PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh

carruthers32
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Being a Raptors fan in Canada, what are your guys take on how Chris Bosh played in the Olympics? Also do you think if he brings that defensive intensity to a team who just got Jermaine O'Neal, that they are able to compete for a championship?

rhino17
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
hes overrated imo

MiamiHeat
08-25-2008, 05:58 PM
He was good in the Olympics

torontosports10
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
I dont see how he is over-rated at all. If he played in a big market team ppl would think he is a 1st team all-star for sure. He doesnt get enough credit for how good he is imo. Of course some Raps fans on here over-rate him cause they talk so much about him but i think he is the number 3 PF in the game behind KG and Duncan.

I know cases can be made for Amare and Brand but i would take Bosh over them espically now that he has help in JO

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Bosh is the man. Hes a beast. But he isnt going to win any title playing for the raptors. Im sure he'll he leaving when he can be a free agent. He'll be going to a contender

MiamiHeat
08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Bosh is the man. Hes a beast. But he isnt going to win any title playing for the raptors. Im sure he'll he leaving when he can be a free agent. He'll be going to a contender

By beast do you mean a dinosaur? :)

bogdanrom
08-25-2008, 06:06 PM
He is definitely not overrated. Depending if you consider Amare, Jefferson, Brand power forwards he is proabably 6th or 5th. He was the best big man for the US in the Olympics.
1.TD
2.KG
3.Amare
4.Brand
5a.Chris Bosh
5b.Jefferson

rhino17
08-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I dont see how he is over-rated at all. If he played in a big market team ppl would think he is a 1st team all-star for sure. He doesnt get enough credit for how good he is imo. Of course some Raps fans on here over-rate him cause they talk so much about him but i think he is the number 3 PF in the game behind KG and Duncan.

I know cases can be made for Amare and Brand but i would take Bosh over them espically now that he has help in JO

he's just not a guy you can build a team around imo, he's a #2 guy. He's not a bad palyer, but he isnt someone that will carry a team

mitch91
08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
there is alot of talk about brand and its just because hes at a new team. personally i like bosh and think he is very good. probably num4 behind td kg and amare imo

ridere46
08-25-2008, 06:16 PM
hes overrated imo

i use to wonder what all the fuss was about Bosh. being on the west coast i hardly see him play. the one game i watched, raptors vs. the warriors, he was injured. after watching him in the olympics, i really think he's underappreciated. he played great as a center for the redeem team; i thought he defended better than Howard and most of the time he was smaller than his counterpart. he's versatile; good jumper, runs the floor well, blocks shot, tight defense...he'd be the perfect PF for the warriors...

knicks1214
08-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I say he is a player you can build a team around. Granted, you're going to need very good/solid players at other positions, he can be the cornerstone. He plays defense, has high intensity, and got better each year he played.

torontosports10
08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
I dont see how you can say Bosh is a number 2 guy.. he is definalty a franchise guy what he needs to be successful IS a number 2 guy which hopefully JO will be.

rhino17
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I dont see how you can say Bosh is a number 2 guy.. he is definalty a franchise guy what he needs to be successful IS a number 2 guy which hopefully JO will be.

Well he was the #1 guy last season and the raptors were'nt a very good team.

SeoulBeatz
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
hes overrated imo

how the hell is Bosh overrated?

NO ONE ever talks about him, hes a forgotten star in this league.

please explain id love to here it.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 06:38 PM
He is definitely not overrated. Depending if you consider Amare, Jefferson, Brand power forwards he is proabably 6th or 5th. He was the best big man for the US in the Olympics.
1.TD
2.KG
3.Amare
4.Brand
5a.Chris Bosh
5b.Jefferson

I would agree with this, but KG goes #1, he is the current champ. Duncan is on the decline, but KG isn't far behind him. I like your rankings though, Al Jefferson is never mentioned, and he is a stud

SeoulBeatz
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Tracy McGrady was the #1 guy on the 03-04 Magic Team that went 21-61, does that mean T-Mac is overrated too????

Atticus Finch
08-25-2008, 06:42 PM
It seemed like he stepped up his game in the Olympics. It seemed like he would disappear some games in the NBA last year, but I think a lot of that can be attributed to the fact that Toronto was a 3 point shooting team last year.

rhino17
08-25-2008, 06:42 PM
how the hell is Bosh overrated?

