PDA

View Full Version : Caron Butler or Paul Pierce?

amare#1
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Probably the 2nd and 3rd best small forwards in the league... who do you think is better?

ARMIN12NBA
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Caron Butler. He is younger and puts up better numbers all around. He averaged more points, assists, steals, and rebounds while shooting a better FG% at the same time. He also averaged less turnovers.

Beno7500
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Caron Butler

29$JerZ
08-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Caron Butler, Pierce had Allen and KG to take pressure off of him while Caron only have Jamison. Caron is younger also.

lakers4sho
08-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Caron Butler. It's a shame that we traded him for Kwame.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-27-2008, 01:33 AM
^Yeah, but if you didn't trade him for Kwame, you couldn't have traded Kwame for Pau Gasol.

LakerzDQ
08-27-2008, 07:35 AM
^Yeah, but if you didn't trade him for Kwame, you couldn't have traded Kwame for Pau Gasol.

Fisher
Kobe
Butler
Odom
Bynum

is nearly as good as our current lineup, so really, I would've wanted Butler in our past several seasons.

m26555
08-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Definitely Pierce..I love Butler, but come on..Pierce was EXTRAORDINARY in the playoffs this year. Let's see Butler even come close to doing what Pierce did in this past postseason before we put him on his level.

Tom81
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Paul Pierce

NYMetros
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Paul Pierce pretty easily. Butler is good, but Pierce carried the Celtics to the NBA Championship last season. Whenever the Celtics looked like they were done, or they needed a surge offensively, Pierce was the man that gave it to them. Butler hasn't even come close to accomplishing that yet.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
^ really?
I'll pick Caron Bulter

ARMIN12NBA
08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Definitely Pierce..I love Butler, but come on..Pierce was EXTRAORDINARY in the playoffs this year. Let's see Butler even come close to doing what Pierce did in this past postseason before we put him on his level.

He shot 44% and averaged 5 assists and 5 rebounds while Caron shot 46% and averaged 4 assists and 6 rebounds.

Pierce's playoffs were overrated. He shot 43% in the Finals and was praised as a god by the Celtic fans while Kobe shot nearly 42% and is called out as a choker by everybody. Does that make sense? The Celtics truly won as a TEAM.

Pierce had an nice playoffs. Lets not overrate what he did.

m26555
08-27-2008, 04:51 PM
He shot 44% and averaged 5 assists and 5 rebounds while Caron shot 46% and averaged 4 assists and 6 rebounds.

Pierce's playoffs were overrated. He shot 43% in the Finals and was praised as a god by the Celtic fans while Kobe shot nearly 42% and is called out as a choker by everybody. Does that make sense? The Celtics truly won as a TEAM.

Yes, because Pierce elevated his level of play late in the game. Bryant did not.

And let's see Butler go off in a game seven like Pierce did against Cleveland, then talk.

ARMIN12NBA
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes, because Pierce elevated his level of play late in the game. Bryant did not.

And let's see Butler go off in a game seven like Pierce did against Cleveland, then talk.

I am sorry, but shooting 43% is hardly EXTRAORDINARY. He did fine. You are completely overrating what he did in the playoffs. He averaged 20 PPG on 44% shooting, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, and 1 steal. It was good. Heck, even Kobe had a better playoffs. He averaged 30 PPG on 48% shooting, 6 assists, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals. If Pierce's playoffs were EXTRAORDINARY then there are no words to describe Kobe's playoffs...

Tha Truth
08-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Paul Pierce.

Chronz
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM

Pierce got to the line more and made 36% of his 3's (compared to 23% for Butler) so his TS% was actually higher than Butlers. And despite averaging more rebounds per game, Pierce was the better rebounder. His rebound rate was higher than Butlers (by .1 so its meaningless anyways) but his per game averages look lower because of the fact that the Wizards played at a faster pace but what make Pierces rebounding numbers more impressive than Butlers is the fact that in the playoffs the Celtics were one of the best rebounding teams while the Wizards were the absolute worst.

As for their playmaking Butler did an excellent job, his passing was crisp and Ive never seen him read defenses the way he did this year but Pierce did it against several different defenses and maintained his effectiveness all playoffs. I dont see how anyone could say Butler had as good of a playoff run as Pierce did and Im one of the few who think his playoffs have been pretty substandard offensively atleast, but what really separates the 2 is the fact that Pierce played tremendous defense against everyone he matched up with and if he wasnt on a primary scorer his help defense was superb. I agree that people have been overrating what Pierce did but I think your severely underrating it if your thinking Butler was better.

bogdanrom
08-27-2008, 09:29 PM
In the regular season, you have the possibility of saying Butler, but in the playoffs it was definitely Pierce. I do think that Pierce is slowly becoming overrated because of what he did in the Finals, which wasn't that special, and that IMO Butler is underrated.

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I'd personally take Pierce.

SwaggaIke
08-28-2008, 03:05 AM
I'd rather have Butler on my team. IMO he is a better true man to man defender than Pierce. He can make just as many plays as Pierce on the offensive end and is a better ball handler. Not to mention the fact that he's younger. Pierce has a better stroke than Butler and has been to the top of the mountain top. I'd rather have Butler.

BOOZE'nMUSE69
08-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Pierce is a better winner and generally more injury-free.

Butler is younger and more complete.

I guess it depends on your taste.

dre1990
08-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Paul peirce. only 2 years older and way better