PDA

View Full Version : Travis Outlaw on the trading block?

blazers=future
08-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Today i read something talking about how Travis Outlaw might be on the trading block for the blazers. As a blazers fan having witnessed his growth and remaining potential this sounds incredibly stupid, especially if it is in return for someone like Michael Conley after we just drafted Bayliss and currently have Sergio and Steve Blake at the point (with Roy handling at some stages).

Thoughts?

Lakersfan2483
08-27-2008, 03:32 AM
Travis Outlaw is a solid player, if he does get traded, he will contribute wherever he ends up. To answer your question, no, I would not trade him.

LAKERS 24/7
08-27-2008, 03:35 AM
Is there a reason they would do this? From what I've heard he is a rising star

blackjack_119
08-27-2008, 03:39 AM
Travis Outlaw is not on the trading block. For one thing, Kevin Pritchard is still on vacation. I find it hard to believe that two rumors involving Outlaw (one to Memphis for Conley and one to Chicago with Pryzbilla for Hinrich) are accurate when our GM is taking his first vacation in a long time. It's the middle of the summer... teams/fans/blogs need to generate interest. One of the best ways to do that is labeling hypothetical or dream situations as rumors. Outlaw to Memphis doesn't make sense because the Griz already have Gay. Outlaw and Pryzbilla to Chicago doesn't make sense because that would leave the Blazers with one Center, one SF and and a glut of guard who will all want playing time.

amare#1
08-27-2008, 04:11 AM
Travis Outlaw is not on the trading block. For one thing, Kevin Pritchard is still on vacation. I find it hard to believe that two rumors involving Outlaw (one to Memphis for Conley and one to Chicago with Pryzbilla for Hinrich) are accurate when our GM is taking his first vacation in a long time. It's the middle of the summer... teams/fans/blogs need to generate interest. One of the best ways to do that is labeling hypothetical or dream situations as rumors. Outlaw to Memphis doesn't make sense because the Griz already have Gay. Outlaw and Pryzbilla to Chicago doesn't make sense because that would leave the Blazers with one Center, one SF and and a glut of guard who will all want playing time.

Yeah I agree. I'm pretty sure its just horseshit

GregOden#1
08-27-2008, 04:25 AM

The situation is from what I know from very reliable sources.

Knowing Pritch though it'l probably be Bayless+Outlaw+Raef for Gay+Conley+unprotected first+Cardinal so I'm not really worried

blazers=future
08-27-2008, 07:42 AM

Knowing Pritch though it'l probably be Bayless+Outlaw+Raef for Gay+Conley+unprotected first+Cardinal so I'm not really worried

Haha.... thats so true!!!

Knicks845
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
^ no.

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't trade Outlaw. He is still very young and still improving. He is the 'Ginobili' of the Blazers.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Outlaw does have potential. But look at the rest of Portlands roster

Oden
Roy
Bayless
R. Fernandez
L. Aldrige
M.Webster
S.Blake

i think they can try an unload Outlaw and see what they can get. Its not like OUTLAW is there only young stud. Blazers will be just fine with or without T.Outlaw... who i think can be a sixth man type payer in this league. he has skills

Rome
08-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Wouldn't make sense. Their stacked with young talent at the point position.

emulate111
08-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Some of these things happen while the boss is on 'vacation'.

thebutterflyman
08-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Definitely stupid if they are planning to trade him. I have a feeling Outlaw is gonna have a breakout year in this upcoming season. Him and possibly Jamario.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Portland has expressed a need to get a veteran star to add leadership. Travis Outlaw's trade value continues to climb, maybe more than Webster's. He might be involved in a trade for a veteran point guard or small forward.
A point guard seems less likely as the Blazers have combo guards Roy, Fernandez, and Bayless. They also have a solid true point guard back-up in Steve Blake. Although he's great, I think Sergio doesn't have much of a future in Portland.
A small forward seems more likely because if Travis went, the Martell Webster would be the only small forward left. James Jones is gone already. I think Travis and a guard would be in a sign and trade for a veteran small forward, or an up and comer. Martell could then be slotted as a reserve small forward.
Chicago has three small forwards and a dissatisfied shooting guard. Maybe they are a possibility. Personally, I would be ok with Tyrus Thomas just as much as Outlaw.
Of course, it does still seem like a good thing Portland has going is getting messed with.

