Plus if he did, and what you say happens, it would only make kobe fans all that more intolerable, because they could just point to it and say "Look, they suck without Kobe, he must be the greatest ever, yada yada yada."

The Lakers outside of Kobe are still talented. That frontcourt is big, long and athletic enough to do some damage of it's own. Yes Kobe is their guy and their soul, but Sasha isn't the scrub he used to be and he/farmar/ariza could do a decent job at the 2 so that they would have a shot at the 8th seed.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Gay, a young in his first and second year in the league, who stil has a lot to develop and that is a Ballhog that does not understand team play and Miller, Good trhee poitn shooter Horribel at eveything else.....

Who were the other starters? An inexperienced Lowry, a worn out and disggruntled Stoudamire, a compelte bust like Milicic, a good reserve as best Hakeemm Warrikc......

Come On!!! they still gto 20 + Seasons with all that crap.

Not even Jordan would have took that bunch higher tan 30 victories.

Oh and of course, for some rando reason they never gave him as much shots as they should have.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I see them barely making the playoffs
but won't go far if they make it

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
No, i dont think they make it. Although they would stay competitive, alot of their wins come from Kobe just going crazy at the end of games and i don't know if the rest of the Laker squad would be able to fill that void.

and a lot of lakers loses come out in titght games when he goes widl in the fourth quarter and he has and off night but still he shoots and shoots and shoots and does not care to look for the open man.

Like in the finals.

cambovenzi
08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
it used to be no shot in hell, but look who they would have now.

Gasol, Bynum, odom, Fisher.
alot of talent there.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
it used to be no shot in hell, but look who they would have now.

Gasol, Bynum, odom, Fisher.
alot of talent there.

????? where?? i dont see it

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
i think they would fair pretty good maybe 8th seed....dont think it would b as bad as cavs losing lgj cuz at least the lakers have other good players

i see them making 9th spot and the nuggs catch that 8th spot, Pau just cant do it without kobe and derrik fish is too old ...

CELTICS4LYFE ... id like to know who lgj is?
Lebron-god-James?

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Take clippers.

Ok accept that Davis is better than Pau.

teh rest?

Is kaman much better than Odom?

Camby much better than FIsher?

Davis better than Bynum?

Bench????

sp1derm00
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Teams that would be better:

Spurs
Suns
Mavs
Blazers
Hornets
Rockets
Jazz

So it would be between Denver, Lakers, and possibly the Clippers if it works out well for them.

dannyking18
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
You Guys Are Dumb I Say The Lakers Without Bryant Would Make The 5th Or 4th Spot Honestly They Would.sasha Vujacic Is Going Be Much More Improved Than Last Year Now Without Kobe Out, Sasha Has More Playing Time And More Shooting Time.pls Lets Dont Foget About Andrew Bynum His A Monster If U Guys Seen His Last 7 Games He Averaged 17.4 Ppg With 11rpg Pls,and Plus Pau Gasol In The Line-up 18.6ppg And Odom Aswell 14.5...and Dereck Fisher Who Had 12.9ppg At The Middle Of The Season Serious They Would Make It To 5th Or 4th Seed.!!! No Bullshitting Maybe 3th Seed

Gasol-ppg=20.8
Bynum-ppg=17.1
Odom-ppg=14.7
Sasha-ppg=13.8
Fisher-ppg=12.5

Plus The Bench...trevor Ariza,radmanavich,lwalton,farmar,syue,powell

NBAdyNASTY
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM

You know what I would love? To see Garnett and Pierce sit out this season. Allen,Perkins,and Rondo would be the overrated leaders on that team. It would be great to see all of those Boston fans whinning and complaining. They would still make the playoffs in the weak east, but eventually get beat up by Detroit or the Cavs.:D

dannyking18
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
1.lakers
2.blazzers
3.rockets
4.hornets
5.suns
6.spurs
7.warriors
8.mavs-clippers

You Guys Are Fogetting The Blazzers Are Improving Every Year,plus This Next Season With Greg Oden In The Line Up.i Would Pay To See Lakers Vs Blazzers.wow
Lets Dont Forgett Aswell The Gs,warriors.also The Los Angeles Clipps.baron,camby,kaman,thorton,ricky Davis And The Rest
Im Excited To See This Next Season So Many Teams Have Improved Its Amazing Really.oh And The Rockest Added A Serious Brick Wall Defender Artest,now They Have One Of The Two Best Defenders In The League, Battier And Artest Dammn

DeeJay
08-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Stop making up stuff.

rapswin98
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
blazers finishing above rockets, hornets and spurs :pity:

97'bulls
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
no way would they even scratch the surface of the playoffs, they'd be lucky to get 25 wins.