NO ONE ever talks about him, hes a forgotten star in this league.

please explain id love to here it.

He is talked about ALL the time. He is a good player, but he just isnt a #1 guy imo or even a top 5 pf

1) Duncan
2) KG
3) Boozer
4) Amare
5) Brand

he is prolly about sixth. But even the guys ahead of him, besides Duncan, cant carry a team by themselves or as the #1 option except for maybe Boozer

Atticus Finch
08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Tracy McGrady was the #1 guy on the 03-04 Magic Team that went 21-61, does that mean T-Mac is overrated too????

Being #1 on a team doesnt mean youre good. Luke Walton would be a #1 on a team full of Kwame Browns and Brian Scalabrines

rhino17
08-25-2008, 06:43 PM

Tract McGrady is the leader of a team that consistantly wins over 50 games and get home court advantage in the western confrence. The raptors are a mediocre team in the terrible eastern confrence

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Is Bosh a top 5 player? No. Will he ever win MVP? Probably not. But he is an awesome player. I would like to see him get over 10 rpg, and block some more shots, but he is tough, has an attitude, and I love the way he plays. Yes, he is a #1 option. If JO is healthy this year, the Raps could challenge for the finals for sure.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Tract McGrady is the leader of a team that consistantly wins over 50 games and get home court advantage in the western confrence. The raptors are a mediocre team in the terrible eastern confrence

and then promptly loses in the first round. Injuries or not, he isn't a top 5-10 player. Nobody who calls in sick 18 times a year is in my opinion. How does he get injured? All he does is shoot jumpers. Sorry, live in Houston, transplanted from the north, and kind of sick of Houston fans even though I really like the Rockets.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 06:47 PM

KG's Wolves won 64 games combined the last two years he was there. Pure record does not judge a player, you have to look what else is on his team. Does that mean Rondo is a great player? His team won 60 games. Of course not

08-25-2008, 06:56 PM
everyone stop arguing....here is the deal on Chris Bosh... He is not a superstar and mite not be because he plays in canada...he was an all star the first time on a bad RAPTORS team 2years ago that won 27 games....but he was an all star still on the most improved team two years ago that won 47 games. Last year injuries were big as raps were .500. So being overshadowed by James..WAde...And Melo....he will never achieve the same status as the others but mark my word ....down the road ...chris bosh will be a top ten player in the league in bout 4-5 years ...when he reaches his prime...this year we will see wat bosh can relly do when he hopefully blossoms into his natural position of PF and Oneal compliments him on centre...:D

ridere46
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM

:eyebrow: hahaha. don't start with McGrady. However, the rockets look pretty good this year with the addition of Artest. Maybe he can carry the team past the 1st round and make use of the 50 win-games and home court dis/advantage that McGrady could not. That's if he doesn't get injured. The best player on that team is Yao and he was limping off the court at the Olympics.

torontosports10
08-25-2008, 07:15 PM

Did you not read the part where i said he needs a # 2 option behind him and he might have one now in JO.

And i think its a joke that you say Boozer is better then him. Clearly you have a Western Conference bias.

aman_13
08-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Chris Bosh is a franchise player, he led the raps to 47 wins a couple years ago and was ranked pretty high in the mvp votings. Mark Cuban was asked of who he thinks the MVP would be besides Dirk and he said Chris Bosh. Last year we had injuries and Bosh got hurt, that is when we got into a big losing streak. Chris Bosh may not be considered a super-star yet to some but he has plenty of time to prove that. He is only 24 years old. I am sure a lot of people can agree he is a top 5 pf.

AllTheWay
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
I think hes the #4 PF in the NBA. But he needs a dominant perimeter scorer to win

astrosmaniac
08-25-2008, 07:40 PM

niether were the t-wolves, is al jeff not a #1 guy?

