PDA

View Full Version : #1 PF In The Game Today!

Mile High Champ
08-27-2008, 08:04 AM
POLL IS NOW CLOSED... Duncan is the Easy winner here. Because KG and Duncan were really the one two names in debate most of the time, they will be the top two players, we will move to number 3!

Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... This should be good just like the SG spot, very close at each ranking...Please vote and be sure to make comments to who you voted for to create discussion. I have included the players that should maybe have consideration to be in the top. The rest is up to you.

Update: Prince beat Gerald Wallace by one vote to take home the 10th spot on the SF Rank List.

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261272

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

JordansBulls
08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Duncan

pebloemer
08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Duncan

Same vote for me too. Although Garnett made the choice hard.

Mile High Champ
08-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Yup it was Duncan for me as well but I could not skip number 1 cause a case can be made for Garnett.

Mile High Champ
08-27-2008, 08:17 AM
If on Garnett and Dunca recieve votes this round.. The loser of the two will automatcially get the 2 spot to save time.

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 08:28 AM
i gotta hola at ma man Kevin.. i hate Boston but he at this very point in time is better then Timmy... but timmy takes care of business so it was tough, i give it to kevin cuz of his heart for the T wolves .. just did what he had to do every night without complaining like kobe and with pretty shytty team mates, spreawell, cassell << hate sam

timmy was a little bit more silver spooned, Robinson helped him out alot .. bowen, manu and tony are killers too

J-Relo
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
KG is #1...

Tim can't dominate the paint, isn't that good anymore, yes he is one of the top PF in NBA history, but now i would put him only in 2nd, 3rd spot...

NYKnickFanatic
08-27-2008, 08:35 AM
I hate Duncan.

If he doesnt get #1, he'll get #2.

My vote goes to KG.

I love his play.

KG all the way. ;)

innovator
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
i voted for amare he is just a beast! duncan and kg cant dominate anymore like how they dominate the paint before

innovator
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
i do think that gasol is better than brand and he should be on the list first than brand. just saying

pebloemer
08-27-2008, 08:42 AM
If on Garnett and Dunca recieve votes this round.. The loser of the two will automatcially get the 2 spot to save time.

You may want to see how many votes Amare gets first - there may be a few people frustrated with not getting to vote for Amare as #2. Garnett and Duncan are much better IMO, but Amare could be a wild card.

FOBolous
08-27-2008, 08:52 AM
where's Gasol in the poll? where's okafore? where's rasheel wallace? or jermaine o'neal? zach randolph? aldridge? and antwan jamison?

LakerzDQ
08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Tim Duncan for now, the rings don't lie, and he's still got some gas left in his tank.

TMAC94
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
duncan fo suree :)

DaNtHeMaN628
08-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... This should be good just like the SG spot, very close at each ranking...Please vote and be sure to make comments to who you voted for to create discussion. I have included the players that should maybe have consideration to be in the top. The rest is up to you.

Update: Prince beat Gerald Wallace by one vote to take home the 10th spot on the SF Rank List.

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261272

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

How can you do a top 10 with only 8 choices? Your missing a few very good players.

LakerzDQ
08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
well, if you want to vote for anyone outside of the poll for #1, you're a homer.

Knicks845
08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Kevin Garnett, would not of hit that 3 point field goal, against the suns in the play-offs.

#1 = Tim Duncan.

mosdef17
08-27-2008, 09:38 AM
How can you do a top 10 with only 8 choices? Your missing a few very good players.

Doesn't really matter, they could have done the #1 PF with 2 or 3 options being Tim Duncan, Garnett and possibly Stoudemire. One of those guys is number 1 no matter who you ask unless someone is either completely stupid or doesn't know what NBA stands for. When it comes to number 3 and so on then a lot more options would be needed.

thedfactor
08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Dirk

Knicks845
08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Btw, idk if your planning on using "Pau Gasol" as a center but he's playing the 4, so I'd add him and take away david west?

