PDA

View Full Version : Bosh: Olympic gold as big as it gets

Sports Illustrator
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
The grin didn't leave Chris Bosh's face. "Personally," said Bosh, the Toronto Raptors star, "this is as big as you can get. This only comes once every four years. Now I can join that elite class of gold medallists." The U.S. has been waiting eight years to call itself the best at basketball once again at the Olympic Games. Bosh has been waiting a lifetime to call himself a champion. U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski has been raving about Bosh's play, his versatility, and his attitude since the Olympics began. And it showed with him getting more playing time than U.S. starting centre Dwight Howard. Bosh played 23 minutes yesterday, Howard played 17:23.

From Toronto Sun (http://torontosun.com/Sports/Beijing2008/2008/08/25/6562301-sun.html)

R. Johnson#3
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
He's right, it is as big as it gets. Now that Bosh has a taste for victory he's gonna want more. Lets hope he brings a new found leadership to the Raps this season.

ink
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Congrats to CB4! It' great to see him play such a central role with a stacked team like that. :clap:

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM
He seems to be much improved on D. Hope he brings that and much more on the court his year.

deaner
08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
A rebounding monster... his hard work has brought a lot of respect to the raps org.

Durant is hype
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Lets Go Raptors!

maxgraham
08-25-2008, 06:56 PM
and booed on draft night... haha

gbus
08-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Bosh got worked over downlow in one-on-one situations by the likes of Marc Gasol and Luis Scola but other than that, he was absolutely fantastic, he played with a greater energy than we're used to seeing out of him. It will be interesting to see how this experience affects his game this coming year.

boms-4
08-25-2008, 07:31 PM
congrats to Bosh and the U.S.A basketball team

Tha Truth
08-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Maybe he can carry that excellent play and defensive intensity over to the upcoming season.

jrice9
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
I still am going to smile whhen I see him, JO, and moon on the court at the same time. All three can really block shots and rebound. We wont be the smallest team in the league now!!!

katman
08-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Too bad Charlie Rosen slagged him on Fox Sports, don't think that guy understands the international game at all. They needed Bosh a mobile centre to counter the high pick and roll

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Bosh is the man. I love his game. And he seems so down to earth. He should have been starting over Howard I think. He was more productive.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Too bad Charlie Rosen slagged him on Fox Sports, don't think that guy understands the international game at all. They needed Bosh a mobile centre to counter the high pick and roll

I read that too. That Rosen guy thinks he knows everyting. He is always bagging on players that probably dont deserve it though.

Frank Costanza
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Bosh hadnt won something in a long time, he probably forgot how it felt to be the best like his undefeated high school season. All champions always say that what it takes to really crave and take ur game to the next level is a taste of what it feels like, im hoping bosh can take this experience into the season and play with even more firepower with new purpose to not only make the playoffs, but to win a championship with this squad,

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Bosh hadnt won something in a long time, he probably forgot how it felt to be the best like his undefeated high school season. All champions always say that what it takes to really crave and take ur game to the next level is a taste of what it feels like, im hoping bosh can take this experience into the season and play with even more firepower with new purpose to not only make the playoffs, but to win a championship with this squad,

I would think that all the players on that team would bring something back to their individual teams. I think Bosh will be able to relay some of the defensive energy he had to play with on team USA to the Raps. Plus with any big new addition like Oneal, it brings an added spark to a team. I think the Raps are going to be a top 3 team in the east next year. I just think they need to upgrade their shooting guard spot and they will be scary good.

prash
09-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hopefully Bosh will realize what a crap coach Sam is after listening to Mike K.

bidi_nash
09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
congrats to bosh and the u.s and like whats been said i hope he can bring the winning attitude and his new skills to t.o