08-25-2008, 07:51 PM

LOL NO...NO ....HELLLLLLLLLL NO...NEVER

astrosmaniac
08-25-2008, 07:54 PM

LOL NO...NO ....HELLLLLLLLLL NO...NEVER

then you have never watched him play and dont know much about basketball

aman_13
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Al Jefferson is the number 1 option for the wolves. He is going to be a big time player.

rhino17
08-25-2008, 08:36 PM

definitely not

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
he's just not a guy you can build a team around imo, he's a #2 guy. He's not a bad palyer, but he isnt someone that will carry a team

Bosh is not overrated, he's a top player in the NBA, he's not a top 5 player, but he's a top 10 big man. Bosh can play some ball, he along with a healthy Jermaine should do well this year. I was extremely impressed with Bosh on defense during the Olympics. I don't see Toronto winning a title because they need a big time scorer on the perimeter to help their team.

jgonboricua
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
my list of top 10 pf...

1TD
2KG
3Amare
4Boozer
5Al Jeff
6Nowitski
7Bosh
8 Brand
9Gasol
10Aldridge

torontosports10
08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
my list of top 10 pf...

1TD
2KG
3Amare
4Boozer
5Al Jeff
6Nowitski
7Bosh
8 Brand
9Gasol
10Aldridge

over-rating Boozer alot

How it should look

1.KG
2.TD
3.Amare
4.Bosh
5.Brand
6.Nowitiziki
7.Boozer
8.Al Jeff
9.Gasol
10.Aldridge

Al Jeff will move up if he cointnues to improve and be a leader, Brand is that high if healthy.

MiamiHeat
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
my list of top 10 pf...

1TD
2KG
3Amare
4Boozer
5Al Jeff
6Nowitski
7Bosh
8 Brand
9Gasol
10Aldridge

1. KG
2. TD
3. Amare
4. Nowitzki
5. Bosh
6. Brand
7. Boozer
8. Al Jeff
9. Gasol
10.Aldridge

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Al Jefferson is the number 1 option for the wolves. He is going to be a big time player.

agreed. Around 2011-12, people will be talking about how great he is. 25-13

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
1. KG
2. TD
3. Amare
4. Nowitzki
5. Bosh
6. Brand
7. Boozer
8. Al Jeff
9. Gasol
10.Aldridge

KG is a great player, but he's not better than Tim Duncan. Duncan has 4 titles, 2 MVPS, 3 finals MVPS, Duncan is the best power forward of all time. Duncan was the main option on all of those teams that won 4 titles.

MiamiHeat
08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Al Jeff was already playing like a great player last season
21ppg 11rpg :clap:
He could be a great C for the Heat
*dreaming*

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Top Power Forwards:

Duncan
KG
Amare
Dirk
Bosh
Boozer
Brand

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 09:38 PM
KG is a great player, but he's not better than Tim Duncan. Duncan has 4 titles, 2 MVPS, 3 finals MVPS, Duncan is the best power forward of all time. Duncan was the main option on all of those teams that won 4 titles.

teams win rings. KG didn't stumble into David Robinson in his prime, or the machine that is the Spurs. He got Kevin McHale. Sorry, but surround KG with the talent that Duncan has had year in and year out, we may be talking about KG's legacy as the best PF ever. All speculative, obviously, but it's not like Duncan is head and shoulders above him. He was simply a benefactor of being drafted by the best run franchise in basketball. When all is said and done, KG will rank in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding and blocks. Nuff said

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Al Jeff was already playing like a great player last season
21ppg 11rpg :clap:
He could be a great C for the Heat
*dreaming*

I am a die hard Wolves fan, trust me, I know he is already great, but you don't get recognized when your team wins 22 games, unless you have previously earned it, like Wade. Jefferson will be a household name by 2010.

NJ NETS
08-25-2008, 09:54 PM
hes overrated imo

i agree

Halladay
08-25-2008, 10:01 PM
I think some people just dont like the idea of having a big man as the number one option on a team. But really, who has Bosh had thats a high calibre player since Vince Carter left? Now with O'neal and Calderon having a great season in 07' Bosh finally has some support. People's views will change on Bosh when he goes far in the playoffs. That's how people seem to rank players right? Sure seems like it.

