PDA

View Full Version : Name a Great Decision and Bad Decision your team/franchise has made?

JordansBulls
08-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Name a Great Decision and Bad Decision your team/franchise has made?

This could be signing someone or not signining someone, trading for a player, not going after a player when they could have. A bad play by a player in a critical moment, etc.

Just name something great that happened and then something bad as well.

nBaLivEchamP
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
lakers:

bad decision............trading for kwame brown =(

great decision..........trading kwame brown =)

pwest6
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Good: Trading Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis

Bad: Trading Artest for Peja and letting him walk

23LBJCleBrowns
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Good: GETTING LEBRON

Bad: Letting go Andre Miller, Kevin Johnson, jason kapona, and Carlos Boozer. (all different years)

knowledgeGOD
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
raptors made a lot of bad decisions...
first round first pick 2006 andrea bargnani?! over rudy gay and brandon roy?!
in the past years we had some bad draft picks except for bosh
letting vince carter go and getting completely nothing for it.

a bad play in a critical moment.. would have to be 2001 sixers vs raptors eastern conference semi finals.. when vince carter missed that shot within 2 seconds left.. it still hurts me to this day.. and i still wonder why would he take a 3

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Timberwolves

Good: Drafted KG in 1995

Bad: Pretty much everything else from 1989-2007. If I had to pick one, the Joe Smith fiasco

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Good: Trading Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis

Bad: Trading Artest for Peja and letting him walk

I dunno, in today's NBA they traded Artest for a 9M expiring contract, which was pretty good for a player widely considered untradeable. And after seeing the results in Sacramento, I can't say the trade helped them at all.

Pacers
Good: Drafting Reggie Miller over hometown favorite Steve Alford.
Bad: The Brawl.

mrblisterdundee
08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Taking Sam Bowie instead of Hakeem Olajuwan or Michael Jordan was easily the worst decision ever made by the Blazers. The after affect of that brain fart will always be felt.
One very bad trade that is often forgotten was when the Blazers Jermaine O'neal for "Stale" Dale Davis. They gave up a future all-star center/power forward for total crap. O'neal wasn't even allowed decent minutes to develop his skills. Indiana, on the other hand, gave him the time and got their franchise player for over half a decade.

thesparky33
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Timberwolves

Good: Trading KG (obviously it would be getting KG, but I wanted the 2nd best)

Bad: Paying Joe Smith under the table, and thus ruining any chance to build a legit contender with KG...

ATX
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Bad decision: Off the top of my head...Heat signing Smush Parker. :puke:

To Pat's credit, at least he kicked him to the curb early on, although we're paying his salary this year for nothing.

Good decision: Drafting Beasley and trading up for Chalmers. :clap:

LAKERMANIA
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Bad idea for the Lakers: Trading Caron for Kwame, Signing smush parker

Good idea for the Lakers: Trading Kwame for Pau :)

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Bad decision: Off the top of my head...Heat signing Smush Parker. :puke:

To Pat's credit, at least he kicked him to the curb early on, although we're paying his salary this year for nothing.

Good decision: Drafting Beasley and trading up for Chalmers. :clap:

:clap: :clap: and also a bad move getting Mark Blount :mad:

ShaunRiching9
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Raptors

Good decision: Drafting Bosh

Bad Decision: Drafting Carter

sacgiants1213
08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
kings

good: trading peja for artest and trading jason williams for bibby

bad: firing adelman and letting gerald wallace go

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Taking Sam Bowie instead of Hakeem Olajuwan or Michael Jordan was easily the worst decision ever made by the Blazers. The after affect of that brain fart will always be felt.
One very bad trade that is often forgotten was when the Blazers Jermaine O'neal for "Stale" Dale Davis. They gave up a future all-star center/power forward for total crap. O'neal wasn't even allowed decent minutes to develop his skills. Indiana, on the other hand, gave him the time and got their franchise player for over half a decade.

I'm fairly certain taking Sam Bowie #1 qualifies as one of the worst decisions by any team, ever. Kwame Brown over Pau Gaol, Jason Richardson, Shane Battier, Joe Johnson, and Richard Jefferson is up there too. How about Michael Olowakandi over Mike Bibby, Antwan Jamison, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, and Paul Pierce?

I don't know if the JO for DD trade was that bad for Portland. They got exactly what they wanted, a tough, dirty, hard-nosed player who could defend Shaq. They were looking to win right then, right there and couldn't get Jermaine playing time Rasheed Wallace and Sabonis ahead of him. The difference between a third-string player and an all-star is often being in the right situation.

roo3flash
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
GOOD-getting shaq nd win then giving him up

BAD-giving up all our perimiter shooters...james posey,jason kapono, antoine walker, picking up ricky davis

ink
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Raptors

Good decision: Drafting Bosh

Bad Decision: Drafting Carter

Definitely agree that drafting Bosh was the best decision. Bosh is turning out to be a great leader.

Good decision: drafting Bosh, hiring Colangelo ... tie.

Bad Decision: allowing Carter to have so much say in team decisions. IMO that's what led to his demise in Toronto. We needed leadership from the GM, not advice from a moping superstar.