PDA

View Full Version : MUP's of Olympic Basketball

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
There has been a thread about the "Most Important Players" in the Olympics. It has focused on all the high profile players, who are the stars of their country's and NBA teams.
At the same time, everyone has forgotten about the "Most Unimportant Players" in the Olympics. Some of the most amusing moments in Beijing, in my opinion, have been those stars who flopped harder than a two week old pancake after at least some expectations.
Chris Kaman ultimately gets my vote as "MUP" of Beijing. Carlos Boozer and Teyshaun Prince shared the honor for team USA, although Jason Kidd, Dwight Howard, and Michael Redd all earned some votes. Who is your pick for "MUP" of the Olympic games?

LAKERS 24/7
08-25-2008, 05:52 PM
dwight howard doesn't belong on that list

MiamiHeat
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Tayshaun prince either he hit some 3s very useful :D
Carlos Boozer is the one
what was he doing there? lol

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Howard was used to guard Pau in the Gold Medal game so he was important for that part. I say out of everyone, Boozer. Redd contributed more over all IMO.

bogdanrom
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Boozer. He always played when the game was already over. I would be so pissed if I played that much especailly since the main coach is Coach K.

oldenpolynice
08-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Great idea for this post. You hit it dead-on with Chris Kaman. I'd also add Yi Jianlian and every single player from the Angola team.

No one from the U.S. should be on MUP because playing time was limited and they won the gold.

Other candidates: Andrew Bogut, Fabricio Oberto, and the PG from Germany.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 06:21 PM
dwight howard doesn't belong on that list

The thread was for "MUP" of the entire Olympics, and was based on a players performance prior to the Olympics. Dwight Howard just recieved honorable mention because he was expected to be a beast, but came out soft in most games.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Tayshaun prince either he hit some 3s very useful :D
Carlos Boozer is the one
what was he doing there? lol

The thread was for "MUP" of the entire Olympics, not just the US, and was based on a players performance prior to the Olympics. Dwight Howard just recieved honorable mention because he was expected to be a beast, but came out soft in most games.
Teyshaun Prince was about as pointless as Boozer. There's a lot of players that can "hit some threes" on team USA.

pwest6
08-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Boozer. He always played when the game was already over. I would be so pissed if I played that much especailly since the main coach is Coach K.

Yeah, I agree. But I would be glad just to be over there.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Howard was used to guard Pau in the Gold Medal game so he was important for that part. I say out of everyone, Boozer. Redd contributed more over all IMO.

The thread was for "MUP" of the entire Olympics, and was based on a players performance prior to the Olympics. Dwight Howard just recieved honorable mention because he was expected to be a beast, but came out soft in most games.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Great idea for this post. You hit it dead-on with Chris Kaman. I'd also add Yi Jianlian and every single player from the Angola team.

No one from the U.S. should be on MUP because playing time was limited and they won the gold.

Other candidates: Andrew Bogut, Fabricio Oberto, and the PG from Germany.

I just made some honorable mentions for the US team, since everybody on this site is usually so nationalistic. There were members of the US team who were relatively pointless additions.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 06:36 PM
The last thread didn't work because almost everybody focused on the US team, instead of the most unimportant player in the entire Olympics. Obviously, all players on the US were better than the most underperforming stars overall. Who is your choice for "MUP" of the Olympic games?
My personal choice is Chris Kamann.

fins08
08-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Everyone on Iran because they didn't win. Angola had that one dude that was sick against America. Forget Ehadi, take that dude.

oldenpolynice
08-25-2008, 07:05 PM
The last thread didn't work because almost everybody focused on the US team, instead of the most unimportant player in the entire Olympics. Obviously, all players on the US were better than the most underperforming stars overall. Who is your choice for "MUP" of the Olympic games?
My personal choice is Chris Kamann.

Kaman is my choice also. He did really poorly, especially considering the hype surrounding he and Dirk as a super-German combo.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Micahel Redd

Indi23
08-25-2008, 07:23 PM
IMO it was Tayshaun he should have had more minutes.

superkegger
08-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I say paul pierce.

superkegger
08-25-2008, 07:26 PM
better question is why you made two of the exact same thread.

LAKERS 24/7
08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
and why you keep posting the exact same thing again and again

fedwik1
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
every roster except the united states because we all know none of those other countries never stood a chance

njnets
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
boozer went to duke. anyone ever think of coach-player connection??? just a thought ....