PDA

View Full Version : Willy Taveras?

mikeyfikac06
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't know if the Astros have given up on Bourn yet or not but Taveras was just put on waivers...What do you guys think if he was back in an Astros uniform? Personally I have always loved Willy T and I was very sad to see him go in that stupid Jason Jennings trade.

Thoughts?

nickymintz
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I would love it but I just dont see it happening.
I could see them bring lamb back though who was just dropped.

chadtx01
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing Willy back in Houston. He's really blossomed since he left, he finally figured out how to steal bases.

I think Bourn will be as good as soon as he figures out how to poke the ball to the opposite field and start pounding grounders.

Crzycjunx76
08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Lamb is about the same bat that Blum is ... a bench bat. The only difference is that Blum plays good defense at third, first, and second where as Lamb only really plays well at first. Combine that with the fact that Blums option vested for next season, we have a couple defensive quad-A options currently in our minors and the ammount Lamb would be owed next season on his current contract and I just dont see us getting Lamb.

Willy is better than Bourn with the stick and only just a tiny bit less affective in the field... the only problem is he still has an awful on base percentage and is not the leadoff man we really need... Bourn strikes out too much and Willy cant get the ball out of the infield.... of couse if we are going for lesser evils Taveras could work. We need a leadoff hitter and atleast one more average hitter and both have to come at the positions of SS, C, or CF. Unfortunatley good Catchers and Center fielders are hard to find and shortstops are hard to acquire as well and we have Tejada eating up a ton of contract at that position. If by some miracle we can replace Tejada with an above average on base percentage, we can get a legit leadoff man, and Pence can strike out a bit less and walk just a smidge more we could have a pretty consistant offense on our hands.

Blackcar09
08-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I've checked online on the rockies site and typed in willy taveras on the search bar and have found nothing about him being put onto waivers.

It just comes as a surprise to me since the guy is so lethal with his speed on the bases and the field

rhino17
08-27-2008, 12:15 AM
I would love to get him back, he was one of my favorite players

brandt
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I've checked online on the rockies site and typed in willy taveras on the search bar and have found nothing about him being put onto waivers.

It just comes as a surprise to me since the guy is so lethal with his speed on the bases and the field

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8492810/Rockies-put-Fuentes,-Taveras-on-waivers?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

cegielskijastro
09-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Lamb is about the same bat that Blum

Are you crazy lamb is terrable he couldnt keep his job here and the twins just got rid of him. Blum has been great 14 homeruns is a new career high.
Willy has a better arm than Bourn, Bourn may be a little faster but he cant bunt. At least when Willy hit it in the infield he reached base

laxtonto
09-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Blum has shown more power this year... but he is still an offensive liability and is not an every day player. If anything Blum has recieved too much playing time this season.

What I was comparing was Blum's .278 OBP and Lamb's .276 OBP... that and the fact that they are both over the hill backups.

Wizard of O's
09-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Astros are loaded at 3B and really don't need Mike Lamb.

However I'd love Willy T back.

If the Astros make the playoffs will Carlos be ready?

tripleplay2007
09-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Willy was one of my favorite players when he was still with the Astros. I watch the Rockies whenever they are on just because he is playing. What would we have to give for him? I really would love him in center field instead of Bourn. This hasn't been his best season but the season before the kid hit .320 on the season with a .367 OBP and a .748 OPS.

jimbobjarree
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I dissagree 100% with what the last guy just said, whoever the hell he is

PTY Astros
09-22-2008, 04:27 PM
If you can't hit in Colorado, you can't hit anywhere. I was never high on Taveras, he is not a good hitter period.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
yeah i would love to see him back

Jahari Kavi
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
would love to have him back, and we're stupid for letting him go.......