PDA

View Full Version : If the NJ Nets are serious about going after LBJ in 2010, then they should be ...

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 11:59 AM
If the NJ Nets are serious about going after LBJ in 2010, then they should be ...

Activity trying to trade Vince Carter for expiring contracts and other elite teams need to be
making a hard push to try to get him. Vince makes around 14.7 million next year and then 16.1 million in 2010 and 17.5 in 2011 and 18.9 million in 2012

Teams that could definitely use his services:

Utah (could perhaps send guys like Harpring, Korver, CJ Miles and future pick to the Nets)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Deron Williams/Knight/Price
SG Vince Carter/Brewer
SF Ak-47/Almond
PF Boozer/Collins
C Okur/Millsap

Dallas (Could perhaps send a package of Stackhouse, George, Eddie Jones and Gerald Green to NJ for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Kidd/Barea
SG Carter/Terry
SF Howard/Wright
PF Dirk/Bass
C Diop/Dampier

Suns (could perhaps send a package of: Bell, Tucker, Strawberry and Diaw for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Nash/Barbosa
SG Carter/??
SF Barnes/Hill
PF Amare/??
C Shaq/Lopez

Magic (could perhaps send a package of Hedo Turkoglu, Brian Cook, Bogans and Redick for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Nelson
SG Carter
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Detroit (could perhaps trade Hamilton and Bynum for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Billups/Stuckey
SG Carter/Affalo
SF Prince/??
PF Mcdyess/Maxiell
C Wallace/Johnson

Toronto (Could trade a package of Parker, Barganani and Graham for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Calderon/Ukic
SG Carter/Adams
SF Kapano/Moon
PF Bosh/Humprhries
C JO/??

LA Clippers (Could trade a package of Mobley and Tim Thomas for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Baron Davis/Hart
SG Vince Carter/Eric Gordon
SF Thornton/Ricky Davis
PF Camby/Brian Skinner
C Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

Not sure who else could use him, but those teams stuck out in my mind as teams that are in the situation where they could win now if they went after him.

AllTheWay
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
I agree they should trade him too, and those are all viable destinations. I think Utah would really turn into a favorite if they got him without giving up anyone too significant.

tonyd3b54
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
im confused to y u hav in parenthesis next to detroit (could perhaps trade Hamilton and Bynum for Carter)...

kuppz
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Calderon/Ukic
SG Carter/Adams
SF Kapano/Moon
PF Bosh/Humprhries
C JO/Garbajosa

NO F%#$CK'N WAY THE RAPS WULD EVER TRADE FOR CARTER. The nets would b lucky to get a bag of balls for that bum.

-*Garbo dusnt play for the raps no more

Nets fan 93
08-25-2008, 12:16 PM
no...Coz if we dont get Lebron we are screwed... no way Thorn trades 2 players to get ready for King... RJ was enough

Nets fan 93
08-25-2008, 12:17 PM
NO F%#$CK'N WAY THE RAPS WULD EVER TRADE FOR CARTER. The nets would b lucky to get a bag of balls for that bum.
:pity: Hater... get over it

rapswin98
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
there was a point where the nets were very interested in bargs but remember hearing that aren't anymore because they have Yi now. The raps would be a true contender if we had vince.

PG Calderon/Ukic
SG Carter/Adams
SF Kapano/Moon
PF Bosh/Humprhries
C JO/GarbajosaGarbajosa is not a raptor any more

rapswin98
08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
NO F%#$CK'N WAY THE RAPS WULD EVER TRADE FOR CARTER. The nets would b lucky to get a bag of balls for that bum.just get over it. you know the raps would improve if they had carter

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
If the NJ Nets are serious about going after LBJ in 2010, then they should be ...