Raptors27
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Portland has expressed a need to get a veteran star to add leadership. Travis Outlaw's trade value continues to climb, maybe more than Webster's. He might be involved in a trade for a veteran point guard or small forward.
A point guard seems less likely as the Blazers have combo guards Roy, Fernandez, and Bayless. They also have a solid true point guard back-up in Steve Blake. Although he's great, I think Sergio doesn't have much of a future in Portland.
A small forward seems more likely because if Travis went, the Martell Webster would be the only small forward left. James Jones is gone already. I think Travis and a guard would be in a sign and trade for a veteran small forward, or an up and comer. Martell could then be slotted as a reserve small forward.
Chicago has three small forwards and a dissatisfied shooting guard. Maybe they are a possibility. Personally, I would be ok with Tyrus Thomas just as much as Outlaw.
Of course, it does still seem like a good thing Portland has going is getting messed with.

they also drafted Nicolas Batum, who is pretty good at SF.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2008, 01:32 PM

Nicolas Batum will be pre-NBA project for at least two to three seasons. He's not getting very much playing time in the near future.

CaughtInAHustle
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Rudy Fernandez

Rome
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I just read something on it, and they're saying they were looking at Memphis and mike Conley, but then said Memphis wouldn't do it since he's their only true point. I could see them having talks with chi town or looking elsewher for a veteran forward to mix with the youngins.

superkegger
08-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Cardinal isn't there, he was in the deal to get mayo. which means it would be walker or jaric, both of whose contracts are worse than cardinal....

hes not even going to join them until at the earliest next year.

blackjack_119
08-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Cardinal isn't there, he was in the deal to get mayo. which means it would be walker or jaric, both of whose contracts are worse than cardinal....

hes not even going to join them until at the earliest next year.

Nicolas Batum already joined the team. He will be on the roster on opening night. He will likely play in the D-League all season.

DerekRE_3
08-27-2008, 09:06 PM
I would love to have Outlaw on the Kings. He would add some much needed athleticism. He is a FREAK. One of my favorite players.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Today i read something talking about how Travis Outlaw might be on the trading block for the blazers. As a blazers fan having witnessed his growth and remaining potential this sounds incredibly stupid, especially if it is in return for someone like Michael Conley after we just drafted Bayliss and currently have Sergio and Steve Blake at the point (with Roy handling at some stages).

Thoughts?

at some point, when the average age of your lineup is 12, and you are getting pretty decent, you have to think about gettting some vets. Portland is in the stage now, where they have a great young core, but they need to mix in some vets. Outlaw is attractive, and won't hurt too bad to lose.

GregOden#1
08-27-2008, 09:37 PM
at some point, when the average age of your lineup is 12, and you are getting pretty decent, you have to think about gettting some vets. Portland is in the stage now, where they have a great young core, but they need to mix in some vets. Outlaw is attractive, and won't hurt too bad to lose.

Having vets are overrated. They need a leader, and Roy is that guy. If they really need old guys to show people all the tricks of the NBA, then they can hire some assistant coaches.

I Portland takes back both Jaric and Walker you think that deal has any chance of happening? :D

Storch
08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
since outlaw is a good lay,maybe theyre making a package to attain a proven veteran. maybe piston? prince or billups? portland would be insane.. :speechless:

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Having vets are overrated. They need a leader, and Roy is that guy. If they really need old guys to show people all the tricks of the NBA, then they can hire some assistant coaches.

