PG: Rajon Rondo

Key Reserves:
Leon Powe, Eddie House, Toney Allen, Glen Davis

Key Losses:
James Posey, PJ Brown?, Sam Cassel?

Key Additions:
Darius Miles?, Bill Walker

Why:
It’s basically the same Celtics team we saw last year minus James Posey. I don’t know if this team will come out and dominate the regular season like it did last year, but my guess is they will win 60 games at the very least. Posey was a bad loss for them, they won’t feel it in the regular season, but come playoffs we saw what kind of a difference maker he can be. Will PJ Brown and Sam Cassel be back? Who knows, and I’m not sure with the emergence on Powe and Davis that it will be a huge factor. Rondo will probably only be better this year than last, and even though the “Big 3” are aging, they’ll still be very good.

2. Detroit Pistons*
Projected Starting 5
C: Rasheed Wallace
PF: Antonio McDyess
SF: Tayshaun Prince
SG: Rip Hamilton
PG: Chauncey Billups

Key Reserves:
Rodney Stuckey, Aaron Afflalo, Jason Maxiell, Kwame Brown

Key Losses:
None

Key Additions:
Kwame Brown

Why:
Well they added depth with Kwame, which in my opinion is a nice move. He’ll be doing what he does best, defend and rebound. Stuckey will be like a 6th starter for them, and I think he’ll be in the running for 6th man of the year. By canning Saunders they bring in Curry who the players like and respect. This might be a last gasp for the Pistons with Sheed’s contract up after this year. They’re still a very solid team, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the crafty Joe Dumars pulls a move here or there to bring in a valuable piece to help put them over the top. They’ll be right there with Celtics atop the east.

3. Philadelphia 76ers
Projected Starting 5
C: Samuel Dalembert
PF: Elton Brand
SF: Thaddeus Young
SG: Andre Iguodala
PG: Andre Miller

Key Reserves:
Reggie Evans, Lou Williams, Kareem Rush

Key Losses:
None

Key Additions:
Elton Brand, Kareem Rush, Mareese Speights, Theo Ratliff

Why:
I don’t question Brand’s health at all. He’ll be back to form, and he’ll be that piece these young 76ers were missing. He can slow the game down, be that calming presence when shots aren’t falling and the focal point of the offense. This team pushed the Pistons to 6 without him, and it’s kind of scary to think what they could do with him. Iggy and Young will only be better players with him, maybe not as glorious stats, but they’ll be able to get better shots, and their team defense is much more solid. This team can be explosive, and they also added vets who know how to execute their role.

4. Washington Wizards*
Projected Starting 5
C: Brendan Haywood
PF: Antawn Jamison
SF: Caron Bulter
SG: DeShawn Stevenston
PG: Gilbert Arenas

Key Reserves:
Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Etan Thomas, JaVale McGee, Darius Songalia

Key Losses:
Roger Mason Jr.

Key Additions:
JaVale McGee, Etan Thomas(returning form heart condition)

Why:
Do I think the Wizard are the 4th best team in the East? No. But they will win their division. With Gil finally healthy, and Caron playing at a level higher than he ever has, this team is pretty damn good. I know people want to say that they’re better than without Gil than with him. That’s complete foolishness. Before Gil went down for the first time a few years back, the Wizards were the best team in the East, hence why Eddie Jordan was the All Star game coach that year. I’m thinking that Gil will return to his old form and he’ll be lighting some teams up this year, and people are going to forget about all that nonsense that they’re better without him on the court. Their success hinges entirely on Arenas, which can be a volatile thing at times, but in the end it will result in wins.