Tom81
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Tim Duncan

fabian11593
08-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Kg.

theLgndKllr35
08-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Last time I saw Bosh play he absolutely dominated the Sixers, maybe it's just against Philly the guy plays like Lebron.

Rome
08-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Out with the old, in with the new. Year ago I would say garnett then Duncan, but I'm going with Stat. Gonna dominate this year.

GSRaider
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Who's the best PF in the game today?

Tim Duncan has had a better overall career... but KG had a better year in 07/08...

my vote goes to KG

soriano2008WS
08-27-2008, 11:45 AM
In regards to how you do a top 10 with only 8 people in past polls usually when somone is eliminated from the list someone is added.

soriano2008WS
08-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm going Duncan

mikedesi1004
08-27-2008, 11:59 AM
K.g.

m26555
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Kevin Garnett, would not of hit that 3 point field goal, against the suns in the play-offs.

#1 = Tim Duncan.
Judging by the fact that Garnett is a much better shooter than Duncan and that he has hit several HUGE threes in postseasons before, you can't say that.

Give me Garnett.

madiaz3
08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
TD hasn't lost a step yet, so he's still better than Garnett. Footwork and finesse will last longer than athleticism.

JIDsanity
08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I voted for dirk by accident, It should have gone to KG

J-Relo
08-27-2008, 12:11 PM

#1 = Tim Duncan.

Maybe KG would, maybe wouldn't...

but i can say that he would take his game down low, dominate (or at least try to do that) the basket... as Duncan had no dominance, he just played at SF i guess...

KG is worth #1 as top PF in the game today, as i said before i would still take Tim in top 3 (2nd or 3rd)... Only Amare could take the position from Timmy... I believe he will have a great year.... So that's <<<top 3....

so why we need more candidates to vote if from them there are only few contenders to that spot...

ok now 4th? - hmm Bosh...

NYMetros
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
It is Tim Duncan without a doubt. If you want to win, then he is the guy you want on your team. Garnett would probably be my 2nd choice.

sixers247
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Duncan, Garnett

Teeboy1487
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Duncan by a mile.

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
TD has to get this spot.

dre1990
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
TD not close

Strumpy
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
4 championships, a few MVPs, and IMO the most consistent player in the NBA. Definitely Timmy.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Duncan is number 1

K.G is number 2

if this thread doesnt end up like that im going to murder myself

Strumpy
08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Duncan is number 1

K.G is number 2

if this thread doesnt end up like that im going to murder myself

You better get prepared. Looking through this thread there are people who are picking Amare, Dirk and others over TD & KG.

NYKnickFanatic
08-27-2008, 12:39 PM

#1 = Tim Duncan.

KG could hit the 3 with ease.

I dont know what youre talkin about.

marques724
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Duncan the best today and the best ever at his position

Mile High Champ
08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
where's Gasol in the poll? where's okafore? where's rasheel wallace? or jermaine o'neal? zach randolph? aldridge? and antwan jamison?

its pretty obvious why i did not put a lot of those players in the poll yet, they are not as good as many of the guys listed above. They will be added as soon as garnett and duncan are off the board. So dont worry, I did not forget them. I wanted to avoid homer votes....

Mile High Champ
08-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Doesn't really matter, they could have done the #1 PF with 2 or 3 options being Tim Duncan, Garnett and possibly Stoudemire. One of those guys is number 1 no matter who you ask unless someone is either completely stupid or doesn't know what NBA stands for. When it comes to number 3 and so on then a lot more options would be needed.

Im glad someone understands the concept!:D

rico
08-27-2008, 12:54 PM
duncan as one is locked kg at 2 is a lock. may as well go to 3.

Afridi786
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Tim can't dominate the paint, isn't that good anymore, yes he is one of the top PF in NBA history, but now i would put him only in 2nd, 3rd spot...

