PDA

View Full Version : Team California vs Team Texas 2008/09 edition

sp1derm00
08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
With pretty significant moves this off season for teams in both states (CAmby and Artest) and pretty significant moves during the season (Kidd and Pau). What would each of your respective teams be and who do you think would win? 12 man roster.

Team California:

Baron Davis / Monta Ellis
Kobe / Kevin Martin
Stephen Jackson / Maggette / Al Harrington
Pau Gasol / Lamar Odom
Bynum / Camby / Kaman

Team Texas:

Jason Kidd / Tony Parker / Jason Terry
Tmac / Ginobili
Artest / Howard / Battier
Duncan / Dirk
Yao / Dampier

Team Texas looks VERY strong on paper, but Team California looks a lot more versatile. Monta can play both guard positions. Kobe, Maggette, and Stephen Jackson are all swingmen. Al Harrington and LO can play both SF and PF, and Pau can alternate between PF and C. There isn't as much versatility amongst the Texans, but overall, they are the better team.

Who do you think would win?

blackjack_119
08-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Team Texas would destroy team California. Yao, Duncan and Dirk are enough to win. Add in Battier and Artest to guard Kobe and it wouldn't even be close.

marvILLous
08-26-2008, 01:54 AM
you forgot ricky davis for team cali

:D

Reezy
08-26-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm still going to say Team Florida. :D

LAKERS 24/7
08-26-2008, 02:00 AM
If this was a series, team texas would win. But if it was one game, I'd have to go with cali because of the kobe factor. You just never know with this guy.

cmellofan15
08-26-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm still going to say Team Florida. :D

PG: D-Wade
SG: Pietrus?
SF: Marion
PF: Beasley
C: D12

Mmmmm... I don't know???

stawka
08-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Texas has a better everything except Center position only coz Cali has 3 while Texas has 1 lol

Reezy
08-26-2008, 02:31 AM
PG: D-Wade
SG: Pietrus?
PF: Beasley
C: D12

Mmmmm... I don't know???

It'd probably be:

PG: Nelson
SG: Wade
PF: Rashard
C: Dwight

I might put Beasley on there, but I need to see him play some regular season NBA games first.

barreleffact
08-26-2008, 02:40 AM
umm...this is basically thye lakers vs a state. and id still take the lakers on paper.....its becoming a guards game, and their guards are better. the bigs all score and rebound about the same, but the edge would be to texas, but neither sf seems to b much of a n elite scoring threat. id take cali because they can score more. texas can def defend better tho.

lakersrock
08-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Baron > TP - I'd much rather have the defensive, shooting, posting up PG.

Kobe > TMac - No contest.

Maggette < Artest - At least Maggette goes hard to the hole and could possibly get Artest/Battier in foul trouble.

Gasol < Duncan - That said, Gasol defends his jumper pretty well with his length.

Kaman > Yao - Yao is the better player, but Kaman matches up against him great. Last year he smoked Yao with 22/13 vs Yao's 14/8.

Benches
KMart/SJax/Bynum/Odom/Camby/Ellis/Biedrins

Manu/Battier/Dirk/Howard/Terry/Alston

I know which bench I'd take too. Bynum/Odom/Camby would absolutely destroy Texas in the post. That's where the game would be won also. You can't honestly think Duncan/Dirk/Yao/Scola/Dampier/Etc could stop Gasol/Odom/Kaman/Camby/Bynum/Biedrins. They would ground and pound Texas all game.

BoSelecta!!!
08-26-2008, 02:54 AM

Maggette < Artest - At least Maggette goes hard to the hole and could possibly get Artest/Battier in foul trouble.

Gasol < Duncan - That said, Gasol defends his jumper pretty well with his length.

Kaman > Yao - Yao is the better player, but Kaman matches up against him great. Last year he smoked Yao with 22/13 vs Yao's 14/8.

Benches

I know which bench I'd take too. Bynum/Odom/Camby would absolutely destroy Texas in the post. That's where the game would be won also. You can't honestly think Duncan/Dirk/Yao/Scola/Dampier/Etc could stop Gasol/Odom/Kaman/Camby/Bynum/Biedrins. They would ground and pound Texas all game.

looooooooool you only saw that one game didnt you? how many times did Yao smoke Kaman......:eyebrow:

chadtx01
08-26-2008, 03:02 AM

Benches

Wow....homer much?

stawka
08-26-2008, 03:03 AM
I just cant believe I saw someone saw Kaman is better than Yao. LOL

Dwight Howard and Yao are close by I gotta go with Dwight, but Kaman over Yao? WOW!!!
Artest straightup >> Maggette and Duncan ****'s down Gasol's throat. The only positions team-Cali is better is the C position, only because they have 3 while Texas has 1.

