PDA

View Full Version : Who is your team's biggest rivals at the moment? (Create a list and explain)

JordansBulls
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Who is your team's biggest rivals at the moment? (Create a list and explain)

Name Your Team and then mention the Teams who are your biggest rivals at the moment? Name at least 3 teams if applicable.

My Team: Chicago Bulls

Rivals: Miami, Washington, Detroit, Milwaukee, New York and Portland

Miami Heat - Played them in the playoffs in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 winning one series and losing one series. We basically took the #1 pick in this year's draft messing up their plans for the future and creating another rivalry between us.

Washington Wizards - Played them in 2005 in the playoffs and lost with HC Advantage. However, this was due to Deng nor Curry not playing.
Never was able to redeem ourselves in playing them in the postseason again. A team that is similar to ours in it's structure and who we would love to play again in the postseason to get our revenge.

Detroit Pistons - A team that has been to the conference finals 6 years in a row and a team who we seem to be trying to model our team like in the sense they have no superstar, but yet are elite even without paying the luxury tax. We are trying to have the success they have had for the past 6 seasons.

Milwaukee Bucks - Another team similar to us on paper. Former coach in Skiles now coaches them and the rivalry between our guards and theirs continues to heat up. Would be interesting if we ever played them in a series and a damn good matchup.

New York Knicks - What more can you say? We were able to take a few of their picks over the years with the Eddy Curry saga, and we are two teams that seem to mock one another on the court as well. Two teams that seem like we have no sympathy for one another (maybe the past has something to do with it)

Portland TrailBlazers - A team that has now taken our spotlight for the future. A team that is now predicted to be the team of the future.
We traded our #2 pick in Lamarcus Aldridge for their #4 pick in Tyrus Thomas, which at the moment seems to be a mistake.
They drafted Roy in the process and got a great PF in Aldridge. They got the #1 pick in the 2007 draft, which many Bulls fans would have liked to have instead of the #1 pick in 2008.
Also the history of the 1984 draft of them making the worst mistake ever by selecting Sam Bowie going #2 over MJ who went #3 still creates an intense feeling between both teams.

lakers4sho
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
My Team: Los Angeles Lakers

Rivals: Boston Celtics, San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings, Portland TrailBlazers

Boston Celtics - History. No need to explain further.

San Antonio Spurs - Since the 2000s the Spurs and the Lakers were competing for Western Conference domination.

Phoenix Suns - Because we're in the same division, and the 1st round matchups made these two teams a "rivalry".

Sacramento Kings - Mainly during the 2000s, when they were the division rivals. Not so much these days, but a lot of Kings fans still think that we are their rivals.

Portland TrailBlazers - Also during the 2000s (see 2000 Western Conference Finals), not so much after that until lately. For some reason the Lakers are having difficulty beating them in the Rose Garden. And they're getting better. Bynum vs. Oden even adds to that rivalry.

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
raptors
everyone in the east esspecially
phili, orlando, wizz, NJ
with elton they think they are a higher seed then us
dwight, enough said
gilbert says he has the big trio in the east with jamison and bulter
vince is a bytch

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Toronto:

Personal reasons: NJ

Competitive reasons: Philly, Orlando, Wizards, Boston

KingOf215
08-27-2008, 12:51 PM
My Team: Sixers

Rivals: Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Nuggets, Clippers

Celtics: Tons of history... Bird vs Dr.J.... Russell vs Wilt... Pierce vs AI... the 'Boston Strangler' Andrew Toney.. probably the 2nd biggest all-time Philly rivalry in the 4 major team sports

Lakers: Also lots of history... Kobe may be from a Philly suburb, but is still the most hated basketball player here.... the fans boo'd him to tears at the all star game & loved every minute of it. Only team more hated in Philly is the Dallas Cowboys... although the Mets are closing in

Pistons: Been hated ever since Larry Brown left to join them & win that championship... they've also gone on to eliminate the Sixers in the postseason several times since. One of the few elite teams of the east, and a major target for the Sixers who are looking to reach the next level after major offseason upgrades

Nuggets: No real hatred... but extra competitive against them since the Iverson trade. The atmosphere in Iverson's first return game was electric, and will probably not fade for awhile. A much bigger deal for Philly fans than Denver fans

Clippers: Elton Brand incident... not a big deal to Philly fans, but understandably, a big deal for Clipper nation in L.A... thanks again guys! ;)

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
My Team: Portland Trailblazers

Top Perennial Rival: Los Angeles Lakers
Most Blazermaniacs, like other teams' fans, find LA to be the home of the cocky *******s. LA is the team that beat the Blazers in the semis on their most recent NBA finals run. They're just a great group to hate. With Seattle gone, Blazers fans can now focus their hate even more.