And KG can? :speechless:

THE MTL
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
You guys understand that Duncan could be 24pts and 11 reb if he wanted. He really doesnt care about showing off and that why alot of people dislike him. But anyway, Duncan has been on a good team for years and still puts up very good stats. KG cant put up great stats on the good team.

Anyway, Tim Duncan is just better period.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Duncan because of what he accomplished ... KG is an instant 2nd

UK Bull
08-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Duncan

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Where is Zach, JO, Gasol, Alkridge, Horford, and other Pfs in the list? 8 choices in a top 10 poll .... wdh>

CaughtInAHustle
08-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Dirk!

Jayg1712
08-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Zach Randolph?? What are u insane. He might be the worst PF in the league

pebloemer
08-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Where is Zach, JO, Gasol, Alkridge, Horford, and other Pfs in the list? 8 choices in a top 10 poll .... wdh>

Actually right now the names listed are for the #1 PF in the game, not the top 10. None of the names you listed are in consideration for the top PF in the game... Read through the thread, it has been stated many times that more players will be added as we get further through.

superkegger
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
4 rings, 3 finals mvps....TD easily.

Rome
08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
If were talking about accomplishments then obviously its timmy. If were talking the number 1 power forward in the league as of right now I'm going with amare. He'll have the best season individual wise.

HiphopRelated
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Timmy 3000

bogdanrom
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Tim Duncan easily. He still dominates if he doesn't need to. He always steps up in important games.

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
okay so Timmy for number one and KG for number 2, Mile High lets get on with it .. lets get to number 3

rapswin98
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
its between kg or duncan

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Actually right now the names listed are for the #1 PF in the game, not the top 10. None of the names you listed are in consideration for the top PF in the game... Read through the thread, it has been stated many times that more players will be added as we get further through.

ok thanks for explaining it.

BTW for all those people who say Zach sucks, he doesn't ... he might be one of the best talent and stat wise pf in this league.

op12
08-27-2008, 02:09 PM
kg this past year was the best, but duncan is the best pf in the nba the last decade and maybe the best in history. i hate WFU and loves the celtics, but i gotta go with duncan, even though there is a good arguement for kg. no one else compares to those 2 right now.

IndyRealist
08-27-2008, 02:09 PM
If were talking about accomplishments then obviously its timmy. If were talking the number 1 power forward in the league as of right now I'm going with amare. He'll have the best season individual wise.

Amare fans are always going on about stats, hence the nickname. Yes he score a ridiculous amount of points, but how many rings has it gotten him? Tim and KG only care about one statline, the win column. If winning means scoring 40 points, then they will. If it means 20 rebounds, 4 blocks? Whatever it takes. Tim and KG make their teammates better. Does Stoudamire? Or does he cause infighting with his ego and inability to share the ball, causing the team's third leading scorer and best defender to be traded? Amare is the only person on the planet who thinks that Phoenix is -his- team, instead of Steve Nash's. When Amare has a ring you can consider him in the top 2, right now he's nowhere close.

1. Duncan
2. Garnnett

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
You better get prepared. Looking through this thread there are people who are picking Amare, Dirk and others over TD & KG.

cuz there either ******** or just want to be "different" Dirk and Amare are top notch pf in this league. But KG and TD are soooo much ahead of them it isnt even funny. I think amare is number 3

Duncan
KG
Amare
Dirk

after that its a crapshoot, its all opinion.

29$JerZ
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Tim Duncan

ryanj12344
08-27-2008, 02:21 PM
so is shaq the best center in the game today? ....... hell no. but out of the centers in the game today, he has the best overall career. its the same thing with duncan. he has had the best career at pf over any other pf in the game today, but right now he his not the best. we are talking about best players, not best careers. id say duncan right now is 3rd but im being generous, he might even be 4th. the only thing hes got right now is his defense, the only reason he averages any points is cuz hes a ***** on offense and just does stupid bank shots cuz hes 7 ft tall and can barely dunk. he has the most boring and lame game ever.

