PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Olympic Roster

showtym24
08-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Now that we are home with the gold and 08 beijing is history what do you think the 2012 roster will look like? Here's mine

pg-paul,williams,rose
sg-kobe (said he wants to come back), wade,roy
sf-lebron,durant, beasly
pf-bosh,boozer
C- bynum,howard,oden

Catfish1314
08-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Kobe will be 33 and 34 by the time the next games roll around. Regardless of whether or not he WANTS to come back, I'm not sure what he'll be like four years from now. My take:

C-Dwight Howard/Greg Oden
PF-Chris Bosh/LaMarcus Aldridge
SF-LeBron James/Kevin Durant
SG-Dwayne Wade/Brandon Roy/Kevin Martin
PG-Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Derrick Rose

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263486
And if Kobe comes back he will be backing up Wade

SHONIE
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
No Melo?

showtym24
08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263486
And if Kobe comes back he will be backing up Wade

LOL never:smoking:

roo3flash
08-26-2008, 05:04 PM
based on how it went this year the team should have a similar roster so to me it would be but i dont think oden will be ready for the us team by then
C-D12/oden
Pf-Carmello/BOSH
Sf-Lebron/roy/durant
Sg-Wade/mayo/martin
PG-Cp3/Dwill

PhxGiant
08-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Kobe will be 33 and 34 by the time the next games roll around. Regardless of whether or not he WANTS to come back, I'm not sure what he'll be like four years from now. My take:

C-Dwight Howard/Greg Oden
PF-Chris Bosh/LaMarcus Aldridge
SF-LeBron James/Kevin Durant
SG-Dwayne Wade/Brandon Roy/Kevin Martin
PG-Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Derrick Rose

Yeah i like that roster, but i'd add Amare to it.

phils07
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
FIBA is changing their rules to make the game more like the nba. The lane is going to be rectangular and the 3 point line is going to be moved back. thus, i think we should bring 3 legit big men over for 2012. the roster should be sculpted for the 2010 worlds.

PG - Paul/Deron/rose(i dont think we need rose personally. 2 PGs and other capable ball handlers are enough)
SG - kevin martin/Roy/Iguodala/Rudy Gay(SG is a position that can be filled by any number of our insanely good wing players)
SF - Lebron/Melo/Durant
PF - Bosh/Aldridge/Amare(amare may or may not play because of his knees. he might want to get a gold by that time.)
C - Howard/Oden/Bynum

thats 16 players. the max is 12. This list is pending upon development and health and desire to play. who knows what will happen by then. but i think williams, paul, howard, bosh, and melo are going to definitely play.

as far as beasley is concerned, hes gona be really good but hes such a goof. i dont know if he'll even want to play.

ColdSoul
08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
I can see Rodney Stuckey comin off the bench

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
FIBA is changing their rules to make the game more like the nba. The lane is going to be rectangular and the 3 point line is going to be moved back. thus, i think we should bring 3 legit big men over for 2012. the roster should be sculpted for the 2010 worlds.

PG - Paul/Deron/rose(i dont think we need rose personally. 2 PGs and other capable ball handlers are enough)
SG - kevin martin/Roy/Iguodala/Rudy Gay(SG is a position that can be filled by any number of our insanely good wing players)
SF - Lebron/Melo/Durant
PF - Bosh/Aldridge/Amare(amare may or may not play because of his knees. he might want to get a gold by that time.)
C - Howard/Oden/Bynum

thats 16 players. the max is 12. This list is pending upon development and health and desire to play. who knows what will happen by then. but i think williams, paul, howard, bosh, and melo are going to definitely play.

as far as beasley is concerned, hes gona be really good but hes such a goof. i dont know if he'll even want to play.
No Wade?

so you rather start a 34 year old
than a 29-30 year old? that's consider top 3 when healthy

showtym24
08-26-2008, 05:23 PM
No Wade?

good chance he'll be hurt:D

Kenny
08-26-2008, 05:24 PM
7 of the 12 guys I think are locks to come back from this years team.

Lebron, Paul, Williams, Howard, Wade, Bosh, Melo.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
34 year old kobe anyday over 30 year old wade, he will be so beat up by then

ugafan
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
No Wade?

so you rather start a 34 year old
than a 29-30 year old? that's consider top 3 when healthy

Uber stupidness

Lets start a random 25 year old on PSD over Kobe in 4 years because he's younger. :pity:

DreamShaker
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Who knows??