Tha Truth
08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Bosh is definitely not overrated.

rhino17
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
over-rating Boozer alot

How it should look

1.KG
2.TD
3.Amare
4.Bosh
5.Brand
6.Nowitiziki
7.Boozer
8.Al Jeff (Another overrated player)
9.Gasol
10.Aldridge

Al Jeff will move up if he cointnues to improve and be a leader, Brand is that high if healthy.
if you want an underated player, it is Boozer, and thats coming from a rockets fan. Lemme correct your list

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett (although he is overrated as well)
3) Boozer
4) Dirk
5) Amare
6) Brand
7) Bosh
8) Pau
9) Jefferson
10) West

rhino17
08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
i agree

:hi5:

smilez1315
08-25-2008, 10:22 PM
all i know is soon wearing a heat jersey:clap::clap::clap:

Master P
08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
i still love how toronto is considered a small market. i swear, to americans canada might as well be on mars. toronto is a huge market, the metropolitan area is the 4th biggest market for any nba teams. they also market themselves as canada's team, thus extending their fringe popularity like most teams cannot (save the lakers and knicks).

i dont even think it's a matter of americans ignoring canada. i actually believe they dont have the capacity to pay attention to more then half a dozen teams per season. a recent example to support this was in nbc's olympic coverage vs canada's olympic coverage. the canadian broadcast would present each athelete in a race, whereas the americans would only introduce 2 or 3. do none of the other olympians even deserve mention? or would it get too confusing for americans to hear more than a few names at a time? ****, they might change the channel.

so basically for bosh and the raptors to really get noticed in the states they need to become a top six team in the nba. of course in order for the team to do that bosh needs to step up his game to superstar level, which will thus end the debate anyway.

BRADfromOZ
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
He played really well during the Olympics and by no means it he overrated. Two more seasons will see him become the leagues best.

bothfeef
08-25-2008, 11:09 PM
He is mvp good

SDDodger
08-25-2008, 11:11 PM
I would say that Bosh is definitely a top 5 PF in the league. He is a borderline superstar, not quite there but could very well get there. If I had to pick a PF to start a franchise Bosh would probably be my third choice behind KG and Amare. I realize he is not better than TD but TD is on the decline. KG is also aging but he has not broken down quite as much as Duncan. Here is my list:

KG
Amare
Bosh
Al Jeff
TD
Boozer
Nowitski
Brand
Gasol
Aldridge

The one I see getting consistently overrated is Brand. He may come back great but at this point it is unkown how he holds up.

Mile High Champ
08-25-2008, 11:29 PM

Yeah and it was due to injuries. Bosh finally gets the help he deserves in O'neal. Bosh is anything but overated. As far as Im concerned he was oustnding at the olympics.. He is the third best PF in the league today in my opinion. He is a franchise player..

Mile High Champ
08-25-2008, 11:35 PM
if you want an underated player, it is Boozer, and thats coming from a rockets fan. Lemme correct your list

1) Tim Duncan
3) Boozer
4) Dirk
5) Amare
6) Brand
7) Bosh
8) Pau
9) Jefferson
10) West

hhaa your kidding right? Boozer at 3, come on man, thats just laughable. No one is going to agree with this list, not a chance. Bosh is beyond underated because he plays in toronto, He is a franchise player. I dont blame you for not giving him any respect, its cause you never see him play. The Raptors did not have one national televised game last season.

Ohh and not a chance Bosh walks in two years. He is going to be here longterm.

astrosmaniac
08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Bosh is not overated, nwither is KG and boozer is not the 3rd best PF, and this is coming from a rocekets fan. hes not THAT great

Mile High Champ
08-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Bosh is not overated, nwither is KG and boozer is not the 3rd best PF, and this is coming from a rocekets fan. hes not THAT great

THANK YOU.. someone agrees..

dre1990
08-26-2008, 12:04 AM
he isnt over rated or under rated a great PF in the nba

Big E
08-26-2008, 12:09 AM

1) Tim Duncan
3) Boozer
4) Dirk
5) Amare
6) Brand
7) Bosh
8) Pau
9) Jefferson
10) West

No Way Bosh is the 7th best. You obviously haven't watched him play more than maybe 3 times. I say Bosh is #3 behind KG (who is great but yea, sorta overrated) & Timmay

ShaunRiching9
08-26-2008, 12:22 AM
i like bosh as a player but he is not better then Amare so maybe 4 on the list
and with him and jermaine up front i like out chances to place top 5 in the east this year

nygiants242
08-26-2008, 12:24 AM
I thought he played a lot tougher in the olympics and there was less of his usual soft side, which is a good sign. Let's just see if he can translate that to the NBA

rhino17
08-26-2008, 12:55 AM
hhaa your kidding right? Boozer at 3, come on man, thats just laughable. No one is going to agree with this list, not a chance. Bosh is beyond underated because he plays in toronto, He is a franchise player. I dont blame you for not giving him any respect, its cause you never see him play. The Raptors did not have one national televised game last season.

