PDA

View Full Version : Somebody cheer me up

Bulldog76
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
OK, so I came back to my office this morning to read these 4 stories first...

-C. Williams had a herniated disc in college and the bears knew it before they drafted him, contrary to what Angelo and company had said...

-Bears likely to keep 2 QBs and 4 RBs; in an attempt to keep Adrian Peterson and Garret Wolfe and risk Caleb Hanie being picked up by another team...

-Jerry Angelo holds a teleconference with the beat reporters and explains that they knew Williams had a back injury but this current injury is in the same part of his back, only a slightly different herniation...so they shouldn't be called liars...even though, they have said since draft day that he had no injury risk...

-Monk was cut...just another story

...so someone please provide me with some good news or some sense of optimism that we won't be unwatchable on television this year...someone please give me a reason to think this team is headed in the right direction.

Amazing how fast a super bowl team can be stripped apart by a clueless general manager...just makes me nauseas...

BowDown
08-25-2008, 10:19 AM
1. Williams: I know the whole back thing is a drag, but I still think his potential is just as good as what was still available from Albert, Otah, Cherilius and Baker. He was very good at Vanderbilt and that was playing with his bad back. I think if not rushed, he can be the premier LT we've been searching for. Look at it this way, if we lose because of the line, we get another high draft pick next year and get basically two 1st rounders with Williams coming back healthy.

2. I'm not concerned with having only 2 QBs. This may be a blessing in disguise. If both Orton and Grossman falter, it will force JA to make a move for a better QB. He will not dare bring in a nobody after the Williams pick. Maybe a frugal move for a Quinn or someone might get this team on the right track at that position finally.

3. Angelo, as we all know, is not a guru when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. He has built this team around defense and does a good job keeping who he needs too. Like I said if things fall apart on the offense, we get better picks and possible high profile trades that Angelo may not have made if things were fine and dandy.

4. Monk was dropped to the 7th rd for a reason. There is probably no team that will pick him up now that he has not fully recoverd from his injury. He needs time to mend and by that time maybe the Bears will call, maybe not. I'm not that concerned with having a tall reciever now that we have Olsen and Davis at TE who will take a bulk of the plays in the red zone anyway.

So, if we look at things with a silver lining, maybe things will pan out after all.

Bulldog76
08-25-2008, 10:34 AM
1. Williams: I know the whole back thing is a drag, but I still think his potential is just as good as what was still available from Albert, Otah, Cherilius and Baker. He was very good at Vanderbilt and that was playing with his bad back. I think if not rushed, he can be the premier LT we've been searching for. Look at it this way, if we lose because of the line, we get another high draf tand get basically two 1st rounders next year with Williams coming back healthy. SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE WASHING THIS SEASON AWAY AND THAT DOESN'T EXACTLY CHEER ME UP...HOW COULD WE HAVE PASSED ON OTAH, ALBERT, BAKER, CHERILLUS AND SELECTED A GUY WITH A BAD BACK...STAN THOMAS RING A BELL? AND NO A HIGH DRAFT PICK NEXT SEASON DOESN'T MAKE ME HAPPY...WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES DOES.

2. I'm not concerned with this having only 2 QBs. This may be a blessing in disguise. If both Orton and Grossman falte, it will force JA to make a move for a better QB. He will not dare briniging in a nobody after the Williams pick. MAybe a frugal move for a Quinn or someone might get this team on the right track at that position finally.WELL CONSIDERING WE WOULD LIKELY LOSE HANIE TO ANOTHER TEAM ON THE WAIVER WIRE AND THAT REX IS GONE BEFORE NEXT SEASON, WE WOULD HAVE ONLY ONE QB ON THE ROSTER ENTERING NEXT YEAR AND THIS ONE ISN'T EXACTLY JOE MONTANA

3. Angelo, as we all know, is not a guru when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. He has built this team around defense and does a good job keeping who he needs too. Like I said if things fall apart on the offense, we get better picks and possible high profile trades that Angelo may not have made if things were fine and dandy. AGAIN, I'M LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS NOW, NOT HOLDING OUT HOPE THAT THIS BRAINDEAD GM MAKES A FEW BLOCKBUSTER TRADES IN THE OFFSEASON OR USES THE HIGH DRAFT PICKS THAT COME AS A RESULT OF SUCKING FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS...

4. Monk was dropped to the 7th rd for a reason. There is proably no team that will pick him up now that he has not fully recoverd from his injury. He needs time to mend and by that time maybe the Bears will call, maybe not. I'm not that concerned with having a tall reciever now that we have Olsen and Davis at TE who will take a bulk of the plays in the red zone any way.I'M NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT LOSING HIM, BUT THE HYPE THAT SURROUNDED HIM FROM SEVERAL MEMBERS HERE WAS OVER THE TOP AND HAVING HIM CUT THIS EARLY LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT MY ASSESSMENT OF THIS WR GROUP ISN'T TOO FAR GONE...

So, if we look at things with a silver lining, maybe things will pan out after all.

THE ONLY SILVER LINING IS IN THE CLOUD OF SMOKE YOU JUST BLEW OUT... YOUR SILVER LINING FLUSHES THIS SEASON DOWN THE TOILET AND THAT ISN'T EXACTLY A GOOD THING.