Activity trying to trade Vince Carter for expiring contracts and other elite teams need to be
making a hard push to try to get him. Vince makes around 14.7 million next year and then 16.1 million in 2010 and 17.5 in 2011 and 18.9 million in 2012

Utah (could perhaps send guys like Harpring, Korver, CJ Miles and future pick to the Nets)
Gives them a lineup of:
SG Vince Carter/Brewer
SF Ak-47/Almond
PF Boozer/Collins
C Okur/Millsap

Dallas (Could perhaps send a package of Stackhouse, George, Eddie Jones and Gerald Green to NJ for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Kidd/Barea
SG Carter/Terry
SF Howard/Wright
PF Dirk/Bass
C Diop/Dampier

Suns (could perhaps send a package of: Bell, Tucker, Strawberry and Diaw for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Nash/Barbosa
SG Carter/??
SF Barnes/Hill
PF Amare/Skinner
C Shaq/Lopez

Magic (could perhaps send a package of Hedo Turkoglu, Brian Cook, Bogans and Redick for Carter)
Gives them a lineup of:
PG Nelson
SG Carter
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Billups/Stuckey
SG Carter/Affalo
SF Prince/??
PF Mcdyess/Maxiell
C Wallace/Johnson

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Calderon/Ukic
SG Carter/Adams
SF Kapano/Moon
PF Bosh/Humprhries
C JO/Garbajosa

Not sure who else could use him, but those teams stuck out in my mind as teams that are in the situation where they could win now if they went after him.

Kind of agree, cause I think he is overrated, but they better have a star there, or LeBron won't come. LeBron is not coming to a team that sucks, that wouldn't make sense.

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
there was a point where the nets were very interested in bargs but remember hearing that aren't anymore because they have Yi now. The raps would be a true contender if we had vince.

Garbajosa is not a raptor any more

Who is the backup Center now? Or who would be if the Raptors got Carter?

kuppz
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Straight up hes not welcome in Toronto

kuppz
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Who is the backup Center now? Or who would be if the Raptors got Carter?

Humphries could play the 5, we got the rook Nathan Jawai who looks like hes takin over as the full time backup center.

jgonboricua
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
cleveland could use the services of vince...but with mo williams now dont know if they still need him..... they could offor szerbiak again....maybe sweeten it with rookie jj hickson?

mo williams/West?
Vince Cater/Boobie/pavlovic
James
Wallace/Varejao
Ilgauskas

Phitin' Phan
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
He is gonna go to the Knicks.

NJ NETS
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
im confused to y u hav in parenthesis next to detroit (could perhaps trade Hamilton and Bynum for Carter)...

will bynum

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
cleveland could use the services of vince...but with mo williams now dont know if they still need him..... they could offor szerbiak again....maybe sweeten it with rookie jj hickson?

mo williams/West?
Vince Cater/Boobie/pavlovic
James
Wallace/Varejao
Ilgauskas

Maybe your not understanding the thread, but why would they trade him to Cleveland to help Lebron, when they are doing this to try to lure Lebron for 2010?

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
He is gonna go to the Knicks.

I'm not so sure, but with Mike D there, it is a possibility. They have a TON of work to due by next summer if they want to have a chance. That team is so unattractive it is unreal.

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I think The Nets wait it out. If they start out red hot and look like a legit contender Vince isnt going anywhere. If they struggle and it looks like another lottery year then maybe we see Carter traded by the deadline. I think the Nets will strongly go after LBJ no matter what offering every cent they have on him.

THE_FLASH_21
08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Utah has their money probelms right now... We just resigned Dwill, and Boozer and Memo can be free agents at the end of this season.. and AK's big *** contract.. We're fine... I'd love Vince in Utah but We have money issues and Carter is making big bucks...

jgonboricua
08-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Maybe your not understanding the thread, but why would they trade him to Cleveland to help Lebron, when they are doing this to try to lure Lebron for 2010?

it still nets them a nice expiring contract and a young prospect in hickson...

jgonboricua
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
to me the teams that would need him the most are teams that HAVE to win either this year of maybe next if they are going to win...ala phoenix/dallas....

rapswin98
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
the raps would lose alot depth if we did trade for carter, humphries needs to improve game and nathon jawai needs some nba experience.

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
if they accepted Odom + one of the horrible contracts ( walton or Radmanovic) i would deal.

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
if they accepted Odom + one of the horrible contracts ( walton or Radmanovic) i would deal.

Why would you have two of the same type of players on the same team?

stevefrancis
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
why trade him now when he makes fans come to the games. whats the difference between trading him now or next season. its all about money.

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Vince or KObe can play SF more effectively than Odom.

and deffend better.