Competitive Rival: Denver Nuggets
Denver represents a team that Portland can now compete with in the rankings, possibly for one of the bottom spots in the playoffs. The Nuggets are such a singleminded (offense) team, there's no telling how far they'll climb or fall.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-27-2008, 01:09 PM
My Team: New York Knicks

Rivals: Boston

Boston Celtics : those bastards beet us by 90 points

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Lakers:

Celtics: We have to revenge this year, and they have been our sourest rival since FOREVER.

Hornets: young developing a True menace now that the Sun is setting the Mavs are no longer brave and the spurs is becomng a geriatric.

Rockets: Biggest threat in the League for us. yes even bigger than Celtics

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
historically our rivals are those we have left crying in the CF for years and years and Years:

Suns, Blazers ,Kings, Jazz, Sonics.

And then the two teams that have been able to take a 50/50 split into Success fail agaisnt us , Rockets and Spurs.

And of course in the east we only have 3 rivals.

Celtics, Sixers and Knicks wich are the teams that we play in the finals once and again and again and again.

thesparky33
08-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Team: Timberwolves

Disclaimer: Over the "KG era" (2000-2006), we had lots of rivals, but we are almost a completely new team now, and are like a 2nd year team, so all of the "rivals" will be kind of a stretch...

Rivals: Boston, Memphis, Portland.

Boston: Obviously, I wouldnt call it a rivalry, as more of an emotional matchup between the 2 teams, since one has the other team's longtime superstar and franchise player, and the other has the other team's previous longtime future franchise player... their 2 matchups last season were very close and both were great games as well...

Memphis: This one's a stretch, but with the Mayo/Love trade on draft day, and since Love and Mayo have been linked together starting with HS Basketball, they will always be compared, as well as the teams they are on.

Portland: I think every young team is gonna put Portland down haha. Mostly because they are "the future team to beat", no doubt. But I put them down mostly because of the Roy/Foye trade on draft day 2006. Foye and Roy are always going to be compared, and in the Twin Cities, I know people are always interested to see how Foye will play compared to Roy...

29$JerZ
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Knicks Rivals

Boston - Always a rivalry
Utah - We seem to have great games against them
NJ - Cause it's NJ
Chicago - Bad blood

superkegger
08-27-2008, 02:22 PM
My Team: Los Angeles Lakers

Rivals: Boston Celtics, San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings, Portland TrailBlazers

Boston Celtics - History. No need to explain further.

San Antonio Spurs - Since the 2000s the Spurs and the Lakers were competing for Western Conference domination.

Phoenix Suns - Because we're in the same division, and the 1st round matchups made these two teams a "rivalry".

Sacramento Kings - Mainly during the 2000s, when they were the division rivals. Not so much these days, but a lot of Kings fans still think that we are their rivals.

Portland TrailBlazers - Also during the 2000s (see 2000 Western Conference Finals), not so much after that until lately. For some reason the Lakers are having difficulty beating them in the Rose Garden. And they're getting better. Bynum vs. Oden even adds to that rivalry.

I agree with all except the Kings. In order for a rivalry to be a rivalry to be a rivarly the other team has to be relevant, which the kings are not.

My Team: New York Knicks

Rivals: Boston

Boston Celtics : those bastards beet us by 90 points

:laugh:

That they did, but that doesn't make it a rivalry. Your biggest rivals are the Nets because both yall are gunning for Bron in 2 years.

Rapt0rs
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
My team: Toronto Raptors

Rivals:

Philly- Since the addition of Elton Brand, These philly fans are saying they are better than us.

Orlando- They beat us in the playoffs last year. Now that we have JO, i dont think that will happen again.

Also: Detroit, Wizards, Cavs.

lakerboy
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Lakers

Rivals:

Celtics: Man I hate these punk *****. I can't wait for a rematch next year!!! I think with Bynum back, and without James Posey (a big big loss IMO), we'd have a better chance against them. :)

Suns: I just want to meet them in the playoffs. I want Kobe to beat the hell out of Shaq.

Blazers/Kings: These are not the games I usually look forward to, but these two teams just HATE the Lakers so much.

blackjack_119
08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
My team: Portland Trailblazers

Perennial Rivalry: Los Angeles Lakers
Most view Los Angeles as the current powerhouse and Portland as the future power house (I am tired of using the word dynasty... and it is over used.) There will always be an intense rivalry looking for the definitive moment of the changing of the guard. It also helps the rivalry because the Lakers are the only team that can get 5,000-10,000 fans in the Rose Garden for a road game.