DeeJay
08-27-2008, 03:10 PM
You Guys Are Dumb I Say The Lakers Without Bryant Would Make The 5th Or 4th Spot Honestly They Would.sasha Vujacic Is Going Be Much More Improved Than Last Year Now Without Kobe Out, Sasha Has More Playing Time And More Shooting Time.pls Lets Dont Foget About Andrew Bynum His A Monster If U Guys Seen His Last 7 Games He Averaged 17.4 Ppg With 11rpg Pls,and Plus Pau Gasol In The Line-up 18.6ppg And Odom Aswell 14.5...and Dereck Fisher Who Had 12.9ppg At The Middle Of The Season Serious They Would Make It To 5th Or 4th Seed.!!! No Bullshitting Maybe 3th Seed

Gasol-ppg=20.8
Bynum-ppg=17.1
Odom-ppg=14.7
Sasha-ppg=13.8
Fisher-ppg=12.5

Plus The Bench...trevor Ariza,radmanavich,lwalton,farmar,syue,powell

Hey Capital City.
That is nearly impossible to read.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 03:12 PM
You know what I would love? To see Garnett and Pierce sit out this season. Allen,Perkins,and Rondo would be the overrated leaders on that team. It would be great to see all of those Boston fans whinning and complaining. They would still make the playoffs in the weak east, but eventually get beat up by Detroit or the Cavs.:D

HELL let em sit out./...i watch my team win a ring///no complaints from me

Kobe had some rings but there SHAQS RINGS.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
no way would they even scratch the surface of the playoffs, they'd be lucky to get 25 wins.

THANK YOU

ther others around Kobe play and look good because of Kobe and how he can make ANYONE around him better. if i started at SF for the Lakers Kobe could make me look like a perennial allstar

Pau is not a go to guy. He isnt a number 1 and he is not a leader.
Bynum is still young and unproven. His numbers would rise with the absents of Kobe but Bynum wouldnt be a major impact. Odom to me is a role player. and incosistent role player. Fisher is getting up there in agae but can still get it done at PG. i cant see how the lakers would make the playoffs if KObe misses the WHOLE SEASON. a few games yeah they will make it. if kobe doesnt play a single game next season the lakers wont make anything

CowboysKB24
08-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't see them making the playoffs. Kobe is the center of the team, taking him away takes away a lot 30Pts 6rbs 5assist a game. The offense will be out of sync big time. Gasol hasn't played well against good teams. The west has too many good teams. They maybe would be flirting with the 8th spot but I don't see them beating Denver, GSW, DAL, SAC without KB.
Bynum benefited from Kobe a lot. They worked so well together. The role players benefit from Kobe just as much as he benefits from them. Big loss = whole different team.

When Jordan retired the Bulls still won 55 games and made the playoffs. Scottie Pippen was in the MVP voting. If you take the star of a team off in this era no way any of the teams win 55 games. LBJ No way Cavs win 55 they can't even with him. Hornets no CP3 no 55 wins. Just threw that in there since it is in the same category of the thread.

CowboysKB24
08-27-2008, 03:49 PM

LOL I think they would win more than 25 games but I agree I don't see them coming too close to the 8th spot.

fredv
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Would be though, probably competing like the Wizards and Nuggets(last year) for the 8th seed.

SensandRaps
08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
i can see them making the 6th seed

dre1990
08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
no playoffs

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
out of the playoff race.

Yogi
08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
No ****ing way.

brodawgs
08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
6th or 7th, Kobe's a bit overated, but their team is pretty solid. Phil Jackson knows his stuff.

Diehardheatfan
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
8th seed. 7th seed the best. The West is too stacked and if you get one of your star players is injured, you could easily be out of the playoff race.

yeah just look at miami last year! Championship contender turned into 15 win team

Diehardheatfan
08-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't see them making the playoffs. Kobe is the center of the team, taking him away takes away a lot 30Pts 6rbs 5assist a game. The offense will be out of sync big time. Gasol hasn't played well against good teams. The west has too many good teams. They maybe would be flirting with the 8th spot but I don't see them beating Denver, GSW, DAL, SAC without KB.
Bynum benefited from Kobe a lot. They worked so well together. The role players benefit from Kobe just as much as he benefits from them. Big loss = whole different team.

When Jordan retired the Bulls still won 55 games and made the playoffs. Scottie Pippen was in the MVP voting. If you take the star of a team off in this era no way any of the teams win 55 games. LBJ No way Cavs win 55 they can't even with him. Hornets no CP3 no 55 wins. Just threw that in there since it is in the same category of the thread.

Good point but thats just a testimont to how great Pippen was. The NBA was far better then than it is now. The NBA sucks compared to that time

Vegasguy80
08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
No, they probably wouldn't. Kobe is the takeover guy when the team is struggling. I think they wouldn't even win 50% and I am a Laker fan! Just being honest.

