PDA

View Full Version : International game better than the NBA game?

Hotone1401
08-27-2008, 04:12 AM
After watching these exciting Olympic games, I came to the conclusion that I love watching team ball! I love watching honest defenses and the way the zone/man defense really challeges offenses. I also loved seeing every player treated the same with no "star treatment". It was as if the International game really brings out the best in our players. They were challenged and pushed to the limit physically and mentally throughout these games. I know the NBA really uses it's "Stars" to promote its game but did anybody else notice how much less whining the USA players did in International play than in the NBA game. I mean players like Wade and Kobe who whine all the time were forced to just suck it up and play and I loved it! Not knocking either of those players because I am a fan of both but you guys get the idea.

In a way, I think the International game makes the NBA game look like sissy ball with all they ticky tack fouls, phantom calls, and not to mention the dreaded star treatment that some of the stars in our league gets. The NBA game almost seems soft compared to the international game and I really think a change would be good. Is anybody else with me on this, and if so, do you think that the NBA will eventually conform to international play or vice versa?

RocketPowered
08-27-2008, 07:37 AM
I think the nba will be global and it wont matter if its international ball or nba, it eventually will be a mash-up of both

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
sadly is fiba adopting some Nba rules in 2010.

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Yea I heard. ^

dre1990
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I think the nba will be global and it wont matter if its international ball or nba, it eventually will be a mash-up of both

agreed

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
NBA game by a long shot. If the NBA switches styles and played that crappy international game where u can swat balls of the rim and all that....No..NBA game is levels betetr

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Its funny that Nba clames to be the best BASKETBALL league of the world while Ncaa and FIba have rules that have more to do with the ORIGINAL spirit of the game.

Rome
08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Agreed I love watching the international style of play too. Was a nice change. Good to see our best playing as a unit, nobody trying to drop 30 a night but all playing cohesively.

lakers4sho
08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Its funny that Nba clames to be the best BASKETBALL league of the world while Ncaa and FIba have rules that have more to do with the ORIGINAL spirit of the game.

You mean, like the traveling violation? :D

KingDiesel
08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
style of play aside, wasn't it also great that there weren't timeouts called after every play toward the end of games? even games that didn't involve the usa blowing a team out didn't have all those damned time outs. also that the timeouts weren't 5 minutes like they (seemingly) are in the nba. it's beautiful when the game is just allowed to flow instead of the constant stoppage that we experience here.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM
well thats because in fiba there are no time outs for Marketing/ advertisement purpoes.

any way, i guarantee you than in a tight euroleague game you see 4 or 5 itme outs in teh last too minutes.

Waht surprised me on the olympics is they didnt start the FOulr your rivals worst shooter thing when the result was close in teh last 3 minutes.

Rome
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Only thing I didn't like was the whole once it hits the rim you can swat it rule and the games went by too fast.

superkegger
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM

Who cares, the game evolves. There didn't used to be a lane at all, or a 3pt line, or a shot clock. The game evolves, who cares what the original spirit of the game was. It's a different game now.

JWalk126
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
sadly is fiba adopting some Nba rules in 2010.

Yea I heard. ^

I posted that 4 months ago in the FIBA forum, why are people only figuring it out now? it was on Yahoo! & ESPN.....

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
NBA Game, just not the fouls.

JWalk126
08-27-2008, 05:02 PM
I say we get rid of traveling and double dribble in Europe; make it more like the NBA since it seems to happen there too often anyways

lalakobe24
08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
euro bball is some of the most boring **** ever xept when usa beats them then its exiting

Chronz
08-27-2008, 05:19 PM
The 3pt line is a joke, the trapezoid lane is pretty gay and I dont like seeing a game with little focus on attacking the rim or establishing a post presence. Guards rule that style of play and Im not a fan of that. Both are exciting though