Division Rivals: Utah Jazz
For the Bulls fans and Wolves fans who have a rivalry with Portland because of bad trades, take solace in the fact that Blazer fans do the same thing. Portland did trade out of the #3 pick (Deron Williams followed by Chris Paul) for the #6 pick (Martell Webster.) The fact that we made a bad deal and they are our strongest competition in the division makes them a heated rival.

Natural Rivals: Oklahoma City
Granted the "I-5 Rivalry" sounds a lot better than the "I-84;I-80;I-25;I-70;I-135;I-35;I-40 Rivalry" but their are still a lot of reasons for the rivalry to continue. A lot of new Blazer fans are former Sonic fans, so there is reason enough for the bad blood. There will always be the "Oden vs. Durant" connection and the Sonics actually beat us last year preventing the Blazers from having a winning record.

bogdanrom
08-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Washington Wizards

Rivals:
Cleveland Cavaliers: This is by far our main rival. There is trash talking, and everything. The last 3 years they have put us out of the playoffs. This is going to change thsi year, if we say healthy. It's more than a rivalry it's more like HATE for each other.
Miami Heat: Division rivals, they used to beat us almost every game, they had like a 20 win game streak at one point.

fredv
08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Team: Houston Rockets.

Rivalry: Utah Jazz. Swep us out of the playoffs for 2 consecutive years. Furthermore, I remember the Stockton+Malone vs Hakeem+Drexler years. So its history basically.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Miami Heat:
Bulls and Knicks
don't need explanation :D

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Sacramento Kings:

Lakers: Self Explanatory

Warriors. Northern California Rivals.

Epic89
08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Pistons

1. Celtics: The one team in the conference they're looking up to.
2. Cavs: Hated division rival that ruined a storybook season in 2007
3. Magic: Young up-and-coming team that wants their heads on a silver platter.
4. 76ers: Same as Magic.
5. Bulls: It's historical

Jahari Kavi
08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
My Team: The Houston Rockets

Rival: The Utah Jizz.......I mean Jazz........Why?, because I hate every fiber of that organization.........from stockton's nut huggers, to Malone's flopping and dirty elbows, to the relentless pick and roll offense, to jerry sloan never aging since I was an infant, to their annoying fans, to the fact that they kept the name "jazz" although there is nothing jazzy about Utah....they even have the word "jazz" in ice on their jerseys?!?!?!?!?!!?, to AK47 looking an Android, to Boozer being overrated, etc......................................

CRUSH THE JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iodine
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Rivalries are dead in the NBA

sacgiants1213
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Sacramento Kings:

Lakers: Self Explanatory

Warriors. Northern California Rivals.

couldn't have said it better myself.

hockeypro68
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
My Team: The Clippers

Our Rivals: Lakers, Sixers, Warriors

Our main competition for a playoff spot: Blazers, Nuggets, Warriors

Gilbert>TheRest
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Washington Wizards

Rivals

Cavs- we managed to get famous rappers involved do i need to say anything else?

#1Mavericksfan
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
My team: Dallas Mavericks

Rivals: San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Mami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers

San Antonio Spurs: Need I say more...the Spurs used to own the Mavericks in the Past untill things changed and the Mavericks finally were able to compete with the Spurs...they put us out the Playoffs then we put them out the playoffs so the Mavs are 1-2 all time vs. the Spurs in the Playoffs.

Golden State Warriors: Mavs just ran into a hot team that's all I can say.

Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash left the Mavs in the summer of 04 and signed with the Suns, in 05 the Suns made the playoffs and put the Mavs out the playoffs in the second round...then the in 06 we met the Suns again and put them out the playoffs.

Mami Heat: I don't even have to say anything about this we all seen what happened in that series.

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe seems to bring his A+ game every time the Mavericks play the Lakers and the Mavericks still don't have a answer for him so hopfully things changed this year.

cmellofan15
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
My Team: Denver Nuggets
Rivals:George Karl, HE SUCKS
Every team thats beat them in the first round.
The Knicks....you know why LOL

rhino17
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Rockets:

Jazz, i dont think i need to explain

SAVAGE CLAW
08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Knicks

Pistons: For not Offering a Job to I Thomas.

Raptors: For Firing I Thomas.

Pacers: For Firing Thomas.

Team Thomas: God knows i Hated you as a player and now i absolutely Loath you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!