T-Mac/Ginobili is just as good as Kobe/K-Mart. 1 on 1 Kobe is better then both, but T-Mac and Ginobili are both better then K-Mart

horry1ur
08-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Team USA pwns both /thread :D

Kings Faithful
08-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Texas has a better everything except Center position only coz Cali has 3 while Texas has 1 lol

You think Tmac/Manu is better than Kobe/Martin???

stawka
08-26-2008, 04:07 AM
Kobe>T-Mac
Kobe>Manu
T-Mac>K-Mart
Manu>K-Mart

I didn't say they're better. And take it easy man. K-Mart's had 1 good season, quit acting like he's had 10 great season's and when someone bad-mouth's him you get upset.

airborne_06
08-26-2008, 04:14 AM
team texas will sweep team california in their best of sevens eries... 4-0..
artest and battier will defend kobe too much..

sp1derm00
08-26-2008, 05:51 AM
If you're Team California, you're gonna run against Team Texas as long as they're flooring Duncan and Yao... Pau and Bynum would beat them down the floor every time.

Team California also has the ability to floor a lot more people to force mismatches or to match up because of its versatility.

The emergence of Pau and Bynum this season makes this debate a lot hotter than it was last year, which was pretty black and white (Texas would dominate)... but I think this season, it would be a very close game between the two.

S.J.Basketball
08-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Going with Texas on this one although i think it'd be alot closer than what people think....

bigmac8675
08-26-2008, 06:10 AM
PG goes to CA
(B Diddy and Ellis will run Kidd, Parker, and Terry out of the building)

SG goes to CA
(Kobe.... enough said)

SF goes to TX
(Artest, Howard, and Battier will lock down Maggette and Jackson for the most part)

PF goes to TX
(Duncan and Dirk > Gasol and Odom)

C goes to CA
(depth wins here. TX has nothing after Yao, while CA has Bynum, Beidrins, and Kaman.)

But in the end I think CA wins 102-96.

Verbal Christ
08-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Kaman better than Yao, based on one game??? That is downright laughable, you should drop and give me 50 for that one.

Joshtd1
08-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Would take Texas here.

_Sn1P3r_
08-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Too much D for Texas. I'd take them on a buzzer beater by T-Mac.

sixers247
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Texas for the win.

fresh prince
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I just cant believe I saw someone saw Kaman is better than Yao. LOL

Dwight Howard and Yao are close by I gotta go with Dwight, but Kaman over Yao? WOW!!!
Artest straightup >> Maggette and Duncan ****'s down Gasol's throat. The only positions team-Cali is better is the C position, only because they have 3 while Texas has 1.

T-Mac/Ginobili is just as good as Kobe/K-Mart. 1 on 1 Kobe is better then both, but T-Mac and Ginobili are both better then K-Mart

No they are not! People sleep on Kevin Martin its crazy

still1ballin
08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Team Texas would win.

Lone Maverick
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Team Texas would win

And Fresh Prince, K-Mart has had what one good year? Ginobili and T-Mac are far and away better today( if Manu is healthy). K-Mart has a bright future but that's all it is at this point.

Joshtd1
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
No they are not! People sleep on Kevin Martin its crazy

Yes they are

#1Mavericksfan
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Texas would win in a blow out...it would be pick your poison....either Duncan would kill you inside or Dirk would kill you from the outside with 3 pointers.

Iodine
08-26-2008, 04:09 PM
saying that kidd is better than TP and Tmac is better than Manu is fail

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
If this was a series, team texas would win. But if it was one game, I'd have to go with cali because of the kobe factor. You just never know with this guy.

You are going with Kobe because you are an LA fan. I would take Texas any day.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
You think Tmac/Manu is better than Kobe/Martin???

I do.

Jay22Redd
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Benches

You cant be serious. Who possibly can stop Duncan, Dirk, and Yao. Odom, Kaman, Camby, Bynum and Biedris can surely be stopped.

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
PG goes to CA
(B Diddy and Ellis will run Kidd, Parker, and Terry out of the building)

SG goes to CA
(Kobe.... enough said)

SF goes to TX
(Artest, Howard, and Battier will lock down Maggette and Jackson for the most part)

PF goes to TX
(Duncan and Dirk > Gasol and Odom)

C goes to CA
(depth wins here. TX has nothing after Yao, while CA has Bynum, Beidrins, and Kaman.)

But in the end I think CA wins 102-96.