IversonIsKrazy
08-27-2008, 03:07 PM
TD is the best PF of ALL-TIME!

sixers247
08-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Game might be broing and lame but there is no denying how good he is. I guess Hakim Warrick is the best player ever then since he makes exciting dunks every now and then.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Tim Duncan

Premier
08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
so is shaq the best center in the game today? ....... hell no. but out of the centers in the game today, he has the best overall career. its the same thing with duncan. he has had the best career at pf over any other pf in the game today, but right now he his not the best. we are talking about best players, not best careers. id say duncan right now is 3rd but im being generous, he might even be 4th. the only thing hes got right now is his defense, the only reason he averages any points is cuz hes a ***** on offense and just does stupid bank shots cuz hes 7 ft tall and can barely dunk. he has the most boring and lame game ever.
So many things wrong with that statement.

1. Duncan is the best PF in the game, go watch some Spurs games from last year, then try to come back here again and say he's not the best, you can't.

2. The only reason he scores points is because he's a ***** on offense and does bank shots and can barely dunk and has the most boring lame game ever? Do you honestly think that is a legitimate argument as to why Duncan is not the best PF in the game?

3. Here is what you said to sum it up.... timmy d is boring and does gay bank shots. i didnt watch a single spurs game last year because timmy d suckz. im basing my opinionz n whether or not i like to watch him.

4. He is still the best defensive big man in the game one-on-one. He has great footwork in the post and an uncanny ability to score whenever he wants to, or needs to. He always steps it up in the playoffs, when his team actually needs him, and he is one of the most clutch players in the game today.

Drewlius
08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Timmy by a mile.. He doesn't go for a huge stat line, because frankly he doesn't care. Could he have the prettiest stat line in the game if he wanted to? Very easily.

ShaunRiching9
08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
go to # 2 already lol duncan is beat Garnett by double

FOBolous
08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
like Dwight who can only play on the defensive end...Amare can only play on the offensive end and because Amare can only play on one end of the court, he shouldn't be top 2.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
So many things wrong with that statement.

1. Duncan is the best PF in the game, go watch some Spurs games from last year, then try to come back here again and say he's not the best, you can't.

2. The only reason he scores points is because he's a ***** on offense and does bank shots and can barely dunk and has the most boring lame game ever? Do you honestly think that is a legitimate argument as to why Duncan is not the best PF in the game?

3. Here is what you said to sum it up.... timmy d is boring and does gay bank shots. i didnt watch a single spurs game last year because timmy d suckz. im basing my opinionz n whether or not i like to watch him.

4. He is still the best defensive big man in the game one-on-one. He has great footwork in the post and an uncanny ability to score whenever he wants to, or needs to. He always steps it up in the playoffs, when his team actually needs him, and he is one of the most clutch players in the game today.

i was gunna responde to that guys comments as well but u said exactly what i wanted to...this kid is a complete fool... all duncan does is bank shots........and??? TD is still the best PF no matter age. He is gettng older yet STILL DOMINATING. kg is 2 amare is 3 now end it

goku
08-27-2008, 03:33 PM
i was hard but i went with kg but they switch spot threw the course of th season

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Tim Duncan

bogdanrom
08-27-2008, 03:40 PM

The whole post is :crazy:. Seriously do you watch NBA games?

phillyphan4ever
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Kg

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-27-2008, 03:48 PM
WOw.. TIm duncan ? Today? Comon we all know hes on the decline ... He was a great PF... but this is not even funny.. Hes on decline.. I put KG and Amare b4 him

Kg- the defensive presence is unmatched, the leadership, the intensity, the fire, the desire to win... you can't beat that.. and the numbers... He is easily the third best player in the NBA.. and hes defintly the best PF... HE just won a ring.. so you can't evne use that against him... IF KG was playing on the spurs with Pop.. in the defensive system.. WOw.. he might have about 5 by now... NO WAY DUNCAN IS BETTER THAN GARNETT