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Uber stupidness

Lets start a random 25 year old on PSD over Kobe in 4 years because he's younger. :pity:

so your saying Kobe will be playing the same way he is right now in 4 years?

roo3flash
08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah i like that roster, but i'd add Amare to it.

i dont think amare would be good cause he dosent really have any post moves and isnt as dominant without steve nash i think

fredv
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Hahahah

This is like the same repost in 2 days.

This thread was posted 2 days ago, and another i d i o t also did the same error.

FAIL!

http://dennisjudd.com/albums/funpics/repost.jpg

showtym24
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Uber stupidness

lol yea i should be the starting sg in 2012 i'll be only 24 then.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM

U think wade will lol

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 05:40 PM
U think wade will lol

Yes i do believe in 4 years wade will be playing the same
He will improve his shooting and drive less to the basket which means less chance of getting injured, but you will just laugh at this because of course your a lakers fan:rolleyes: :pity:

showtym24
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes i do believe in 4 years wade will be playing the same
He will improve his shooting and drive less to the basket which means less chance of getting injured, but you will just laugh at this because of course your a lakers fan:rolleyes: :pity:

we'll see, if he cant he do it he'll be on trouble he's injury prone

showtym24
08-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Kobe will be just as dominant 4 years from now he doesnt trow his body into people in the paint 20 times a game. He's the best perimeter player in the world now and will be then.

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Kobe will be just as dominant 4 years from now he doesnt trow his body into people in the paint 20 times a game. He's the best perimeter player in the world now and will be then.

okay you believe that :clap:;)

ugafan
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM

Maybe not, but he will still be better than Wade.

CowboysKB24
08-26-2008, 05:54 PM
This is an impossible question to answer.

*Jordan won championships at 34 - why can't Kobe?

showtym24
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM

exactly and kobe is smart he hardly ever gets hurt seriously. And when he does get hurt he plays threw it, and doesnt cry on wheelechair

fredv
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM

Because MJ > Kobe

showtym24
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Because MJ > Kobe

LOL jordan is the greatest but god damn everyone in here overates the hell out of him its crazy. Look at the talent he played against compared to now not even close malone, payton, stockton..... think about it kobe would of destroyed them too.

Kenny
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
LOL jordan is the greatest but god damn everyone in here overates the hell out of him its crazy. Look at the talent he played against compared to now not even close malone, payton, stockton..... think about it kobe would of destroyed them too.

sorry Jordan doesnt play like Kobe did in the finals.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
sorry Jordan doesnt play like Kobe did in the finals.

lol never said he did but the lakers last year would of beat any of the teams jordan beat in the finals

phils07
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
given the track record of aging in general, he probably wont be the same damn player. thats a stupid notion. MJ in 88 was better than he was in 96. and saying MJ was overrated is just dumb. MJ played against great talent. he had good teams, but he was the consummate destroyer. i agree that the TALENT level is higher now, but thats just talent. if all of these young players reach their potential that their talent indicates, then i would say the talent and competition levels have never been higher. but by that time, kobe may or may not be the same player. lets hope he is. i fear he wont win one without a dominant big man. bynum is returning so thats out the window. we'll see how kobe performs. he may not even reach the finals ever again because of the Trailblazers and Hornets.

age matters whether u think so or not. if hes still money, then fine. but if not, time for the new age to take over.

as far as wade goes, it is completely contingent upon his health. hell be 30 years old in that olympics, but hopefully he will not have lost any of that quickness or explosiveness or kneeness or shoulderness.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
given the track record of aging in general, he probably wont be the same damn player. thats a stupid notion. MJ in 88 was better than he was in 96. and saying MJ was overrated is just dumb. MJ played against great talent. he had good teams, but he was the consummate destroyer. i agree that the TALENT level is higher now, but thats just talent. if all of these young players reach their potential that their talent indicates, then i would say the talent and competition levels have never been higher. but by that time, kobe may or may not be the same player. lets hope he is. i fear he wont win one without a dominant big man. bynum is returning so thats out the window. we'll see how kobe performs. he may not even reach the finals ever again because of the Trailblazers and Hornets.

age matters whether u think so or not. if hes still money, then fine. but if not, time for the new age to take over.

as far as wade goes, it is completely contingent upon his health. hell be 30 years old in that olympics, but hopefully he will not have lost any of that quickness or explosiveness or kneeness or shoulderness.

i never said he was overrated i said that people in PSD overrate the hell out of him like he god. Oh and kobe will get his dont worry spurs are too old, blazers and hornets too young and the Cs are old as dirt and they wont be as hungry kobe= 6 rings just my opinon tho.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:03 PM

in 4 years, bet on it. Kobe will be over his prime. He will have played 14 seasons by then, and Wade will be in his prime. Sorry, Kobe will have to back up someone then.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
lol yea i should be the starting sg in 2012 i'll be only 24 then.