Ohh and not a chance Bosh walks in two years. He is going to be here longterm.

You obviosly dont watch boozer play, he is the most underrated pf in the nba. I absolutely hate him but i have to give him respect

Nexus
08-26-2008, 07:05 AM
These Olympics have seen Bosh's rating go from a little underrated to perfectly rated. Under the perfect circumstances, Bosh could put up 25+ PPG and be a recognized defensive beast. As for PPG: his knee injury noticeably affected his performance after coming back from injury last season. In addition, opposing team's defenses have always had the chance to focus their entire defensive plan around guarding him...often double teaming. Lastly, Calderon may not turn the ball over much and I would consider him top 10 in the NBA, but even Ford is better at creating plays and openings with his speed. As for defense, you saw him at the Olympics, O'Neal coming in will allow Bosh to focus on what HE has to do, which will be to guard his man and help out others when needed....not to guard someone like Howard alone and still worry regularly about Calderon letting his man penetrate.

As a Raptor fan, I'm actually a little perturbed to see Calderon and Bosh starting to be recognized around the league. In some cases, I think they're a little overrated...Calderon isn't a top five PG at the moment. I'd rather their prowess next season be a surprise haha.

RAPS424
08-26-2008, 07:19 AM

UMMM.. HE ALREADY WAS A FREE AGENT .. AND RESIGNED WITH THE RAPS.. SO TELL ME AGAIN WHY UR SURE HE WILL BE LEAVING? DO PPL EVEN THINK BEFORE THEY TYPE? OR PUT FORTH ANY KIND OF RESEARCH ? AND.. BOSH ..JO.. CALDERON(TOP 10 POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE) AND 2 OF THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTERS IN THE LEAGUE(ONE OF WHICH IS THE BEST (KAPONO...) SOUNDS LIKE A DECENT RECIPE FOR A CONTENDER TO ME.. PROB NEED A FEW MORE PEICES.. BUT STILL

Mile High Champ
08-26-2008, 07:43 AM
You obviosly dont watch boozer play, he is the most underrated pf in the nba. I absolutely hate him but i have to give him respect

boozer actually gets on national tv all the time so his games are actually seem by a wide majority of nba fans. Bosh's games are never seen by anyone outside of probably Toronto or the north eastern united states. There is no debate needed her, the maority, maybe 80% of PSD users would say Bosh is better than Boozer.

torontosports10
08-26-2008, 07:52 AM

1) Tim Duncan
3) Boozer
4) Dirk
5) Amare
6) Brand
7) Bosh
8) Pau
9) Jefferson
10) West

Yepp that why Boozer got so much more Playing time and praise from every NBA critic for his play in the Olympics. Well it pretty much looks like you and a Nets fan are the only ones who agree and both have no good arguments at all. Im sure if he played on Hourston you would think he is God. :rolleyes:

pebloemer
08-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Top Power Forwards:

Duncan
KG
Amare
Dirk
Bosh
Boozer
Brand

That would be my list too. We'll see how Brand does this year he could jump up or jump down depending on his success.

rhino17
08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Yepp that why Boozer got so much more Playing time and praise from every NBA critic for his play in the Olympics. Well it pretty much looks like you and a Nets fan are the only ones who agree and both have no good arguments at all. Im sure if he played on Hourston you would think he is God. :rolleyes:

Again, he played well in the Olympics, that means nothing. Carmelo was dominate in international play last year, but he doesnt dominate the nba the same way. Olympic play is totally different from nba play

kuppz
08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Look raps fans Im not tryin 2 b a prick sayin this so dont take it the wrong way. We got 2 stop with these Chris Bosh threads. Look it seems like wer lookin fer approval from around the league to prove that he is recognized as a superstar. I never see any Lebron James, kobe, wade are they stars threads it's just known who they are and what they can do. We see the guy night in and night out we know how good he and hes only gunna get better. He's undeniably a top 10 player in the NBA right now. And for those who say bosh is overrated your stupid. Look I know playing in Toronto is like playing in fukcin Alaska to the americans but straight up who cares. We get more than enuff raps coverage here anyways. N fer those lookin fer respect trust me the raps r due fer sum big things this season.