5. Toronto Raptors
Projected Starting 5
C: Jermaine O’neal
PF: Chris Bosh
SF: Jamario Moon
SG: Anthony Parker
PG: Jose Calderon

Key Reserves:
Jason Kapono, Kris Humphries, Andrea Bargnani, Joey Graham

Key Losses:
TJ Ford, Rasho Nesterovic

Key Additions:
Jermaine O’Neal

Why:
I’m a big fan of the JO move. It’s a risky if JO isn’t healthy, but I’m in the opinion that he actually is playing pain free for the first time in 2 years like he says he is. If you get 140 game between JO and Bosh, that’s going to be one of, if not the best, big men tandems in the NBA. Calderon should shine now that he’s finally getting the starting job full time and regardless of how well the dual pg system worked, it will allow Calderon to be more productive. A quality pg and two All Star caliber bigs, sounds like a recipe for success to me. If Bargs and Kapono can be effective off the bench, then this team will just be that much more effective

6. Orlando Magic
Projected Starting 5
C: Dwight Howard
PF: Rasherd Lewis
SF: Hedo Turkoglu
SG: Mickael Pietrus
PG: Jameer Nelson

Key Reserves:
Courtney Lee, Anthony Johnson, Keith Bogans, Tony Battie, JJ Redick

Key Losses:
Keyon Dooling, Mo Evans

Key Additions:
Mickael Pietrus, Coutnry Lee

Why:
Mickael Pietrus is supposed to be the answer to this teams SG problem, I’m not sold on it, but it is better than anything they previously had, and he seems to fit with the rest of the team in terms of his style of play. I think the main thing this year though is, that last year, they might have snuck up on some teams, and that won’t happen this yere. Dwight Howard should only be that much more of a force this year than last. Though with the other teams in the east bulking up at PF, having Rashard there might become a problem some nights. Overall though I think they’ll be pretty good if Jameer and Dwight continue to improve; the key to that being Jameer. His play is what this team’s success hinges on. He was benched at one point last year, and if he can give them consistent play, you know what you’re going to get from your front court.

7. Cleveland CavaliersProjected Starting 5
C: Big Z
PF: Ben Wallace
SF: LeBron James
SG: Wally Szczerbiak
PG: Mo Williams

Key Reserves:
Daniel Gibson, Sasha Pavolovic, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao, JJ Hickson,

Key Losses:
Devin Brown, Damon Jones, Joe Smith

Key Additions:
Mo Williams

Why:
They’ve got a logjam in the back court there with 3 pgs, and 2 sgs who all probably expect to see quality time. Which makes me believe they’re not done dealing, but we’ll see. I think Mo Williams was a good addition, considering they gave up nothing of real value for him. But their bigs are aging, and I really question what they’ll be able to continue to get out of Z and Ben. I think this team will struggle all season to find it’s identity as a team, and then in the Playoffs LeBron will do his thing and carry them.

8. Atlanta Hawks
Projected Starting 5
C: Al Horford
PF: Josh Smith
SF: Marvin Williams
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Mike Bibby

Key Reserves:
Mo Evans, Acie Law, Zaza

Key Losses:
Josh Childress

Key Additions:
Mo Evans

Why:
Losing Childress hurt, no doubt. But they did get a guy in Evans who should be able to pick up some of that slack. However I thought their biggest need was to get a true C so that Horford and Smith could move back down a spot. However the both showed they can play there, and they both should only be better this year than last. It will be interesting to see how Bibby fits in with this team for a whole season as well. But I still think they’re a piece away from really making any major noise.

The Bubble Teams

9. Miami Heat
Projected Starting 5
C: Mark Blount?
PF: Shawn Marion
SF: Michael Beasley
SG: Dwyane Wade
PG: Mario Chalmers

Key Reserves:
Dorrel Wright, Udonis Haslem, James Jones, Alonzo Mourning?, Marcus Banks

Key Losses:
Ricky Davis, Jason Williams

Key Additions:
Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, James Jones

Why:
If Chalmers plays in the regular season like he did in summer league, the Heat will be fine at PG. Especially since Wade does a lot of the ball handling anyway. This team though has a real question mark at center. But I think Beasley will be just fine, especially playing in between two all stars in Wade and Marion. But this teams success hinges on what Beasley and Chalmers do and what they plug in at C. With Wade and Marion though, they’ll make some noise, don’t know if it will be playoffs though.