that explains your understanding of basketball. Quit being a homer, and recognize that players like Kobe, who rely on athletic ability to create seperation, will not be the same at 32. Look at Ray Allen this year. Really good? Yes, like he was in 2004? Hell no. And no, Allen in his prime wasn't quite Kobe, but there isn't much of a dropoff. Wade will be what, 28-29? He will be better if healthy.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:08 PM

4 years is a long time. His athletic ability won't be the same. At all. Not with as many games he will have played by then. Sorry, Kobe is in his prime NOW, which means he will not get better, only worse. That isn't a critcism, that is what happens to everyone. Sorry.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
lol never said he did but the lakers last year would of beat any of the teams jordan beat in the finals

you said yourself you are 20. You don't know anything about Michael Jordan except what you saw in videos. You were 10 the last time he won a title. You have zero idea what you are talking about. He beat Magic/Worthy and the Lakers, he beat Stockton/Malone and the Jazz. He beat everyone, didn't matter. And he didn't need a 7'1", 350 center in his prime to do it. Your hero will never compare to Michael Jordan. At all.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:11 PM
4 years is a long time. His athletic ability won't be the same. At all. Not with as many games he will have played by then. Sorry, Kobe is in his prime NOW, which means he will not get better, only worse. That isn't a critcism, that is what happens to everyone. Sorry.

I garantee u in 4 yrs kobe will be better, have more jewelry, and be more healthy than wade. And never compare ray allen to kobe.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:13 PM

The talent level may be higher, but the Bulls 72 win team, or the 86' Celtics, would both have smashed the Celtics from this year, so there are many exceptions. With the expansion teams in the late 80's, and 90's, the league became more watered down, basically, the talent spread more. When you won in 1984, you just beat a team with multiple badasses. Not today. Name one player outside Kobe that is a badass on the Lakers?

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
you said yourself you are 20. You don't know anything about Michael Jordan except what you saw in videos. You were 10 the last time he won a title. You have zero idea what you are talking about. He beat Magic/Worthy and the Lakers, he beat Stockton/Malone and the Jazz. He beat everyone, didn't matter. And he didn't need a 7'1", 350 center in his prime to do it. Your hero will never compare to Michael Jordan. At all.

They were past there prime, believe me if they werent we woulda handled them. And stockton and malone were great but dont kid ur self there team would be **** too the spurs, celtics, pistons.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
I garantee u in 4 yrs kobe will be better, have more jewelry, and be more healthy than wade. And never compare ray allen to kobe.

You guarantee? Nice. Listen kid, you are a brainwashed Laker fan in love with Kobe Bryant, your hero that demanded a trade 14 months ago, called his 21 year old center out, and fell apart in the finals 3 months ago. He isn't even the best player in the NBA today. MVP goes to a player from a top 2-3 team. Hence, Kobe. No doubt he is a superb talent, but please, 3 years ago, any expert would have taken Wade over Kobe. 32 is a whole lot different that 28. You wouldn't know that.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
The talent level may be higher, but the Bulls 72 win team, or the 86' Celtics, would both have smashed the Celtics from this year, so there are many exceptions. With the expansion teams in the late 80's, and 90's, the league became more watered down, basically, the talent spread more. When you won in 1984, you just beat a team with multiple badasses. Not today. Name one player outside Kobe that is a badass on the Lakers?

Sasha

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
They were past there prime, believe me if they werent we woulda handled them. And stockton and malone were great but dont kid ur self there team would be **** too the spurs, celtics, pistons.

you were like 4 in 1991, how would you know? If you want to get into a basketball argument, you will get buried.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:17 PM
You guarantee? Nice. Listen kid, you are a brainwashed Laker fan in love with Kobe Bryant, your hero that demanded a trade 14 months ago, called his 21 year old center out, and fell apart in the finals 3 months ago. He isn't even the best player in the NBA today. MVP goes to a player from a top 2-3 team. Hence, Kobe. No doubt he is a superb talent, but please, 3 years ago, any expert would have taken Wade over Kobe. 32 is a whole lot different that 28. You wouldn't know that.

u lose sorry just on that statement

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:19 PM
you were like 4 in 1991, how would you know? If you want to get into a basketball argument, you will get buried.

sorry gonna tell me magic and worthy were in their prime in 91 dude.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
u lose sorry just on that statement

