PDA

View Full Version : New camp site in Sarasota?

RedSoxtober
08-27-2008, 08:47 AM
This could be the first domino to fall in moving the Sox spring training camp headquarters from Ft. Myers to Sarasota...

According to an Associated Press report, the Sarasota County commissioners voted unanimously to spend $4.8 million to purchase 1.2 acres of land south of downtown Sarasota, on which they would build a 10,000-seat stadium. Sarasota is trying to get the Red Sox to leave Fort Myers.

Cronin
08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
:dance:

The Intimidator
08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
For anyone who cares:

Youk was interviewed on WAAF's Hillman Morning Show last week, and he hates this idea. He said that if the team is going to move, they should move to Arizona.

RedSoxtober
08-27-2008, 03:55 PM
^^^ WTF? You've got Bostonians who'll drive to ST to catch some games. What are the odds they go across the country? That'd have to be close the longest drive possible in the lower 48!

The Intimidator
08-27-2008, 10:04 PM
^^^ WTF? You've got Bostonians who'll drive to ST to catch some games. What are the odds they go across the country? That'd have to be close the longest drive possible in the lower 48!

I'm not saying that I agreed with him, I'm just reporting what I heard Youk say last week. I think he lives in Arizona in the off-season though, which may have influenced his opinion. Less travel time for him.