10. Milwaukee Bucks
Projected Starting 5
C: Andrew Bogut
PF: Charlie Villanueva
SF: Richard Jefferson
SG: Michael Redd
PG: Luke Ridnour

Key Reserves:
Ramon Sessions, Joe Alexander, Tyronn Lue, Charlie Bell, Francisco Elscon

Key Losses:
Yi Jianlian, Mo Williams

Key Additions:
Richard Jefferson, Joe Alexander, Tyronn Lue, Francisco Elson Coach Scott Skiles

Why:
It was hard for me to keep this team out of the playoffs. Redd and RJ should be a very good and complimentary duo. I think Ridnour as a pass first pg will fit in just right with those two and Bogut. Bogut I think will continue to improve on his numbers last year, especially under Skiles. They’ve got some good depth, and I think should any serious injury occur to a key player for the playoff teams, the Bucks could very easily slide in there and snag a playoff spot.

11. Charlotte Bobcats
Projected Starting 5
C: Nazr Mohammed
PF: Emeka Okafor
SF: Gerlad Wallace
SG: Jason Richardson
PG: Raymond Felton

Key Reserves:
DJ Augustin, Matt Carron, Sean May, Adam Morrison, Jared Dudley

Key Losses:
None

Key Additions:
DJ Augustin, Coach Larry Brown

Why:
Larry Brown has a history of turning teams around, and I think it is very possible he could turn the talent on this roster into a playoff team instead of a lottery team. The problem is, I’m not sold on Emeka Okafor. He just hasn’t gotten all that much better since his rookie year, and he’s not that reliable low post option. Perhaps this year is his breakout year, if not, they’ll be smelling lottery once again.

12. Chicago Bulls
Projected Starting 5
C: Joakim Noah
PF: Drew Gooden
SF: Luol Deng
SG: Kirk Hinrich
PG: Derrick rose

Key Reserves:
Ben Gordon?, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Aaron Gray, Larry Hughes, Thabo Sefolosha

Key Losses:
None yet

Key Additions:
Derrick Rose, Coach Vinny Del Negro

Why:
I’m still not sure if last year was an aberration for the Bulls, or if the previous years they just overachieved… :shrug: What I do know is that they still don’t really have a low post presence they need. Gooden is a nice player, but he’s not the player they need down low. They’re deep and the guard spots and sf, but its too deep. I still think Pax will make a move with all those pieces, especially considering BG wants out. This team has too many questions about who’s going to be there, and who’s going to start, and how good Derrick Rose will be for me to really say they’re going to be better.

Lottery Bound

13. Indiana Pacers
Projected Starting 5
C: Jeff Foster
PF: Troy Murphy
SF: Danny Granger
SG: Mike Dunleavy
PG: TJ Ford

Key Reserves:
Brandon Rush, Roy Hibbert, Rasho, Jamaal Tinsley

Key Losses:
Jermaine O’neal

Key Additions:
Brandon Rush, Roy Hibbet, Rasho, TJ Ford

Why:
Well this team is finally moving in a discernable direction. They’ve got a pg who they can rely on, and Granger is now their clear go to guy. Rush and Hibbert should end up being starters in a year or two, as I would think Dunleavy, Foster, Tinsley and Murphy might all being joining new teams within the next year or two. They won’t be returning to the playoffs this year, but this Indiana team finally can see the direction they’re going, and if their young talent pans out, they’ll be back in the playoffs soon enough.

14. New York Knicks
Projected Starting 5
C: Eddy Curry
PF: Zach Randolph
SF: Danilo Gallinari?
SG: Jamal Crawford
PG: Chris Duhon?

Key Reserves:
Stephon Marbury?, Nate Robinson, David Lee

Key Losses:
None yet

Key Additions:
Danilo Gallinari, Chris Duhon, Coach Mike D’Antoni

Why:
So a bad defensive team gets a non defensive minded coach? I don’t know if that’s going to work out real well this year, but who knows down the road. They may be rid of Zeke, but the fact still remains that Curry and Randolph don’t work together. I just really can’t see this team making a whole lot of noise. I think their biggest accomplishments this year will be what salaries they can rid themselves of.