AMare at this point in his career Is way better than Duncan.. He will put him to school.. his explosiveness... and ability to score is unmatched by anyone at the position.. DUncan Back in the day? Yes.. b/c of his leadership, dominance, and defense.... But TOday? AMARE! ... by far.. Unstoppable
As far as the player that will produce the most.. its amare... IF he works on his defense i would put him #1... for now Ill put Garnett over AMare.. but Amare with a ring.. and Some better defence.... WILl be # 1.. I say in two Years Amare will be at the top of that list

My list goes:

1) Kevin Garnett
2) Amare Stoudamire
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Novitzki
6) Elton brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) David West

fins08
08-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Kg

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
The whole post is :crazy:. Seriously do you watch NBA games?

He's right for the most part dude.. Timmy is on the decline.. and everyone knows that.. you can't deny it... Its not who had the best career... Its who IS THE BEST! right now.. this coming season... And I know you Guys would not be dumb enough to take timmy..

If you were a GM starting a team tryin to win next season.... You take KG, or AMare.. NOT duncan.

SensandRaps
08-27-2008, 03:55 PM
KG all the way

sixers247
08-27-2008, 04:10 PM
No honestly i would probably take Duncan i am not going to lie.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 04:12 PM
He's right for the most part dude.. Timmy is on the decline.. and everyone knows that.. you can't deny it... Its not who had the best career... Its who IS THE BEST! right now.. this coming season... And I know you Guys would not be dumb enough to take timmy..

If you were a GM starting a team tryin to win next season.... You take KG, or AMare.. NOT duncan.

u ********??

we aint talking career. we are talking about this upcoming season

Duncan, is he getting older. OBVIOUSLY. he is not declining..hahahhaha

Duncan is number 1

KG is number 2

Amare is number 3 and its as easy as that

ugafan
08-27-2008, 04:16 PM
i do think that gasol is better than brand and he should be on the list first than brand. just saying

I do think you're an uber homer.

Premier
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Actually, looking to win this season, and this season only. Duncan would be the obvious choice.

Duncan is the same age as Garnett, if you think Duncan is declining then so is KG. Duncan can score in big bunches when he wants to, I havent seen Garnett's ability to do that. Tim Duncan is arguably a better one-on-one defender than KG. Duncan's post passing ability is great, he's still a great rebounder. And there is no doubt Duncan is way more clutch than Garnett.

As for the Amare Stoudemire argument. Amare is still young, and I havent seen the ability to create his own shot, post up, play great defense (such as Duncan, Garnett). I honestly can't see how anyone can argue Amare > Duncan.

cmellofan15
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
WOw.. TIm duncan ? Today? Comon we all know hes on the decline ... He was a great PF... but this is not even funny.. Hes on decline.. I put KG and Amare b4 him

Kg- the defensive presence is unmatched, the leadership, the intensity, the fire, the desire to win... you can't beat that.. and the numbers... He is easily the third best player in the NBA.. and hes defintly the best PF... HE just won a ring.. so you can't evne use that against him... IF KG was playing on the spurs with Pop.. in the defensive system.. WOw.. he might have about 5 by now... NO WAY DUNCAN IS BETTER THAN GARNETT

AMare at this point in his career Is way better than Duncan.. He will put him to school.. his explosiveness... and ability to score is unmatched by anyone at the position.. DUncan Back in the day? Yes.. b/c of his leadership, dominance, and defense.... But TOday? AMARE! ... by far.. Unstoppable
As far as the player that will produce the most.. its amare... IF he works on his defense i would put him #1... for now Ill put Garnett over AMare.. but Amare with a ring.. and Some better defence.... WILl be # 1.. I say in two Years Amare will be at the top of that list

My list goes:

1) Kevin Garnett
2) Amare Stoudamire
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Novitzki
6) Elton brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) David West

Dude are you serious? Chris Bosh over Dirk? KG and AMARE over Tim Duncan?!?

