PDA

View Full Version : Should Ncaa players?

Hellcrooner
08-26-2008, 03:16 AM
THat thread by Savage claw, got me thinking.....

THere IS a risk all the young talnets in HS start migrating to europe to avoid the Age limit that stenr cam up with and to EARN money to supprot their familys .

Would it be good tha tNCAA players got paid?

Kisten im not talking being offered salarys ad competing for the players, because that woudl lead to unfairnes and the Universitys with better investros woudl always win and destroy smaller ones like dujke.

im talking a Plane rate for ALL the players.

All the Players in NCAA get paid, i dont know like, 3000 Dollars a Month for example.

This way they can " feed" their familys and dont need to go abroad.

dick butane
08-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Yes... The NCAA should pay if not outright provide more for their players than they do. A percentage of ticket sales and TV deals should go into a fund that doles out salary and starts retirement accounts for players. We are talking about a business that brings in BILLIONS of dollars a year that doesn't pay it's workers. It would be nice if the kid who falls just short of his NBA dreams walks away from college with a degree AND his fair share of the proceeds of his work.

DreamShaker
08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Well this is an interesting debate on many levels...first of all....the NCAA would likely say that they are indeed getting paid by means of a full ride scholarship and education in return for them playing basketball....but let's be realistic....most of these guys are gonna play for a year and then bolt....colleges are PIMPING these guys in order to make money for thier schools....thier coaches are geting paid millions of dollars a year and the players get nadda....is this fair? Depends on your moral stance on the issue. I personally think they should at least get SOMETHING...

PhxGiant
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Hmm this is a tough one, and you can argue both sides. Bottom line is, these kids (especially the ones from the tougher areas, and the ones that have struggling families) will go for the money.