RapsFan4Life
08-26-2008, 10:39 AM
there are only 2 PF's in the league better then Chris Bosh one is Timmy and the other is Kevin, neither are over rated and both stand up to their character and perform ...

chris bosh is better then brand, pau, al Jeff, boozer, amare (very close and can be argued but injuries is just tough for him plus he has a steve nash dishing him the ball)

chris bosh (+)
great jumper inside the arch
solid perimeter defense
great lateral quicks
solid stamina and runs the floor
good clutch/ smart decision making
nice finishing at the rim strong dunking ability
left handed and knows how to make this an advantage
strong ball handeling skills and passing for a PF
attracts double teams and knows how to react with 2 defenders
can block shots and great verticle
solid rebounder
great team player who trusts his mates to do what is right

Chris Bosh (-)
not enough toughness to battle with the big boys in the post
does not have a 3 point shot like Dirk
sometimes gets compfortable with his 16 footer

conclusion >>> bosh is better then many PF's but still has lots to learn and improve on, definetly all star, soon to be super star, and a #1 player a franchise player who can win a finals MVP, he is defenetly not a MJ who can dominate by himself, he does need peices but put him with Peirce and allen you got ring, put bosh manu and tony, you got a ring, put nash and shaq, you are solid contenters

if anyone wants to argue that brand boozer amare pau<< stupid lakers fans, or any other PF is better then bosh, better come with some solid arguments

knicks1214
08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
I would only say that KG and Amare are better. TD has never had a bad team with him in San Antonio so how can you say that he is better than CB. Because he won more championships? Does that make Horry one of the best players in the NBA ever because he won 6 championships as a role player? TD has always had good talent surrounding him. When he first entered it was Robinson, now he has two potential all stars in Ginboli and Parker with him. Duncan is not a top 3 PF anymore...he's losing his step.

Mile High Champ
08-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I would only say that KG and Amare are better. TD has never had a bad team with him in San Antonio so how can you say that he is better than CB. Because he won more championships? Does that make Horry one of the best players in the NBA ever because he won 6 championships as a role player? TD has always had good talent surrounding him. When he first entered it was Robinson, now he has two potential all stars in Ginboli and Parker with him. Duncan is not a top 3 PF anymore...he's losing his step.

Im still taking Duncan as my PF if i had to go for the title this year... He is also the best PF ever..

knicks1214
08-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't think hes the best ever. Every team he has been on he has had at least 1 other very good/all star player on his team. If Bosh had the same team as Duncan with Ginobli and Parker, he would have done just as well.

torontosports10
08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Again, he played well in the Olympics, that means nothing. Carmelo was dominate in international play last year, but he doesnt dominate the nba the same way. Olympic play is totally different from nba play

Again, i am comparing him with Boozer who was also at the olympics. All the coaches said Bosh was better and most everyone here says he is better also. Seems like you the only one. and again if he played on a big team like the Lakers,Suns,Celtics or whomever he would get alot more attention and you would think he was a top 3 if he played on Houston, i guarantee it.

RapsFan4Life
08-26-2008, 10:52 AM

i think he is still a top PF, he is on the decline and in the next couple years will not even be top 5 but last couple of years spurs have done so well because of HIM, he is very fundimental in the clutch he gets the ball, he makes great decisions and any time SA needs a bucket he makes it happen... he makes manu and tony better and it doesnt matter about winning it makes about how a team performs and spurs kick asz because of timmy, he is solid and can spread the floor to 16 feet with a SICK bank shot and still dunk over people and play proper defense, he is not very exciting but when a job needs to be done he gets it done.. he is better then bosh because he puts wins in the W coloum for the spurs, he has the ability to take over a game at any given time

RapsFan4Life
08-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by rhino17

Again, i am comparing him with Boozer who was also at the olympics. All the coaches said Bosh was better and most everyone here says he is better also. Seems like you the only one. and again if he played on a big team like the Lakers,Suns,Celtics or whomever he would get alot more attention and you would think he was a top 3 if he played on Houston, i guarantee it.