I get that Amare's young and you think he has "potential" or something but later he might be the best PF but certainly not right now. I can see why you think KG is better because he just won a ring and his bandwagon is pretty huge but if you want to say that Timmy has more than him.

Tim:
Playoffs: PPG 20.2 RPG 14.50 APG 3.3
Amare
Playoffs: PPG 23.2 RPG 9.00 APG 0.4

Thats about as recent as we can get...

goku
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM

My list goes:

1) Kevin Garnett
2) Amare Stoudamire
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Novitzki
6) Elton brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) David West

amare better than duncan :crazy: amare just scores because sas dont try to guard him they guard the 3pt shooters plus duncan plays way better post defense

Willy T Justice
08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
amare better than duncan :crazy: amare just scores because sas dont try to guard him they guard the 3pt shooters plus duncan plays way better post defense

Duncan plays better post defense? Amare avgs 2.1 blocks per game thats better than duncan, kg, aj, and Rasheed. Someone has to guard the Suns basket. Not bad for someone who doesn't play defense.

BowDown32
08-27-2008, 04:37 PM
KG takes it slightly over Duncan... wouldn't that be fun to watch those 2 go one-on-one.

Jahari Kavi
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
still Duncan imo..........KG has a ring, but he's still a little too passive for me to give it to him over Duncan...Amare could be if he'd play defense.....Dirk is soft.....West is a great player, but he's no Duncan.....Boozer is a tad bit overrated to me....Bosh needs a lil more "power" in his power forward game.....Brand can be great when healthy, but he's still not better than Duncan.........

Lakersfan2483
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward of all-time. He's led his team to 4 NBA titles. He's won 2 MVPS, 3 Finals MVPS, he's always ranked in the top in terms of rebounding, blocks, points per game, and he's a flat-out winner. The Spurs have the highest winning pct. in the league since he's joined the team. Duncan is the best.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward of all-time. He's led his team to 4 NBA titles. He's won 2 MVPS, 3 Finals MVPS, he's always ranked in the top in terms of rebounding, blocks, points per game, and he's a flat-out winner. The Spurs have the highest winning pct. in the league since he's joined the team. Duncan is the best.

that is true. but we are not talking about greatest PF of all time. this poll is about finding out whos the best pfs in the NBA right now. with all that said i still think its without a doubt tim duncan

Lakersfan2483
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
It would be ridiculous if Duncan does not win this poll. The only player close to him at power forward is KG, but Duncan is better then KG. Duncan is clutch and has proven he can carry a team to 4 titles, both he and Shaq have the most titles since the retirement of MJ.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
It would be ridiculous if Duncan does not win this poll. The only player close to him at power forward is KG, but Duncan is better then KG. Duncan is clutch and has proven he can carry a team to 4 titles, both he and Shaq have the most titles since the retirement of MJ.

Duncan will win....and im more than confident KG will win number 2. Pretty positive Amare has 3 down pat. But at 4 i think it HAS to be former MVP dirk. im not so sure dirk will get number 4.

Lakersfan2483
08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I have Duncan, KG, Amare and Dirk being the top power forwards.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Kg

goku
08-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Duncan plays better post defense? Amare avgs 2.1 blocks per game thats better than duncan, kg, aj, and Rasheed. Someone has to guard the Suns basket. Not bad for someone who doesn't play defense.

im talkin man to man amare always gets in foul trouble when playing against elite pf and c ...thats why they brought in shaq

THE NATION
08-27-2008, 05:10 PM

Those are all on weak side help. His D sucks.

cheesesteak121
08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
today it is definitely amare stoudemire.

THE NATION
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Amare
4. Dirk
5. Gasol
6. Bosh
7. Boozer
8. West
9. Brand

Willy T Justice
08-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Those are all on weak side help. His D sucks.

