PDA

View Full Version : aubrey huff

bossup2
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
this guy cleared waivers and is having a great year the tigers tried to get ibanez but it fell through maybe we can get huff for this year and have him in LF for next year

JackB
08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Huff was a right fielder and third baseman when he came up. Top prospect but the last couple of years he hasn't done much. Many gave up on him. Hes a left handed bat that hits for a decent average. I like Huff. Hes still young enough but chances are he will want more then the Tigers would be willing to pay. I can't see spending a bunch on him with really only one big year . Look what happened to the Mariners with Adrian Beltre and his ONE big year. No solid proven history other than not so good years.I agree to take a shot at him IF the price is right BUT not to go over board.

mark1125
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
this guy cleared waivers and is having a great year the tigers tried to get ibanez but it fell through maybe we can get huff for this year and have him in LF for next year

Not a fan. This year may be a fluke. He can't play good defense. We really don't need offense. We need guys that can run, bunt, make good contact. Huff normally misses on all 3.

bossup2
08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
we could get him to play 3rd cause we all know guillen wont be with us next season

brandonwarne52
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Huff was a right fielder and third baseman when he came up. Top prospect but the last couple of years he hasn't done much. Many gave up on him. Hes a left handed bat that hits for a decent average. I like Huff. Hes still young enough but chances are he will want more then the Tigers would be willing to pay. I can't see spending a bunch on him with really only one big year . Look what happened to the Mariners with Adrian Beltre and his ONE big year. No solid proven history other than not so good years.I agree to take a shot at him IF the price is right BUT not to go over board.

This entire paragraph sounds made up, and pretty much is.

stanpapi
08-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Not a fan. This year may be a fluke. He can't play good defense. We really don't need offense. We need guys that can run, bunt, make good contact. Huff normally misses on all 3.

He'd be a nice piece to ad if we were a fast team in need of some pop. We've got guys who more or less do what he does.

JackB
08-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Brandonwarnes There is nothing made up about my statement. Prove me wrong. !!!! Sorry but what I said about Huff is all true.

brandonwarne52
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
"Last couple years he hasn't done much"

140 OPS+ this year, career 116 OPS+ and .286/.344/.482 line.

"No solid proven history other than not so good years."

See above.

"Hes a left handed bat that hits for a decent average."

Seems to go against what else you say. Has a good average (which doesn't me jack-**** to me), but also walks and gets plenty of XBH.

JackB
08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok I will concede he did have a couple of good years back to back in 02-03 > He has had some injuries and this is his best season in 5 years.He also had a couple of years were he didn't do that well. But hes also not a kid anymore. Players don't tend to get better with age. He will be 32 this year. He is also making some pretty good change which leads me to think he'll want at least a 3 year deal.If he were 28-29 or maybe even 30 I would say lets take a good look at making a deal. Players are in better shape and do play longer but this is one player I think we avoid unless we can get him for a year or two at a reasonable price. Stand corrected on part of my statement. Nice job !!

Bondomania
08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
i feel like we need to get younger.. not add another slow older guy. Joyce has prooven to me that he can play everyday at this level, and i think aside from an utter disappointment in spring training, he will be our everyday LF, although scouting reports have said he is more of a natural RF.