PG - Baron Davis, etc. < Tony Parker, etc.
Baron Davis is the flavor of the week. Tony Parker has three championship rings and a Finals MVP. How do people still underrate him? Parker's the second or third fastest guard in the league. Even if you count them even, is Monta Ellis better than Mr. Triple-Double? Mr. Team USA. Mr. 56-0 in international competition. Two Olympic Gold Medals > Monta Ellis.

C - Yao = Bynum, etc.
No one can guard Yao, he gets whatever shot he wants. Bynum would do well against him offensively because he's faster, but Yao will change the shots of every player CA puts on the floor. No one else listed can do that. CA's depth neutralizes TX's clear talent advantage. Even.

Series goes to TX, 4-2. TX has the edge at PG, and TX clearly dominates at SF and PF. CA's edge is at SG, where Kobe > absolutely everyone.

fredv
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Dirty South Ftw!

fredv
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
saying that kidd is better than TP and Tmac is better than Manu is fail

Tmac > Manu

AKA TheMamba
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Texas got this one... hate to say it.... Every team in Texas are contenders... We have a better chance playing the lakers starting 5 against them....

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
texas would kill them.

fresh prince
08-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Team Texas would win

And Fresh Prince, K-Mart has had what one good year? Ginobili and T-Mac are far and away better today( if Manu is healthy). K-Mart has a bright future but that's all it is at this point.

He's had 2 good years

Manu and T Mac have had better careers for sure. But at this very moment Kevin Martin is the better basketball player out of all 3 of them. K Mart scores more at a more efficient clip shooting and avg.less turnovers than both T Mac and Manu.

T Mac shoot s 41 % from the floor these days. Mac ad Ginobli arethe better playmakers for sure but K MArt pUTS up a higher ppg on better shooting #'s on a bad team as the main option. So that is a bigger factor than 2-3 apg for me.Imagine if K Mart had Yao or Duncan taking off the focus from him.? He would be even more efficient.

They are all avg to below on D so that is a wash. NOT TOO MENTION mANU AND mAC ARE BOTH very injury prone these days. Just my opnion but sometimes IN the NBA more than any other sport players are judged of names and reputations instead of what they do on the court. Thats the only explananation for making your statement.

Im a Laker fan just giving Kevin Martin his due

richardle9
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM

Benches

dude!!!!!!! that quote makes me so mad, one of the dumbest quotes i have ever heard!! oh my god kaman can never compete with yao, yao would destroy kaman into to pieces and make him his biaatch

SensandRaps
08-26-2008, 07:41 PM
team texas easily

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Cali got Phil Jackason ... PHIL JACKSON DOMINATES THE TEXAS TRIANGLE AND HAS THE RINGS AND PLAYOFFS SERIES WINS TO PROVE IT.

the triangle > the Texas triangle.

Robbie7138
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Texas would surely win

Joshtd1
08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
He's had 2 good years

Manu and T Mac have had better careers for sure. But at this very moment Kevin Martin is the better basketball player out of all 3 of them. K Mart scores more at a more efficient clip shooting and avg.less turnovers than both T Mac and Manu.

T Mac shoot s 41 % from the floor these days. Mac ad Ginobli arethe better playmakers for sure but K MArt pUTS up a higher ppg on better shooting #'s on a bad team as the main option. So that is a bigger factor than 2-3 apg for me.Imagine if K Mart had Yao or Duncan taking off the focus from him.? He would be even more efficient.

They are all avg to below on D so that is a wash. NOT TOO MENTION mANU AND mAC ARE BOTH very injury prone these days. Just my opnion but sometimes IN the NBA more than any other sport players are judged of names and reputations instead of what they do on the court. Thats the only explananation for making your statement.

Im a Laker fan just giving Kevin Martin his due

Replace K-Mart with Tmac and Manu on their respective team, and does that team get any better? Not IMO.

No hate on Kevin Martin, I just think both T-Mac and Manu are better then him/

18colts29
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Kobe is my favorite player but I have to take Texas. I'd take Parker over Baron. Kobe over Tmac. Artest, Duncan, and Yao over Jackson, , and Bynum. Also Camby or Kaman would start over Bynum.

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 10:48 PM
PPG isn't everything. Kevin Martin's a prolific and efficient scorer, but he is not better than Manu Ginobli. Manu's a leader, a clutch scorer, and a playmaker. Martin scores. That's it. If the box score told the whole story we wouldn't watch games, we'd just check online the next day. If stats were all that mattered then the US national team wouldn't have had an eight year drought in international competition. To people like Manu Ginobli.

dre1990
08-26-2008, 11:21 PM
CALI but would be tight