Rhino17, why do you think Boozer played like an average of 2-3 min a game, and Bosh played almost 20 ... i dont care what they did on the floor even though bosh had more activity and energy and defense and offense and played wicked ...
what i want to know is why do you think the coaching staff put bosh on earlyer in rotation then boozer and played bosh ALOT more min then boozer

its probably cuz boozer was too good and they wanted to have some mecry on the other teams
or is it because boozer is so amazing that they were saving him for the gold metal game were he played 1 min

now you are not an expert i can clearly tell, and i perhaps am not either but the coaches for team USA definetly are and they chose bosh over Dwight and Boozer by a long shot .. boozer is not garbage but he will never be what Chris Bosh is

rhino17
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Why did jason Kidd start over Chris paul? I think Pual is obviosly the better player

RapsFan4Life
08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Why did jason Kidd start over Chris paul? I think Pual is obviosly the better player

jason kidd is a pg who sets the tempo and doesnt really look for his own offense he is more of a play maker, and with all the talent on the starting line up, i dont think cp3 in necessary, plus both Deron and Paul get more min then Jason Kidd
Boozer averages the lest min on the team, less then Prince and Redd

Jwizel_hitshrs
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM

When he can be a free agent? This is his second contract with the raps FYI. Why is Toronto not a contender? How are they not? Check your facts bra

RapsFan4Life
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
so rhino17,
why is boozer better then bosh?

does he play better in the playoffs << hahah that was a joke

Hawkeye15
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM

Bosh didn't start either, but the dudes point was he played 20 minutes, Boozer 2. Kidd started, but played 2 minutes. Paul played 20. Bosh is better. Boozer fits the system he is in, but he is undersized, and doesn't block any shots, at all. He is not good defensivley, hence, him watching the Olympics. No doubt he is a really good NBA PF though, just not with Bosh.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
did u guys c the game 2 seasons ago when rondo dunked on bosh
!!!!!! priceless!!!! :D sry but i was at that game

Mile High Champ
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
did u guys c the game 2 seasons ago when rondo dunked on bosh
!!!!!! priceless!!!! :D sry but i was at that game

haha yeah ok.. your the same guy that made the comment that rondo welcomed bosh to the nba... cant take what you say with much credibility...

MiamiHeat
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
all i know is soon wearing a heat jersey:clap::clap::clap:

who bosh or al jeff?
who cares either one is good:D

BOOZE'nMUSE69
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
This kills me cuz Booze is my favorite player, but Bosh was the man for the Olympic team, at least down in the post. His combination of athleticism, length, skill and (most importantly) effort just gave everyone fits. I don't know how many times I watched Kobe or Lebron dribble down, throw up some prayer from 69 feet behind the arc, only to have Bosh fight off a platoon of mulleted Argentinians (or any other team) for the reabound and go up strong and go to the line. I gained so much respect for Chris Bosh, especially after what I consider a sub-par NBA season for him. Now if we could only get Booze playing on his level...

nbafan19
08-27-2008, 12:28 AM
He is talked about ALL the time. He is a good player, but he just isnt a #1 guy imo or even a top 5 pf

1) Duncan
2) KG
3) Boozer
4) Amare
5) Brand

he is prolly about sixth. But even the guys ahead of him, besides Duncan, cant carry a team by themselves or as the #1 option except for maybe Boozer

Boozer ranked 3rd? Seriously, Boozer is not even a top 6 PF in the game today. Boozer is a solid Power Forward don't get me wrong, but it's just because he has Derron Williams on his team.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-27-2008, 10:02 AM
haha yeah ok.. your the same guy that made the comment that rondo welcomed bosh to the nba... cant take what you say with much credibility...

well he didnt welcome him....but he dunked on him....i was there i seen it wot my own 2 eyes lol