15. New Jersey Nets
Projected Starting 5
C: Brook Lopez
PF: Josh Boone
SF: Yi Jianlian
SG: Vince Carter
PG: Devin Harris

Key Reserves:
Sean Williams, Stromile Swift, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez, CDR, Keyon Dolling, Eduardo Najera, Bobby Simmons

Key Losses:
Richard Jefferson, Diop

Key Additions:
Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez, CDR, Keyon Dolling, Eduardo Najera, Bobby Simmons

Why:
A young team, that has seemingly one goal, LeBron in 2010. I’d be surprised if Vince was still on the team and the deadline. There’s just not a lot of defense, and not a lot of experience. This team is chock full of untapped talent and potential, and its my opinion that this team will struggle mightily to get wins. Especially if Vince pulls one of those disappearing acts…

lakers4sho
08-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Key Reserves:
Rodney Stuckey, Aaron Afflalo, Jason Maxiell, Kwame Brown

LOL

Anyways, pretty good insight overall.

EDIT: I just realized I can't put smileys in here.

JordansBulls
08-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Kinda surprised to see the Wizards that high. They haven't had homecourt in the 1st round since that team was put together.

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
sorry but i think your rankings are garbage ... the thoughts on each team is pretty dead on and you show alot of positives but you dont takl about the problems each team might have and personally i think my rankings would look more like
boston
detriot
orlando>> dwight is a monster, an uncontrollable beast
raps>>JO/BOSH is killer
cavs>> do you not know what Lebron James can do
sixers>> you give them too much credit brand is undersized, good, but not superstar
wizz>> arenas is one of the few pgs in the league who makes their team mates worse
heat>> [wade is back]

still1ballin
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Kinda surprised to see the Wizards that high. They haven't had homecourt in the 1st round since that team was put together.

Maybe Injuries can be the reason?

superkegger
08-27-2008, 01:23 PM

Maybe Injuries can be the reason?

Yeah, I knew people would disagree with the Wizards that high. But I feel like the Magic maybe crept up on people last year, and people will know how to game plan for the shard/hedo thing better this year, and they won't surprise anybody. And I think with Gil healthy the wizards are a much better team than people think. Plus I didn't just want to go by the book and have no surprises ya know.

Westbrook36
08-27-2008, 01:59 PM
sorry but i think your rankings are garbage ... the thoughts on each team is pretty dead on and you show alot of positives but you dont takl about the problems each team might have and personally i think my rankings would look more like
boston
detriot
raps>>JO/BOSH is killer
sixers>> you give them too much credit brand is undersized, good, but not superstar
wizz>> arenas is one of the few pgs in the league who makes their team mates worse
heat>> [wade is back]

LMFAO I Guess 20/10 Isnt superstar numbers

superkegger
08-27-2008, 02:41 PM

Right, I understand that, but I'm still not a believer in Jameer. And people now know what they're facing in Hedo and Shard. And I don't exactly buy Pietrus at SG being the answer to that problem. Plus they still lack any real depth.

I know exactly what Bron can do. But the cavs are never a real impressive team in the regular season. They have an old frontcourt that is thin, and like I said, I think they'll struggle to find their identity (as well as defensively) as a team for a good portion of the season. I have no doubts that once the playoffs come, Bron will hoist that team on his back and he'll take them places.

Maybe not superstar, but all star easily. Their lineup is superemely athletic and balanced, and their bench is much improved and deep. Plus I think they realized just how good they can be when they pushed the Pistons to 6 last year.

I don't buy that for a second. Not one ****ing second. Arenas is a fantastic player, one of the few guys who can single handedly take over and win a game on his own. He in no way makes his teammates worse. What proof you could offer, I would like to see.

heat>> [wade is back]
Wade may indeed be back, but they'll most likely have two rookies starting along with a huge ? at C. Does Zo come back? If he does cool, but hes not going to give you starters minutes over 82 games. Mark Blount, please, hes trash. Haslem would be destroyed at C. I just have a hard time seeing a lineup with two rookies and no real good option at C making the playoffs, no matter how good Wade and Marion are. Even if one of those rookies is Beasley. Could it happen, yes, but I'm not willing to believe it just yet.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Washington Wizards @ 4? really?