This isn't win or lose. Any GM in the league would take LeBron over Kobe today. He is better. And Sasha is your other stud??? Wow. You know, there are 29 other teams in the NBA. Not sure if you knew that. And if Kobe is gonna win 3 more rings, they better go back in time and grab Shaq.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
This isn't win or lose. Any GM in the league would take LeBron over Kobe today. He is better. And Sasha is your other stud??? Wow. You know, there are 29 other teams in the NBA. Not sure if you knew that. And if Kobe is gonna win 3 more rings, they better go back in time and grab Shaq.

i was kidding bout sasha u said badass not stud. And iam a dumbass for saying kobe will win 3 rings before he retires ok

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:23 PM

in the long run yea but now no way

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
i was kidding bout sasha u said badass not stud. And iam a dumbass for saying kobe will win 3 rings before he retires ok

I don't think many would want to get trapped in a dark alley with Sasha, he seems like a spazz. Sorry, didnt' mean to blow up on you, but the whole Kobe/MJ thing kills me. The comparisons are ridiculous. Kobe is a great player, a top 15 player ever. But you are talking Michael Jordan. The Best ever. C'mon.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't think many would want to get trapped in a dark alley with Sasha, he seems like a spazz. Sorry, didnt' mean to blow up on you, but the whole Kobe/MJ thing kills me. The comparisons are ridiculous. Kobe is a great player, a top 15 player ever. But you are talking Michael Jordan. The Best ever. C'mon.

Never said kobe was better, but he has a chance too be

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
And kobe will never back up anyone just to say that is insane.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Never said kobe was better, but he has a chance too be

I just disagree. He doesn't have that same clutch ability, and on top of that, with him starting so early, his decline will start earlier. I am not sure you know how much playing 82 games, and then playoffs every single year kills your body over 10-14 years. Kobe will not be the same player at 32 that Jordan was, because he will have played around 450 more games at that age. But if miraculously, Kobe wins 3 rings, and is the clear best player on his team at that time, then yes, I agree. The chances of that happening? About 2%. He just missed a huge opportunity. The Hornets and Rockets, along with SA, are itching for it.

Iodine
08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Kobe bryant is not god I am sorry
can we lock this thread before this becomes another

KOBE CANT GET OLD WHO WILL I JACK OFF TO IF HE DOES thread

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
And kobe will never back up anyone just to say that is insane.

you would be surprised. Do you think Wade fans ever thought he would? Kobe is a pro, and if he really wants to play in 2012, he will take any role they want, whether that is the lead man, or a 6-7th man.

Iodine
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Kobe was at one point a backup also

BADizzleBoY
08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Now that we are home with the gold and 08 beijing is history what do you think the 2012 roster will look like? Here's mine

pg-paul,williams,rose
sg-kobe (said he wants to come back), wade,roy
sf-lebron,durant, beasly
pf-bosh,boozer
C- bynum,howard,oden

Iguodala is going to be in it, he went to qualifying two years, which means he will be playing in london.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
sorry dont agree at all time will tell though

showtym24
08-26-2008, 07:39 PM
moses malone came out of highschool he didnt slow till he was 37.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 07:57 PM
moses malone came out of highschool he didnt slow till he was 37.

well, being enormous and strong don't decline like jumping and quickness. And he was 35 really. But big guys, if they avoid injury, can stay effective. He never lived off 20 footer. Plus, you are talking about an freak of nature. Even Jordan couldn't have played that long. Look at Kareem, or Parish. Centers can last longer if they are monsters.

showtym24
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
so ur saying kobe's gonna be done by 34 sorry but ur and idiot put a poll up and you'll see. iam done arguing

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 08:21 PM
so ur saying kobe's gonna be done by 34 sorry but ur and idiot put a poll up and you'll see. iam done arguing

he won't be a top 5 player at 34, hell no. that is called getting older. don't call me an idiot, i have been following bball since 3 years before you were born, and I look at the whole league, not just my god and his apprentices.

fins08
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I made the same thread and so did ano9ther guy.

dre1990
08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
I think every one is all ready over excited for the 2012 olympics. they just ended. we should predict the 2010 fiba championship roster not the 2012 olympics

uptownfan
08-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Melo should be on the team. He said himself he wants to comeback, not to mention the experience he would bring to the team

njnets
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
well i might have posted it but i dont feel like looking lol heres my team:

paul/williams
wade/johnson/kmart
lebron/anthony/AI
bosh/jefferson
howard/amare

AI is so underated. great D team here. they did not have enough bigs this year and got away with it. maybe another PG is needed idk. what you guys think?