PDA

View Full Version : Have You Met Any Raptors?

raptorman12
08-25-2008, 08:16 AM
I was just curious if any of you guys have met any of the Raptors, past or present. I also don't mean at games, but randomly on the streets in T.O. I once met Alvin Williams a few years back at a Loblaws near downtown Toronto. You guys?

08-25-2008, 08:56 AM
i once saw jamario moon wondering around the rogers centre....i dunt noe if u wuld call that meeting him jusst saw him...

t_kobe24
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM
bosh rookie year koo guy...vince p**k i hate him...jermaine oneal last game of the season vs the raptors gave me his game used shoes and signthem for me soooooooooooo sick

Mile High Champ
08-25-2008, 09:49 AM
wow where do I start.. I have met Jermaine O'neal, actually talked to him for a while, My best friend as a kid, his uncle married into the Simon family (own the pacers) so they had a informal event in Toronto and some of the pacers were there like Reggie Miller, Jermaine O'neal etc.. So yeah talked to O'neal for a while. I have met Juan Dixon, Mike James, Morris Peterson (all at the raps training camp at brock a few years ago), Antonio Davis. I know there is more and I will try to think about it..

Master P
08-25-2008, 09:55 AM
back in the day the raptors team doctor used to run a clinic at the university of toronto athletic centre, where i worked, swam varsity, etc. there i saw alvin williams once. in the pool i met montross, n.djhee (sp?), michael bradley, and lindsay hunter. rick fox also briefly came to the pool once while i was lifeguarding but he wasn't in my area.

then back in the day i met glen grunwald walking the streets of toronto. nice guy, liked that i was wearing a raptors shirt and told me where to buy more merchandise.

i saw hump illegally park and walk into shoppers last year.

and finally, last year i was taking the elevator in my building when it stopped and carlos delfino walked on. again, i was wearing a raptor shirt (the training camp hoodie). he made some comment about it, but the only word i could make out was 'raptors'. dont think his english was that great.

a short friend of mine from school, maybe 5'1" met Yao Ming in Chinatown this past year. im 6'6" so i always had fun picking on this girl for being short, but then after meeting yao she said i was no longer tall to her. so for that reason yao ming is dead to me.

Bob_at_york
08-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I met Antonio Davis at Dave and Buster's when it originally openned. I worked there, he was there for promotional reasons.

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 10:40 AM
JYD and Moon.

pebloemer
08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I met Antonio Davis at Dave and Buster's when it originally openned. I worked there, he was there for promotional reasons.

Is that the Dave and Busters near the Putting Edge and AMC Theatres? (I used to manage the Putting Edge there). Lindsay Hunter came in to Putting Edge when I was working to play mini golf with his son. That's it for me.

Bob_at_york
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Is that the Dave and Busters near the Putting Edge and AMC Theatres? (I used to manage the Putting Edge there). Lindsay Hunter came in to Putting Edge when I was working to play mini golf with his son. That's it for me.

Yes, that is the one. I worked there when it originally openned.

rapswin98
08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
vince carter and lindsay hunter

marvILLous
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
when i was young i went to a basketball camp thingy in the raptors practice gym and antonio davis and leo rautins were hosting it.

not a raptor, but i use to work at dominion and i served cabbie and his friends once. he was cool hahah. i gave him a free container cuz there was no price on it so i was like, whatever. lol he thought i was cool for that :D oh and it turns out that, a couple weeks before (i wasnt working there yet), moon and AP went to that dominion too haha

and.... when i was in grade 8, my school team made it to the TCDSB finals and we got to play the championship game at the ACC. The raps were practicing upstairs cuz there were gonna play the cavs later on in the night. first, the girls finals was being played so we were in the audience waiting and glen grunwald walked out of the tunnel so we said wattup to him and everything.. haha pretty cool

boms-4
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
i havent meet any raptors ever but my cousin saw Vince Carter at some bar in T.O which would of been pretty cool...at the time

star
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
every single raptor since 2005 at the training camp physicals and medical assessments

Bob_at_york
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
every single raptor since 2005 at the training camp physicals and medical assessments

Are you a doctor or something? :confused:

J_B
08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
i met keon clark and jerome williams at wal-mart in like 2001!XD

jdot22
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Saw Wince Carter when he first landed his club 'Inside' ... but didnt get to talk to him ....

Saw Joey Graham waiting in front of Circa nite club ... on Caribana wknd ....