I Portland takes back both Jaric and Walker you think that deal has any chance of happening? :D

having a mix of vets in not overrated. If you keep your current team, they will fade when they need to, because they haven't seen playoff basketball before, and when your young studs do grow up, they will leave for contenders. You MUST have the right mix. No doubt about it dude. Portland is on the cusp on being an elite team, but they have too many young, talented players. How are they going to pay them all in the next 4 years???? You have no choice but to trade for some vets who understand roles. BTW, I am a die hard Wolves fan. If you take Jaric and Walker, have a load of fun listening to them ***** that they are still contributors on a championship team. Good ridance.

GregOden#1
08-27-2008, 10:15 PM
having a mix of vets in not overrated. If you keep your current team, they will fade when they need to, because they haven't seen playoff basketball before, and when your young studs do grow up, they will leave for contenders. You MUST have the right mix. No doubt about it dude. Portland is on the cusp on being an elite team, but they have too many young, talented players. How are they going to pay them all in the next 4 years???? You have no choice but to trade for some vets who understand roles. BTW, I am a die hard Wolves fan. If you take Jaric and Walker, have a load of fun listening to them ***** that they are still contributors on a championship team. Good ridance.

Paul Allen is worth more money than the entire NBA put together. He has had no problems with resigning people in the past.

Again we dont need veterans when we have guys like Roy. And most of Portland's players have seen NCAA/world championship games, they know what the pressure is like.

But really? You'd do Gay+Conley+unprotected first+Jaric+Walker for Outlaw+Bayless+Raef

Get er done Pritch.

HiphopRelated
08-27-2008, 10:38 PM
But really? You'd do Gay+Conley+unprotected first+Jaric+Walker for Outlaw+Bayless+Raef

Get er done Pritch.

what the hell??

Gay and Conley are the best players in the deal AND everybody is young and not really proven.

Yeah Memphis management is foolish, but this trade takes cocaine while drinking Johnny Walker for agreement.

GregOden#1
08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
what the hell??

Gay and Conley are the best players in the deal AND everybody is young and not really proven.

Yeah Memphis management is foolish, but this trade takes cocaine while drinking Johnny Walker for agreement.

Bayless>>Conley

The83rdWonder
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Bayless>>Conley

Comparing a rookie who hasn't played a game, against another unproven point guard. Your logic isn't flawed.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Paul Allen is worth more money than the entire NBA put together. He has had no problems with resigning people in the past.

Again we dont need veterans when we have guys like Roy. And most of Portland's players have seen NCAA/world championship games, they know what the pressure is like.

Get er done Pritch.

Memphis would NEVER do that, so quit dreaming. That is the most ridiculous trade I can think of for Memphis.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2008, 11:04 PM

Get er done Pritch.

Uh, no. Roy is fine, but he has zero playoff games. And a NCAA championship means nothing. Ask Corey Brewer. Or Noah, or Hurley, or Laettner. The NBA is a whole different game. You MUST have a mix. Name one team in the last 20 years that won with a bunch of 28 year olds, and no vets, period. None.

blackjack_119
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Uh, no. Roy is fine, but he has zero playoff games. And a NCAA championship means nothing. Ask Corey Brewer. Or Noah, or Hurley, or Laettner. The NBA is a whole different game. You MUST have a mix. Name one team in the last 20 years that won with a bunch of 28 year olds, and no vets, period. None.

The last time the Blazers won the championship, they did it with a bunch of 25 year olds and no vets. Furthermore, this Blazer team breaks the mold. Young teams aren't supposed to play well. They were the third youngest team in the history of the NBA. The two younger teams were the Baby Bulls (15-67) and the 53-54 Bullets (16-56). The Blazers were 41-41 as the next youngest team in the most difficult Western Conference in recent memory. This year's team will be even younger than last year's because they are adding Oden, Bayless, Fernandez and Batum and losing Jones, McRoberts and Jack.

Conventional logic says that this team can't win because they are two young. Yet, few would be shocked if this Blazer team won 50 games playing in the Western Conference. Veterans are overrated.