CowboysKB24
08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't see the Nets trading Carter and the talk about LeBron coming to the Nets already is completely ridiculous. I thought LeBron was going to Greece for 50 million a year? LOL

THE_FLASH_21
08-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Carter wouldn't want to play w/ Kobe!!

pippsux
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
......planning how they will tank the next couple of seasons and stockpile lots of 1st round draft picks ( u know, the celtic way ). Then they can interest the cavs in a sign and trade. That said I still think LBJ is headed for the Knicks.

Storch
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Kind of agree, cause I think he is overrated, but they better have a star there, or LeBron won't come. LeBron is not coming to a team that sucks, that wouldn't make sense.

Yes! Finally someone with a voice of wisdom.

roo3flash
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
did u ever think they dont want to be in the same situation as clevland nd not be able to win a final with just lebron...getting lebron and getting rid of vince for scubs would be pointless cause they still wont be able to win wit just lebron nd thats y they need vince there with him...one player never one it all nd all smart fans know that no one ever has nd ever will

Lebron wit clevland = lebron witout vince in NJ

23LBJCleBrowns
08-25-2008, 04:24 PM
cavs r retaining lebron

Hawkeye15
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
cavs r retaining lebron

I think you may be right. Everyone assumes he is leaving. I am not so sure

njdevilsnnets
08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Carter to the raptors, stopped reading right their

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 06:07 PM
cavs r retaining lebron

YOU WISH

Lebron wants to win. YOU REALLY THINK HE EVEN HAS A CHANCE TO DO THAT IN CLEVELAND. HES GOING TO THE NETS WHERE JAY-Z WILL GET HIM PLAYERS TO HELP HIM OUT

THE_FLASH_21
08-25-2008, 06:17 PM
YOU WISH

Lebron wants to win. YOU REALLY THINK HE EVEN HAS A CHANCE TO DO THAT IN CLEVELAND. HES GOING TO THE NETS WHERE JAY-Z WILL GET HIM PLAYERS TO HELP HIM OUT

yupp... their close friends.. Jay-z is gonna make it rain like Washington!!!

IndyRealist
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Gives them a lineup of:
SG Vince Carter/Brewer
SF Ak-47/Almond
PF Boozer/Collins
C Okur/Millsap

I don't think Carter could ever play in Jerry Sloan's system. He hogs the ball. He doesn't play D. This only works for Utah if NJ takes Kirilenko back, which would defeat the purpoase of the trade.

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Kidd/Barea
SG Carter/Terry
SF Howard/Wright
PF Dirk/Bass
C Diop/Dampier

Dallas desparately needs a #2 scorer, Howard's just not comfortable there. Dallas needs to trade a draft pick as well in order to make it palatable to NJ. They're desparate, and might just pull the trigger.

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Nash/Barbosa
SG Carter/??
SF Barnes/Hill
PF Amare/Skinner
C Shaq/Lopez

I think this goes in the opposite direction that Phoenix is going. They want to play more defense, and trading Bell and Diaw to pick up Carter goes against the grain. Even if it would probably be their best chance for a championship, with Goran Dragic playing backup point and Barbosa backup SG.

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Nelson
SG Carter
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

I think Orlando likes where they are, and stays put with their roster. Hedo's still their best player, regardless of Howard's potential or Lewis' contract.

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Billups/Stuckey
SG Carter/Affalo
SF Prince/??
PF Mcdyess/Maxiell
C Wallace/Johnson

Carter doesn't fit here for the same reasons he doesn't fit in Utah. Half court team, plays D, PG needs the ball to be effective. Hamilton plays D, moves without the ball, and is their premier playoff scorer. They need a new starting PF and/or to trade Wallace.

Gives them a lineup of:
PG Calderon/Ukic
SG Carter/Adams
SF Kapano/Moon
PF Bosh/Humprhries
C JO/??

Carter is a pariah in Toronto. He's not welcome there, and a trade will never happen.

Carter needs to go to a run n' gun team that doesn't play D, with a need for outside shooting. The previously mentioned Phoenix and Dallas are probably the best choices, along with Golden State, Denver, and possibly even Washington.

Can you imagine Arenas, Carter, Butler, and Jamison on one team? Nick Young, Etan Thomas, Andray Blatche, a first round pick and cash for Carter. DeShawn Stevenson moves to the bench, along with Antonio Daniels, JaVale McGee, and Darius Songaila. Defensive subs at almost every position for matchup issues. Four 20pt scorers. Offensive insurance should Gilbert go down again. They'd be set for championship runs for the next three years.