I was at Milestone ... I was going to go get a picture with him... then remembered he was JOEY GRAHAM ... :|

Dude waited like an hour ... I left Milestones... and he was still out there waiting hahahaha

jdot22
08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh ya ... how could I forget ... I was waiting in line beside Yogi Stewart to buy tickets to Vince Carter's charity all star game ... HAHAHAHA

WHAT? VC couldnt hook his teammate at the time some tix??? LOL

jrice9
08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
The following former Raptors I have met

Wince
Alvin
Hakeem
Antonio Davis
Tmac

Last year my friend took me to this party with certain ticket holders (box seats which his dad has) and the raptors so I met all of them but Moon who wasnt there. This year he says I can go again woooo!

R. Johnson#3
08-25-2008, 11:52 PM
I got the best story out of any of you.

I was 10 years old and was walking around the Royal York hotel with my Dad. If I remember correctly we were going to a Jays game. I point out a really tall guy poking out of the crowd and my Dad tells me to look closer. Sure enough it's Kevin Willis. I go up to him, get his attention and start talking to him. One of the most laid back and nicest pro athletes I've ever come across. We had a good 5 minute conversation about the Raptors and basketball in general. It all ended with him giving me an autograph and a high five.

Tha Truth
08-26-2008, 12:58 AM
I saw Joey Graham at Scotiabank theatre downtown.

He was with a friend and it was funny because he had his hood on as if he was trying to hide or not be noticed.

The funny thing is nobody real cares it`s Joey Graham.

I didn`t bother to get an autograph.

star
08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Are you a doctor or something? :confused:

i play a role on the medical staff

Mile High Champ
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
i play a role on the medical staff

do they know how much you hate the make of their team and the players themselves?

Bob_at_york
08-26-2008, 08:45 AM
I saw Joey Graham at Scotiabank theatre downtown.

He was with a friend and it was funny because he had his hood on as if he was trying to hide or not be noticed.

The funny thing is nobody real cares it`s Joey Graham.

I didn`t bother to get an autograph.

How do you know it was Joey? Couldn't it have been Stephen?

da1nonly
08-26-2008, 08:59 AM
dee brown at sears...

funny story about keon clark...
my brother-in-law worked the golf course one year... keon clark came to play with some of his buddies... he got to hang around keon and talk to him for a bit after the front 9... apparently keon was smokin and getting high and talking about how nobody on the team liked vince carter and how vince was a pre-madonna...
hilarious....

also...
can't remember when it was... but it was one of those late night midnight madness promo things at best buy and best buy opened the doors exclusively for a couple raptors... he saw vince carter and couple other guys...

da1nonly
08-26-2008, 09:01 AM

Ya ... it could've been stephen... maybe he was trying to cover up his identity with his hoodie to hide the shame that he looked like his brother joey... hahaha....

Tha Truth
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM

LOL.

That's a good point.

But I'm almost certain it was Joey.

Rapt0rs
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
When i was at the home opener when we faced the sixers, I was waiting for the elevator and when it came, Samuel Dalembert was there. I first didn't really reconized him but then i saw how tall he was and saw his sixers shirt, so i was like " OMG samuel ". He isn't really a Raptor but he was the first NBA player i met IRL.

R. Johnson#3
08-26-2008, 08:46 PM
dee brown at sears...

funny story about keon clark...
my brother-in-law worked the golf course one year... keon clark came to play with some of his buddies... he got to hang around keon and talk to him for a bit after the front 9... apparently keon was smokin and getting high and talking about how nobody on the team liked vince carter and how vince was a pre-madonna...
hilarious....

also...
can't remember when it was... but it was one of those late night midnight madness promo things at best buy and best buy opened the doors exclusively for a couple raptors... he saw vince carter and couple other guys...

He wasn't hammered?

IndyFan
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
i met JO at a movie theater. he was there with his GF and kids going to an afternoon movie. just like normal people. he let her buy the tix and popcorn and just kind of stood off in the background trying to look inconspicuous. neat trick with his size.

:)

ShaunRiching9
08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
MO pete Bosh and Ford last season

star
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
do they know how much you hate the make of their team and the players themselves?

stop being ignorant

i do not hate the players or the team. I just said that they are not the 2nd best team in the east. That Sam is not a good coach. And that i was disappointed with some of the moves BC has made.

Talick
08-28-2008, 01:39 AM
I once met Hakeem at my mosque. We went early for prayer and so did he. My two cousins and I were the only ppl in the mosque with him. His pants were taller than my little cousin (who was about 4 1/2 feet at that time). I greeted him and shook his hand but didnt want to disturb him cuz he was reading the Quran. He quite the holy guy. I ended up getting his autograph at a later visit to the mosque, but the only thing I had on me at the time was a pocket phonebook. I still have that phonebook to this day all framed up and hanging on my room wall....k im joking about the frame part.

Also met JYD a year ago at my highschool. Did the morning announcements for us and was giving away stuff at an assembly. But its only JYD so who cares.

Toxeryll
08-28-2008, 01:58 AM
i met Pape Sow... thats about it..