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
LMFAO I Guess 20/10 Isnt superstar numbers

i didnt say he wasnt an all star because he is .. but an all star can only do so much on the floor he isnt a super star and the difference between all star and super star is not in the numbers its in the decision making and winning games, look at timmy he is super star because he shows up when his team is down by 2 with 15 seconds to go .. brand is consistant but not doing to make them an amazing team... brand is definetly not as good as a guy like Bosh who as well is not a super star.. the reason i ranked sixers low is because elton is questionable .. just as questionable as Jermain Oneal << think about that one

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Right, I understand that, but I'm still not a believer in Jameer. And people now know what they're facing in Hedo and Shard. And I don't exactly buy Pietrus at SG being the answer to that problem. Plus they still lack any real depth.

I know exactly what Bron can do. But the cavs are never a real impressive team in the regular season. They have an old frontcourt that is thin, and like I said, I think they'll struggle to find their identity (as well as defensively) as a team for a good portion of the season. I have no doubts that once the playoffs come, Bron will hoist that team on his back and he'll take them places.

Maybe not superstar, but all star easily. Their lineup is superemely athletic and balanced, and their bench is much improved and deep. Plus I think they realized just how good they can be when they pushed the Pistons to 6 last year.

I don't buy that for a second. Not one ****ing second. Arenas is a fantastic player, one of the few guys who can single handedly take over and win a game on his own. He in no way makes his teammates worse. What proof you could offer, I would like to see.

Wade may indeed be back, but they'll most likely have two rookies starting along with a huge ? at C. Does Zo come back? If he does cool, but hes not going to give you starters minutes over 82 games. Mark Blount, please, hes trash. Haslem would be destroyed at C. I just have a hard time seeing a lineup with two rookies and no real good option at C making the playoffs, no matter how good Wade and Marion are. Even if one of those rookies is Beasley. Could it happen, yes, but I'm not willing to believe it just yet.

you have alot of good thoughts
orlando, truthfully i dont really think jameer is a good enough guard but Hedo can move that ball and once it touches dwight he makes the right desicions, unguardable on the block and doesnt mind doing the dirty work .. mvp candidate and having a ball handeling SF like hedo takes alot of pressure off Jameer who doesnt really need to play like an all star

Bron Bron can take 4 piece of sshyt players and make a TEAM, I agree they havent found them selves but they dont need to, lebron is a power house that will complete a team, big Z and big Ben are good enough to keep a front court alive while lebron does his thing at the wing

sixers, look at what i posted above about brand, he is good im not taking anyhting away from him, and he will improve the sixers and it was a good pick up, be he isnt kobe or tim duncan or lebron who can just in the 4th say "okay pass me the ball and we will win" he is just Elton a great roll player

gilbert does make his team mates worse, he always wants to take that big shot and doesnt give up the rock .. he is a good shooter but too c*cky, needs to learn when to play off his team mates cuz jamison and bulter are borderline all stars .. gilbert takes too many opporunities from his team mates and i think that messes with their confidence, frankly they are a better team when he is in his aligator shoes

miami, now this is one team im not going to deny, everyone knows what Dwayne can do and how he can win, but their big man center position is in real trouble now, the reason i put them in 8th spot is because they will have a solid center when the season starts .. weather it be Alonzo or whoever, the GM will take care of that

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Horrible EC rankings, I didn't even bothering reading WC..

Iodine
08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I like

Mile High Champ
08-27-2008, 10:54 PM
You did a very good job but I really think the wizards finish no no higher than a 6th or 7th seed. They really did not improve much and with Arenas being back in the fold, I feel as if the team will be worse, they played much better without him, they played as one team....

I also think the 76ers end up the 5th seed. I feel as if Orlando will once again grab that number 2 seed and toronto will take the 4 seed. I feel Toronto has the advantage or Philly..

