PDA

View Full Version : Because the NJ Nets are trying for Lebron in 2010, why not get Vince Carter now?

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Because the NJ Nets are trying for Lebron in 2010, why not get Vince Carter now?

You could package Kyle Korver and Matt Harpring along with CJ Miles for Vince Carter and that would you give you a lineup of:

PG Deron Williams/Knight/Price
SG Vince Carter/Brewer
SF AK-47/Almond
PF Boozer/Collins
C Okur/Paul Millsap

That team would be scary good.

And if not Harpring then maybe Brewer instead with a future 1st rounder.

Lo Porto
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Vince Carter would be very interesting in Utah, but I don't think this trade scenario is possible. If the Jazz were looking to pursue Carter, Andrei Kirilenko would be the piece to trade instead of Harpring and Korver.

I don't think either team is really interested honestly. New Jersey still needs a face to that franchise and the numbers show that Vince sells tickets and merchandise. Utah has good, affordable players at the SG and SF positions already in Brewer, Korver, Almond and Harpring. I just don't see them being interested...

Lo Porto
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Utah has CJ too at the SG and SF position.

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Vince Carter would be very interesting in Utah, but I don't think this trade scenario is possible. If the Jazz were looking to pursue Carter, Andrei Kirilenko would be the piece to trade instead of Harpring and Korver.

I don't think either team is really interested honestly. New Jersey still needs a face to that franchise and the numbers show that Vince sells tickets and merchandise. Utah has good, affordable players at the SG and SF positions already in Brewer, Korver, Almond and Harpring. I just don't see them being interested...

That's the point, the Nets would not take back AK-47 in the deal because they would be trying to cut cap space. The Jazz would do it to be more of a contender and be right in the mix with the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets and Rockets.

kenzo400
08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Have you guys been living under a rock for the last 5 years? Vince Carter is a cancer to any teams he comes to. Look what he did to Toronto, and even now New Jersey. The guy has terrible work ethic and will never be a winner.

JAZZNC
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Have you guys been living under a rock for the last 5 years? Vince Carter is a cancer to any teams he comes to. Look what he did to Toronto, and even now New Jersey. The guy has terrible work ethic and will never be a winner.

Agreed. Vince isn't a winner and he certainly wouldn't like being the third or fourth option on offense.

Reezy
08-25-2008, 03:11 PM

I think you're getting VC confused with Z-Bo. :laugh:

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 03:22 PM

The guy dug the Nets out of the whole when he went there. He got them in the playoffs.

And then he averaged 30/7/5 and 28/6/5 in the playoffs.

rainmanegbert2
08-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Id probably do it for harpring, miles, collins and OUR 2010 first round pick. (NOT THE KNICKS THAT WE HAVE) we should offer a package like this to the bulls for ben gordon as well :D

mrblisterdundee
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Id probably do it for harpring, miles, collins and OUR 2010 first round pick. (NOT THE KNICKS THAT WE HAVE) we should offer a package like this to the bulls for ben gordon as well :D

A Ben Gordon trade would be more affordable. It wouldn't include Andre Kirilenko, because Chicago already has Deng and Nocioni. The fact that Gordon is already a dissatisfied free agent also makes him an easier grab than Vince Carter. Also, Carter is a harder proposition because he's the only star that New Jersey has left.

Lo Porto
08-27-2008, 12:24 PM
No Vince unless we trade AK to get him. Utah needs money to re-sign Boozer, Korver, Okur and Millsap next summer much more than getting Vince and hoping he likes being option #3 or 4.

AK for Gordon and Gooden is not that bad of a trade considering it should open up $6 million next summer to re-sign people. We'd have to teach Brewer and Korver to play the SF, but it's a much better idea than Vince.

Dynasty
08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Because the NJ Nets are trying for Lebron in 2010, why not get Vince Carter now?

1. Because the Nets also want to move to NY and they need marketable players.

2. Because the Nets need attractions for Lebron so that he won't be in the same situation he was in Cleveland.

rhino17
08-27-2008, 05:17 PM
vince would be the perfect for for what the jazz need, as long as he doesnt want to be the man

JordansBulls
10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
vince would be the perfect for for what the jazz need, as long as he doesnt want to be the man

Who really is the "Man" on the Jazz? Is it Deron or is it Boozer?

Sorry I wanted to bump this up again to see what you guys thought about the idea of getting Vince Carter especially since the Rockets now have added Artest and all the other significant teams out west have added an important piece to their teams.

jimbobjarree
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
read my thread on 2009 cap hell and then you'l find out why we could never have VC while we have AK. End of.

as a player, yeah would be awesome...but just not affordable.

good idea though

Lo Porto
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I would have rather had Jefferson for AK...

The best situation for the Nets and Vince is if he gets traded to Miami for Marion. That is a situation great for both teams. Imagine a lineup of Wade, Vince and Beasley. If they could find a defensive center, they would be nasty.

jimbobjarree
10-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Who really is the "Man" on the Jazz? Is it Deron or is it Boozer?

The Jazz are a good team because they play as a team, we dont rely on having just one 'man'. As you know we have one of the best tandem in the league which is better than having a 'man'.

and out of the two, IMO Williams is our MVP, and towards the end of last seaosn I think more people were beginning to recognise that.

earschicken
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Getting VC doesn't even make sense for the Jazz if we even could get him. He needs the ball in his hands to make things happen, is a cancer in the clubhouse, won't adopt Sloan's system, and is a me-first ball hog who is only going to get worse as his body ages. He is very exciting, yes, but I wouldn't even want that guy on my team! This topic is silly

jimbobjarree
10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
plus we have all the offense we need in D Will, Booz, Memo...we are happy with having a decent perimeter defender in Brewer who can chip in with a high field goal percentage and grab about 10 a night...he is perfect for our team. We just need a shooter next to him...and thats where CJ comes in, if he can play good defense this season we have him at a steal for 3.7mil locked up.

sportsnutzz
10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
What I thought this thread died..... there is no way VC will end up in a jazz uniform.