Nation that is what Defense is. you state my point thanks!!!!!!!!:clap:

astrosmaniac
08-27-2008, 05:51 PM
79-45-13

just make duncan at 1, kg at 2 and move on the #3 option

crew158
08-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Tiiimmayyy

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 06:12 PM
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Amare
4. Dirk
5. Bosh
6. Brand
7. Boozer
8. Pau
9. Big Al
10.West

fixed

mamba24
08-27-2008, 06:14 PM
i gotta hola at ma man Kevin.. i hate Boston but he at this very point in time is better then Timmy... but timmy takes care of business so it was tough, i give it to kevin cuz of his heart for the T wolves .. just did what he had to do every night without complaining like kobe and with pretty shytty team mates, spreawell, cassell << hate sam

timmy was a little bit more silver spooned, Robinson helped him out alot .. bowen, manu and tony are killers too

the only reason garnett won a title was cuz he had ray allen and paul pierce.

THE NATION
08-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Nation that is what Defense is. you state my point thanks!!!!!!!!:clap:Thats why his guy scores so much, because he tries to block so many shots. A lot of the blocks also had to do with the Suns fast style. I think a alot of his scoring was due to that system. I think his numbers will dip a bit this season with the new coach.

ARMIN12NBA
08-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Tim Duncan

THE NATION
08-27-2008, 06:20 PM
fixed
Pau is better than Bosh and Boozer and maybe Brand. Gasol is a World Class Player and he showed it against the US big men that included Bosh and Howard (Boozer didn't get off the bench).

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Pau is better than Bosh and Boozer and maybe Brand. Gasol is a World Class Player and he showed it against the US big men that included Bosh and Howard (Boozer didn't get off the bench).

Coach K hasnt played Boozer. not to sure why. Pau is not better than Bosh. No way. u switch Pau with Bosh and the lakers are winning the title with ease. Same with Brand. Pau is soft. Boozer, Bosh and Brand bring a tougness Phil Jackson would love

bigmac8675
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Tim Duncan.... has been and will continue to be the best for a few more years.

THE NATION
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Coach K hasnt played Boozer. not to sure why. Pau is not better than Bosh. No way. u switch Pau with Bosh and the lakers are winning the title with ease. Same with Brand. Pau is soft. Boozer, Bosh and Brand bring a tougness Phil Jackson would love
Go back and take a look at what kind of D Pau played on KG, TD, and Boozer. All 3 were held to their playoff low in FG%. He could have played better, but he was there in a new system half a year. He should be really good this year.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Go back and take a look at what kind of D Pau played on KG, TD, and Boozer. All 3 were held to their playoff low in FG%. He could have played better, but he was there in a new system half a year. He should be really good this year.

maybe so. Well just have to wait an see. Maybe he D'ed up well But he wasnt physical in the paint. Wasnt dominating on the glass. the guy is a 7 foot softy.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 06:40 PM

he showed it in the finals too, when he was completely dominated. Pau isn't as good as Bosh or Brand, and arguably, Boozer is better as well. Our big men on the US team had zero plays run for them. Pau had a ton, and played the majority of the game, so yes, his stats were better. But in the NBA, Pau isn't a top 5 PF

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
he showed it in the finals too, when he was completely dominated. Pau isn't as good as Bosh or Brand, and arguably, Boozer is better as well. Our big men on the US team had zero plays run for them. Pau had a ton, and played the majority of the game, so yes, his stats were better. But in the NBA, Pau isn't a top 5 PF

its always great when someone agree's

thats what i been trying to say

still1ballin
08-27-2008, 07:00 PM
TD hands down

bogdanrom
08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
For the people who say that Tim Duncan is getting older you do realize that both TD and KG are the same age do you? Plus last year when both were part of a big 3 which are really close in value, TD was a little better, and in the playoffs TD stepped up and helped his team, and maybe if Manu wasn't injured the Spurs would be playing the Celtics. What a series that would be? There is no question that career wise TD is better but even last year Tim Duncan was better than KG.