Good job

Sixerlover
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Brand just a role player? Hmm..

The rankings are okay because I've seen all types of 3-6 combinations and all of the teams are pretty equal. Washington might be a tad to high

Heathmalc
08-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Overall, I think you had a decent analysis of the Eastern Conference. That being said, I disagree with your rankings. So, I'll give mine, minus the analysis, since you pretty-much covered that - however, I'll add a short note to each team:

1.Boston - The defending champions always get top-billing! I think Posey's loss isn't as big a deal as some are saying; I think the real concern is how well Allen holds-up.

2.Cleveland - The Cavaliers have a lot of assets, and they have reported talks with no-less than 4 clubs about a trade that with bring-in another Center, and possibly a SG.

3. Detroit - I believe that the Pistons would probablt contend with this same group for another 2-3 years. However, they are getting smaller and older, and they are not going to contend for the regular-season win-title; they'll save it for the season that matters.

4. Philadelphia - This is where the rankings get a lot harder, as I have three teams that could be in this spot. That being said, I'm gonna chance-it and go with the fact that Andre Miller will play well again, as he'll be playing for a final payday. Dalembert may have a break-out year as-well.

5. Toronto - As stated above, hard to decide who to put here, but I'm gonna go with the Raptors and assume that Jermaine O'Neal can play 75% as well as he did 2 years ago. If he does that, and Calderon heals-up, and plays as-well as he did last year, then the Raptors could easily win home-court for the playoffs.

6. Orlando - The Magic are more stable than the two teams above them, but their upside is limited because they may have peaked, as-far as win-totals go. That being said, a 55-win season isn't hard to foresee for the Magic. I think that they'll be concentrating more on the post-season.

7. Washington - The annual one-and-done, perennial playoff team is back, and seemingly healthy. The Wiz could be a dark-horse, and get home-court advantage this year, and that'd be a good thing, as they wouldn't have to face James in the 1st round for the 4th consecutive year.

8. 6 contenders for this seed:

1.Chicago - Will likely rebound and have a good-enough record to make the playoffs.
2. Miami. - They have Big-Man problems and aren't sure about Chalmers starting the point, but Wade is back, and this team could even make it all-the way to the #4 or 5 seed.
3. Milwaukee - They just have way too much talent. They should be a lock to make the playoffs every year, but injuries and chemistry has caused problems. I think Skiles was the best thing to happen to the Bucks.
4. Indiana - Yeah, I know, a lot of people are scratching their head over this...but don't. O'Brien has this team playing well together. Despite injuries, they were in the playoff hunt all last year - and they have gotten better!
5. Charlotte - A team that many expected to make the post-season last year. If Charlotte starts bad, then I'd expect a pretty-quick dumping of Wallace & Felton.
6. Atlanta - Atlanta has some talent, but the chemistry isn't there. I think they'll stick-around in the discussion for the whole year, but one of the above 5 teams will end-up winning the last spot.

superkegger
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
You did a very good job but I really think the wizards finish no no higher than a 6th or 7th seed. They really did not improve much and with Arenas being back in the fold, I feel as if the team will be worse, they played much better without him, they played as one team....

I also think the 76ers end up the 5th seed. I feel as if Orlando will once again grab that number 2 seed and toronto will take the 4 seed. I feel Toronto has the advantage or Philly..

Good job

I really fail to understand why people think the Wizards were better without arenas. Yes, I do understand there was more team chemistry, they played well as a team, but Gil is one of the better players in the NBA and the best individual talent on that team. The best season they've had, before they got Caron and had Hughes they won 45 games, since then they've been in the that range, all seasons with 40+ wins, always about the same, never really better and never worse. And they've faired terribly in the playoffs without Arenas. They at least made it close with him (and probably should have won if not for two non called lebron travels) I'm not saying hands down they'll be the 4th seed, but I'm not a believer that the magic will continue to be as good as they were last year, they've also made basically 0 improvements except for pietrus, who isn't much better than Mo Evans or Dooling. Besides that, I'm not picking Washington to be the 4th best team, just that they'll win their division, probably with like 47 wins or so, and as a result of that, they'll be a top 4 seed since division winners get that.