GCOOKIE7
08-27-2008, 04:32 PM
the 8th seed Pau led to the playoffs was a lot easier....... the 8th seeds now have great records in the west

MiamiHeatWade33
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
if the kobe was kobeless lakers wouldve been having a rough time winning games id say there seed would be atleast 7th seed 8th seed .

MiamiHeatWade33
08-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Kobe could be just like tmac the next 2 or 3 years kobe must keep staying healthy and active if he wants to saty the same until the end.

Davisayan
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
At the most an 8th seed

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 06:42 PM
At the most an 8th seed

yeah in the WNBA

Without Kobe this team is doing nothing but scouting potential top picks for the lottery they will be taking part in.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 06:48 PM
The Lakers would challenge for a 7-8 seed. That alone should tell you who is more valuable. Wade missed the year, his team wins 15 games. If LeBron misses the year, the Cavs are lucky to win 15. Kobe has always been surrounded by talent, some years better than others, but Laker fans have no idea what losing is. Kobe isn't the most valuable player in the NBA. The award should be renamed, "Best player on the best team" award, seriously

cambovenzi
08-27-2008, 06:57 PM
yeah in the WNBA

Without Kobe this team is doing nothing but scouting potential top picks for the lottery they will be taking part in.

what is all this baseless unnecessary laker hate?
they have one of the best big men duos, and odom. as well as a solid vet PG.
and a solid bench.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
and a solid bench.

I am fairly indifferent to the Lakers, but they have to most obnoxious fans/posters out there. We know your team is good. It always has been. Kobe is not god. He isn't the best Laker of all time even. There are 29 other teams, and a good amount of them have no idea they exist. Apologies to the many Laker fans who do keep an open mind.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
and a solid bench.

baseless???

okay. i watched laker games in the playoffs and the few times i could see them. Kobe is what makes that team go. If you take away Kobe i dont think they become the worst team in the NBA just not a playoff team. Kobe gone turns Pau into your number 1 and we;vee seen that before havent we? Odom like i mentioned is incosistant so dont let me hear you say you can count on Odom. hes helpful but when it matters where is he? Bynum. hes played in how many games? the numbers were decent but not enough to claim him the next big thing like many L.A fans already have.Laker fans think they have the next shaq..haha. there bench, well i seem to disagree that its a solid bench. Sasha shoots 3's and thats it. Ariza is a scrub. plays nice def but on offense hes a scrub. Vlad? i dont even remember seeing him do anything in the finals. Lakers are a top team WITH kobe. i really think that if you took kobe off that team they struggle and struggle bad. Laker fans know it. If Kobe was gone to a season ending injury there shouldnt be one Lkaer fan that think they could still win a title. It just wouldnt happen

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
:confused: he has never had any players around him b4 he went to the lakers i never heard anything bout him complaining....

Pau had players around him in Memphis, but he didn't think they were good enough. Multiple stories featured Pau complaining and wanting a trade out of Memphis. Mike Miller and Rudy gay were both around him. That's a solid veteran swingman and a young stud of a slasher.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Have any of you stopped to think that a Kobeless lakers might work as the 04 pistons?

I would love to see him go out and still get 50 + victories, to prove all the kobe BASHING lovers that he is not god.

cahawk
08-27-2008, 11:19 PM
History tells us that the Laker's have done well without kobe.
Their winning % not going down as much as when Shaq was out.

A more major loss for the Laker's if kobe was out would be in the wallet.
kobe is a celebrity, without him the Laker's ratings & attendance would go down even though their winning % might not go down a great amount.

The Laker's have a very good team again, that would make the playoffs and probably surprize alot of fans.

jayrivera3
08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Without Kobe the Lakers would make the playoffs. In the Eastern Conference of course!

Lakersfan2483
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
The west it way too good for LA to make the playoffs without Kobe, I think they would only win 36 to 38 games.

Lakersfan2483
08-28-2008, 08:22 PM
History tells us that the Laker's have done well without kobe.
Their winning % not going down as much as when Shaq was out.

A more major loss for the Laker's if kobe was out would be in the wallet.
kobe is a celebrity, without him the Laker's ratings & attendance would go down even though their winning % might not go down a great amount.

The Laker's have a very good team again, that would make the playoffs and probably surprize alot of fans.

Please, that's ridiculous, how many titles did they win without Kobe? Kobe has never missed more then 20 games. Shaq has been gone for yrs, were not comparing the 2002 lakers to 2008 lakers.

Diehardheatfan
08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Kobes great but he is definetly replaceable. This is LA your talking about. You would just go out and get another star

QUICKTRADE
08-28-2008, 09:28 PM
hey will be 4th seed without kobe for sure

t mac and vick
08-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Lottery team

Diehardheatfan
08-28-2008, 11:02 PM
hey will be 4th seed without kobe for sure

Funniest thing ive ever heard