Chronz
08-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Why should the Nets give up Vince if they can get Bron without doing so? Wouldnt Vince be a player Bron would like to play alongside of? Yes he'll be older by then but he will still be a serviceable player, if the right deal comes along then yes you get rid of him, but if its just for a salary dump I wouldnt do it.

And I want VC in LA

Lakersfan2483
08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't see Lebron going to a team that does not have a legit chance of winning a title. If the Cavs don't build a championship team around him, I think he will go to a team where he can contend for a title. In order for New Jersey to get Lebron, they would have to do some serious overhauls in regards to their roster.

Lakersfan2483
08-26-2008, 09:20 AM
The Nets should not trade Carter unless they can get another big name player, Carter (like him or not) fills the stands in New Jersey. The Nets traded both Kidd and Jefferson, so I don't see why they would trade away a big name like Carter. New Jersey would have to get an all-star caliber player for Carter.

JordansBulls
08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Added the Clippers to the list

PG Baron Davis/Hart
SF Thornton/Ricky Davis
PF Camby/Brian Skinner
C Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

superkegger
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Why not to the Lakers for Odom? :shrug: Vince can play the 3...

JordansBulls
08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Why not to the Lakers for Odom? :shrug: Vince can play the 3...

Two players of the same style that don't like one another.

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Added the Clippers to the list

PG Baron Davis/Hart
SF Thornton/Ricky Davis
PF Camby/Brian Skinner
C Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

But they'd be trading for $15M in salary, who are they going to give up? They'd have to trade Davis, Camby, or Kaman just to make the money work.
-----
Vince cannot be kept on the Nets for them to have a chance at LeBron. Why? Because they need the money for LeBron. He's going to command what, $18M a year? They are currently obligated for $34M in 2010 assuming the pick up options on Yi, Lopez, Sean Williams, and Ryan Anderson. They have to re-sign Devin Harris, who will command a salary somewhere in the $8M-$10M range. Assuming they don't trade away their first round pick next summer, they'll be obligated to him for $2-4M. So assuming Yi, Brook Lopez, Ryan Anderson, and Josh Boone all work out, they have $44-48M in salary obligations, with the cap around $60M.

They'll be able to offer another team's free agent $12-16M/year for 5 years, with an increase of 10.5% per year. I don't care how good of friends Lebron and Jay-Z are, James is not going to give up $20-40M in salary to play in Brooklyn. Especially since Cleveland can offer $18M/year for 6 years with the same raises and without regard to the cap, so the difference is more like $40-60M LBJ would be leaving on the table to go to the Nets.

Vince is an offensive machine, but he will be going into his 13th year by the time Lebron is a FA, and he's already slowing down. Vince is not a good defender, and while high scorers put butts in the seats, defense wins championships. The truisms apply, to win a championship you have to play defense, you have to have a scorer in the post, and you have to have a deep bench. Phoenix tried to play a 7 man rotation and no defense, look where it got them. They can keep Vince if they cut all their bench players and sign minimum salary scrubs and trade away their first round picks. But will LBJ want to come to that team?

jetsfan89
08-26-2008, 02:12 PM
its not like the nets wanna get rid of carter for expirings (otherwise we woulda just traded him for wally szcerbiak). the nets wanna stay competitive at least until 2010 where they can go after any big FA (I dont buy Lebron to the nets quite honestly, and im a nets fan)

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
its not like the nets wanna get rid of carter for expirings (otherwise we woulda just traded him for wally szcerbiak). the nets wanna stay competitive at least until 2010 where they can go after any big FA (I dont buy Lebron to the nets quite honestly, and im a nets fan)

I think they also don't want to make Cleveland any better....

jetsfan89
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I think they also don't want to make Cleveland any better....

i can see that

dre1990
08-26-2008, 06:09 PM
i could see him go to dallas, toronto or LAC, detroit would neve trade fo him. and the suns would not give that much up for him. and utah already have a good thing going with their team, why mess that up? i dont think he would be a great fit with dallas, but i could see them trading for him. he would be a preety good fit with toronto, but i dont know if they would make that trade cause they dont like him. LAC could defintly trade for him though, and i think they are the most likely to trade for him.