RapsFan4Life
08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I really fail to understand why people think the Wizards were better without arenas. Yes, I do understand there was more team chemistry, they played well as a team, but Gil is one of the better players in the NBA and the best individual talent on that team. The best season they've had, before they got Caron and had Hughes they won 45 games, since then they've been in the that range, all seasons with 40+ wins, always about the same, never really better and never worse. And they've faired terribly in the playoffs without Arenas. They at least made it close with him (and probably should have won if not for two non called lebron travels) I'm not saying hands down they'll be the 4th seed, but I'm not a believer that the magic will continue to be as good as they were last year, they've also made basically 0 improvements except for pietrus, who isn't much better than Mo Evans or Dooling. Besides that, I'm not picking Washington to be the 4th best team, just that they'll win their division, probably with like 47 wins or so, and as a result of that, they'll be a top 4 seed since division winners get that.

Gilbert -the d*ck- Arenas

definetly the best talent on that team, definetly score at any given time, definetly has the clutch... BUT he is probably the worst team player who talkes shyt to all his team mates and the entire league for that matter, has a tough time turning away shots even if they are contested still wants to jack it up, gil also decsides the tempo of the game and how his team mates play as all PG's do, this is were the mistak comes in he is not a good decision maker doesnt care about his team as much as himself and his own stats or at least thats what shows, he needs to play a shooting guard and let someone else handle the rock .... that way the game play will be more consistant and other players will get their touches... gils team was able to function without him because it was pretty much a 4 man team with some other f*cker taking 50 shots a game, not that he isnt there it is a 5 man team and alot easier to coach

m26555
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I find it funny how you tout the Rockets as the best team in the league, yet you say that Washington shouldn't be that high because they haven't had homecourt in the playoffs, this even though Houston has had even LESS success in the postseason than the Wizards (at least Washington has won a playoff series...). Oh, and you think the reason Washington hasn't been able to be among the better teams in the East record-wise has something to do with the fact that their best players have been going down year in and year out?

m26555
08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I have no problem with Superkegger ranking Washington fourth. I don't think you people realize how deep and talented the Wizards really are. They could finish as high as number three in the East, in my opinion.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't see the Bulls being that low(12th) and Wizards that high(4th).

redwings1
08-30-2008, 10:23 AM
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Toronto
5. Orlando
6. Miami
7. Milwaukee
8. Chicago

m26555
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Toronto
5. Orlando
6. Miami
7. Milwaukee
8. Chicago
You're out of your mind if you don't think Washington is going to make the playoffs. And if Miami does in fact get in, they'll be no higher than a seventh seed...and that's stretching it.

Sixerlover
08-31-2008, 03:42 AM
Miami, Milwaukee, and Chicago over Philly and Wash?? hmm

Shieldsz
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Toronto
5. Orlando
6. Miami
7. Milwaukee
8. Chicago

Those are the worst rankings i have ever seen. Thanks for the laughs though...

PhillySportFan
08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
boston
detriot
raps>>JO/BOSH is killer
sixers>> you give them too much credit brand is undersized, good, but not superstarwizz>> arenas is one of the few pgs in the league who makes their team mates worse
heat>> [wade is back]

Are you f'in kidding me? Undersized? Allen Iverson is undersized, Chris Paul is undersized. Size is the most overrated thing in all of sports. It helps in certain situations but size does NOT make a player. So say Elton Brand was 6'10 he wouldn't be undersized then would he? No. 2 inches isn't really that big of a difference if your the better player. Elton Brand is 1 of 4 players in the NBA to average over there career 20 and 10, only other players are Kevin Garnett, Shaq, and Tim Duncan. Are you kidding me? He's undersized and your calling him essentially overrated. If Elton is only good then JO and Chris Bosh are average players. lol

x_notorious
08-31-2008, 06:03 PM
My Eastern Conference Rankings:

1. Boston--Obvious choice here, defending champs.

2. Pistons--76ers creeping up to this spot, but this team has the experience and defense to take the number 2 spot.

3. 76ers--Love the out look of this team and is a real contender IMO.