Spurred1
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Tim Duncan-I can see why people pick KG as well. Amare is an amazing player, but from what I've seen, he still has some areas to improve on before he can be considered as good as Duncan/KG. He's close, but his defense is sloppy and he seems prone to fouling. In a couple of years, he may well be the best pf, but not right now.

CubsBullsfan28
08-27-2008, 08:10 PM
i voted for KG. i loved watching him play before he went to boston. he can do everything. Duncan is a close second though IMO

SeoulBeatz
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Tim Duncan

Iodine
08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
TD
this shouldnt be a debate

carruthers32
08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
right NOW i say KG, a couple of years ago i would say Tim Duncan

Cavs_Fan24
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
career wise, Duncan easily. But skill wise, KG no doubt. He has the ability to really take over a game, and Duncan cant really do that, well, not as good as Garnett.

KG has my vote.

op12
08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
saying gasol is better than bosh, brand and boozer is just dumb. would you have said that when he was in memphis. na, just cause he is a laker now. he is on down the list. and all the talk about amare, i would take dirk and bosh over him.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 09:24 PM
saying gasol is better than bosh, brand and boozer is just dumb. would you have said that when he was in memphis. na, just cause he is a laker now. he is on down the list. and all the talk about amare, i would take dirk and bosh over him.

agree with you on the pau talk. But i wouldnt want Dirk or Bosh over AMARE. maybe Dirk. But Amare is a straight up beast.

yaowowrocket11
08-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Extremely close, but I voted for KG.

Joshtd1
08-27-2008, 09:27 PM
How Amare managed to get 18 votes for the #1 PF in the game is beyond me.

theimortalone
08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
How Amare managed to get 18 votes for the #1 PF in the game is beyond me.

I guess there are alot of people who think he is #1.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Tim Duncan.

RocketsRule
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Tim Duncan

Even at his age, he can still ball. Still has his post moves, great defense, and is one of the top rebounders in the league. No contest.

GregOden#1
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
career wise, Duncan easily. But skill wise, KG no doubt. He has the ability to really take over a game, and Duncan cant really do that, well, not as good as Garnett.

KG has my vote.

When the hell has KG ever taken over a game, that's been his biggest criticism his entire career...

Iodine
08-27-2008, 09:34 PM
He has the ability to really take over a game, and Duncan cant really do that, well, not as good as Garnett.

KG has my vote.

which is why he is 34 all time in playoff PPG(behind TD)
16th in RPG(behind TD)
24th in playoff BPG(behind the number 3 duncan)
and 134th all time in FG%(duncan is almost 100 ahead)

so yeah he really takes over all the important games more than duncan

Joshtd1
08-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I guess there are alot of people who think he is #1.

Yes..that is what is beyond me.

Jay22Redd
08-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I voted Amare

Iodine
08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I voted Amare

fail

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Tim Duncan-I can see why people pick KG as well. Amare is an amazing player, but from what I've seen, he still has some areas to improve on before he can be considered as good as Duncan/KG. He's close, but his defense is sloppy and he seems prone to fouling. In a couple of years, he may well be the best pf, but not right now.

he does have a few areas, like, he should be able to stop my grandma from scoring on the block. Amare was given a gift when Nash was his point. Let's see what he does in 4 years, when Steve is done handing him cupcakes.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM

he does have a few areas, like, he should be able to stop my grandma from scoring on the block. Amare was given a gift when Nash was his point. Let's see what he does in 4 years, when Steve is done handing him cupcakes.

LA_Raiders
08-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Gasol #1...

Drewlius
08-27-2008, 11:00 PM
21 votes for Amare, rofl....

mrblisterdundee
08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
This post is asking about the best performing power forward, not the best team player. Amare can outperform Duncan and Garnett any day of the week.