4. Raptors--Gotta love the front court duo they have [if they stay healthy]

5. Wizards--If the the trio can stay healthy, this is a deadly team.

6. Magic--Howard + Lewis + Turk = offense. What about the overall team defense?

7. Cavs--Honestly, can James get some help here? Sure he got Mo Williams who is a good scorer and overall passer but other then that, not much to look at. Big Z is getting slower by that minute and Ben Wallace isn't the Wallace of old. Not completely sold on this team being a higher seeded one. But they do have James but I doubt he can carry this to be a top tier one.

8. Hawks--Love this young team, absolutely fearless. Almost upset the Celtics in the playoffs. Major confidence booster.

On the bubble:

Heat--If Wade + Marion can stay healthy and Beasley live up the the hype, this team will move up.

Bramaca
08-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Good job on the rankings superkegger, I don't agree with all of them but a lot of thought put into it. I personally think the Pistons are going to have a drop off this year and may end up making some trades before the deadline. I think Cleveland will win that division and the Pistons, Bulls, and Bucks will fight it out for second with one or two of them making the playoffs.

Also, I could see the south being a dogfight between Washington, Orlando, and Atlanta. The East should definetly be more entertaining this year.

cmstophe
09-03-2008, 05:18 PM
The Cavaliers will not fall past the 4th seed. In fact, I can see them grabbing the 2 seed behind Boston. This team is underrated year in and year out and once again, last year, they gave the Celtics their most competitive series and proved to be the 2nd best team in the East when everyone doubted them.

I think the Cavaliers are vastly underrated. Pretty lame. And all they did this offseason was get better.

I follow mostly the West much moreso than the East but that's my analysis.

SeoulBeatz
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Toronto
5. Orlando
6. Miami
7. Milwaukee
8. Chicago

man do u even watch basketball?

probably the worst rankings ive ever seen on PSD, ever.

IndyRealist
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I more or less like the rankings, and you have well thought out reason for each decision.

I do have Cleveland as the #2 team in the East though. They always do well behind Lebron, and they finally have a real PG. They will easily win their division and be garuanteed a top 4 spot.

Atlanta will be much lower. They're still having a crisis of leadership off the court and I never thought Bibby was the answer to their problems.

I like Toronto's deal for O'Neal better than I do Philly's deal for Brand. The Raptors solved both of their major problems with one trade: They cleared up the infighting at point guard, which directly led to their underperformance in the playoffs, and they got a big defensive body to take punishment off of Chris Bosh, all while losing nothing of real value to them. Brand shores up their inside scoring, but I fear that he will get in the way of Igoudala and Miller by clogging up the paint while looking to post up. And he does not solve their desparate need for outside shooting. I know they picked up Kareem Rush, but he is extremely streaky and needs regular touches to be consistent, something you don't get off the bench 10-12 minutes a game. Otherwise he is a below average NBA player.

I think Washington's a big question mark. They spend $170 million to stay exactly where they were a few years ago. If they play exactly how they did last year, defense first and running the break second, and add in Arenas without messing that up, then I can see this team making a run at top 2 in the East. They match up well against the Celtics, Pistons, and other less athletic teams. But it could also go horribly wrong.

Indiana was battling for a playoff spot last year, and that was without a productive PF or PG. They have since traded their PF and replaced their PG. They added two solid rookies through the draft, and I don't see how they could end up in worse position than they were last year. None of the teams worse than them are going to do any better with the exception of Chicago and maybe Miami. I've never been sold on starting rookie PG's besides Magic Johnson.

Boston
Cleveland
Detriot
Philadelphia
Toronto
Orlando
Washington
Chicago
-----------
Indiana
Atlanta
Charlotte
Miami
Milwaukee
New Jersey
New York

Manifesto32
09-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I have a odd feeling that Miami isnt going to be a sleeper heading towards the playoffs.